Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Clean and convenient

Absolutely loved this hostel, staff was friendly, centralised location that was easy to get to and from locations. Bags were secure. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great cheap place to stay near Gion.

Exellent location close to major bus terminal, 24h conbini 5m from exit of hotel, clean and comfortable rooms with security lockers, all facilities that really matters, friendly and english speaking staff

I felt very much at home here :) if I ever stay in Kyoto again, I'll definitely check this place again.

It is located right next to the shopping district and within 3 mins walk to a nearby bus stop, you can get bus to many tourist attractions & temples which is famous in Kyoto. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a lounge with PC access and kitchen area for gathering with other backpackers. I definitely will choose to stay at the hostel again for the locations and transportation around. However wi-fi in my room is bad which I unable to connect at all. Hope they will rectify it.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • summersqanner
  • Malaysia

An excelent adress in the heart of Kyoto. I recomand it, especialy for people who want to discover the "traditional" Kyoto.

Really convenient location close to several train stations, a bus direct to kyoto station and walking distance from famous Ginza geisha district. Double private rooms are very affordable and have good heating/air con. Plenty of clean showers and toilets.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It was very welcome and fast in responding all guests. They are well prepared in providing guest with map, buses, tours etc. My noted about Khaosan Kyoto Guest House is about they warm greeting whenever I arrived at the Hostel. IF i am not mistaken it's Okaeri.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent, just as before.

An excellent hostel! I have never being to Kyoto before but after I went there I find myself home (most because of this cozy hostel). It is near the crowded CBD however the environment nearby is very quiet!

這是我第二次住Khaosan Kyoto Guest House了。第一次跟朋友來其實就已經決定,第二次來京都還是要住這裡!!! 因為坐落的地點(公車)與附近的機能(市場、超市),真的無法再讓人挑剔什麼了。而且員工們都很友善,就算我講的是殘破不堪的日文,加英文,他們都很努力聽完XD 廁所與浴室都乾淨到不行、也很香,我超喜歡的。希望之後有機會也能來這裡打工看看:)

• 30th Aug 2014
  • China

thought the room wall is very thin, we can hear noise easily. still thanks for providing good location GH

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

very good hostel, highly recommend to all backpacker.

I really enjoyed staying here. Location is great. It's clean and everyone was so friendly.

First time in Kyoto I stayed at Santiago's. this time I stayed here and I think it's way better.

I have made too many stays to review it each time. In a ward, "Excellent!"

loved it (:

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The office hours can be a bit limiting if you need just a place to crush; I came after 9 pm, I could check in but could not pay. Since I tended to leave the hostel before 8 am and come back late (after 9 pm) I was always off office hours. Also, you can't do laundry after 8 pm. And the machine takes 1h to wash. It could be a big clog in a busy schedule. The shower rooms are not on all floors. There are plenty thought, so now queues. Besides, friendly stuff, great lounge, clean, good location etc

We liked this hostel, when you compare the money and location, it is excellent. The hostel was clean, staff very friendly. The common dining and living room looked like typical japanese :-)

Super clean hostel with very friendly staff. The common area is huge and great to meet other travellers. They also have free language showers, origami classes and walking tours, which we didn't take part in, but it's a nice extra. Our room was small, but I guess that's normal in Japan. Apart from this everything was perfect! Thanks for the great stay, Khaosan Kyoto!

• 24th Aug 2014