Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The hosts were very helpful, who provided assistance in any way they could. The hostel itself is equipped with good basic facilities. The location is great, well-accessible with a 10-min bus ride from Kyoto Station As for the location, it took us about 20 mins to finally find the hostel, probably because the map provided wasn't detailed enough. Also, it wasn't made very clear that no staff would be present btwn 11am to 4pm so we had to drag our luggage around the city, which was inconvenient.

really convenient, 1-min walk from the bus stop. staff is really warm and nice and they do have their passion in their work. decor is simple, but clean and tidy.

The staff is very friendly. Rooms and showers are clean. You have access to all the falicities. The kitchen is spacious. You can let your luggage to the reception for free. Not expensive for the quality of the hostel.

Kyoto was very pretty, so was this hostel! A lovely family run establishment. Very helpful and kind staff, great location close to public transport and very clean and tidy! This hostel felt like home! Very comfy beds and excellent wifi. Thank you Jiyujin! A pleasure to stay here, look forward to seeing you again!

Friendliest staff of all the places I stayed! I enjoyed chatting with them a lot - great conversation and help for navigating the city, and I felt they really knew the guests.. The hostel felt very personable and was clean & well designed. A good experience overall and would go again.

Basically it is just perfect. The staff are very nice and helpful to provide help on journey planning. The toilets and shower room are very clean even they are shared. I also rented bike for two days and they are in good condition and allowed to travel in Kyoto in details One point to note is that Japanese hostels usually do not have good sound isolation, but it might be the structure to tolerance earthquake. Please bring a earplug with you if you cannot sleep with noise.

I only stayed for one night, but my impressions were positive. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and even if you do not speak Japanese you should be in good hands. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm room with minimal comforts, but it was warm, the bed was spacious and there was an outlet to charge my gadgets. One thing that could have been better was the bench seating in the common room, which didn't have backrests. One thing I appreciated a lot was free use of not only showers but a bathtub.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The toilets and shower room are very clean. The location is close to Gojo Subway station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

We had a great time, best staff, no words, the best hostel in our holidays, no doubt

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Staff were wonderful! Guest house is homely and well looked after. A great place to stay.

The staff was extremely nice, hostel is very clean, facilities & transports are very close.

I booked a single room for privacy and I almost got it. Excepting the sound from another room (I think they'd also heard my voice clearly), everything was OK: clean, facilities in good condition, staff was kindly and felt free to ask anything. Moreover, it's convenient to walk, see night landscape and take some picture. Recommend it if you want to enjoy a short vacation.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

I really enjoyed my stay in Jiyu-jin. Friendly staff and able to speak good english. The facilities are all in good condition and clean. The location is close to Gojo train station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto. Love it :)

1 2 Next » last »