Kyoto Guest House Reviews

Flat A3, Block A, 15th Floor, Chungking Mansions, 36 - 44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I'd highly recommend the Kyoto Guest House for anyone considering a stay in the Chungking Mansions/Tsim Tsa Shui. I stayed in the private ensuite room and found it to be very comfortable (air conditioner and hot water worked well). It's on the 15th floor, but I never had to wait long for an elevator. The Kyoto Guest House is run by a very friendly Chinese lady who can give you good recommendations for places to go in the area for shopping, etc. Would definitely stay here again if coming to HK!

Poor hostel, the room smelt like curry and was a little expensive. Find somewhere else to stay! Its on the 15th floor and the elevator is out of action most of the time.

Was quite an enjoyable stay, excellent location, friendly staff and decent value for money. The place was clean, secure and right opposite the station was an added bonus! There are some unfortunately deterrents though: 1. There are very annoying "Salesmen" at the front of the hostel that try and get you to stay at their places. 2. The lifts were broken and the line was 45mins long on average. 3. A "holding deposit" was taken on my card which I haven't received yet. 3 No showers, only wet rooms.

The women who manages the place was extremely nice and helpful. Late check-in was possible which is very convenient and the place was clean and good to stay for a few days. The rooms are small indeed but this is the norm in HK for such a price. You'll have to pay quite a high price if you want a good room in HK.

We stayed at the Kyoto Guest House for 4 days. We were in a tiny, smelly room with no extras and little atmosphere. We were lucky that Hong Kong is such a fascinating city that we did not have to stay in our room for long, just sleeping and then leaving as soon as possible.

• 30th Apr 2014

Helpful management, good place close to museums, parks, shopping malls and convenience stores.

All a bit basic but the lady looked after us very well, that is what made it

• 3rd Feb 2014

The hostel owner was very nice, she help us a lot, even told us many Hong Kong information!!! I had a good time in there, thank you so much.

The room was very clean and tidy. and the charge is economical compared to other guest houses. Most of all, Madam and staffs were very kind. before I got to Hong Kong, I had some problems in booking. but Madam sent emails many time to respond my questions and to help me kindly. Some people may complain the size of the guest house. but you should know that the size of the guest houses in Tsim Sha Tsui are similar. So, If I visit Hong Kong next time, I will choose Kyoto Guest House again.

• 1st Feb 2014