Khaosan Kyoto Guest House Reviews

568 Nakanocho, Bukkoji-agaru, Teramachi-dori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Japan

shower is inconvenient( wating time is so long), but others are so good~~

Really nice hostel ~ great staff and fantastic location. I have stayed at lots of hostels and didn't find this one to be super social, perhaps because of the business of the weekend being around cherry blossom season. It would be neat if there were more games or events organised to make it more social in the evenings.

I do feel at home, when I live in there. I do thank the staffs are so kind to me.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Wifi is too weak besides ground floor

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location was close to the main shopping areas and about 10 mins walk from Gion. The directions on hostelworld are good and it's about a 10 minute walk from the main station. Overall it was fine - no complaints but I didn't feel it was anything special.

A friendly and welcoming hostel, with a good kitchen and lounge space to relax in. Walking distance to transport and many sites. The staff are great and the female dorms are very seperate. I definitely recommend it.

This was my second stay at this hostel. Once again, it had helpful and friendly staff, was very clean, and the rooms were nice and quiet even when the place was completely booked out. The location is fantastic. The common room is very cozy, and there is always someone up there to meet and talk to. Great atmosphere. I will definitely stay here again.

Staff could've been a little bit more friendlier and talkative towards guests, especially international ones. The rooms were too dark and not very well lit; however, they were clean.

Rather overrated, in my opinion. The location is fairly easy to find, and the facilities are definitely worth the price, but it is a far cry from Tokyo's Khaosan branches. Wifi signal was quite terrible, and the room I had would smell funny if we didn't leave the windows open, which was a problem as it was still fairly chilly when my group visited. Entrance to the building always had a strong smell of cigarette smoke, and the staff could be friendlier. Not bad, but definitely not amazing either.

Not sure if there was one and I missed it, but a free food shelf in the fridge is always good! I ended up throwing perishable food away when it could have gone to a good home!

One of the very best hostel I have stayed during the last 15 years traveling. I will return without any hesitation!!

• 24th Mar 2014

The building is charming, the location central, and the staff is really friendly and always ready to help. If you want to stay in a place with a traditional Japanese feel to it, but don't have a lot of money to spend, I'd definitely recommend Tanaka-ya. We really enjoyed our stay.

An excellent hostel with a fun environment, ample facilities, and good (albeit somewhat distant) location.

Excellent place. Would stay here again and again!!

Well located, clean hostel with helpful staff and a spacious common room

I was staying in a 10 person mixed dormitory. Overall it is value for money despite a bit noisy due to the late night return of others.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The location is just superb, really close to all the local attractions and bus stops. The bus passes were great and I'm glad you sell them. The information on the kitchen wall is sometimes wrong, for example it says that this bus goes from this stop, but then you get to the bus stop and there is no bus like that, so check that kind of info yourselves. The cleaning of the bathroom takes a long time and sometimes all the bathrooms on all the floors are not available.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

We booked a Basic Twin Private shared bathroom and got a big surprise when we opened the door to the room. It was small. There was a bunk bed in the a room with barely enough space for our two small bags. There was a small window with very limited opening. Luckily we aren't claustrophobic. The kitchen / common room was good as was the bathroom facilities. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is a great hostel right in the hub of a busy shopping area and within easy walking distance from Gion. The rooms are great and the mattresses are really comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again.

no comment at all. im very satisfied with the place. its so clean and so comfortable.