Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1968 Total Reviews

Must try! It could be the best hostel in Kyoto!

The second night I was there, the hostel held a party with so much fun. Nothing I can complain about this hostel. Good location, atmosphere is great, tidy, clean. Staff are all fun and helpful with great hospitality. I would highly recommend Khaosan to ppl who would like to visit Kyoto. Great job, guys!

The location is absolutely great, right in the center. Hostel is very clean with a cosy common kitchen/living room. In my opinion, clearly one of the best quality-price deal in Kyoto.

Bit of a walk to the train station when you have your full pack and are tired other than that great location near all the sights. Had some issues with wifi but the staff sorted it out

The location is a bit difficult to find for tourist. But it is actually located near most busy streets. The staff is helpful but the english standard is not up to youth hostel standard.

I like all of this hostel. Friendly staff, they're all helpful and nice to everyone. A few bathrooms made me (and others in the same dorm room) have a hard time at night and Wifi connection is very poor sometimes. If you guys improve them, I will give you all 5 stars for the next time!

A great hostel located near Gion. Very friendly and helpful staff, who assisted greatly in providing information about the sights and activities in Kyoto - lots of pre-prepared information, maps and local events advertised. The hostel was immaculately clean and has a large communal kitchen and huge Japanese-style lounge area (with comfortable sofas). Plenty of showers and all toilets are electronic. Would definitely stay again.

Is good to provide a hot , cold & normal water dispenser in the kitchen area. For the family room that we stayed ,there is no hanger, hanging rod for us to dry towel & hang winter cloths. I like the kitchen very much, i can prepare breakfast & sandwiches for my family. Is a great experince to cook in other country with different type of ingredient i found in Japan. Definitely i'll stay in Khaosan Japan again.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

very good location and easy to get to subway. the hostel is very cozy.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Good location, reasonable price, nice staff and warm place seems as our big family!

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Everything is excellent. Slight hiccup where there was no one present at the front desk when I was checking out early on 5th Dec at 0530hours. In the end I couldn't return my adapter and get my deposit back but it's no biggie. Will definitely stay at Khaosan again whenever I visit Kyoto and will recommend friends to stay here as well.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

My first time stay in this guest house did not expect a lot but i love this guesthouse - the bed are clean - the toilet, shower room are clean - the wifi is great no complain what so ever!

I like the common room so much so much..!! We spent almost every night there, as it was too cold to stay outside.. and it is so cold to go washroom / bathroom at night.. TAT But overall, it was a nice stay.. worth it.. location wise, quite strategy I think.. but our taxi driver was a bit lost at our first day.. :D

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

This is more of a Hotel with common facilities then a Hostel (in a good way) - all facilities are super up to date, everything is clean, the rooms are really nice and the common room is really big and has a nice kitchen. Because the hostel is quite big it felt a little anonymous to us during our stay but I think this is always a luck-thingy and depends on the people staying, not the hostel itself. Super clean, modern hostel in a central area with alot of stuff in walkingdistance - Stay here!

There were last 2 nights before I left that the water heater suddenly stopped working while I was still in bath and outside temperature was 5 Celsius Degree. Another guest I came across experienced the same. Please recheck the devices if they are working properly. Also, it would be lovely to have more than 1 hair dryer per floor. While I stayed on 5th Fl., I had to go down to 4th or 3rd fl almost everyday to use their hair dryers.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

Close to main metro (but need to take bus from JR KYOTO), clean, friendly staff with fluent spoken english, small room but that's enough. Shared bathroom and toilets are nice and cleans. Definitely enjoy my stay here.

It's location is near the fashionable market and traditional market. you can buy some medical or cusmatical products here.

I really enjoyed staying at your hostel very very much. When I visit Kyoto next time, I'd love to stay with you again. :-)

• 24th Nov 2013

good location at kawaramachi, tidy & clean, highly recommended to backpackers, good facilities, really value for money. Can't find any dislike or weakness.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

The shower rooms for female only is not enough, it takes too long waiting.

• 20th Nov 2013