Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Great facility - very convenient, clean accommodations, and friendly staff. This is a good sized hostel, with many visitors. I was able to meet up with similarly interested travelers and have a great experience hanging out.

The best!

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. Even the communal areas were spotless. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were decorated nicely. Central location near to several cafes, restaurants and shops.

good place

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

The place was clean, though there's only one shower on the 3rd floor. Staffs were real friendly. The dorm bed has curtain for privacy. But the wifi signal was bad on the 3rd floor, you would need to go down to use the wifi.

Was a little worried about leaving our bags in the cupboard as we didn't need to attach labels, but there was always someone on the desk (as far as we know) and they were there on our return. The room was great and shower facilities lovely. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great location, very clean, helpful staff. Highly recomended

Best place I stayed in during my 5 month visit to Japan.

• 13th Apr 2014

Stayed in a private bunk bed room and was very pleased with the cleanliness of the place. Shared bathrooms were very clean, as were the showers. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is conveniently located near a major shopping district. The hostel has plenty of maps and suggestions for sightseeing.

I was surprised that the beds in the dorm were better then the ones in the double rooms, they were bigger with more room on both levels which made them confortable. Plan to book dorm with my friends next time round.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

There were people on the check-in desk at all times although it wouldn't be hard for people not staying at the hostel to come in. Top location: also close to Gion and Ponto Cho. Nice staff. Nice people too although as a single traveller the communal area wasn't exactly buzzing but maybe that's just Japan.

Will go to japan again and would love to stay in Khaosan Kyoto Guest House again and again :)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place, great atmosphere, friendly people. The internet wasn't the best at some points during the day, but we didn't go to Japan to check facebook?

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Norway

very nice. Very Clean. Very professional staff. well located. I recommend this hostel in Kyoto.

I stayed in Khaosan for 2 nights during my time in Kyoto and only have positive things to say! The facilities and location are outstanding, minutes walk from popular areas like Gion and Nishiki and even less from a subway line that links to Kyoto Station. There is nowhere in Kyoto you can't go from this hostel! My only recommendation would be to check the wifi - I seemed to only get it on the first floor - and invest in some softer pillows. Other than that, 10/10 would recommend!

The staff was hands down the friendliest and nicest hostel staff I've ever met! Everyone there was so genuinely cheerful and so eager to help make my stay in Kyoto as fun and comfortable as possible. Thanks so much for a great visit! I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Kyoto. ^_^

I like to stay in Khaosan Kyoto. The location is near to the bus stop and also to the laundry :-) Hope will come back again there :-)

good location for sight-seeing and shopping. but room is tooo small.....

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

Nice and clean hostel. Good location near the Geisha district and everything. Atmosphere in the common room could be better though. Not much talking or socializing there. There were a lot of families/older people there hanging around during my visit. I stayed in Kyoto too long (6 days) 4 days is more then enough. Best way to go around Kyoto is by bike. I REALLY recommend getting one!

We have enjoy our stay here. I will recommend this accommodation to anyone whom visit Kyoto. I will stay here again when I visit Kyoto :D

• 8th Apr 2014