Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1976 Total Reviews

I stayed in Khaosan for 2 nights during my time in Kyoto and only have positive things to say! The facilities and location are outstanding, minutes walk from popular areas like Gion and Nishiki and even less from a subway line that links to Kyoto Station. There is nowhere in Kyoto you can't go from this hostel! My only recommendation would be to check the wifi - I seemed to only get it on the first floor - and invest in some softer pillows. Other than that, 10/10 would recommend!

The staff was hands down the friendliest and nicest hostel staff I've ever met! Everyone there was so genuinely cheerful and so eager to help make my stay in Kyoto as fun and comfortable as possible. Thanks so much for a great visit! I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Kyoto. ^_^

We have enjoy our stay here. I will recommend this accommodation to anyone whom visit Kyoto. I will stay here again when I visit Kyoto :D

• 8th Apr 2014

handy location. cozy hostel. nothing to complain about. would stay there again. good wifi.

Staffs are very helpful

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

We had a great time, pleasant stay at Khaosan Kyoto Hostel. The room was nice and the shower room/toilet was clean. It will be great to stay again there on our next vacation...Send our best regards for Hiro and friends :)

shower is inconvenient( wating time is so long), but others are so good~~

Really nice hostel ~ great staff and fantastic location. I have stayed at lots of hostels and didn't find this one to be super social, perhaps because of the business of the weekend being around cherry blossom season. It would be neat if there were more games or events organised to make it more social in the evenings.

I do feel at home, when I live in there. I do thank the staffs are so kind to me.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Wifi is too weak besides ground floor

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location was close to the main shopping areas and about 10 mins walk from Gion. The directions on hostelworld are good and it's about a 10 minute walk from the main station. Overall it was fine - no complaints but I didn't feel it was anything special.

Staff could've been a little bit more friendlier and talkative towards guests, especially international ones. The rooms were too dark and not very well lit; however, they were clean.

Not sure if there was one and I missed it, but a free food shelf in the fridge is always good! I ended up throwing perishable food away when it could have gone to a good home!

One of the very best hostel I have stayed during the last 15 years traveling. I will return without any hesitation!!

• 24th Mar 2014

The building is charming, the location central, and the staff is really friendly and always ready to help. If you want to stay in a place with a traditional Japanese feel to it, but don't have a lot of money to spend, I'd definitely recommend Tanaka-ya. We really enjoyed our stay.

An excellent hostel with a fun environment, ample facilities, and good (albeit somewhat distant) location.

Excellent place. Would stay here again and again!!

Well located, clean hostel with helpful staff and a spacious common room

The location is just superb, really close to all the local attractions and bus stops. The bus passes were great and I'm glad you sell them. The information on the kitchen wall is sometimes wrong, for example it says that this bus goes from this stop, but then you get to the bus stop and there is no bus like that, so check that kind of info yourselves. The cleaning of the bathroom takes a long time and sometimes all the bathrooms on all the floors are not available.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

We booked a Basic Twin Private shared bathroom and got a big surprise when we opened the door to the room. It was small. There was a bunk bed in the a room with barely enough space for our two small bags. There was a small window with very limited opening. Luckily we aren't claustrophobic. The kitchen / common room was good as was the bathroom facilities. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2014