Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki Reviews

1-17-2 Asakusa Taitou-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Such a nice place the traditional rooms wer awesome so comftarble and Amy is The best!!!

I booked 2 bed at 4 dormitory room and end up given one private room for two! Wohoo~~the staff were all cheerful and helpful. .not to mention, they were all gorgeous too^^ anyway, a simple breakfast would be great if it also served...khaosan tokyo kabuki kudos!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent hostel & staff , I was upgraded to a separate room , Thanks Kabuki for all the hospitality rendered ...

A very nice hostel in a good location near all the sites. Staff were really friendly and despite the fact I arrived late and only stayed one night I made friends with the receptionist and within two hours was out for dinner with some other lodgers!! Really good vibe.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Without a doubt one of the best hostels in the world! I've stayed at many. Not the most modern or beautiful but the staff are so cool and I met SO many amazing people. There was always cool people in the common room and I honestly had the best time in my entire trip in Japan. Thank you Khaosan!!! I will be back :D

Superb location in quiet street. Very good dorms. Top value for money.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

really nice staff! they're awesome. great location near a famous temple, lots of places to eat, and two key subway lines. very convenient. rooms are comfy, bathrooms clean. common area is very social -- there was always someone in there, usually a few people chatting. enjoyed my stay here, would come back.

Fantastic hostel! There are amazingly friendly and welcoming staff who are always happy to help, or just to have a chat. The room was really big and clean, with ample space for bags. Would very strongly recommend!!

• 27th Nov 2015

Fantastic location in Asakusa, and friendly staff. The only issues I had were the beds not being particularly comfortable, and no power sockets for the top bunks. Neither a huge deal for me, but when compared to Khaosan Kyoto Theater, this place could do with some modernisation. Nevertheless, great value and I'd recommend staying here.

I had an amazing time here! Met some really cool people and felt very welcomed by the staff! I will definitely stay at Tokyo Kabubki next time I'm in Tokyo!

Good location, great living room and wonderful staffs.

Thank you for making my trip to Tokyo even more amazing!!!! Wonderful staff!!!

Very friendly. like ones own home

Great place to stay and meet fellow travelers. Located close to a few stations, a lot of shopping and site seeing spots. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Quick to offer food suggestions and things to do.

I'd fully recommend Khaosan Kabuki, there's a reason why it's always fully booked! Naoto, Mine, Ruico, Ami, Mio and Shiho are all super friendly, the memory foam beds are simply incredible, and the hostel has a very personal feel to it. The common room is a great place to meet other travellers over a few beers, and it even has a SNES!! Location-wise, it's excellent, being near Kaminarimon and Asakusa metro station. I'd definitely stay here again when I visit Tokyo again; thanks for ever

Friendly, helpful staff, great location, clean rooms.

• 22nd Nov 2015

I would like to thank all the staff at Reception for their kind hospitailty and readinness to inform me about some details such as nearby restaurants, keeping my luggagge for the 2 days I was away, etc. That helped a lot to make my trip a memorable experience!

For other travelers: This hostel is so highly rated probably because the location is great for travelers in Tokyo. The facilities are great (like most hostels in Japan), the showers having a temperature gauge was a cool little treat. Definitely grab a SIM card with data from reception and download a Tokyo subway app, or grab a subway map from reception. You should get a suica card too if you're going to be in Tokyo even a day. For staff: you guys were super friendly and helpful!

Highly recommended for meeting people or whatever you are looking for in a convenient location at reasonable price and good facilities. Great for meeting other travellers (mostly solo) but if you want to mind your own business thats okay too! Staff is incredibly friendly. Mio really made a great effort to help me find a gift for my girlfriend which I am really grateful for. Only mijor thing I would suggest is that they add curtains to beds like we can find in many hostels. Thanks Kabuki!!

Great location if you want to explore the Asakusa and Sumida (Tokyo Skytree area) and only a short subway ride to get back to the JR train lines. Staff were fantastic and very friendly and did their best to answer queries and give advice. Rooms were clean and well maintained and the private bathroom attached to the mixed dorm was small (by western standards, but bigger than those all-in-one bathrooms common in Japan). Definitely recommend!

• 14th Nov 2015