Kyoto Guest House Reviews

Flat A3, Block A, 15th Floor, Chungking Mansions, 36 - 44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

As a traveling couple we had a very enjoyable stay at Kyoto Guesthouse. The room was very private and clean with fresh towels provided everyday. Not a hostel for meeting other travellers but for price and location I can't recommend Kyoto guesthouse enough. The queue for the lift was challenging at times but you've to be patient in city like Hong Kong. If travelling back to HK I would stay at Kyoto again.

Thank you for the comfortable stay.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I'd highly recommend the Kyoto Guest House for anyone considering a stay in the Chungking Mansions/Tsim Tsa Shui. I stayed in the private ensuite room and found it to be very comfortable (air conditioner and hot water worked well). It's on the 15th floor, but I never had to wait long for an elevator. The Kyoto Guest House is run by a very friendly Chinese lady who can give you good recommendations for places to go in the area for shopping, etc. Would definitely stay here again if coming to HK!

Poor hostel, the room smelt like curry and was a little expensive. Find somewhere else to stay! Its on the 15th floor and the elevator is out of action most of the time.

Was quite an enjoyable stay, excellent location, friendly staff and decent value for money. The place was clean, secure and right opposite the station was an added bonus! There are some unfortunately deterrents though: 1. There are very annoying "Salesmen" at the front of the hostel that try and get you to stay at their places. 2. The lifts were broken and the line was 45mins long on average. 3. A "holding deposit" was taken on my card which I haven't received yet. 3 No showers, only wet rooms.

The women who manages the place was extremely nice and helpful. Late check-in was possible which is very convenient and the place was clean and good to stay for a few days. The rooms are small indeed but this is the norm in HK for such a price. You'll have to pay quite a high price if you want a good room in HK.

We stayed at the Kyoto Guest House for 4 days. We were in a tiny, smelly room with no extras and little atmosphere. We were lucky that Hong Kong is such a fascinating city that we did not have to stay in our room for long, just sleeping and then leaving as soon as possible.

• 30th Apr 2014