K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

Kitchen was a mess, hostel is on second floor, very steep stairs, only one bathroom with shower per floor - only the free wifi is really a plus...

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Austria

I'm really glad that I've stayed at K Road City hostel during my 4 day stay in Auckland. It's impeccably clean, has very friendly staff, and in a very good location for reaching the main city spots on foot. Make sure to meet Charles once you get there! He is a great person to talk to if you are having a problem or just for a friendly chat at the upper deck.

I liked the hostel, especially the rooftop patio. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice staff.

Nice place no complaints. Easy to reach from the airport.

I had a very nice stay At K road, very convenient location, close to bus stop. Very helpful and nice Staff. I ll come back again ;)

• 3rd Mar 2014

Good facilities as one would expect and coupled with very helpful staff - what more to ask for?!!! Highly recommended!

I travelled for 5 months and that Hostel was the best where I used to stay. The Staff is really friendly. The facilities are really clean and the Hostel is in a modern style. It was quiet while the night, so everybody could sleep. The value for the price is absolutely ok.. I liked it and would stay a second time at this Hostel. Regards

• 16th Feb 2014

I think that the price is ok compare to what the hostel offer! It's quite clean and tidy, the rooms are not wonderful but not bad. The atmosphere when i was there was good, lots of young people and anyway not too much noisy. I just can suggest to offer couple of things more for the breakfast and provide another fridge for the first floor and some kitchen's stuff. However, my experience there has been good!

Nice location close to CBD, good value for money. Hostel is quiet and relaxed. Continental breakfast provided plus tea/coffee provided. WiFi and computers for free, though a little slowish.

As a single female traveller, I'm not sure I'd choose the k road area to stay in again - it's a fairly dodgy bit of town - the business that shares the building with the hostel is evidence of this! The facilities were ok and the free wifi worked quite well.

Nice place but the internet didn't work at all.

My husband and I stay here whenever we visit Auckland. Actually, there are few good hostels in Auckland. But here is our favorite one. Friendly staff, free unlimited WiFi, a room with window, nice balcony, close to the airbus station. We would be here next time again.

This hostel is highly recommended. The staff was excellent, the location is awesome, right on KRoad. There's always something going on on KRoad and Queenstreet (main shopping street) is not far either. The hostel is clean and they even provide free breakfast and wifi. Atmospehre was 'just' good but that always depends on the people that stay with you at the hostel. Value for money is excellent in my eyes. I would always recommend the hostel and when I come back to AKL I'll book this hostel again

• 3rd Dec 2013

Great location! K' Road is bursting with life, the top of Queen Street is half a block away, and you can walk to the harbor in about 20 minutes. The hostel itself was adequately clean and comfortable, and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Was a good moment, room was clean and full furnished, personnel was very nice. Good Deal!

• 27th Nov 2013

I had a pleasant stay there and would definitely stay there again!

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. Great location, free breakfast, and free Internet, plus the staff is very helpful, Charles in particular is very knowledgeable and always ready to help. The hostel has been recently redecorated, has got a terrace upstairs good for smokers or for a drink outside when is hot, computers are available at all times. I have no hesitation in recommending this hostel, and I met several people who were coming back to this hostel for the second or third time.

Decent hostel, nice that breakfast is included even if its only bread and jam. Not to far from downtown, and really close to some awesome thrift/charity shops.

Good hostel. Free wifi and breakfast. Good view of rooftops from outdoor balcony.

Clean hostel, comfy beds and a nice communal space. There is absolutely no point advertising fre WiFi though as it is awful - even on the computers downstairs that are advertised as an internet cafe!! Staff didn't seem to know much about auckland, which is a real let down, but they were happy to help with problems in the hostel.