Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion Reviews

Tokiwacho170 Higashiyama Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

Great place and the sake bar downstairs is excellent

A little bare bones but a really great location and great staff. More effort is put into the sake bar (which is awesome), but the facilities are spartan and not remarkable. Would stay here again.

This is a great location, very central and in a busy area with lots of food and drinking options. It was really easy to get around Kyoto from here. The hostel itself is less welcoming compared to the average in Japan – the reception is in the bar downstairs and there's not much information or help given by the hostel. There was even a girl who got locked out of her room and couldn't contact any staff so had to stay up all night. The rooms are small but clean.

met good friends here. can't be happier about that

• 13th Nov 2015

Maybe it's not the fanciest hostel in Kyoto, but you get good value for the money. Also the location is nice with several going out areas nearby and two subway stations.

When I told the staff that there's a bug in the bed, he didn't seem to believe me. My mom was bitten. I thought it might be a flea.The atmosphere made me feel like I'm in a hospital ward or something.

Good location at the station and near the cultural and shopping districts. Kyoto is easy to get around. I should have hired a bike. Nice people staying at Jam at the same time.

In the morning it took ages to wait people who was in the shower room. :)

I had an amazing stay of 3 nights in the hostel. I met some amazing people, and I made some new friends.

This hostel was fine! There was no real atmosphere or communal area. But if you just want a bed close to a station it will do the trick.