Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Great location, nearby to shopping centre, restaurant, 711 store, easy access to most major tourism objects, bus shelter and train station are within walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff, you can cook your own meals. Free coffee and tea is always good in my morning time and after my long day of going around Kyoto. I would love to stay again in this place in my next visit ! Bravo.

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

A little bit pricey, but a nice and comfortable place to stay. A spacious and comfortable common area and a good location. Friendly staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Facilities are very clean. I enjoyed the guest house very much it's located in a very great spot in Kyoto.

Super hostel.

Overall, I thought the guesthouse was ok. It was a busy time so not a lot of space in the room and it was quite warm. The gift on checkout was a nice touch.

A good hostel for younger backpackers and a great location in central Kyoto. But the cardboard walls do mean that you have to hope your neighbours will not snore, talk (I mean YOU, lady with the penetrating voice next door to us) or possibly even move after whatever time it is you want to go to sleep. We weren't in a dorm - but soundproofing-wise , we might as well have been

Great facilities. Really good value for money.

Smaller rooms, but enough space for sleeping :) Fully equipped kitchen with kind of "meeting room", where you always meet some other travellers so you can share your experience and tips. In comparison to other places we were staying at in Japan, this is kinda "crowded" place with less privacy, but still fine, I would book again.

Beds were comfortable, toilet and shower were clean, staff very helpful and friendly, and location is excellent. But the all girls dorm room was very dusty (5 of 6 occupants had to take anti-histamine meds).

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this hostel. Room is nice, spacious and clean. Staffs are very friendly and willing to help. Location is very near with station and also public places. Ambience is good since the interior shows the Japanese culture.

Have a pleasant to stay at Khaosan kyoto

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The bed was amazing! It was super soft and I slept really well. Also, the lounge on the fourth floor was really nice as well.

it was glad to stay in khaosan kyoto hostel. i`ve had expierence to stay in khaosan guest house of Tokyo so that`s why i could choose the khaosan kyoto guest house while i was staying in kyoto. and i thought the choice was perfect. friendly and helpful staff, clean room, perfect shower rooms with a lot of stuff for women. if i go to kyoto again, i would like to stay in there again for sure and want to recommend to other travelers. arigato!

Great staffs, location and facilities. Highly recommended!

The hostel is in the best location and it has a good vibe to it (good lounge, showers and reception, no curfew). The 3 main issues I had are: 1. Most rooms smell like mold, it's probably because of the "carpets" on the walls and floor - fix it. 2. The rooms are very small (I guess this is normal in Japan, but it's by far the smallest I stayed in) 3. The washing and drying machines are located next to rooms - hence they are available day time only - exactly the hours you are out - move it.

A lot of fleas biting me all night long... terrible!

Very good hostel. Good soundproofing and attention to detail like quietly closing doors makes for a great sleep. Beds are sturdy and I loved the wedge pillow. Clean, friendly, lots of information about the area, large comfy lounge. They even put on activities - was sorry I didn't have my running shoes for the run while I was there.

loved it and will be back

• 22nd Sep 2015

Internet connection weak. 2 beds room area small n not space to hang clothings.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

This is my second time staying with Khaosan Kyoto. I still like it very much because of it's cleanliness and good location!