Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

handy location. cozy hostel. nothing to complain about. would stay there again. good wifi.

Staffs are very helpful

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Lovely ghesthouse. Staff was really nice and helpful and the location couldn't be better! You are right in the heart of the city, with Gion just across the bridge. The street is really quiet at night. The rooms are a bit small but this is something we already expected. I would totally recommend it!

We had a great time, pleasant stay at Khaosan Kyoto Hostel. The room was nice and the shower room/toilet was clean. It will be great to stay again there on our next vacation...Send our best regards for Hiro and friends :)

shower is inconvenient( wating time is so long), but others are so good~~

Really nice hostel ~ great staff and fantastic location. I have stayed at lots of hostels and didn't find this one to be super social, perhaps because of the business of the weekend being around cherry blossom season. It would be neat if there were more games or events organised to make it more social in the evenings.

I do feel at home, when I live in there. I do thank the staffs are so kind to me.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Wifi is too weak besides ground floor

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location was close to the main shopping areas and about 10 mins walk from Gion. The directions on hostelworld are good and it's about a 10 minute walk from the main station. Overall it was fine - no complaints but I didn't feel it was anything special.

A friendly and welcoming hostel, with a good kitchen and lounge space to relax in. Walking distance to transport and many sites. The staff are great and the female dorms are very seperate. I definitely recommend it.

This was my second stay at this hostel. Once again, it had helpful and friendly staff, was very clean, and the rooms were nice and quiet even when the place was completely booked out. The location is fantastic. The common room is very cozy, and there is always someone up there to meet and talk to. Great atmosphere. I will definitely stay here again.

Staff could've been a little bit more friendlier and talkative towards guests, especially international ones. The rooms were too dark and not very well lit; however, they were clean.

Rather overrated, in my opinion. The location is fairly easy to find, and the facilities are definitely worth the price, but it is a far cry from Tokyo's Khaosan branches. Wifi signal was quite terrible, and the room I had would smell funny if we didn't leave the windows open, which was a problem as it was still fairly chilly when my group visited. Entrance to the building always had a strong smell of cigarette smoke, and the staff could be friendlier. Not bad, but definitely not amazing either.

Not sure if there was one and I missed it, but a free food shelf in the fridge is always good! I ended up throwing perishable food away when it could have gone to a good home!

One of the very best hostel I have stayed during the last 15 years traveling. I will return without any hesitation!!

• 24th Mar 2014

The building is charming, the location central, and the staff is really friendly and always ready to help. If you want to stay in a place with a traditional Japanese feel to it, but don't have a lot of money to spend, I'd definitely recommend Tanaka-ya. We really enjoyed our stay.

An excellent hostel with a fun environment, ample facilities, and good (albeit somewhat distant) location.

Excellent place. Would stay here again and again!!

Well located, clean hostel with helpful staff and a spacious common room

I was staying in a 10 person mixed dormitory. Overall it is value for money despite a bit noisy due to the late night return of others.

• 23rd Mar 2014