Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Buzzing hostel with comfy beds and plenty of privacy (curtains). Clean facilities and great staff with excellent recommendations. Very accommodating when I had a 5am check out. Excellent location for exploring Kyoto. Lounge was a little crowded occasionally but everything else was fantastic. Definitely would stay again.

Very nice place! A great location with plenty of supermarkets and convinience stores nearby. Also just some minutes walk to an very interesting shopping street, and in walking distance to temples and old town...Great kitchen too! Highly recommend!

The hostel staff's suggestions for restaurants were EXCELLENT

Excellent place to stay at. I met some fellow travelers that enjoyed the same passion to explore like me. The locals and the staff were great. Being close to the station is great when you want to quickly be on the go.

That's my 2nd time staying in this hostel. Another excellent experience.

Good Dorms, feels private with curtains. Nice common area and good kitchen facilities. Staff helps you a lot. Perfect Hostel, totally worth the money!

Bathrooms were dirty, lots of other people's hair. Lockers not opening smoothly. The only good thing about the place is its staff. Everyone was great.

Great hostel! Nice staff, great atmosphere and the location was ok. I would recommend it to anyone going to Kyoto!

Found the hostel to be in a great location, so if you are after accommodation that is close to pretty much everything (shopping, food, night life) then this is a good hostel. As a solo traveller I expected to meet people but it was not a very social place. I was forced to head out by myself and meet local Japanese people in bars. It was fun.

good location, kind staff, nice facilities, but little small room.

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea

Very good location! Close to shopping, food, bus stop, and subway. Easy to find, loved the facilities and kitchen/lounge area. Get to the washer and dryer early! There always seemed to be a line- or go to the laundry mat.

Good location, nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and a great place to meet people!

• 13th May 2014

110% GREAT STAFF CLEAN TIDY FREIENDLY GREAT BATHROOMS AMAZING TOILETS COMPHY BEDS GOOD LOCKERS GREAT STORAGE FOR BAGS LOTS OF LOCAL INFO LOTS OF MAPS ETC THIS HOSTEL IS GETTING IT RIGHT! :o) THANKS

I have stayed here before. It is an excellent location in the center of Kyoto. I find it to be a wonderful friendly place. However, it was difficult to talk with other people at breakfast and even eat breakfast at the table with a number of people using lap tops and having ear phones in. some of these people also seem to be guests who are also working as staff. Very disappointing. is this the modern world?

This will be my first review on hostel world and will be because of how much this place exceeded my expectations. After traveling Southeast Asia for four months and staying at a multitude of hostels this place will definitely stand out the most. The price is fair, but amenities and the dorm sleeping arrangements are out of this world. I definitely recommend this place to anyone willing to pay one or two more dollars!

• 9th May 2014

The Khaosan Guest House was great! The staff was very helpful and nice. Close to shopping, transit, fish market, and downtown nightlife. Rented bikes a block away and had a blast exploring Kyoto all day. A must stay Guest House if you are going to Kyoto. I would recommend 100% to someone looking for a place to stay in Kyoto.

The staffs were great and always helped with anything I asked. Everything was very clean (room and toilet), but the living room had a wierd smell everytime I entered there. But after the first seconds inside I didn't smell it anymore. The place was safe, but I was confused to what should I do with my bags, since I was for the first time sharing a room with other unknown people. I wasn't sure if it was safe to just let it there around the room like some people did. I'd definitely recommend there!

• 8th May 2014

Very cool hostel in a good area. Within short walking distance to two stations, 5- stayed for several nights in a 2 bed room and also all female dorm room. 10min walk away. Also about 5 minutes from a covered shopping arcade with a lot of food options also. Everything was clean and taken care of well. The only thing I didn't like was you only get provided lockers for the dorm style rooms. Definitely recommend!

Very strange atmosphere in the lounge area. No one talked or had fun. Don't know why. Was a bit weird, although it's a really nice hostel with cool lounge and rooms.

Nice staffs. Worth the money.