Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

1977 Total Reviews

The shower rooms for female only is not enough, it takes too long waiting.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

great location in the middle of shopping and food area. a lot of bus stops nearby, so you can get to any places easily. the room size is just enough and is clean generally. shared bathroom and toilet are amazingly clean! however, there is an odd smell in my room (like an old shoes smell). hope they would do something on it. also, you could hear the snores from other rooms (good thing it didn't bother me much). but generally, facilities, location, staffs are great! good value for money.

this my second time stay at Khaosan, and hopefully I will come back again ;)

Nice Loaction

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Khaosan is a nice place to stay, the location is in the center of shopping area in kyoto. Their room also very clean and they have a nice common room, but sometimes it is too crowded because they have a lot of people stay at their hostel. But I definitely will be back to stay here if I go to kyoto again.

Very helpful staff and good location

Nice hostel in a very good location. Has everything you need and a good commen area to meet people.

The location is great! The place overall is good but I was most likely outside visiting as many places as possible. If you are planning to do the same then you don't need more. The staff is friendly and there are a lot if information about what to do during your stay in Kyoto.

• 6th Nov 2013

It is a very nice guest house! I Love it!

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

I have to say, I was only here to sleep and I chose the hostel because it's so close to Teramachi, the huge shopping area. But the bed was comfortable and there are plenty of showers and sinks around. My first night was great, the second I had rude neighbors who left thier reading lights on all night. Not the hostel's fault. Bit of advice: if you leave your stuff in the luggage room the morning you leave, don't put it at the back, or you'll have to unbury it when you leave later. o_O

Location is amazing, staff was great, the was a party on my first night where a staff member made takoyaki for everyone! The biggest downside is that the walls are paper thin.

This spot was great for my friend & I - great location & it was clean. Really big lounge/kitchen area upstairs. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced place to stay near Gion. They helped me find a spot to park my bike overnight for just 150 yen. :D

• 4th Nov 2013

This is a great place to stay. Close to the metro station, with superb facilities and a huge comfortable common room. The girls in the front desk are very nice and happy to help with anything

Khaosan Kyoto Guest House was an awesome place to stay, rest up and is closely situated to all the sights in Kyoto! Definitely worth a look if you're going to stay in Kyoto!!!

• 3rd Nov 2013

Very central hostel with a beautiful common room. Definitely a great choice in Kyoto!

I loved staying here and we met so many interesting people. It is in a great spot close to the heart of Kyoto. The only problem we encountered was the kitchen got a bit crowded. Apart from that the facilities were excellent and the common room was spacious and comfortable.

We loved our stay here, the facilities were clean, the room was big enough (Japanese standards, bunk beds) and the shared bathrooms were fine. The team on reception are friendly, and while we were there as two friends and didn't need to socialise, there is a large common area near the kitchen where it seemed a lot of solo travellers were meeting. Close to transport, and lots of great restaurants! Will stay there again!

I really enjoy my stay in Khaosan and so far is the best hostel for my entire Japan trip; despite of the cleanliness and comfortable bed; the staff is very helpful and attentive.

The private twin rooms are pretty small and the toilet cubical stinks. The location is pretty good as it is close to the rain station and shopping district.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

The room is has no rubbish bin & we have to go out every time we need to throw even the smallest rubbish. No space to put our clothes not even a small closet. There were only 3 corks to hang to hang our clothes. With 2 people in the room is far from enough. They were group of teenagers staying opposite to our room. Our room is 1D and their room is 1H. It was nearly midnite & they still running around, talking & laughing loudly even after I told them to lower down their voice.