International Youth Hostel Lijiang Reviews

behind the parking lot of Mingzhen Plaza, (Jin Tian Hotel),Minzhu Rd, Lijiang, China

The staff here were very friendly and helpful! English not perfect but good. They booked my bus ticket to tiger leaping gorge for me. The location is outside the old city but only a 5 minute walk....Also close to TLG bus stop. Dorms had old but comfy mattresses. Bedlinen clean and cotton. They have new mountain bikes for hire, but I didn't have time to try it out. Dorm decor and bathroom could do with an update and some mosquito nets on the windows.

very well located. rooms and common areas were nice, but toilets kind of stinky, yet i can consider them ok comparing to others i've seen lately...

The hostel location was a bit difficult to find as it was hidden within another compound. The toilets and beds were all very clean except that perhaps the lightning could be improved as the toilet (especially shower area) was quite dark at night. The staff were rather helpful with finding tour agencies and providing options for takeaway meals. It was a little disappointing that their chef was not in town those days so we had to takeaway.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Good location close to old town staff very helpful and promptly fixed any problems Clean

Staff help me a lot cuz I can't speak Chinese ~ good room but, location is difficult to find!! I had a good time there ;)

It was quite hard to find the hostel. Stuff spoke very little English. Breakfast wasn't unfortunatelely included. Basic dorm was really basic - pay more and get better standard.

Great location, close to both old and new town of Lijiang. Homely atmosphere and friendly staff. 24 hours hot filter drinking water available.

Very helpful staff. Dorms and ensuite bathroom clean and spacious. Location a little bit hard to find at first as it's down an alley/side road. Otherwise quite convenient on the southwest edge of the old town.

A good hostel which was a little quiet when I was there owing to Chinese New Year. Good staff and menu, and able to advise on travel. If you want something more central go for Mama Naxi's in the old town, which is as good but doesn't have En Suite bathrooms.

Not bad, good location, cheap bicycle hire, friendly and informative staff.

The hostel was nice, but they had us move to a different hostel for a week because this hostel was closed. I guess they are owned by the same guy or family. We liked the other place, Lao Shay, more, so we ended up staying there the whole time. The directions on the hostel world website were completely, completely wrong, so we spent a very long time, about 3 hours walking around trying to find the hostel. The person at the hostel was not very helpful in telling us where to go when we called.

• 12th Feb 2015