Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Great stay, good location, HUGE bed, considering the size of everything else in Japan. Overall good experience.

Can't get a better location than this in Kyoto. It's walking distance to all the main street and the subways. The staff was amazing, the lounge area is clean and cozy, youll definately meet many interesting and lovely people there. Out of all the places I visited in Japan, Kyoto was the best by far and the Khaosan Guest House is just perfect in all ways. Cheap, comfortable and extremely nice in all ways.

Great location, in the heart of Kyoto within walking distance to bars, shops, restaurants and all main sights. Rooms nice and spacious, large kitchen and common room area. Convenience stores close by. Handy guides and suggested itineraries for sightseeing. Organised trips and hostel activities. Wifi wasn't great, could only really access it downstairs in reception. Overall, good place to stay.

Amazing hostel in a great location. I stayed here a few years ago and didn't hesitate to come back. There is also a great common room that makes it really easy to meet people.

We stayed in a private room. It was very small but served out purpose well! Wifi from the room was very unstable, though.

Great hostel! Very friendly, good English ability, and nice facilities. It's very conveniently located for the Higashiyama Gion district and Kiyomizu Temple especially. ホステルは本当によかったです。綺麗な設備ですし、スタッフは親切でした。祇園東山と清水寺と近いですから、旅行のために便利な場所だと思っています。

Definitely recommend! I've already recommended to all my friends who travel frequently.

The hotel is located strategically at shijo kawaramachi..it's also near nishiki market that sell many awesome foods..the staff is also helpful and recommend us things that we should see around.. the room itself is neat,aircon is good,futon is so comfy and we love how the staff make the limited space is well functioned. With all of this i recommend this hotel..room is nice,shower room and toilet is clean,the staff is helpful and located in the centre of Kyoto city. We will stayed here again

I have a very enjoyable stay all the way. This is great accomodation and great hospitality with a great place which located at the center of kyoto shopping district. With a walking distance, you can reach all the shopping area such as teramachi, nishiki market, and even gion, everything are reachable by walking. The only less from the hostel is the kitchen area which not properly preserved as the towel used to dry the washed utensils are always damp and being left over the kitchen table.

• 16th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent location - two convenience stores (one a 7-Eleven with international ATM) just down the street; half a block from Teramachi shopping arcade, and not too far a walk from Gion, either. Very helpful staff. Small, spartan room that's seen better days, but everything is kept clean so no complaints here!

Superb place! The best hostel i had stay ever.

• 13th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice ambience.. Great staffs.. It just feel like home, warm and comfortable.. Our first trip to Kyoto and the staffs very helpful provide the info about directions and other things.. Will definitely back to this hostel when we visit Kyoto in the future.. Keep up the good work Khaosan Kyoto! :)

Khaosan Kyoto is a very good hostel, we stayed 2 night in here and having a pleasant stay. Met Bryan, he is a nice person and very welcome. Enjoying my stay overall.

Best dorm experience I have had yet. Comfy bed, the personal cubby area for beds, plus the lamp and outlet were fantastic.

Loved it, great location and easy access to public transport.

• 4th May 2015

There are curtains that come with the beds which I appreciated. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Seriously the best customer service I've received on my Asia trip. I really enjoyed my time and the food around the area since the hostel is so close to the Nishiki Market. There's free green tea at the hostel too and it's close to a bakery, grocery store, 7-11, ATM etc. Lockers are a good size to store a small backpack. Shampoo/soap is provided.

Staff is incredibly helpful. Free key to the locker in your room. Female dorms available, RIGHT next to Gion and near several stations and bus stops. NO BIKE PARKING.

clean amazing fun hostel. Has everything you need and the staff are amazing and can't do enough for you. Such a brilliant hostel. Don't stay anywhere else. Met so many cool people and was out with them every night. My favourite hostel in Asia!

The beds are a little uncomfortable, but I love the curtains around every bed in the dorms!

We are so happy to stay in khaoshan. It is so good that my family likes it very much.

• 28th Apr 2015