Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

I haven't really enjoyed my say in Lantana Lodge. The staff isn't helpful at all, at my arrival they just told me that they were a kitchen and bathrooms but haven't shown me where. The kitchen isn't super clean and moreover the rules of being quiet and respecful is just applying to certain clients...

• 14th Jan 2016

A more chilled hostel in a quiet part of town, basically a large house which has been converted. Staff tried to be helpful, facilities pretty average but sufficient. Good comfortable bed. Neighbours consistently complaining about noise past 9pm. Not great value for money really but not bad for a solids night sleep outside the city centre.

The outside area was really nice and throughout the hostel has a homely feeling about it. Taking shoes off inside added to that feeling, I liked it! The facilities where clean and plenty (bathroom as well as kitchen utensils). However, I thought it a bit pricy, and that a couple had to pay for two people when they had to sleep in one bed is just not fair..

• 4th Nov 2015

First of all I get there to realise that they had double booked my room even though I had booked weeks in advance the cleaners helped me and showed me where to go... The toilets smelt bad all the time and the noise in the room was shocking you had showers one side and a toilets on the other.. Don't stay here if you want sleep. The staff were hardly ever around but when you got them they did help you out! They always seemed to be cleaning in the mornings but I still found it dirty.

Lantana lodge is a very good place to discover Auckland with great people. The room was very comfy, the atmosphere really kind, I recommend it

• 16th Sep 2015

The staff is very nice, but the manager is the worst! There were some shoes stolen and he was just laughing about it. There were some people kicked out, because they were having a quiet cigaret outside after 10pm. The kitchen, badroom and toilet are a sort of cleanish. It could be a really cool lodge, but managed by so short minded people, don't mind going there