Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1971 Total Reviews

Great location in the heart of kyoto, walking distance to a grocery store and great shops and restaurants near by. Staff are friendly and helpful. Great lounge area and good kitchen. Showers are great but having a shelf or bench for getting change would be nice. Decent amount of space for bags in the dorms.

Best hostel ive ever been, for real

The guesthouse was better than we expected. It was really convenient with many freedom inside if we accept to respect the rules which are not at all binding. It was clean, safe and the staff was helpful and available till late on the day. Moreover, the guesthouse is well located and easy to find.

Great hostel, friendly staff, ample bathroom facilities though it is mixed which may be problematic for some. Very central location in Kyoto, so easy to go out to different parts of Kyoto.

Professional, clean, friendly, helpful staffs, with all possible facilities you might need. Definitely one the the best hostels I've ever stayed. Will be my first choice if I come to Kyoto again.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • China

Love your place. Will stay at your place again when I'm back to Kyoto ^_^

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Thailand

nice hostel even it's small,helpful staff n comfortable common room but it only have toilet in first floor !

Great hostel. Lacks atmosphere, but is clean and is in a great spot.

I liked this hostel. It was clean and in a good location. Bathroom is outside like most hostels, so I can not complain. I liked the postings in the lobby (i.e. map, recommended attractions and restaurants and how to get there, free detailed map to take with you, etc). The front desk staff speak English well and are nice.

Awesome hostel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Kitchen is great with plenty of cooking space. Larger dorms have lockers in room. Location is good although a ten-fifteen min walk to some subway stations

This was a great hostel. We were in a 'dorm' with only 2 beds in it which provided great security. There was a big kitchen and common area which was great. Also went on a fantastic walking tour which was our highlight. Toilet and shower facilities were also very good and clean. There is no bar at the hostel, however it isn't too far from the street with all the nightlife. Also easy to get to from the metro station.

Very nice atmoshpere,good location, very clean toilets and bathrooms...a little bit smelly in the room, but besides that perfect

• 27th Dec 2013

I love this hostel ^^ If I come back I will stay here again.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Vietnam

Super clean, lovely staff, well priced, easy location. Overall great place, highly recommend!

Well located hostel with spotless facilities and a very comfy kitchen/ living room area. Friendly and helpful staff.

the beds are quite short for someone over 180cm.

I have travelled to 60 countries and of all the city hostels I have stayed in, this is in my top 3 favourites. It is so well run and although it's a hostel, I have had poorer service in some hotels when on business. I flew from Europe and was very tired and to have such good facilities and things like curtains on the beds and sockets for every bed, it was excellent quality for the price.

Loved the location, price, and vibe! My favorite part of the trip was my stay in Kyoto.

Fantastic hostal. Great living area for socialising, very friendly staff. It made getting around Japan so easy with the calibur of hostals they have there like Khaosan Kyoto

The staff is friendly and very helpful. Their English proficiency is good so you will never have communication problems. The location is very central and it does not take long to travel to all the sightseeing highlights in Kyoto. The facilities are absolutely amazing and I have no complaints - the same applies to the cleanliness of the hostel (best one I've ever seen!). The lounge in the hostel is an amazing place to get back to after a long day out and also allows you to meet many other people.

• 16th Dec 2013