Kyoto UTANO Youth Hostel Reviews

29 Nakayamacho Uzumasa Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. Though personally, I found that the hostel somewhat lacks character. The staff is helpful, and I can't complain about that; however I do feel that they could have been more engaging. I attended the events hosted by the hostel on several occasions, but I failed to have a memorable interaction with any of the staff members. In addition, the facilities - while clean - are quite bland. The single most interesting component was the indoor public bath. I enjoyed that a lot.

This was a great place. It was spacious, clean, organized, and everything had easy to understand instructions in English and other languages. The wi-fi was decent enough. There was lots of free parking and the hostel was near a bus stop. (You can buy a day-pass for the bus right at the hostel.) Plus there is an onsen right there in the hostel. The place is down right beautiful!

Noisy wooden beds/doors makes it hard to sleep once someone is up. WiFi doesn't work in rooms at least on the 200 side. Apart from that good hostel they offer food options for breakfast and dinner which is good cos there's not any restaurants nearby.

• 30th Nov 2014

It is a really nice building and the location is a little outside, but ok. Still, it is a youth hostel and i did not completely realize this. so there is a curfew at 23.30 and also some other rules you might don't expect. but still it is great athmosphere!