International Youth Hostel Lijiang Reviews

behind the parking lot of Mingzhen Plaza, (Jin Tian Hotel),Minzhu Rd, Lijiang, China

The location of this hostel was fine, but almost impossible to find. I booked a dorm, but when we arrived they told us the dorms were in an entirely different place! They told us we could stay in the double, but of course those were more money. The room was fine, until halfway through the day when the toilet randomly stopped working for no reason. We actually ended up leaving and going to a different hostel because it there was no atmosphere, and barely any friendly English help.

We slept in a private room. The mattress in the bed was so hard like there wasn't one. Staff wasn't able to speak English with us. They couldn't give us some information about train ticket office and about the tour they offer. And this in a "international" youth hostel. Room was clean.

Staff were not very friendly, otherwise a good place.

The rooms were great. The location was great. The staff, however, didn't really act like they wanted our business - no knowledge of local activities and generally unhelpful. We will not stay here again.

Hostel looked very nice. Good location and bi beds. Only the staff could have been more helpfull and friendly

• 10th Jun 2014

In general the place is average. Staff are rude when we ask for two dishes with rice we were told there was no rice, much to our surprise, the staff had a banquet with more than 6portions of rice left over after they had finished their meal. The food we were given was disgusting.

Ok location, within walking distance from the Old Town. Staff can speak English but doesn't seem too knowledgeable about things to do around town and tours to Tiger Leaping Gorge and other locations. Excellent wi-fi with VPN (for websites blocked in China, such as Facebook), good restaurant with very good prices. I was frustrated that they didn't provide towels, not even for hire. There is a nice garden and restaurant/common area, but I experienced no interaction with other travellers.

Sour experience here unfortunately. I booked a private ensuite room, and had the receipt to prove it, but they said I had booked a spot in 6 person dorm. When they finally did admit that I ordered a private room, they offered me an upgrade to another private room, but it was the most expensive one because they had double booked my original room, and wanted me to pay the full amount. 5 minutes of heated discussion later they gave it to me at the price of the first room.

It's a really good idea to stay outside of the old city, thus to avoid squeezing down the streets with a backpack, and this hostel is ideal. Very big and spacious, built around an inner courtyard with a really smart communal area inside. American VPN, satellite TV (Wonderful soft piano music played in the evenings...) and big Western/Chinese menu. Beds very soft and rooms clean. Male in charge VERY helpful and friendly. Biggest complaint is in directions. No Chinese letters are listed on Hostel

The car that hostel recomment us to rent is very bad service.

helpfull staff , very nice and most importent they speek english :)

Location is close to Lijiang old town.Easy to find something to eat.Bed and room are fine(4 bed mixed dorm).It costs only 30 yuan and bathroom is just 5 steps away. Con : My only complain is when I checked in,a bold man at reception sold me the Lijiang old town ticket which was already used from another guest.When I presented it to Heilongtan Park(黑龙潭公园).The staff there denied me to use only the update ticket.It made me to take a long walk back to the hostel again to get the new one.

The location of this hostel is close to the bus station and therefore perfect if you want to head somewhere else. The hostel is clean, quiet and also close to the old town. The food within the hostel is also very good. Unfortunately every time we asked the stuff for information about buses and times the information was wrong and especially the woman working there was just unwilling to help. Nevertheless since most of the hostels are located within the noisy old town it is a good pick

The middle-aged male (day) receptionist is very friendly and helpful. The night female one is the exact opposite...

Location is great but the place is a bit hard to find. They could add their address in chinese in hostelworld page. Atmosphere was quite cold.

The fact that it is a few minutes walk from the old city doesn't matter... The hostel is okay, but the staffs service/attitude meant we quickly moved on.

Really nice place to stay, good location next to the Old Town and close to the bus station.

Really comfortable and location was great!