K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

The wi-fi at this hotel is not compatible with a lot of laptops... including mine. If you have Windows XP on your laptop, beware! you'll be using the hostel computers (which have no privacy and are sort of dirty) instead of your own.

This is a really great place to explore Auckland from its just a short walk to Ponsonby and you cross the road to Queens Street. The airport bus also drops you about a minute from the hostel and picks up at the top of the street basically. Only draw back is that there are a few crazies lurking on K Road after dark but as long as your aware its fine :)

In a word, 'meh.' Decent location up on K Road, but place just seems very small and crowded, everything is quite tight, slightly dirty. Can't turn the corner without running into someone. The facilities are pretty poor to be honest. Staff was friendly.

Family run business with staff that could barely speak english and were not very helpful with tours and sightseeing. The 1st floor toilets don't have any windows and the lockers in the room were too small. The free internet and breakfast were poor and the kitchen is ridiculously small.. No 24h reception also.

Hi Pedro, thank you for your comment, but I remember that I have had a hard time communicating with you in English as it is my first language,sights have been recommended, also with tour companies, also I'm pretty sure that we are not the only hostel that does not have 24 hour reception, but things are well arranged. your reservation on your last day was not cancelled, which should have been charged, but we have not done so and allowed a free of charge late cancellation. thanks for your stay.

Kitchen was a mess, hostel is on second floor, very steep stairs, only one bathroom with shower per floor - only the free wifi is really a plus...

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Austria

I'm really glad that I've stayed at K Road City hostel during my 4 day stay in Auckland. It's impeccably clean, has very friendly staff, and in a very good location for reaching the main city spots on foot. Make sure to meet Charles once you get there! He is a great person to talk to if you are having a problem or just for a friendly chat at the upper deck.

I liked the hostel, especially the rooftop patio. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice staff.

Nice place no complaints. Easy to reach from the airport.

I had a very nice stay At K road, very convenient location, close to bus stop. Very helpful and nice Staff. I ll come back again ;)

• 3rd Mar 2014

Good facilities as one would expect and coupled with very helpful staff - what more to ask for?!!! Highly recommended!

I travelled for 5 months and that Hostel was the best where I used to stay. The Staff is really friendly. The facilities are really clean and the Hostel is in a modern style. It was quiet while the night, so everybody could sleep. The value for the price is absolutely ok.. I liked it and would stay a second time at this Hostel. Regards

• 16th Feb 2014

I think that the price is ok compare to what the hostel offer! It's quite clean and tidy, the rooms are not wonderful but not bad. The atmosphere when i was there was good, lots of young people and anyway not too much noisy. I just can suggest to offer couple of things more for the breakfast and provide another fridge for the first floor and some kitchen's stuff. However, my experience there has been good!

Nice location close to CBD, good value for money. Hostel is quiet and relaxed. Continental breakfast provided plus tea/coffee provided. WiFi and computers for free, though a little slowish.

As a single female traveller, I'm not sure I'd choose the k road area to stay in again - it's a fairly dodgy bit of town - the business that shares the building with the hostel is evidence of this! The facilities were ok and the free wifi worked quite well.

Nice place but the internet didn't work at all.

My husband and I stay here whenever we visit Auckland. Actually, there are few good hostels in Auckland. But here is our favorite one. Friendly staff, free unlimited WiFi, a room with window, nice balcony, close to the airbus station. We would be here next time again.

This hostel is highly recommended. The staff was excellent, the location is awesome, right on KRoad. There's always something going on on KRoad and Queenstreet (main shopping street) is not far either. The hostel is clean and they even provide free breakfast and wifi. Atmospehre was 'just' good but that always depends on the people that stay with you at the hostel. Value for money is excellent in my eyes. I would always recommend the hostel and when I come back to AKL I'll book this hostel again

• 3rd Dec 2013

Great location! K' Road is bursting with life, the top of Queen Street is half a block away, and you can walk to the harbor in about 20 minutes. The hostel itself was adequately clean and comfortable, and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Was a good moment, room was clean and full furnished, personnel was very nice. Good Deal!

• 27th Nov 2013

I had a pleasant stay there and would definitely stay there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7