Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

yuki has a very friendly smile

Really enjoyed our second stay at Khaosan!

The staff are really friendly and helpful. I couldn't find the transportation to Takayama from Kyoto. With the help from the staff, (sorry that I could not remember his name), he helped me to get the transportation. Thanks a lot to him! Highly recommended to western country traveller as the staffs are well conversed in English! Thanks Khaosan Kyoto!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff here are very helpful and it's really good value for money

• 8th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

the best! everything is so clean. the staffs are very helpful regarding what event happening now and how to get to tourist place. they can speak english.

great staff and location.

Easy to find, the staff went out of their way to help me, looking up the raku bus and any other locations I needed. They have a surplus of handouts on maps for places tourists like to go, a map of bus stations and buses. They give you change. They sell one day bus passes. They have one private bathroom for females only, the others are uni-sex. They wrote Japanese for me to give to the bus station when I wanted to go to Hiroshima. I got my bearings for their location quickly. I would stay again

• 4th Mar 2015

The Hostel was clean & the beds were comfortable ect it's just didn't have the friendly atmosphere of the Tokyo Khaosan. For example my partner asked the gentleman at the desk how to get to the closest sake brewery.. His response was simply "I don't know any sake brewery sorry" and that was it.. No offer to help find one.. I guess it wasn't the worst place as the Location was great & the comfy bunks were a plus, but next time I may look elsewhere.

Loved the feel of this hostel and the facilities. Looking forward to staying again soon!

The location is fantastic: walking distance to many sites, and the MRT is just airing the corner. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean, and the staff is helpful and speak English really well. The only thing I thought was awkward was the dining room/common room. Maybe it was more the people staying at the hostel than the hostel's fault, but it was hard to get to meet people when they're either busy making food or eating it. I would still stay here in future, though.

good price and location and very helpful and friendly staff!!

Hair dryer only had cold option to choose in 5F. It's not a good experience.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

The heater in one of the women's dorm was broken and took forever for the staff to fix. Also for the price this hostel charges, they should at least offer coffee and tea similar to the other Tokyo hostel within the same chain.

The staffs, Dora

Other than the hoarder living in the bunk below me that left piles of junk in front of the stairs to my bunk and kept me awake at times with rustling of bags, the stau was good. Location is good

This was a great hostel. Apart from the rooms being very small, there really aren't any complaints to make.

Good hostel. Our double bed room was comfy and quiet. Nice large kitchen and common room.

There is nothing I don't like about this hostel. The bed is comfy and the bed curtain provides privacy. The facilities are good except for the wifi, during "hot hours" (7p.m.~12a.m.), the wifi is a bit weak. But other than that, everything is perfect!

I picked this place because it was centrally located in the center of Kyoto near a main subway station. That proved to be a great asset for using public transpo while I was visiting the city. Japanese public transport is clean, efficient, even if a bit expensive. The hostel was big, always lots of people around if you want to swap stories or suggestions. Rooms were clean, and bathrooms kept relatively clean considering the amount they get used. Wifi could have been better, but good enough.

Very good, friendl and we are impressed. TQ for everthing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7