Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

Ein sensationeller Aussichtspunkt nur 20 min von der Unterkunft entfernt. (Zu Fuss) Leichter Trekking - Schuh empfehlenswert. Es gibt ebenfalls einen Hot-Pot zur freien benützung. (Als ich da war jedoch leider kaputt. Ich empfehle die Unterkunft gerne weiter!

No 24h reception. I had to wait until 3pm because I arrived at 12:30 pm. The Staff was very nice and helpfull. Free WiFi. There was just access zu one computer but internet was also free, so thumbs up :) I found all I needed in the kitchen. There was just one shower but it worked great and I never had to wait for taking a shower. Walking to the city takes about 20 min and its easy to find. The same for big supermarket countdouwn. Lantana Lodge was perfect for my first day

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Liechtenstein

Thank you for choosing our hostel. We are looking forward to see you again! Have fun in New Zealand :D

I booked 3 nights here, but i was relocated without explanation to City Garden Lodge, which belongs to the same manager. They tried to make me sleep in a 7 person tent, on a mattress on the floor, but luckily they changed that in a couple of minutes, and got a bed in a proper dorm. Still, they just gave a 10$ discount for the trouble (which was the difference in price between tent and dorm!). The beds were old and noisy, bed linen so wear it was transparent, terrible kitchen tools...

So sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please forgive us for our mistakes and thank you for staying in City Garden Lodge, it's a beautiful and comfortable lodge. I guarantee nothing like this will ever happen again :D

Very cool place if you just arrived from 28Hrs fight in an aircraft and you want to relax. Perfect as well if you want a cool place with not too much people. Free Wifi is a plus.

• 26th Nov 2014

Hey Vincent. Thank you for choosing lantana lodge for your accomodation in Auckland. We are looking forward to your stay again. Have fun in NZ...

A great hostel if you're staying long time in Auckland for work or studies, but for a short term traveller it's more strict than you're usual hostel and not a place to meet fellow travellers in my opinion.

Thanks Tom for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again :D

Nice quiet place just off Parnell St. Lots of restaurants and shops a few minutes away. Easy walk to Newmarket and even a reasonable one down to Viaduct Harbor and the downtown area. Quiet and clean with lockers in the rooms and good wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank Andrew for staying in lantana lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. Have a great time in NZ.

Der Teppich in unserem Raum roch nach Schweiß. Wohlgemerkt der ganze Teppich also eher ein ReinigungsProblem

• 16th Nov 2014

Sorry i can't read german. But thank you for staying in Lantana lodge. Looking forward to see you again.

I really loved this place, this is the favorite backpacker I have been in for me. I strongly recommend this place, people are very nice, it’s safe and friendly! I would have loved more time there, and I wish I can go back whenever I have to stay at Auckland!

Thanks Amelia for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. :D

location, location was great walking distance to city and supermarket and shops. Newly carpeted and painted very nice. good beds and really quiet at night being a small hostel and layout. Great place for a family like ours to stay.

Thanks Tricia for staying in lantana lodge. Hope to see you again.