Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very nice place. Location is good, close to subway and Kyoto staion. Staff is very nice and extrmely helpful. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely book Jiyujin again if I came back to Kyoto

I had a great stay at this hostel. Shared rooms are small but clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful. The location was conveniently close to the train station and other major areas were not a far walk away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Great hostel with extremely friendly staff and in a pretty good location for commuting everywhere. About a 20 minute walk from nightlife so not bad at all. I would say that the hostel was pretty quiet but it was amazing to have curtains around each bed for privacy!

Had a great time in Jiyujin Guest House. People who work there are great and very hepful. The best : beds in dormitory have curtains for intimicy, the hostel is very clean, and it's possible to rent a bike to visit Kyoto.

• 20th Oct 2015

Really good guesthouse. Very clean and the staff are amazing, always helpful and worried about the guests satisfaction. Location pretty good. Walk distance from Kyoto station. Highly recommend.

• 19th Oct 2015

Great little hostel in a very convenient location. 15 min walk from Kyoto station and 5 to nearest bus stop which takes you to many of the famous tourist locations nearby. Staff was amazing. Very friendly and helpful with getting around, very good English comprehension/speaking as well. Plenty of space in the rooms and good number of toilets and showers to accommodate. Only downside was a single washer/dryer unit which was constantly in use. Otherwise a great stay and would highly recommend.

• 17th Oct 2015

Many thanks to Jiyujin crews who are so considerate and lovely, we had a great time there in the guest house and also in Kyoto. We will must go back next time we visit Kyoto!!

very nice and cosy hostel with am familiar atmosphere - felt like home :)

I had a great experience with Jiyujin hostel. A very well located place, clean, with great staff that spoke good English and were so helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend staying there.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

Brilliant hostel, could not say enough good things about the staff they were just so helpful from the get go. Great location!!

location made it easy to experience both Kyoto and the

Amazing stay. Everything was so clean, location was close to the metro & the staff was incredible. They were extremely helpful, getting me bus passes and marking everywhere I wanted to go on a map for me. Highly recommend this adorable place!

• 24th Sep 2015

Really nice staff !

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great stay, amazing staff!

Absolutely spotless hostel. Great location between the Train Station and downtown Gion area. Great wifi and super friendly staff. Lacking a bit of atmosphere but If you aren't too bothered about socialising then this is a perfect choice.

Very helpful staff, all available info (map, detailed direction, transportation) and facility including bicycle hiring.

The best part about this hostel is the incredibly sweet staff. It's close to the subway so easy to get around. The downside is it was incredibly quiet, didn't really get to meet anyone at the hostel.

This place is excellent. The staff are super friendly and the entire place is immaculate. I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Kyoto!

Good location, nice and clean, staff was very kind and helpful. No concerns about recommending it to everyone.

I only stayed for one night but i went alone and without planning my trip, the staff were the sweetest people ive ever met, they explained everything perfectly and helped me organize my day so i wouldnt lose time. They do their job to perfection and with love. They are one of my best memories from Kyoto. The bedrooms are plainly to sleep in, which i found very usefull, there is much space in the rest of the hostel to hang out, cook, wash etc.. Its very cosy and welcoming. I met people instantly.

• 29th Aug 2015