Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

That's my 2nd time staying in this hostel. Another excellent experience.

Good Dorms, feels private with curtains. Nice common area and good kitchen facilities. Staff helps you a lot. Perfect Hostel, totally worth the money!

Bathrooms were dirty, lots of other people's hair. Lockers not opening smoothly. The only good thing about the place is its staff. Everyone was great.

Great hostel! Nice staff, great atmosphere and the location was ok. I would recommend it to anyone going to Kyoto!

Found the hostel to be in a great location, so if you are after accommodation that is close to pretty much everything (shopping, food, night life) then this is a good hostel. As a solo traveller I expected to meet people but it was not a very social place. I was forced to head out by myself and meet local Japanese people in bars. It was fun.

good location, kind staff, nice facilities, but little small room.

• 14th May 2014
  • South Korea

Very good location! Close to shopping, food, bus stop, and subway. Easy to find, loved the facilities and kitchen/lounge area. Get to the washer and dryer early! There always seemed to be a line- or go to the laundry mat.

Good location, nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and a great place to meet people!

• 13th May 2014

110% GREAT STAFF CLEAN TIDY FREIENDLY GREAT BATHROOMS AMAZING TOILETS COMPHY BEDS GOOD LOCKERS GREAT STORAGE FOR BAGS LOTS OF LOCAL INFO LOTS OF MAPS ETC THIS HOSTEL IS GETTING IT RIGHT! :o) THANKS

I have stayed here before. It is an excellent location in the center of Kyoto. I find it to be a wonderful friendly place. However, it was difficult to talk with other people at breakfast and even eat breakfast at the table with a number of people using lap tops and having ear phones in. some of these people also seem to be guests who are also working as staff. Very disappointing. is this the modern world?

This will be my first review on hostel world and will be because of how much this place exceeded my expectations. After traveling Southeast Asia for four months and staying at a multitude of hostels this place will definitely stand out the most. The price is fair, but amenities and the dorm sleeping arrangements are out of this world. I definitely recommend this place to anyone willing to pay one or two more dollars!

• 9th May 2014

The Khaosan Guest House was great! The staff was very helpful and nice. Close to shopping, transit, fish market, and downtown nightlife. Rented bikes a block away and had a blast exploring Kyoto all day. A must stay Guest House if you are going to Kyoto. I would recommend 100% to someone looking for a place to stay in Kyoto.

The staffs were great and always helped with anything I asked. Everything was very clean (room and toilet), but the living room had a wierd smell everytime I entered there. But after the first seconds inside I didn't smell it anymore. The place was safe, but I was confused to what should I do with my bags, since I was for the first time sharing a room with other unknown people. I wasn't sure if it was safe to just let it there around the room like some people did. I'd definitely recommend there!

• 8th May 2014

Very cool hostel in a good area. Within short walking distance to two stations, 5- stayed for several nights in a 2 bed room and also all female dorm room. 10min walk away. Also about 5 minutes from a covered shopping arcade with a lot of food options also. Everything was clean and taken care of well. The only thing I didn't like was you only get provided lockers for the dorm style rooms. Definitely recommend!

Very strange atmosphere in the lounge area. No one talked or had fun. Don't know why. Was a bit weird, although it's a really nice hostel with cool lounge and rooms.

Nice staffs. Worth the money.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at anywhere in the world. The staff are super friendly and organized, everything makes sense, and there are no downsides that I experienced. Don't hesitate to book this place; it's really everything a solo traveller wants in Kyoto.

• 5th May 2014

Probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It is indeed more expensive than the others, and that is the reason why I switched to another hostel (thight budget) but if you can afford it: go for it ! The staff is really nice and always has a smile for you, the lounge/kitchen is really cool to chill out, the beds are quite comfortable and are equipped with curtains for privacy, and the showers/toilets are numerous, you never wait more than 5 minutes! Great stay.

the two-bed room didn't smell good, we had to open the window to let fresh air in. but mostly because it's too small and located on first floor. the kitchen needs to be maintained more frequently, the taiwanese girl working in the hostel spoke too loudly at midnight in lounge. Otherwise was a pleasant staying, the location is super convenient, the staff were very helpful and nice. all the facilities function well.

There were no outlets by the beds, actually I couldn't find any in the room though I looked. The beds themselves are really nice. It's a very quiet hostel, good if you want to get sleep. There is also a great map in the lounge showing off things to do in Kyoto