Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

SMALL room for 4 people, not enough space to put clothes/bags and can't move around in shower- but I guess that is what you get in Paris. No lockers that we could see and no elevator (narrow winding stairs). Good continental breakfast downstairs and kitchen with frig upstairs. Great common room to get to know other travelers - had a great time doing this. After 3 previous hostels, we finally get one that has a social life!

This hostel did not turn out to look like the pictures. Our room was small and while it was nice to have a sink and shower in our room the floor in the hallway had holes in it and our bed was completely covered with hair - so we couldn't sleep with the sheets. The toilet was also in a dungeon room that was very thin and unpleasant. Would not book here unless desperate.

• 19th Apr 2014

Was an okay base for the city, nothing too terribly expensive. The lockers were basically non-existent in my room which was a real bummer but I picked up wifi in there also so that's a plus. It was spectacularly unspectacular, I haven't a thing to complain about (besides loud roommates 3 am - 7am.. but thats not the hostels fault) but I also don't have anything to rave about. The room downstairs was real friendly with people and they had free donuts. Wooo. Close to metro station.

Was a great venue. Nice people. Great breakfast. No wifi in rooms though and not enough power outlets in rooms

Really enjoyed staying here. They had a really nice kitchen and lounge area that was a really nice place to hang out after a busy day.

small staircase without an elevator, rooms are also very small, would never go there again

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

Not a bad hostel. No wifi in rooms and the toilet, shower and kitchens are not great or particularly clean but on the upside most of the staff when friendly and welcoming and the hostel is located in a good spot within my favourite part of Paris

First night, I was staying in a 8 beds dorm, ensuite. I have little problem with toilet and hot shower. Second night in a 3 beds dorm. I wonder why that I have to pay more for this room because the 8 beds dorm looks so much better and ensuit. The shower is another building and the toilet on my floor is bad. However, I kind of like the atmosphere of this hostel. Maybe because the staff are friendly and I feel very much welcome.

The wifi didn't work on any of the four days I was there in early April. They did offer 30 minutes of free computer time, but it would have been nice if they seemed to make any effort to fix the wifi. Travelers especially depend on the Internet! Breakfast was good but one day I accidentally overslept and arrived at 10:05 and even though there was still food out and people eating, I was told I couldn't have any. Even if I could have had a croissant for the road, I would have been fine with that.

All the hostels you'll find in Paris are in the same area, which is Montmartre. It's far from the city center, but it's close to the Sacre Coeur Basilica, and the neighbourhood itself is very unique. The staff is great, breakfast is good, but wi-fi and shower sucks.

It's a good place, but i must say that they don't have an elevator. Clean, good breakfast, good staff. It`s not the ideal location, but you have the metro three blocks from the place.

The breakfast was outstanding! The location is also very good: very close to the metro and walking distance to the Sacre-Coeur.

Loved our time at Le Montclair! Desk staff was very helpful, rooms were clean and very nice. Great location also!

• 21st Mar 2014

One bathroom for 15 or so people. mixed bathrooms. it was torture. even in single rooms the toilet was shared. the washroom facilities need improving.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Pakistan

I had such a good stay here,the downsides were staying on the 5th floor with wifi and everything else on the ground floor so when you forget something you have to all the way back up and down again. That and the showers were at times a little tricky. The staff were all very friendly especially Leonardo (I hope that I remembered his name correctly) who was usually at the front desk, he was happy to answer all my questions and always had a smile on which is always a plus.

The hostel is ok, has a good breakfast. What i did not like was that the room was quite small (a 3 bed room, that should be a 2 bed room), and the fact that we were in the fifth floor and there was no elevator. The night staff was cool, but the spanish girl that worked in the morning had no intention in helping people and even though she spoke spanish she never said that, so he had a lot of people thinking she could only speak frenk or english. There are better hostels in the area.

Thank you for the comment! You were upgraded for a better room, smaller but with less people in the room. All our staff have a badge with the languages that they speak so its easy to see if the speak your language or not.

It is a little out from the city centre (a couple of stops on the train) but we didn't find this to be an issue

• 12th Mar 2014

Hostel was fine for our 2 night stay, good location right ny the Metro making it very easy to get around.

Hello! We appreciate your comment! We'd love to have you back soon!

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at your hostel. Thanks for everything!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

no hot water in shower, even when following staff instructions. no WiFi in rooms, and unreliable wifi in the lobby. the staff was very hit or miss, with some being super nice, and others being incredibly rude. on the positive side, it is in a very good location, close to a metro stop. also, the rooms were very well maintained and cleaned. but overall, I would say it's not worth your money, even with a discount.

• 9th Mar 2014

Thank you for your comment ! We provide hot water 24/7 if you had a problem you should've let us know to help you out