Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

It was very welcome and fast in responding all guests. They are well prepared in providing guest with map, buses, tours etc. My noted about Khaosan Kyoto Guest House is about they warm greeting whenever I arrived at the Hostel. IF i am not mistaken it's Okaeri.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent, just as before.

An excellent hostel! I have never being to Kyoto before but after I went there I find myself home (most because of this cozy hostel). It is near the crowded CBD however the environment nearby is very quiet!

這是我第二次住Khaosan Kyoto Guest House了。第一次跟朋友來其實就已經決定,第二次來京都還是要住這裡!!! 因為坐落的地點(公車)與附近的機能(市場、超市),真的無法再讓人挑剔什麼了。而且員工們都很友善,就算我講的是殘破不堪的日文,加英文,他們都很努力聽完XD 廁所與浴室都乾淨到不行、也很香,我超喜歡的。希望之後有機會也能來這裡打工看看:)

• 30th Aug 2014
  • China

thought the room wall is very thin, we can hear noise easily. still thanks for providing good location GH

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

very good hostel, highly recommend to all backpacker.

I really enjoyed staying here. Location is great. It's clean and everyone was so friendly.

First time in Kyoto I stayed at Santiago's. this time I stayed here and I think it's way better.

I have made too many stays to review it each time. In a ward, "Excellent!"

loved it (:

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The office hours can be a bit limiting if you need just a place to crush; I came after 9 pm, I could check in but could not pay. Since I tended to leave the hostel before 8 am and come back late (after 9 pm) I was always off office hours. Also, you can't do laundry after 8 pm. And the machine takes 1h to wash. It could be a big clog in a busy schedule. The shower rooms are not on all floors. There are plenty thought, so now queues. Besides, friendly stuff, great lounge, clean, good location etc

We liked this hostel, when you compare the money and location, it is excellent. The hostel was clean, staff very friendly. The common dining and living room looked like typical japanese :-)

Super clean hostel with very friendly staff. The common area is huge and great to meet other travellers. They also have free language showers, origami classes and walking tours, which we didn't take part in, but it's a nice extra. Our room was small, but I guess that's normal in Japan. Apart from this everything was perfect! Thanks for the great stay, Khaosan Kyoto!

• 24th Aug 2014

the staff was very friendly and sometimes have event for the guest if you stay there at the right time

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Great place, great staff, good common area, clean and good wifi. The room was a bit smelly, though.

A very good hostel and good and friendly staff. Have nothing else to say

Great place all-around. Super friendly staff, clean facilities, and right in the heart of downtown Kyoto. The staff is very helpful with directions and have lots of resources to help you get to where you need to go. Only con: weak-to-average strength wifi when not in main lobby. Highly recommended.

During our stay, my husband got sick. The hostel staff was much help. She called the hospitals for us, called the ambulance, and became our translator. The next day, the manager came and asked us how we're doing. Excellent customer service. Probably one of the best locations to be in Kyoto. Nearby a really cheap grocery store too.

• 19th Aug 2014

I was surprised by the central location of the hostel. Kawaramachidoori was a 1-minute walk away and Gion could be reached in ten minutes by foot. The staff were also really helpful as they would recommend sentous where to bath and izakayas where to mingle with the local people. I would definitely go here again!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Finland

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The common area is massive and there are plenty of chairs and sofas to sit on. Kitchen is big and they provide free coffee and tea. The staff are very friendly. Showers aren't located too far away from rooms either. Each bed has its own electrical socket (look under the light), which is handy. The hostel's In a central location next to a major rail line and on many bus routes. Stay here if you're in Kyoto!