Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Excellent location..

So impressed with Khaosan. We stayed here for 5 nights and were so comfortable. The common area was huge, our bed was comfy and the bathrooms were always clean. The staff were incredibly helpful always providing great directions and maps for us. The location is great, right in the heart of down town Kyoto, we were able to see so much so easily. Kyoto was by far my favourite city and I definitely would stay again at Khaosan.

excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere is great, too. If i go to Kyoto next time, I'll choose to stay there, too.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

It's been very nice and staff was really helpful, which means you got free maps and info about the area and Kyoto for free. The only downside was the internet. Although I just used it for checking my emails, it was very very slow and sometimes even crashed. It happened with my tablet using WiFi as well as on the main computer in the dining area. That was a pity. But apart from that it's a great place to stay.

• 20th Jan 2015

Fantastic hostel in a great location, I will definitely recommend it to my friends. Really laid back atmosphere and friendly staff that will help you on your way.

Excellent price..excellent location..excellent staff and all this in a fantastic beautifull town!

• 15th Jan 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. Good for backpackers and friends but not for couples. But worth the money. Location was good.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Has a nice cozy manga corner where you can meet other guests. I stayed in the femal dorms which was nice but doesn't have bed curtains so if you're easily awoken by light and other guests moving around perhaps opt for a different room. But my roommates were all very considerate (as most guested are) so it wasn't that much of a problem. Overall good experience!

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The location is amazing, very close to the heart of a shopping district where there are all kinds of places to shop and dine. The train station is a bit of a treck but not terrible, takes a solid 20 minutes walk. As for the guesthouse itself, its cosy convinient and everything you would need. Personally I felt a bit out of place with other guests but that is my own doing as I tend to be a bit more introverted. All in all, great place to say and lovely location.

• 10th Jan 2015

A hostel that feels like a hotel. This place can be a bit tough to get to as the subway and bus don't get you too close. The staff speaks English well, are able to work with your requests on rooms and top/bottom bunk, and they have plenty of of events to keep you busy with the city.

i love the staffs,all of them are so lovely,love you guys. but manager should learn how to manage his Emotional Intelligence,and know how to talk to people,although when people made some mistakes,i am guest for almost 3 months,i made a mistake(which i really didn't want to,was because i didn't have anywhere to go),he talked to me like threatening,i felt scared,and i actually was crying after that,it's his right and duty to ask me pay the fine,but please don't talk to people that way , I am sad.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

I was really ill when I arrived in Kyoto, and on the second / third night, I've asked one of the staff if it was possible to get medicine from the convenience store nearby. They didn't have anything that I needed, so he checked if there was a drug store that was still open at that time. I thought that was really nice of him and I did get the medicine that helped me get better! Thanks very much!

super easy to get to and close to the shopping arcade. overall the hostel was spacious with an elevator, however the mixed dorm rooms were a bit too narrow whilst moving suitcases in and out. the ports in the rooms weren't that great as they were upside down and couldn't support the adapters with plugs

The location was absolutely perfect to visit Kyoto!!! The only issue was a bad smell in the room, maybe from the carpet. But it was perfect in all the other aspects.

It was a pitty, but I have to cancelation part of my reservation. This is a point you have to be atention, because they charges the cancelation. Despite that, I was a really good hostel, the girls private rooms are really nice with a ladies bathroom.

Super good location and really good facilities

• 6th Jan 2015

lovely place to be! lived for a week in 10 bed dormitory and everything was just great. roommates changed in fast pace, but were nice and considerate at all times. total recommendation!

We were a group of 3 females and got the triple on the second floor. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and they provided us with a great restaurant recommendation. The bathrooms were reasonably clean and nice, and the common area on the fourth floor seemed to be popular. I slept well, although my sister woke up in the night because our room was next to the stairwell. However, the room was dark and smelly, and there was also at times a bad smell throughout the hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Everything is great, except for the dusty sleeping area which is not so good for a person with a respiratory system problem.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Thailand

Fantastic stay, staff were extremely friendly and helpful esp with directions. Stayed in dorm, very clean with lockers and curtain for privacy. Most comfy bed and pillow in all my backpacking. Level 4 common room area excellent, computers and full kitchen were very useful facilities. Although one guest made his home in front of the tv all day and night the entire stay. Busy with lots of guests, great for socialising. Can't beat location, main shopping street, restaurants

• 2nd Jan 2015