MEININGER Amsterdam City West

8.7
Fabulous 3789 Total Reviews

• India, Male, 25-30
20th May 2017

we 5 friends stayed for 3 nights. Luckily got 6 bed en-suite which was our personal. Its located just beside the Sloterdijk station which is very handy. You are in central in just 15 mins. Stay was pleasant. Could have been better if they had some couches for late night fun.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
19th May 2017

Very nice and clean hotel. My only issue was the fact that in my 4 person mixed dorm room, my bed was directly next to another person's bed. Like, we are pretty much sleeping together. This is fine for two friends, but very awkward for two strangers. I would have appreciated knowing before booking the room that I could be sleeping next to literally anyone, male or female, particularly in terms of my sense of security as a woman.

19th May 2017
6.6

It's far from the central area you have to take a train. The train station its only 2 mins away from this hostel . You have to look up for the last train station is going back usually it's around 1:40 am is the last one. The reception has a transportation tickets. It's really clean and comfortable bed. They even give you a towel . Would recommend this to a one who will not have problems with going to the hotel early at night.

• Romania, Female, 18-24
17th May 2017

I had a really great stay at MEININGER! I was there only for two nights in order to attend a conference so I needed a place where I can leave my stuff & have a good night rest. The vibe of the hostel is great, everything was better than I expected. I booked a bed in a 5-bed mixed dorm and when I got there I got a place in a room with 4 beds & we were only girls there - bingo! I left my belongings in the locker without locking it, as I felt it was safe. One big bonus is the big & clean bathroom:)

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th May 2017
7.1

This place was a hotel and defiantly not a hostel. There wasn't a great atmosphere nobody mixed together. It's over an hour work to the city centre, however you can hop on the train which is a 2 minute walk away. The kitchen is great though and they also have washing machines/dryers.

• Haiti, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017

Really nice place to stay. The location is perfect especially if you are using the train station. The staff is very kind and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay there :).

• USA, Male, 41+
11th May 2017

We were pleased with the location right next to the train station. The property was more like a high end hotel instead of a hostel. The bathroom was very nice with lots of room. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was very good. This was my first hostel experience and while the novelty of having strangers in the bedroom took a little getting used to, the property did a good job of matching us up so there were no issues. I would stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th May 2017

Was nice enough to be bumped up to a 3-bed dorm, with no one else staying whilst I was there. Hostel was very clean. Only downside would be the location, as trains stopped running back to the nearest station after 1:30. But that's not due to the hostel's fault.

11th May 2017

I enjoyed my stay very much! For me it was all about the staff that made the difference! They were so helpful explaining directions and getting Mr where I needed to go!

7th May 2017

Full of highschool students and even younger. Not sure if it was field trip week but it was busy.