Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1976 Total Reviews

Great, thank you

Thank you so much, i wish all the hostels could be the same as yours...

The staffs were really nice and the room was spacious.

this is my third time stay here, they still kept very high standard,

Very good location, decent layout and communal areas, but there are a lot of people staying - it can be hard to strike up a conversation.

Stayed at Khaosan hostel in Kyoto for four nights and I am really satisfied with it: the location is on an alley in the downtown centre – close to transportation (undergrounds, buses, short bus ride to major attractions and train station) , although the hostel located in the centre of big shopping districts but it is still very quite; the staffs there are very friendly and helpful, they never looked impatient by my questions and always just the most efficient and cost saving way to explore the c

We really enjoyed our stay at Khaosan Kyoto and we'd happily recommend it to other travellers.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Japan

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and will surely recommend to my friends.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Some clothes hooks in the dorm rooms would be nice! Also the WiFi signal was not strong enough on the fifth floor. Minor complaints about an otherwise great hostel :)

Very close to bus stop and Hankyu Line, so it is easy to travel around Kyoto or even to Kobe, Osaka and Nara.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Thailand

Definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in my entire traveling life. Good location (close to a train station which has access to the Kansai airport), very clean bathroom and toilet (heated seats with buttons!), and a place to secure your valuables are really worth more than the price I paid for my stay. Best memories are at the 4F lounge, where I got to interact with the other travelers. I wish I could've stayed longer!

I was on the 4th floor, this floor is very very noisy until 2am. People and staff do not respect people who sleep.

• 16th Feb 2014

Such a large hostel! 5 floors. It had a great space for eating and hanging out, so easy to meet people. Rooms were clean and well looked after, staff spoke English well and were very helpful at helping me out. Location was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed our stay at Khaosan Kyoto Guest House. Staff were friendly and very helpful, the place was modern and full of all the necessary facilities/ items. We stayed in a twin share and the rooms are small (hard to find room for a hiking pack, snowboard bag and our 2 backpacks). For the most it was kept clean and tidy with the except on around the toilet where it looks like some people couldn't aim (the perks of having shared bathrooms!). Otherwise would happily stay again.

• 11th Feb 2014

I stayed here after scrambling to find a hostel at the last minute due to some flight craziness. The Khaosan hostels are great, and the Kyoto Guest house was a friendly, safe, perfectly located hostel within walking distance of some of the coolest sights in Kyoto. I'd definitely stay here again!

I really like its atmosphere. And it is walking distance to lots of shopping streets and Gion. Highly recommend to people who want to stay in Kyoto.

Kyoto Khaosan is a nice place and I really enjoy it. The only thing that I think they can improve is that I've send 3 emails and only got one reply in the begging, that makes me a little nervous before I lived in . Except the email, every thing in Kyoto Khaosan is really good!

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel! I appreciate the semi-privacy of their bunk set up (you got curtains in all of them). Also you have your own light, and your plug--all very convenient. The common area is big and nice and their internet access is pretty decent throughout the hotel. Got an elevator, lockers, big luggage room. They are pretty well equipped. The price are a bit steep, but I think its worth paying an extra few dollars a night to stay here.

Great location, near the downtown

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

I would much rather this service than any other hotels. Everything was immaculate.