Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

Great location, near the downtown

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

I would much rather this service than any other hotels. Everything was immaculate.

Helpful and friendly staff, ground floor has computers for access and big room for luggage storage. Fantastic location in the city center, nearby shopping, restaurants, subway, various maps available. However the showers and toilets seemed lacking - the floor my brother and I were on had one toilet and one shower (which was women only so he had to go to another floor), I'd imagine that in a busy season getting to shower would be competitive. Otherwise great place!

I cannot find any thing that I didn't like. Perfect.

The only thing that they need for perfection it's the bikes!

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Mexico

I had a great time at Khaosan Kyoto Guesthouse. The staff actually upgraded my bed at no extra cost. There was a great Rakugo party one night where I got introduced to another aspect of Japanese culture. The best part, however, is the other guests. I had so many long, interesting conversations ... it`s a hub of intellectual people from around the world.

I had a great time, the best hostel in which I've stayed. Clean facilities, respectful yet engaging guests. Great staff. Thanks!

If you are looking for a party, this city is not it. If you are in the mood for temples and shrines, then boy are you in look. Unfortunately for me, I had seen soo many temples and shrines in tokyo and was pretty shrined out. After seeing 20 shrines you get pretty desensitized to how cool they are and they lose value. The facility is really nice and for the money, probably the best value i have seen in a hostel in a while. The staff was fantastic as well.

• 28th Jan 2014

Always stay here when im in kyoto. Friendly staff, good facilities, good location. Just a short walk to shijo street & teramachi dori, if you want to do some shopping. Pleasant walk to gion and higashiyama area. I always try to stay in Khaosan branches around Japan, the quality and the staff are always good everywhere. Thanks again.

Great hostel, but total lack of atmosphere... I only stayed in a three bed dorm that felt more like a university dorm room... And the common room was empty basically the entire time I was there. Clean, nice facilities, and perfect location... But yeah, if you're looking for a hostel to meet people at this might not be the one unless there are events going on one of the nights that you're staying there. Really nice place if you're just looking for a peaceful (and comfortable) bed while in Kyoto.

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »