Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

The outside area was really nice and throughout the hostel has a homely feeling about it. Taking shoes off inside added to that feeling, I liked it! The facilities where clean and plenty (bathroom as well as kitchen utensils). However, I thought it a bit pricy, and that a couple had to pay for two people when they had to sleep in one bed is just not fair..

• 4th Nov 2015

First of all I get there to realise that they had double booked my room even though I had booked weeks in advance the cleaners helped me and showed me where to go... The toilets smelt bad all the time and the noise in the room was shocking you had showers one side and a toilets on the other.. Don't stay here if you want sleep. The staff were hardly ever around but when you got them they did help you out! They always seemed to be cleaning in the mornings but I still found it dirty.

Lantana lodge is a very good place to discover Auckland with great people. The room was very comfy, the atmosphere really kind, I recommend it

• 16th Sep 2015

The staff is very nice, but the manager is the worst! There were some shoes stolen and he was just laughing about it. There were some people kicked out, because they were having a quiet cigaret outside after 10pm. The kitchen, badroom and toilet are a sort of cleanish. It could be a really cool lodge, but managed by so short minded people, don't mind going there

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

It was difficult to contact the front desk due to my last minute check in and poor signage at the front desk that provided directions on how to contact the manager. Once able to contact the manager, he was very friendly and helpful.

Smaller hostel located a bit of a walk from downtown Auckland but had a great atmosphere. Staff and other residents were extremely friendly. All in all good place to crash for longer term residents.

The best hostel I stayed in Auckland! Incredible people and staff (Micky, the receptionist is the best person ever) Love this place.

• 8th Jun 2015