Kyoto Guest House Reviews

Flat A3, Block A, 15th Floor, Chungking Mansions, 36 - 44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Helpful management, good place close to museums, parks, shopping malls and convenience stores.

All a bit basic but the lady looked after us very well, that is what made it

• 3rd Feb 2014

The hostel owner was very nice, she help us a lot, even told us many Hong Kong information!!! I had a good time in there, thank you so much.

The room was very clean and tidy. and the charge is economical compared to other guest houses. Most of all, Madam and staffs were very kind. before I got to Hong Kong, I had some problems in booking. but Madam sent emails many time to respond my questions and to help me kindly. Some people may complain the size of the guest house. but you should know that the size of the guest houses in Tsim Sha Tsui are similar. So, If I visit Hong Kong next time, I will choose Kyoto Guest House again.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The major issue was that the hostel is located on the 15th floor so sometimes the lines for the elevator could get extremely long which was frustrating. Otherwise this place was a good deal for their price. The room was small but that was expected for Hong Kong.

Staff is very polite, efficient and available. The room was cleaned almost everyday. And during my stay i didnt have to complain about my neighbours. Regarding the room, it is HongKong center, so do not expect space, but just enough to sleep in a relative comfort. The building is quite old but suitable for people used to hostels. A lot of "animation" downstairs 24/7. Regarding the price, I guess those are the standards when you book online or in advance.

Merci beaucoup for your comments and feedback. Please do recommend Kyoto Guest House to your family, friends and colleagues when they visit Hong Kong.

Although it's situated right in the center of Kowloon, close to the pier and to sightseen places, I have to say that it's in doubt if it really is a good location due to the fact that the building looks like an immigrant shelter, with drug dillers, suspicus 'travel agents' and 'guesthouse salesmen'. everytime reaching the building standing in line to the elevators (only 2, reaches to odd and even floors, takes a while!) they will unpleasantly try to sell you something. This is NOT a guesthouse!

Kyoto Guest House is a Hong Kong Government licensed guest house and has been since 1997. Maybe there is a lot lost in translation here, however all these complaints (apart from two) relate to ground floor activity which is 15 floors below. The last 494 reviewers give an average Location score of 89% - other ratings provided are equally far off the averages. This comment and rating is not remotely objective, credible or fair.

Very nice location, MTR station near by, clean small room, friendly staff which is always willing to help and communication in English is possible. Sorry, I take the AC adapter in my suitcase by accident. Hope you can easily restore with a new one. So I have a nice souvenier from a nice staying in your Hostel. Thanks for all!

• 8th Nov 2013

It is clean and the staff is very friendly. For Honk kong and this buildung a quite good address. Do not expect too much.

• 31st Oct 2013

I stayed in room A5. The property manager was nice and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and bath. Body towel was included and cleaning service was performed during the day. Be prepared for the shower: it is simply a hand-held unit in the small toilet room (no wall mount, no separate showering area). The room is VERY small, but there is enough space under the bed to keep luggage/bags out of the way. My only complaint is that the toilet constantly ran water and was very noisy.

• 21st Oct 2013