Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Fantastic hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, who gave recommedations in perfect English. It's in a great location - very close to a subway station but also within easy walking distance of Kyoto station. Great facilities, which were very clean.

Really nice doorms with a lot of privacy due to the curtains. However there is no locker available.

Staff was very personable and helped us understand what we would need to know when traveling through Japan.

Staff are very good in English and kind

It's 10~15 minute's walk from the Kyoto station. It is in a good location. The staff are friendly and attentive. I want to go there again.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

One of the top hostels in Kyoto. Would totally recommend! The staff are brilliant and friendly.

Cozy, silent and clean place! The owners are super helpful and engaging, and speak a perfect English! (Not to mention the super cuteness of the young lady that works at the reception! Oh, I left a piece of my heart there~)

Great service but other guest were noisy. Walls are paper thin.

The location is easy to find and not very far from the nearest station. You can even walk from the Kyoto station. The room was spacious enough and cozy. Facilities and kitchen area were clean and nice. I really liked the staff. Very friendly and english speaking. Would recommend a stay here and will surely come back!

A great placeto stay. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. I would stay again and thoroughly recommend the hostel

I really recommend this hostel if you plan to stay some days in Kyoto. The location is good ( not excellent though), but the hostel itself is really nice. The staff is among the most helpful and friendly I have ever met, making your stay quite comfortable. They are really good at giving you advice about which places to visit.

A/C was mouldy; absolutely no atmosphere.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff is great and the other guests were super nice. The four-person room was a little tight because of the amount of suitcases we had, but the hostel is lovely. They have great tips for whatever you want to do around the city and they're always willing to help!

Good location, clean and comfortable. Staff are really nice.

The lady at reception was the nicest, cutest thing ever! There are plenty of nice clean showers. I love the curtains around the beds. Good stay overall.

GREAT PLACE!