Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

There were no outlets by the beds, actually I couldn't find any in the room though I looked. The beds themselves are really nice. It's a very quiet hostel, good if you want to get sleep. There is also a great map in the lounge showing off things to do in Kyoto

Very nice hotel, well located and friendly staff.

We loved our stay at Khaosan Kyoto Kabuki. This hostel was a great location for us as it was easy to get to popular locations. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful when it came to planning our travels around Japan. We would definitely stay again.

TOP!!!!!!!!

I've stayed at Khaosan Annex (now closed) and Khaosan Kyoto. Both excellent places! Thank you for such a great experience!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

The location is really nice, located near downtown Sijio Kawaramachi and is easy access to anywhere. There are also 2 supermarkets around and one of both even open 24 hours a day. The facilities there are nice and you can find curtain and light on each bed. Japanese tatami living room with western-styled kitchen is nice for relaxing. Replacing shoes with slippers before entering is considerate, but sometimes the indoor slippers are not enough. This guest house is worth for backpackers.

Staffs are friendly, location is very great

+ Good location, near public transport and interesting areas in the city. Cleanliness and service level feels average for Japanese hostels. - Dark, dull dorm. Very crowded, not very clean kitchen. - There was a boring feeling about the place. We came from a small hostel in Hiroshima that had a far warmer and more welcoming atmosphere.

Probably the nicest and cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Great job!

• 24th Apr 2014

A nice hostel, but much too big for my taste. Really comfortable though and feels more as if you are staying in a hotel than a hostel. Can't really fault it, I just prefer the smaller family run hostels.

Kyoto is so gorgeous and this hostel was an awesome base. Great staff, great lounge to relax in, great level of cleanliness, great security. Really good location just a few minutes from the Main Street and walking distance to Gion. Would definitely recommend.

I just staying there for 1 night only. But for what I see, this place is quite good....near the subway.

• 22nd Apr 2014