Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

It was difficult to contact the front desk due to my last minute check in and poor signage at the front desk that provided directions on how to contact the manager. Once able to contact the manager, he was very friendly and helpful.

Smaller hostel located a bit of a walk from downtown Auckland but had a great atmosphere. Staff and other residents were extremely friendly. All in all good place to crash for longer term residents.

The best hostel I stayed in Auckland! Incredible people and staff (Micky, the receptionist is the best person ever) Love this place.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Staying at Lantana Lodge is a really good option if you want to live close to the city center.It takes you about 20 minutes to get there.The hostel is located in a good area and it's a very beautiful house.The staff is very helpful and friendly.The kitchen wasn't that clean,but well equipped.Altogether we had a great stay!

Kitchen was festy. Didn't want to cook in there. Was going to eat our breakfast on the outside verandah but was littered with ashtrays filled with cigarette butts. Off putting.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great hostel, very laid back welcoming place. Very accomodating manager, he helped us out a lot.

• 30th Mar 2015

impossible to sleep before 12 or 1 in the night !!! No rules in this hostel except NO SHOES INSIDE! dirty bathrooms & ktchen. kitchen, dining and lounge area much too small for so many people! dirty / dusty carpet in room, pillows underneath pillow case VERY DIRTY. NEVER AGAIN.

• 15th Mar 2015

A very friendly and relaxed hostel that is kept very clean. Not too close to the ciy centre but in a great suburb full of locals. Kitchen area can get a little crowded and could benefit from another cooker

Great location, friendly staff, pretty quiet.

Hi Thank you for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again ^_^

Lantana Lodge was a lovely place to stay, down the bottom of a very steep hill it provided a bit of exercise on the way up. It's located in a super pretty corner of Auckland - Parnell, we had a lovely time walking the streets around this vintage, artsy area. The hostel itself was a nice change from other hostels, much more homey which we really loved.

Thank you for choosing Lantana Lodge. Glad it felt like a home to you Looking forward to seeing you again :)

Hostel is in a great location in the cute village of Parnell. A safe area with lovely restaurants

Hi Susan Thank you for choosing Lantana Lodge! Enjoy your holidays :)

No 24h reception. I had to wait until 3pm because I arrived at 12:30 pm. The Staff was very nice and helpfull. Free WiFi. There was just access zu one computer but internet was also free, so thumbs up :) I found all I needed in the kitchen. There was just one shower but it worked great and I never had to wait for taking a shower. Walking to the city takes about 20 min and its easy to find. The same for big supermarket countdouwn. Lantana Lodge was perfect for my first day

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Liechtenstein

Thank you for choosing our hostel. We are looking forward to see you again! Have fun in New Zealand :D

I booked 3 nights here, but i was relocated without explanation to City Garden Lodge, which belongs to the same manager. They tried to make me sleep in a 7 person tent, on a mattress on the floor, but luckily they changed that in a couple of minutes, and got a bed in a proper dorm. Still, they just gave a 10$ discount for the trouble (which was the difference in price between tent and dorm!). The beds were old and noisy, bed linen so wear it was transparent, terrible kitchen tools...

So sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please forgive us for our mistakes and thank you for staying in City Garden Lodge, it's a beautiful and comfortable lodge. I guarantee nothing like this will ever happen again :D

Very cool place if you just arrived from 28Hrs fight in an aircraft and you want to relax. Perfect as well if you want a cool place with not too much people. Free Wifi is a plus.

• 26th Nov 2014

Hey Vincent. Thank you for choosing lantana lodge for your accomodation in Auckland. We are looking forward to your stay again. Have fun in NZ...

A great hostel if you're staying long time in Auckland for work or studies, but for a short term traveller it's more strict than you're usual hostel and not a place to meet fellow travellers in my opinion.

Thanks Tom for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again :D

Nice quiet place just off Parnell St. Lots of restaurants and shops a few minutes away. Easy walk to Newmarket and even a reasonable one down to Viaduct Harbor and the downtown area. Quiet and clean with lockers in the rooms and good wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank Andrew for staying in lantana lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. Have a great time in NZ.

I really loved this place, this is the favorite backpacker I have been in for me. I strongly recommend this place, people are very nice, it’s safe and friendly! I would have loved more time there, and I wish I can go back whenever I have to stay at Auckland!

Thanks Amelia for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. :D

location, location was great walking distance to city and supermarket and shops. Newly carpeted and painted very nice. good beds and really quiet at night being a small hostel and layout. Great place for a family like ours to stay.

Thanks Tricia for staying in lantana lodge. Hope to see you again.

There are hostels which are just basic and you know what to expect. Then there are those that are just overwhelming: clean, tidy, friendly... all those things. And then there those that just don't care and still charge you the average hostel price or even more. For me LL was the latter. Lots of beds in small rooms, small kitchen, rather filthy. The house has a lot of potential. But it needs people to look after it and invest some love. It's okay for a night or two. But dont expect to feel @home.

Hi Matthias We try to keep the rooms & the kitchen clean as much as we can. Some times if it is a dorm room then it becomes difficult as we don't want to move their bags & personal stuff. We have refurbished the whole place in last 4 months. It has new carpet,all rooms have been freshly painted including the kitchen,lounge & bathroom. Next time you ever come to auckland,you must come down to lantana lodge to have a look. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Nice place! A little bit out of the way, but not a bad walk to get there. Would stay here again!

Hi Justin Thank you for staying in lantana lodge. Just to let you know we have refurbished the place. All the rooms have been freshly pained & has new carpet. It is looking amazing. You should def come next time you are in auckland. Cheers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7