Ikoi-no-Ie Kyoto Reviews

885 Ushitora-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto city, Kyoto, Japan

They have a great jPanese breakfast that can be ordered additionally. It is really worth it! The house we stayed in was a bit too cold in the communal areas but the room had a heater so it wasn't too bad.

Very good free wi-fi 2 km from the nightlife Staff speak english very good

Friendly, comfortable and a wonderful location. This was my second stay and I would happily stay again. The staff went out of their way to help me around New Year when I had to move around through several accommodations, and I greatly appreciate the efforts they made.

This Ryokan is a gem in the little streets in Kyoto. What sets it above all the other places I staid in Japan was the amazing staff who created a highly enjoyable experience. They offered advice on how to get the most out of our stay in Kyoto and all services were reasonably prized. If I visited Kyoto again I would not even consider anywhere else.

My first time stay in this hotel for 2 days. It is about 15 mins walk from JR Kyoto-station. Not a easy walk if you carry wi th heavy luggage. Reception is at dfferent location and the staff is helpful and polite. Our room is at 2nd floor and I have not been informed that I have to carry my heavy lugguage to the second floor without elevator. The room is nice and clean. It is a traditional japanese styly room. I think the wall is too thin and you can hear clearly the people singing in the shower

Very good staff, very good service, good choice of offering tea ceremony and open air japanese bath!

• 12th Nov 2013

No staff at guesthouse, we had to go to the main Ryokkan or call them if we need assistance. Difficulty finding the place and only bus 50 goes there from Kyoto bus terminal. We read reviews of the place given in 2012 where there is warmth and great services but is missing now. Plus point, you do not have curfew nor staff hanging around watching every step you take.

Friendly staff and an authentic experience

• 23rd Oct 2013

Great experience. Traditional style was very nice. Staff was very helpful and nice.

• 21st Oct 2013