Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

staff are very nice. great stay here. and i found wecould take off at the third station of bus no 5 from kyoto station. it will be closer.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Jiyujin was without a doubt the best hostel I stayed in on my 1 month trip! Most of all, the staff are amazingly kind and helpful. I arrived on my own with a broken foot, and they very kindly helped me out in innumerable ways. Each day of my visit, the hostel was cleaned to an exceedingly high standard. The hostel is quite small, so you get to know the other visitors well. It is also conveniently located near Kyoto Station. Despite my injury, I had a great time at Jiyujin. I'll be back.

This is best Hostel in Kyoto if you want a quiet and somewhat low-key hostel experience. It's smaller so you get to know a few individuals rather being one traveler among an anonymous troupe. The facilities and the care and cleanliness of the staff is truly above and beyond. The showers are big and convenient. They even have a individual bath. The one thing they need to replace is the dryer machine but if you have time to use the balcony clothesline - this really isn't an issue.

Very clean hostel with very friendly staff! The hostel is conveniently located one stop by metro from the JR station. I slept in a single private room, the bed was extra wide.

The staff are very helpful. The hostel is very conveniently located and near to the Gojo subway just one stop from Kyoto Main station. It is very clean and well kept.

very friendly and helpful staff. clean and comfortable rooms.

• 28th May 2014
  • Switzerland

This was one of my favourite hostels in Japan. I loved the staff, they were so kind and caring, they always went out of their way to see how you were and offer any help. The location is great, a minute walk to the subway station, or only 10mins from Kyoto JR station. The facilities were clean and the rooms were spacious, with a nice common area that is opened all night. A perfect choice to stay while visiting Kyoto!

Fantastic staff, great atmosphere and we were well looked after. Only minor complaints were that the 4 bed private room with tatami mats had a strange smell, and the wifi was problematic in the room too. Opening the windows up fixed the smell, and the wifi got a bit better after the first night. Other than that, it was amazing and would definitely come back/recommend to others.

This is a very great place to stay. The stuff were really nice and helpful. I asked on how to get to a place, Sayaka-san gave me very detailed instructions with annotated maps. I enjoyed my staying there and enjoy chatting with them.

I've stayed in many hostels while traveling in Europe, but this was my first time in Asia, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. It was clean and the staff was incredible! The common room had a laptop and TV, kitchen and a fridge so it was very well equipped. Bath tub AND showers too! I stayed in the 4-person female dorm, but every bed had it own curtain and I felt much more secure than many other places I've stayed. Everyone there was great!

The staff was wonderful! They really helped us find activities and good restaurants. They really made our stay enjoyable. The rooms are a bit small but they are still quite nice. The facilities were really clean and private. We really enjoyed the fact that there was a bath tub.

This is my first time as a lone traveller and also hostel user. I was very impressed with this hostel. I was expecting noise and lack of hygiene. I got neither at Jiyujin. I was impressed with the room (plenty of space in my bunk area) and plenty of space to store my suitcase. The common room (tea & coffee supplied free of charge) showers and bathroom all immaculate. Staff are extremely helpful and also very interested in why you are there and where you are intending to go.

I liked the big size bunk bed with curtain all around each bed. This gave a spacious enough privacy! Staff are very friendly.

The hostel was great for anyone looking to experience Kyoto and make some friends along the way.

Lovely, little ryokan/backpackers. The kitchen had plenty of facilties. It was close to the subway line and if you wanted a longer walk you could easily get to Kyoto station in 20 minutes. I only spent 2 night here in a single room. The kitchen had plenty of things to use, and was a social place. The receptionist let me borrow an alarm clock to wake up early to catch a flight. They provided a map of the nearby area which was very convenient. Free Wi-fi and computer. Would stay here again.

unfortunately we had no towels. I also missed a bar in the hostel

We sell hand towels (100 yen/each) and we rent bath towels (150 yen/each) in our hostel.

Had an absolutely fantastic time here. It's a really new and clean hostel with very friendly staff, in a convenient location just a few minutes from the metro. It's rather small with about 20 beds total but this led to a quite familial atmosphere in the common room.

1 2 Next » last »