Ikoi-no-Ie Kyoto Reviews

885 Ushitora-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto city, Kyoto, Japan

I would recommend this hostel as it is very clean, close to Kyoto station and the staff were very helpful. However it is a place for couples, there was no atmosphere and no common area.

• 18th Nov 2014

everything is ok but loo far from kyoto station and no lift

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

I have stayed in many hostels before but by far, Ikoi-no-le-Kyoto was the best I have ever stayed in.The room highly met my expectations and I want to recommend this fine establishment to my friends.

• 26th Oct 2014

Everything was fine. A warm informative welcome. We didn't need much help but we knew we could ask if we needed to. Room was spotless, as were all the guest areas. A very enjoyable stay,thank you

Friendly Staff. Sells Kyoto one day passes. Location is a bit further from the main station but near main shopping street. the room key looks a bit shabby but Japan is a safe country in general.

Very small space cause it is in the middle of Kyoto. Kind of crowded and noisy, with a lot of people come in and out all the time, especially late night check-in guest (some are loud). The area is safe and convenient; walking to the metro stop is a plus.

We love the friendly staff! They are very helpful... We wish we could stay longer...

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

We can highly recommend this ryokan hostel. Very friendly staff and practical facilities like bike rental, laundry and close to the station.

This ryokan was fine. Approximately 15 minutes from Kyoto station and 5 minutes from subway K10 station and bus stops. When we arrived at 2.30 PM the room was not ready and we were told to wait until 3 PM. We were invited to stay in the common part of the ryokan but we went for a short walk near the ryokan even thoug we were exhausted for the long flight. At 3 PM the room was not ready yet and we had to wait until 4 PM, this was a bit annoying as we wanted so bad to lay down for an hour or so.

• 20th Aug 2014

Loved staying here (I had a private tatami room). Staff are super helpful and bike hire is very handy too.

Excellent place and location , very happy with my stay there, just would like to apologize for taking my trash downstairs instead of leaving it in the room, I tried to help with that but I totally forgot about the strict regulations about sorting and packing the trash, lesson learned next visit will not happen again! ありがとうございました :)

Fantastic location!!! Close to Tokyo Metro stops, convenience stores, city bus stops, and JR station. Helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities, and a great experience, thanks!!!!

This was a great place to stay! I had the onl room on the roof, which was lovely. The room and bed were very comfortable, the staff nice, the bike rental great, and the setup offered a nice combination of personal and communal space. Highly recommended!

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was clean and organized. The place in general was very nice. An excellent choice.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very nice area, very nice staff, but the amount of bathrooms is very limited.

• 10th Jul 2014

Fantastic location, 30 minute walk from Gion and Kawaramachi-dori and 10 minute walk from Kyoto station. Staff were OK but not much interaction was needed anyway bar payment and etc, and they recommended a cheap and delicious udon/donburi restaurant nearby that was greatly appreciated. The key barely worked for our room, but we didn't mind so much. Common room was passable. Goddam 'Stralians didn't respect the noise curfew though, and if you're reading this: please go to a damn bar in future.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It is a bit confusing to have the reception in other building that is in a different block. Breakfast was good.

My father came to visit me in Japan, and we stayed at Ikoi-no-Ie during our time in Kyoto. They give directions from the subway, but really it's no more than a 10 - 15 minute walk. The staff is extremely helpful and speaks English. The rooms are very clean and are reasonably priced. They provide yukatas and tea ceremonies for an additional price. We were very impressed and sorry to go when we moved on in our travels. Would gladly stay again next time I come to Kyoto.

We chose the room with futons and were pleasantly surprised to get a small apartment! We loved it!

It was such a quirky little hostel, with ta tame mat floors and futons to sleep on, which me and my mum and brother loved. I liked the location as it wasn't too central and the staff were really helpful. The directions to the hostel need to be a bit clearer, as when we got to 'the small path next to the seven eleven,' they didn't tell us how long to walk for or other buildings we may walk past etc. but apart from that.