Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

I haven't really enjoyed my say in Lantana Lodge. The staff isn't helpful at all, at my arrival they just told me that they were a kitchen and bathrooms but haven't shown me where. The kitchen isn't super clean and moreover the rules of being quiet and respecful is just applying to certain clients...

• 14th Jan 2016

A more chilled hostel in a quiet part of town, basically a large house which has been converted. Staff tried to be helpful, facilities pretty average but sufficient. Good comfortable bed. Neighbours consistently complaining about noise past 9pm. Not great value for money really but not bad for a solids night sleep outside the city centre.

The outside area was really nice and throughout the hostel has a homely feeling about it. Taking shoes off inside added to that feeling, I liked it! The facilities where clean and plenty (bathroom as well as kitchen utensils). However, I thought it a bit pricy, and that a couple had to pay for two people when they had to sleep in one bed is just not fair..

• 4th Nov 2015

First of all I get there to realise that they had double booked my room even though I had booked weeks in advance the cleaners helped me and showed me where to go... The toilets smelt bad all the time and the noise in the room was shocking you had showers one side and a toilets on the other.. Don't stay here if you want sleep. The staff were hardly ever around but when you got them they did help you out! They always seemed to be cleaning in the mornings but I still found it dirty.

Lantana lodge is a very good place to discover Auckland with great people. The room was very comfy, the atmosphere really kind, I recommend it

• 16th Sep 2015

The staff is very nice, but the manager is the worst! There were some shoes stolen and he was just laughing about it. There were some people kicked out, because they were having a quiet cigaret outside after 10pm. The kitchen, badroom and toilet are a sort of cleanish. It could be a really cool lodge, but managed by so short minded people, don't mind going there

It was difficult to contact the front desk due to my last minute check in and poor signage at the front desk that provided directions on how to contact the manager. Once able to contact the manager, he was very friendly and helpful.

Smaller hostel located a bit of a walk from downtown Auckland but had a great atmosphere. Staff and other residents were extremely friendly. All in all good place to crash for longer term residents.

The best hostel I stayed in Auckland! Incredible people and staff (Micky, the receptionist is the best person ever) Love this place.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Staying at Lantana Lodge is a really good option if you want to live close to the city center.It takes you about 20 minutes to get there.The hostel is located in a good area and it's a very beautiful house.The staff is very helpful and friendly.The kitchen wasn't that clean,but well equipped.Altogether we had a great stay!

Kitchen was festy. Didn't want to cook in there. Was going to eat our breakfast on the outside verandah but was littered with ashtrays filled with cigarette butts. Off putting.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great hostel, very laid back welcoming place. Very accomodating manager, he helped us out a lot.

• 30th Mar 2015

impossible to sleep before 12 or 1 in the night !!! No rules in this hostel except NO SHOES INSIDE! dirty bathrooms & ktchen. kitchen, dining and lounge area much too small for so many people! dirty / dusty carpet in room, pillows underneath pillow case VERY DIRTY. NEVER AGAIN.

• 15th Mar 2015

A very friendly and relaxed hostel that is kept very clean. Not too close to the ciy centre but in a great suburb full of locals. Kitchen area can get a little crowded and could benefit from another cooker

Great location, friendly staff, pretty quiet.

Hi Thank you for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again ^_^

Lantana Lodge was a lovely place to stay, down the bottom of a very steep hill it provided a bit of exercise on the way up. It's located in a super pretty corner of Auckland - Parnell, we had a lovely time walking the streets around this vintage, artsy area. The hostel itself was a nice change from other hostels, much more homey which we really loved.

Thank you for choosing Lantana Lodge. Glad it felt like a home to you Looking forward to seeing you again :)

Hostel is in a great location in the cute village of Parnell. A safe area with lovely restaurants

Hi Susan Thank you for choosing Lantana Lodge! Enjoy your holidays :)

No 24h reception. I had to wait until 3pm because I arrived at 12:30 pm. The Staff was very nice and helpfull. Free WiFi. There was just access zu one computer but internet was also free, so thumbs up :) I found all I needed in the kitchen. There was just one shower but it worked great and I never had to wait for taking a shower. Walking to the city takes about 20 min and its easy to find. The same for big supermarket countdouwn. Lantana Lodge was perfect for my first day

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Liechtenstein

Thank you for choosing our hostel. We are looking forward to see you again! Have fun in New Zealand :D

I booked 3 nights here, but i was relocated without explanation to City Garden Lodge, which belongs to the same manager. They tried to make me sleep in a 7 person tent, on a mattress on the floor, but luckily they changed that in a couple of minutes, and got a bed in a proper dorm. Still, they just gave a 10$ discount for the trouble (which was the difference in price between tent and dorm!). The beds were old and noisy, bed linen so wear it was transparent, terrible kitchen tools...

So sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please forgive us for our mistakes and thank you for staying in City Garden Lodge, it's a beautiful and comfortable lodge. I guarantee nothing like this will ever happen again :D

Very cool place if you just arrived from 28Hrs fight in an aircraft and you want to relax. Perfect as well if you want a cool place with not too much people. Free Wifi is a plus.

• 26th Nov 2014

Hey Vincent. Thank you for choosing lantana lodge for your accomodation in Auckland. We are looking forward to your stay again. Have fun in NZ...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7