Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

Hostel was very calm too calm for me not much going on, the staff was pretty cool. Kitchen on every floor. Breakfast is just toast and cereal. The roof top was nice to hangout on. Location is basic but I found it hard to find everytime I wanted to come back. It was okay, wasn't a great experience.

The staff were very friendly and helpful during my stay. For instance, my reservation wasn't showing up in the system, but they still worked with me to make sure I would have a room. I would say that my only issue with the place would have to be the bathrooms; it took a lot of effort to slide open the door to the men's bathroom on the second floor and the bathrooms in general were very narrow and offered little privacy. I would have liked to seen a sign that said to not close the bathroom door.

Had a great stay with extremely friendly staffs. I didn't expect a lot since the price was so cheap, but it was way much better than I expected. There is also a nice restaurant with cheap price right next to the hostel, where I've gone 4times.

I had a great time. The staff was lovely and recommended lots of things for me to do. They also gave easy directions to get to the hostel from the airport. The other guests were pretty cool as well and it was nice to just "chill out." Bathrooms were a little tiny and the walls were pretty thin, but if you stay in a hostel you aren't really looking for an upscale place to spend the night anyways.

• 16th Apr 2015

Pros: Very friendly staff, pretty rooms with big enough lockers, access to room with a keycard, well equiped kitchen Cons: Lots of mould everywhere, small bathroom

the hostel was a little "too" chill. I booked a female dorm (and paid more for it)& they tried to stick 2 boys in the room with me. when I was offended, the staff acted like it was my fault but eventually moved the boys to a private room. the rooms were nice& as described. the wifi is poor in the rooms& really only works downstairs. there is major construction going on and it's early in the AM. I booked a surfing lesson with the hostel and was stood up by the guide. only 1 bathroom for girls.

The staff is extremely helpful and honestly one of the only reasons I liked the place. Also, the breakfast is good. The location is decent. Not the most central but in the city centre anyway. Easily accessible if you are using the metro. Two things which I strongly advise: 1. I got a room on the first floor which is adjacent to the kitchen. Either they need to have a time to close the kitchen or ask them to give you another room. 2. Bathrooms NEED to be redesigned and renovated too!

Very friendly staff, free breakfast, clean and nice rooms, wifi... It was a great stay and all at a very reasonable price. At a walking distance from Lisboa center, but plan 30 minutes to get there from the hostel. Another option is taking the metro, which is at maybe 10 minutes from the hostel. Don't hesitate to book a room there if you have the chance.

• 20th Mar 2015

nice hostel in a good location. but parties every evening/night. mostly teenagers. toilets and shower were to small and always wet on the floor.

The girl's bathroom on first floor is just too small (plus people don't know how to not get eveything wet). Breakfast was ok. Noisy bunk beds...

I dont know about the other people, but Ive had a bad stayed in this hostel. An advice: dont take any room in the 1st floor... it is SO NOISY!! Before midnight is impossible to sleep, a lot of people talking on the aisle, the rooms are near by living room, and people plays foosball at night and again, is impossible to sleep... ANYWAY, just if you want rest early... The other problem is about the bedroom and the bathroom, both are SO TIGHT!!! It is really hard to change clothes, dont have space..

the hostel is ok. the location is not really central and you can´t cook in the kitchens as there are no stoves, but the house is really nice and the view from the top balcony is as well. its cheap and chilled-out :)

Nice place, very clean. Only the bathrooms are veeety small, but it's a good place to stay:)

I love the lisbon chillout hostel. They have a great atmosphere, a big free breakfast, free coffee and tea all day, tours, activities, and events planned for the guests, and for those who decided to join, hostel based activities. The staff is amazing and really has the "chillout" vibe, and all are willing to hang out with the guests... The hostel is centrally located, yet far enough away from noise that you will have an easy time going to sleep

• 11th Feb 2015

Friendliest and most welcoming hostel that I've been to in a long long time- this place exactly captures the spirit of what a hostel should be. I will long remember my stay, and hope that I can return there soon.

The staff makes us guests feel very welcome, they are really friendly and helpful, making sure you are included and happy!

• 5th Feb 2015