Kyoto Guest House Reviews

Flat A3, Block A, 15th Floor, Chungking Mansions, 36 - 44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Overall good place.... constant harassment from hawkers until you get in elevator, but lots of things in walking distance. Spotty internet sometimes, but I could stream TV before I went to sleep. The only thing I didn't like is lack of privacy. The owner was very nice and sweet, but she would always pop out the second I opened my door to leave the room. Could also hear everything in the hall clearly, so hallway can hear you too. Not good if you want to have company. Room was clean.

The location of the hostel is very nice. It´s close to the avenue of stars, the pier and the bus station that takes you to the beach. The room was quite small, though. We basically only had enough space to put our baggage under the bed. The bathroom is also a little bit small and there is an old boiler that "produces" hot water ( which takes about 10 minutes ). However, it was a pleasant stay over the weekend.

Nice place to stay..the location very good.. near to Metro station and Avenue of star..

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The entire Chung King Mansion is sketchy with weirdos hassling tourists. There seems to be only one set of elevators so you need to wait (in a line!) for a long time! The room is very small, but manageable. However, when the Indian restaurant below cooks, the entire room smells like curry to the point of one being sick of the smell. It sinks into your clothes. I was suggested to use the AC to get rid of the smell, but it was so loud and gets very cold. If you stay here, buy an air freshener!

• 13th Nov 2014

Pretty average for Chungking Mansions and Hong Kong. Small room, extremely small washroom.

Best hostel I've stayed at in Chungking Mansions. Based on the rumors and my past experiences, I was expecting it to be really, really dirty and not well run (like Apple Hostel over in Mirador Mansions), but I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not true here. While there is no good common-space to meet other back-packers, it did the job.

The space is very small - we had a double room which literally contains a bed and less than a meter either side but I have heard similar things about other places in HK. Despite this the room is very clean, towels and bedding changed regularly. The location is incredible, right in the heart of Kowloon and a 2 min walk to the subway station. The men hassling and queues for the lift can be a pain but you get used to it and for what you pay not too much to handle. Would definitely stay again.

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. You are very much welcome at Kyoto Guest House. Please do recommend Kyoto Guest House to your family and friends when they visit Hong Kong.

Pretty average room in Hong Kong, although it's very small they had good internet connection, helpful staff, and centrally located in busy Kowloon. Decent place to stay for a short period of time