K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

Good little hostel in a nice little spot. Got a bed, locker and lock, boom! Some weird roomies, but hey, that's always hit or miss when living the hostel dream right? I probably won't go back as the atmosphere wasn't mind blowing. It failed to provide me with the social pampering I long for. Maybe it was upstairs where I never bothered to venture. But whatever, good spot.

The kitchen is too small. Only one person at a time can cook, so you waste a lot of time waiting for people to finish their cooking. Fridges and kitchen should be more clean, if you look the top of them, there's so many dust. The party atmosphere is great but after some hour it should end so that everyone can sleep: the walls are thin and you can hear everything.

Extremely friendly staff (treat you almost like family!), short walk down into the centre of Auckland Roof terrace makes a great place to meet people Free wi-fi is excellent, free breakfast of toast/pb/jam and free coffee and tea throughout the day Facilities basic but kept very clean and secure- Would absolutely stay here again!

It was a good hostel. They taking you into the room and show you where the facilities are. The room was good, clean, you have a personal locker which is good. They can keep your luggage, your mail, the wifi is working well. It was a good deal, they are only 10 minutes away from CBD. I recommend this place.

Arrived early in the morning from flight into Auckland, only to find that hostel was closed, we had to sit on the street for an hour until a cafe opened, then another hour until the hostel opened. When we booked the hostel online, we stated that we would be there at 6:00a.m. Not very nice to have to sit on the street for 2 hours after a 14 hour flight with out any warning from staff. The bathrooms had mould and mildew on the walls, also there was a club underneath, so don't forget your earplugs!

staff is very nice.

It'd be wonderful if we can watch the TV in the public area

• 1st May 2015
  • South Korea

I had a very good experience at K Road. It was as expected except the beds were extremely squeaky! If you move even slightly on your bed, it makes a hell of a noise! (And I'm a lightweight guy!) The Vietnamese housekeeping lady is very very sweet! I tend to sleep in a bit too late and she always woke me up with a smile on her face. :)