Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Clean and nice place to stay in Kyoto for someone who want to stay non-Japanese style hostel clean hostel nice internship staff The price is really attractive and the location is good (the hostel is very near the heart of Kyoto and travel to Osaka to cheap thought Keihan Main Line at Gion Shijo Station)

The staff are really friendly and helpful. I couldn't find the transportation to Takayama from Kyoto. With the help from the staff, (sorry that I could not remember his name), he helped me to get the transportation. Thanks a lot to him! Highly recommended to western country traveller as the staffs are well conversed in English! Thanks Khaosan Kyoto!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff here are very helpful and it's really good value for money

• 8th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

the best! everything is so clean. the staffs are very helpful regarding what event happening now and how to get to tourist place. they can speak english.

great staff and location.

Easy to find, the staff went out of their way to help me, looking up the raku bus and any other locations I needed. They have a surplus of handouts on maps for places tourists like to go, a map of bus stations and buses. They give you change. They sell one day bus passes. They have one private bathroom for females only, the others are uni-sex. They wrote Japanese for me to give to the bus station when I wanted to go to Hiroshima. I got my bearings for their location quickly. I would stay again

• 4th Mar 2015

The Hostel was clean & the beds were comfortable ect it's just didn't have the friendly atmosphere of the Tokyo Khaosan. For example my partner asked the gentleman at the desk how to get to the closest sake brewery.. His response was simply "I don't know any sake brewery sorry" and that was it.. No offer to help find one.. I guess it wasn't the worst place as the Location was great & the comfy bunks were a plus, but next time I may look elsewhere.

Loved the feel of this hostel and the facilities. Looking forward to staying again soon!

The location is fantastic: walking distance to many sites, and the MRT is just airing the corner. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean, and the staff is helpful and speak English really well. The only thing I thought was awkward was the dining room/common room. Maybe it was more the people staying at the hostel than the hostel's fault, but it was hard to get to meet people when they're either busy making food or eating it. I would still stay here in future, though.

good price and location and very helpful and friendly staff!!

Hair dryer only had cold option to choose in 5F. It's not a good experience.

• 28th Feb 2015