MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was pleasantly surprised to find the hostel to be more of a hotel. Staff was very helpful with all our questions, and the coupons in the front for tours and museums came in handy. The rooms were very nice and clean, but confusing that we booked a 5 bed mixed room but were placed in a 3 bed mixed room. Either way it worked out and was a great stay.

Very nice, but also very expensive. Great if you need to be near the airport, but not so good if you want to visit the city center.

I booked a 5 bed dorm but they put me in a 7 bed room instead without offering me a refund, they only changed it to a 4 bed room when I insisted. Room itself was nice, a bit small but the facilities were modern and clean. Location is not very good, outside the centre with pretty much nothing around apart from office buildings. Trains to the central station however run regularly. For that location I found it a bit too expensive (compared to hostels in the centre).

This is about a 15 min bus ride from the Amsterdam central but overall worth the stay. The space was great and clean. The only downfall is that this is actually a hotel that offers "shared" rooms. So it is not an average hostel atmosphere, more of a hotel as there are families EVERYWHERE

This time I share a room with 3 more guys and it was very comfortable and clean. Facilities are fantastic but the washing machine and drier were broken. Only one machine for the whole hotel, guess people never wash anything. I think the location is not bad afterall, the station is well served by buses, tram, subway and sprinter train. It is also closer to Rotterdam.

Very nice clean room with comfortable bed and great shower. Wifi was poor and pool table was always being used for food!

this hostel was a bit out from the centre of the city. it's one train stop away from amsterdam centraal station- either a 15 minute bus ride away or a 5 minute train ride away. but other than that it's a great place to stay- it was pretty much a hostel with hotel features. great bathroom/shower, comfy beds, clean towels and sheets. great value for money!

More a hotel with shared rooms than a hostel! No complaints with the staff, room or cleanliness. Location maybe a downside as you have to get a train into Central Amsterdam. Only minor complaint, breakfast charged at extra €7.90 each, this seemed a bit steep given the price of the room. Overall great place to stay.

I was a bit disappointed because the room wasn't as clean as I expected, there was a complete mess left by previous guests, but he ensuite and common areas were in perfect conditions. The location is not the best but the city center is easy to reach by bus or train and even by bike (it's a 20 mins ride). Besides the mess and the location I will definitely book here again or recommend it.

Enjoyed my 2 night stay here and really don't have any complaints. The only thing I can think of is that breakfast isn't included in your stay and is slightly pricey (8€ I think). That being said the breakfast selection was amazing. The hostel is also conveniently located within sight of the sloterdijk station, so its easily linked to the rest of the city.

• 11th Aug 2014

Great location for those coming by bus or using airport. Breakfast is awesome as well! Staff is nice. A little bit pricey so personally I will pick another hostel to stay in case I don't arrive late and am not obliged to leave early.

A bit off centered, though two seconds away from the station that leads you to centraal within 9 minutes by train/15 minutes by bus. This is an Hotel, so it doesn't have the hostel atmosphere and breakfast is not included (7 Euros), but you'll have all the hotel comfort. The staff is very cool and helpful, there are lifts that leads to floors (very rare isn't it? so GLORYYYYY:)))), rooms are clean, clear and comfy and the kitchen + the common room are well equiped with a baby foot table and so.

Dear guest, Thank you for your lovely comment! We really appreciate our lifts and are happy to read that you did as well:) Hope to welcome you here again some time! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Every dorm has an own toilet and shower... The staff is friendly.. buuuuut its a mix between hostel and hotel... there are lots of people who are not backpacking and not interested in meeting other people... lot of families... and its huuuuge... to big... at night there is nothing really going on at the bar... its def not a hostel feeling what you have there... you can hope that you have fun roommates and then you can still enjoy the stay with the nice shower... Amsterdam is a lil bit far away..

Great location close to railway station. Not much in the way of cooking facilities. Kitchen near bar area meant smoke and cooking smells going all over bar. Washing machine not working Staff member on check-in not particularly nice to my wife saying that children not allowed in mixed dorms and we were lucky they had a room available for us. Odd therefore that I was allowed to book the room online and had to provide my children's ages when doing so.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Wales

All round an excellent experience, would stay with you again in a heartbeat. Thank You!

• 8th Aug 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it and hope to welcome you again soon! Warm regards, MeiningerAmsterdam

My stay in the hostel was really good It is not located in the city centre but the connections are very good It looks like a hotel The bedrooms also are good and clean. The breakfast is ok The staff very kind and helpful I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to stay in Amsterdam Maybe the best hostel i have ever been

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Everything was excellent but its not a hostel to party and ir is not ideal to meet people Its very far from the downtown so if you want to parte you have to leave early to the hostel ir leave very late justo to wait for the train

More of a hotel then a hostel . You must take the train to get to downtown. They've took my towel but managed to give one back. No atmosphere. Pretty good spot to sleep. If you're into meeting new people, don't go there otherwise I recommend it.

Dear guest, Thank you for leaving your reply here, we hope that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to see you again some other time! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

great room, helpful and beautiful reception staff

• 3rd Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel, exactly like a hotel but with a few more people in the room. The staff were very busy, as we stayed over Gay Pride, but they were accommodating. The communal kitchen was kept really clean by all the guests and was a pleasure to use. The bar area was lovely to chill out in and we ordered pizza to the hostel one evening and the staff showed the delivery person where we were. Toilet and shower facilities were spotless, beds made when we arrived and really secure lockers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7