Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

The location is great. Easy to get around almost everywhere. Staffs are really nice and helpful.

Great place. Great atmosphere. Great location.

This was a great hostel. Only issue was the drying machine which did not completely dry clothes after a full cycle. However, the friendly staff, very clean rooms and bathroom facilities made our stay very comfortable.

Facilities are very good! Rooms are dark, no light if you close courtains! That's amazing if you like to rest in that way, beds are very comfortables ! Good place, good price, excellent location.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice hostel, well located and well equipped. Staff tries their best to keep everyone in a good mood. Loads of information about sightseeing, maps of the area, very helpful. I don't like big hostels and I think it's hard to create a nice atmosphere and provide enough safety, but they're doing everything they can to make your stay perfect.

Best choice!

It"s a nice place to stay, just the internet didn't work well

Great place!

I really like how this hotel operated since we can interact with other backpackers from around the world. The cleanliness. I am quite surprised looking at the room at first because even though its small, everything seems nice and fits all together!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This place was awesome!

• 18th Jun 2014

Love the location! It has so many places to explore within walking distance. Common area/kitchen on the top floor can be a huge mingling soup pot at night when the patrons are hanging out there at night. Love the spacious rooftop for hanging clothes too.

We can hear the neighbours coughing or loud noise from the wall.

I was very impressed with my stay. I felt my belongings were save in their safe while I was out. The staff did all they could to help me navigate around Kyoto. The beds were comfortable, and the privacy shades on the bed helped a lot. All accommodations were wonderful. Thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014

Great place to meet people and make friends! Great Atmosphere and facilities and great staff.

Very clean place, stayed there last year, loved it, decided to stay there again this year, I actually arrived late, past check in time, and they let me sleep in my room, and pay the next morning, which was so very nice of them, has 5 floors, one floor is a big lounge room, with a t.v and a kitchen equipped with fridges, stove, cook top and all utensils, staff are nice, keep the place clean, very happy and loyal customer ありがとう!Will definitely stay there again

• 16th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was in a really cool area and the hostel staff were great!

Great Hostel, excellent location, nice stuff and good price.

This was my favourite hostel of our stay in Japan! My only gripe was that is was quite far away from Kyoto station - however we were right next to a big bus terminal that took us straight there! It's right in the centre of Kyoto, near the Nishiki Market and just down the road from the Imperial Palace and buses that take you all over Kyoto. Overall, the hostel itself was amazing, with excellent facilities and an amazing common room! The staff were always incredibly friendly and helpful.

• 13th Jun 2014

clean hostel with large room to meet others and friendly staff.

Originally I only booked 2 nights but ended up with 3. Overall, the staff are welcoming & helpful in providing info on transportation & eating places. The self service laundry is very convenient & cheap with free detergent. The common area is cozy & spacious. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm where the bed sheet set is very clean & comfortable. I had 3 good nights of sleep. The wi-fi is strong. However, we need a larger fridge to store the increasing food by the guests. I'll definitely come back again.