K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

Not enough bathrooms! Also fire alarm went off at 3am! Alright value though! Nice staff, but big language barrier!!

Really good location and comfy beds. Lack of forks in the kitchen which was bizarre. And no one on reception a lot of the time. Free wifi which is good and rare in NZ. Really clean showers

Great hostel in a good area just up from town and opposite the city loop bus. Lots of cafes, bars and restaurants around plus Asian supermarket a few doors down. Free wifi was pretty fast, free breakfast too. Small lockers and draws in rooms. I liked it here as is a smaller hostel so slightly more quiet which suited me. However nice balcony for eating and drinking as well. Would stay here again.

we were there for one night and it served our purposes well - just a quick overnight before heading out the next day.

The rooms were clean. Showers, kitchen and toilet not so much. The kitchen is really badly equipped. There is nothing to wipe or clean tables, there is almost no cutlery or plates. Staff was a bit moody.

What incredible couple you are! You stayed in our hostel for 3 nights from 7th Dec and you came back in 4bedsdorm on 14th Dec. We told you we only have 1 double room left on 15th Dec and you said that you need to think about it. You came here on 15th Dec morning to ask the room but we already sold the bed. Now you give us this bad review to complain us! Every kitchen we put 2 towels but you never see! and we put the cups and kitchen staffs in the cupboard! I never seen the guests like you!

Was a lovely hostel, great atmosphere, lots of long termers who were very welcoming and incredibly friendly! Charles on reception was super helpful and gave me info on so much stuff to do in the city! Thank you for an amazing time, I wish you all the best!

• 8th Nov 2015

Only stayed one night but the owner was extremely friendly and helpful, helping me in many small ways and making a very nice atmosphere. He even traded me for my leftover currency at the end (I'm not sure he got a good deal so if he happens to read this -- thank you!). Besides that, the hostel had clean rooms, nice common area, strong wifi, and a good location near a lot of shops/restaurants & the airport bus.