Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1987 Total Reviews

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. Even the communal areas were spotless. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were decorated nicely. Central location near to several cafes, restaurants and shops.

Great location, very clean, helpful staff. Highly recomended

I was surprised that the beds in the dorm were better then the ones in the double rooms, they were bigger with more room on both levels which made them confortable. Plan to book dorm with my friends next time round.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

There were people on the check-in desk at all times although it wouldn't be hard for people not staying at the hostel to come in. Top location: also close to Gion and Ponto Cho. Nice staff. Nice people too although as a single traveller the communal area wasn't exactly buzzing but maybe that's just Japan.

very nice. Very Clean. Very professional staff. well located. I recommend this hostel in Kyoto.

I stayed in Khaosan for 2 nights during my time in Kyoto and only have positive things to say! The facilities and location are outstanding, minutes walk from popular areas like Gion and Nishiki and even less from a subway line that links to Kyoto Station. There is nowhere in Kyoto you can't go from this hostel! My only recommendation would be to check the wifi - I seemed to only get it on the first floor - and invest in some softer pillows. Other than that, 10/10 would recommend!

The staff was hands down the friendliest and nicest hostel staff I've ever met! Everyone there was so genuinely cheerful and so eager to help make my stay in Kyoto as fun and comfortable as possible. Thanks so much for a great visit! I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Kyoto. ^_^

good location for sight-seeing and shopping. but room is tooo small.....

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

We have enjoy our stay here. I will recommend this accommodation to anyone whom visit Kyoto. I will stay here again when I visit Kyoto :D

• 8th Apr 2014

handy location. cozy hostel. nothing to complain about. would stay there again. good wifi.

Staffs are very helpful

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

We had a great time, pleasant stay at Khaosan Kyoto Hostel. The room was nice and the shower room/toilet was clean. It will be great to stay again there on our next vacation...Send our best regards for Hiro and friends :)

shower is inconvenient( wating time is so long), but others are so good~~

Really nice hostel ~ great staff and fantastic location. I have stayed at lots of hostels and didn't find this one to be super social, perhaps because of the business of the weekend being around cherry blossom season. It would be neat if there were more games or events organised to make it more social in the evenings.

I do feel at home, when I live in there. I do thank the staffs are so kind to me.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Wifi is too weak besides ground floor

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location was close to the main shopping areas and about 10 mins walk from Gion. The directions on hostelworld are good and it's about a 10 minute walk from the main station. Overall it was fine - no complaints but I didn't feel it was anything special.

Staff could've been a little bit more friendlier and talkative towards guests, especially international ones. The rooms were too dark and not very well lit; however, they were clean.

Rather overrated, in my opinion. The location is fairly easy to find, and the facilities are definitely worth the price, but it is a far cry from Tokyo's Khaosan branches. Wifi signal was quite terrible, and the room I had would smell funny if we didn't leave the windows open, which was a problem as it was still fairly chilly when my group visited. Entrance to the building always had a strong smell of cigarette smoke, and the staff could be friendlier. Not bad, but definitely not amazing either.

Not sure if there was one and I missed it, but a free food shelf in the fridge is always good! I ended up throwing perishable food away when it could have gone to a good home!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7