Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

Rooms are clean but the facilities should be improved. There is literally no space to move within the toilet.

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Really cute hostel, bright and spacious.

Lovely stay, would definitely stay again staff were really helpful and welcoming :)

Best place to stay! Good location, clean and cozy accommodation with a great garden where you can BBQ's and drinks. Also there is Wifi available.

Even better the second time around! New bathrooms are looking great, and the atmosphere is still homely and friendly. Loved the nights spent in the garden, chatting up to other travellers and staff members. A second home, for sure!

• 20th Jun 2014

We had an amazing time at the Lisbon Chill out Hostel. Great staff, superbe city, awesome food and the perfect atmosphere. We loved our 2pers. Bedroom, the facilities were clean and cosy we cant wait to come back for a week this august, one night was way too short!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • thysazevenbergen2262

as the name suggests a very chilled out vibe, everyone we met was having a good time. Nice social atmosphere on any floor, kitchen or common rooms. Loved the staff. Julia/natalia/23yrolditalian girl we love you ;) Great place to stay, up a massive hill, little bit shabby but all round good time, probably would stay again 👍 Showers n toilet kinda terrible (cold/tiny/broken doors) but it's the little things that count!

Really good hostel for the money you pay. It has a good vibe, friendly staff I had a good stay. The showers weren't to great but otherwise it was a good hostel

The staff at Chillout were very helpful and friendly, especially the manager who went o some trouble to find an activity for me. The first floor bathroom facilities were in bad condition but a refurbishment was planned in the very near future. Location was quite good except being at the top of a steep hill.

This hostel was a bit far from the city centre but generally pretty good except for the almost transparent shower screens which made things a bit uncomfortable when someone is trying to use the sink and can pretty much see you in the shower!

Our stay was okay. The staff ended up being kind of rude and not very helpful (except Andres!), as if they're all burnt out from working there. They told us wrong places for the walking tour, and the next day no guide showed up. They also gossiped about people staying or who had stayed at the hostel. Aside from that the atmosphere was okay, the common room is a nice plce to meet people but there was never any events planned like stated online. Girls bathrooms are awkwardly tiny with two people.

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in my whole trip. Even though I only planned staying there for 2 nights at first, I ended up staying there for more than a week ! They've got a terrace and more than one fully equipped kitchen which is a seller ! I loved everything in this hostel, it was really comfy and I met tons of wonderful people there. I have to add a word about the staff who are always smiling, talking to you and ready to help, thanks to all of you ! Amine H.

• 25th May 2014

Staff- The woman who appear to be the manager was very good. In fact she was excellent. Very impressive people skills and I could not speak highly enough of her. Also there was another guy who was extremely friendly and chatty and made for a good vibe. However, I found the other female staff to be unfriendly, unhelpful and at times rude. It was a little annoying that I would get up between 8-9am and the staff would be cleaning the toliets/showers and hallways- so the floor would be wet.

This hostel seemed to attract a good group of people. The atmopshere makes it very social. Also the staff is awesome, everyone was helpful and cool. I met the owner of the hostel herself, she was very personally involved and took time to get to know myself and the other guests. Overall this hostel lives up to it´s name and if i where to visit Lisbon again i would go there.

The facilities at this hostel were not great. Shared bathroom on level two for the ladies was in poor condition. Only one toilet for the whole level and was in the same room as the two showers, very inconvenient. Beds were comfortable. We found the staff to be fairly uninterested in helping us. Not sure if they were just having an off day but every question we had for them seemed like it was a bother to help us out. You can probably find better in lisbon for the same price.

Fantastic international staff, very good location, neat and clean place..everything you need from a hostel. totally recommended

• 20th May 2014
  • Greece

Perfect location, near to the metro station and main tourist attractions. Friendly Staff and also good value for money. Amazing experience. Really recommend to friends.

Nice atmosphere! Helpful and polite staff! I totally recommend it!

All the staff were very friendly and helpul. The bathroom upstairs was not very clean, too small and the shower needed repair.

chillout hostel is definitely a chillout hostel. The staff are nice and the people that i met were nice also. I was with my two other mates at the time so i was drawn to the night life of lisbon. If i was with a girlfriend i would probably not take her there just because its a bit rough at times, other then that it was fine.

• 20th May 2014