Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Loved the stay! The staff were so fun and helpful, and I'm sad I could only stay for 2 nights!

• 1st Jul 2015

Great hostel, friendly staff, very clean, great lounge area in Japanese style on 4th floor. Dorms are big enough and also very clean!

The staff in such guest house are very nice. I am so stupid, they don't feel me much trouble and gave me the helping hand from time to time.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The walls were really thin, so even though my room was nice and clean I could hear everything either from the other rooms or when people would come in or out during all hours.

Great fun, even though we spent most of the time exploring Kyoto.

Really enjoyed my stay. Facilities were good and worth it considering its a hostel. High quality. 1 disappointing factor was poor wifi in 3rd floor wherw I have stayed. Understand ground floor had good wifi and also PCs. But travellers who stay mostly in their rooms or outdoors, and especially those who dont have japanese sim card rely heavily on wifi to look up maps, plan trips and make contacts. I almost was not able to do above and had to use public wifi when I am out.

• 13th Jun 2015

last year I stayed dorm rooms here feeling well. Nevertheless , I chose double beds room and felt bad. Because the air conditioner was broken and air was smelled bad at the room. Then we changed another room, but the air still smelled not good.

So we only stayed one night but the place was near perfect... Curtains on bunks, a light and power plug within bunks pace, decent locker size, a great communal area with a well stocked kitchen. The staff provide heaps of information and information on Kyoto also covers the walls. One thing I would ask for is a bin in the dorm rooms. I always check out khaosan hostels and so far they have never let me down! Thanks for having us!

Great hostel, clean and the location is very close to Tewaramachi market.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel is in an excellent location. The walking tour was enjoyable and the guides were knowledgeable.

Very Friendly and helpful staff; assisted with directions and recommendations for area site seeing and restaurants. Comfortable accommodations, Khaosan Kyoto Guest House meet or exceeded my all of my expectations.

• 4th Jun 2015

This hostel has a very comfortable lounge and also helpful maps for food and bus stops.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Yes, I didn't know that there is a different price for book for the same room. I booked from guesthouse website and the price is higher than my roommates (I don't know where she booked the room). Kind of making me a little bit annoy.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

A very friendly place, definately will visit it again

Check in could be a bit earlier , wifi in dorm at least in 3rd floor doesn't work that well . The location is great you can walk to almost everywhere or if you want take bus / subway.

Great place with easy access by bus and subway.

Great location cozy

Great location, right in the middle of Kyoto, near restaurants, public transport and with easy access to turistic areas. Not much traditional, which suits most travelers. Staff is super friendly and international.

• 1st Jun 2015

As always super nice staff and people. Free coffee and tea, dishes and well enough equipped kitchen. TV and washing facilities are also available, as well as lockers (although they're not really necessary. Compared to Tokyo the rooms are bigger and the design is nice, too. Khaosan locations are always well connected with public transport and in quiet neighbourhoods close to attractions. I can really only recommend them.

Nice chilled hostel with nice staff and comfy beds. Not a party hostel though - try Theatre which is same chain and has a bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7