Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

The office hours can be a bit limiting if you need just a place to crush; I came after 9 pm, I could check in but could not pay. Since I tended to leave the hostel before 8 am and come back late (after 9 pm) I was always off office hours. Also, you can't do laundry after 8 pm. And the machine takes 1h to wash. It could be a big clog in a busy schedule. The shower rooms are not on all floors. There are plenty thought, so now queues. Besides, friendly stuff, great lounge, clean, good location etc

We liked this hostel, when you compare the money and location, it is excellent. The hostel was clean, staff very friendly. The common dining and living room looked like typical japanese :-)

Super clean hostel with very friendly staff. The common area is huge and great to meet other travellers. They also have free language showers, origami classes and walking tours, which we didn't take part in, but it's a nice extra. Our room was small, but I guess that's normal in Japan. Apart from this everything was perfect! Thanks for the great stay, Khaosan Kyoto!

• 24th Aug 2014

Great place, great staff, good common area, clean and good wifi. The room was a bit smelly, though.

A very good hostel and good and friendly staff. Have nothing else to say

Great place all-around. Super friendly staff, clean facilities, and right in the heart of downtown Kyoto. The staff is very helpful with directions and have lots of resources to help you get to where you need to go. Only con: weak-to-average strength wifi when not in main lobby. Highly recommended.

During our stay, my husband got sick. The hostel staff was much help. She called the hospitals for us, called the ambulance, and became our translator. The next day, the manager came and asked us how we're doing. Excellent customer service. Probably one of the best locations to be in Kyoto. Nearby a really cheap grocery store too.

• 19th Aug 2014

I was surprised by the central location of the hostel. Kawaramachidoori was a 1-minute walk away and Gion could be reached in ten minutes by foot. The staff were also really helpful as they would recommend sentous where to bath and izakayas where to mingle with the local people. I would definitely go here again!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Finland

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The common area is massive and there are plenty of chairs and sofas to sit on. Kitchen is big and they provide free coffee and tea. The staff are very friendly. Showers aren't located too far away from rooms either. Each bed has its own electrical socket (look under the light), which is handy. The hostel's In a central location next to a major rail line and on many bus routes. Stay here if you're in Kyoto!

very very good hostel for the price

• 16th Aug 2014

It just a little thing is not convenient that every time I use the laundry machine, I have to go to the reception asking for the detergent, it maybe better you put it beside the laundry machine ?

Pretty cool hostel. The lounge area is great and huge. I recommend this place for sure.

Very good location and clean! We had a great time at the beautiful city of Kyoto!

This is a ve good hotel !!!

The location of this hostel is EVERYTHING. Even though it is located in the middle of Kyoto's shopping street, the hostel itself is quite peaceful in the small street. You can find everything you want in nearby areas. However, the room I stayed (Basic Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom) is pretty small and the wall between rooms is kinda thin. Compared with the price we paid, I think it's a bit expensive. But probably all places in Japan are expensive.

Bed and pillow were very comfortable. Staff were super helpful. Highly recommended.

The location was really great and the staff had lots of information about the area and what to do in Kyoto. Also, there were lots of resources and city maps that you could use if you just wanted to explore a bit. The bed was really comfy as well.

Great place, got everything you need. Would definitely recommend.

i really liked the atmosphere, with the bar and the lounge area you can meet a lot of people!

nice stay~