Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I booked a single room for privacy and I almost got it. Excepting the sound from another room (I think they'd also heard my voice clearly), everything was OK: clean, facilities in good condition, staff was kindly and felt free to ask anything. Moreover, it's convenient to walk, see night landscape and take some picture. Recommend it if you want to enjoy a short vacation.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

I really enjoyed my stay in Jiyu-jin. Friendly staff and able to speak good english. The facilities are all in good condition and clean. The location is close to Gojo train station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto. Love it :)

All around good place to stay.

Fantastic hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, who gave recommedations in perfect English. It's in a great location - very close to a subway station but also within easy walking distance of Kyoto station. Great facilities, which were very clean.

Really nice doorms with a lot of privacy due to the curtains. However there is no locker available.

Staff was very personable and helped us understand what we would need to know when traveling through Japan.

Staff are very good in English and kind

It's 10~15 minute's walk from the Kyoto station. It is in a good location. The staff are friendly and attentive. I want to go there again.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

One of the top hostels in Kyoto. Would totally recommend! The staff are brilliant and friendly.

Cozy, silent and clean place! The owners are super helpful and engaging, and speak a perfect English! (Not to mention the super cuteness of the young lady that works at the reception! Oh, I left a piece of my heart there~)

Great service but other guest were noisy. Walls are paper thin.

The location is easy to find and not very far from the nearest station. You can even walk from the Kyoto station. The room was spacious enough and cozy. Facilities and kitchen area were clean and nice. I really liked the staff. Very friendly and english speaking. Would recommend a stay here and will surely come back!

A great placeto stay. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. I would stay again and thoroughly recommend the hostel

1 2 Next » last »