Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

This is my first time as a lone traveller and also hostel user. I was very impressed with this hostel. I was expecting noise and lack of hygiene. I got neither at Jiyujin. I was impressed with the room (plenty of space in my bunk area) and plenty of space to store my suitcase. The common room (tea & coffee supplied free of charge) showers and bathroom all immaculate. Staff are extremely helpful and also very interested in why you are there and where you are intending to go.

I liked the big size bunk bed with curtain all around each bed. This gave a spacious enough privacy! Staff are very friendly.

The hostel was great for anyone looking to experience Kyoto and make some friends along the way.

Lovely, little ryokan/backpackers. The kitchen had plenty of facilties. It was close to the subway line and if you wanted a longer walk you could easily get to Kyoto station in 20 minutes. I only spent 2 night here in a single room. The kitchen had plenty of things to use, and was a social place. The receptionist let me borrow an alarm clock to wake up early to catch a flight. They provided a map of the nearby area which was very convenient. Free Wi-fi and computer. Would stay here again.

unfortunately we had no towels. I also missed a bar in the hostel

We sell hand towels (100 yen/each) and we rent bath towels (150 yen/each) in our hostel.

Had an absolutely fantastic time here. It's a really new and clean hostel with very friendly staff, in a convenient location just a few minutes from the metro. It's rather small with about 20 beds total but this led to a quite familial atmosphere in the common room.

Best stay I had in Kyoto during many hotel and inn, staff family are very friendly and helpful and environment is great.

Great hostel! Lovely staff, good beds with curtains around each individual bunk so it can be very private and block out the light. There are keys for each room. Staff give excellent directions and maps. Only thing is there is no staff between certain hours of day so I had to leave my luggage at the station for the day before checking in. Otherwise really good and super clean.

• 16th Apr 2014

cleanliness was what i like the most!!! facilities was soso > pay for rent bike,towel

Very good guest house. Staff is very helpful and nice. Good location as you are close to big street but the guest house is located in a small and quiet street. Everything is clean and you have everything for cooking or cleaning clothes.

We had a nice stay at guesthouse Jiyujin. It is a bit far from Gion and the city center but close to subway station and at a walking distance from JR Kyoto station. The room was clean but quite small. There were enough shared toilets if only a few showers. Kitchen was handy for having breakfast. Staff was helpful. There were bikes you could rent at the hostel. Not a fancy place but friendly and welcoming and good value for expensive Kyoto.

staff were excellent very helpful and positive. It was great to see their happy faces when we came in

Best hostel I stayed at in Japan. Miho and Sayaka, I love you girls. Very friendly and helpful! Location is great, spacious rooms and only four beds to a room. Very clean and ample toilets and showers. Nice common room where you can prepare basic meals, etc. Balcony area good to chill in the afternoon sun. No problems with Wi-Fi. Great value hostel that I would definitely return to when I go back to Kyoto. I'm glad the girls loved the Koala bear I gave them and I loved the cake and souvenir :-)

The staff were incredibly friendly, lovely and helpful. We felt very welcomed. The hostel was clean, comfortable and had all the necessities. Our room was quite small but this was expected, particularly in Japan. We would recommend Jiyujin as a great value stay to other travellers.

Good location with great staffs and value for money!!

Great place to stay staff are so friendly and helpful sayaka was amazing we don't know what we would have done without her. She wrote out maps and directions for everywhere we needed to go which is super helpful because public transport is super tricky in another language! Location is very close to station just a few mins walk. Will def go back there next time!

• 7th Apr 2014

The staff were absolutely lovely, and the building is in traditional Japanese style, built by one of the receptionist's fathers! However, this isn't a party hostel: it was full of domestic tourists and older people, not so much backpackers, but it made a nice change of pace.

Probably one of the best hostel we ever been. Staff is the best in the world. I can't recomend enough this place.

Central location and the staff is really helpfull. Great hostel.

Thank you so much for everything!

1 2 Next » last »