Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

last year I stayed dorm rooms here feeling well. Nevertheless , I chose double beds room and felt bad. Because the air conditioner was broken and air was smelled bad at the room. Then we changed another room, but the air still smelled not good.

So we only stayed one night but the place was near perfect... Curtains on bunks, a light and power plug within bunks pace, decent locker size, a great communal area with a well stocked kitchen. The staff provide heaps of information and information on Kyoto also covers the walls. One thing I would ask for is a bin in the dorm rooms. I always check out khaosan hostels and so far they have never let me down! Thanks for having us!

Great hostel, clean and the location is very close to Tewaramachi market.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel is in an excellent location. The walking tour was enjoyable and the guides were knowledgeable.

Very Friendly and helpful staff; assisted with directions and recommendations for area site seeing and restaurants. Comfortable accommodations, Khaosan Kyoto Guest House meet or exceeded my all of my expectations.

• 4th Jun 2015

This hostel has a very comfortable lounge and also helpful maps for food and bus stops.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Yes, I didn't know that there is a different price for book for the same room. I booked from guesthouse website and the price is higher than my roommates (I don't know where she booked the room). Kind of making me a little bit annoy.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

A very friendly place, definately will visit it again

Check in could be a bit earlier , wifi in dorm at least in 3rd floor doesn't work that well . The location is great you can walk to almost everywhere or if you want take bus / subway.

Great place with easy access by bus and subway.

Great location cozy

Great location, right in the middle of Kyoto, near restaurants, public transport and with easy access to turistic areas. Not much traditional, which suits most travelers. Staff is super friendly and international.

• 1st Jun 2015

As always super nice staff and people. Free coffee and tea, dishes and well enough equipped kitchen. TV and washing facilities are also available, as well as lockers (although they're not really necessary. Compared to Tokyo the rooms are bigger and the design is nice, too. Khaosan locations are always well connected with public transport and in quiet neighbourhoods close to attractions. I can really only recommend them.

Nice chilled hostel with nice staff and comfy beds. Not a party hostel though - try Theatre which is same chain and has a bar.

it's a very nice to place to stay in and it's very centralised! good place to station at during your trip.

Great stay, good location, HUGE bed, considering the size of everything else in Japan. Overall good experience.

Can't get a better location than this in Kyoto. It's walking distance to all the main street and the subways. The staff was amazing, the lounge area is clean and cozy, youll definately meet many interesting and lovely people there. Out of all the places I visited in Japan, Kyoto was the best by far and the Khaosan Guest House is just perfect in all ways. Cheap, comfortable and extremely nice in all ways.

Great location, in the heart of Kyoto within walking distance to bars, shops, restaurants and all main sights. Rooms nice and spacious, large kitchen and common room area. Convenience stores close by. Handy guides and suggested itineraries for sightseeing. Organised trips and hostel activities. Wifi wasn't great, could only really access it downstairs in reception. Overall, good place to stay.

Amazing hostel in a great location. I stayed here a few years ago and didn't hesitate to come back. There is also a great common room that makes it really easy to meet people.

We stayed in a private room. It was very small but served out purpose well! Wifi from the room was very unstable, though.