MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

More like a hotel than a hostel. Toilets, staff, rooms, wifi all great! Location ok. We had an issue with bookings as we booked another night while staying there and were told there was only a private room available but would allow us to book at dorm price. But when we came back to our room there was a random man was in our room. The man eventually sorted it out and with reception and didn't come back. Still, we had personal items lying around that would have been put away had we known.

facility was nice and clean. but washing machine was out of order and i cant use it for 3days. everything except that was nice.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Great facilities. Good room layout (dorm). NOT in the heart of Amsterdam, which i found great because it gives you air and space to breathe, sit back and relax. Which is precisely what you need. Only down side is the single washing machine in building

I was pleasantly surprised to find the hostel to be more of a hotel. Staff was very helpful with all our questions, and the coupons in the front for tours and museums came in handy. The rooms were very nice and clean, but confusing that we booked a 5 bed mixed room but were placed in a 3 bed mixed room. Either way it worked out and was a great stay.

Second time staying here, first was on a double room, this time a private single . Room was very clean, will definitely stay again next time I visit amsterdam

Very nice, but also very expensive. Great if you need to be near the airport, but not so good if you want to visit the city center.

Great hostel clean, friendly and positioned next to the metro station on stop away from Amsterdam Central.

I booked a 5 bed dorm but they put me in a 7 bed room instead without offering me a refund, they only changed it to a 4 bed room when I insisted. Room itself was nice, a bit small but the facilities were modern and clean. Location is not very good, outside the centre with pretty much nothing around apart from office buildings. Trains to the central station however run regularly. For that location I found it a bit too expensive (compared to hostels in the centre).

This is about a 15 min bus ride from the Amsterdam central but overall worth the stay. The space was great and clean. The only downfall is that this is actually a hotel that offers "shared" rooms. So it is not an average hostel atmosphere, more of a hotel as there are families EVERYWHERE

This time I share a room with 3 more guys and it was very comfortable and clean. Facilities are fantastic but the washing machine and drier were broken. Only one machine for the whole hotel, guess people never wash anything. I think the location is not bad afterall, the station is well served by buses, tram, subway and sprinter train. It is also closer to Rotterdam.

Very nice clean room with comfortable bed and great shower. Wifi was poor and pool table was always being used for food!

this hostel was a bit out from the centre of the city. it's one train stop away from amsterdam centraal station- either a 15 minute bus ride away or a 5 minute train ride away. but other than that it's a great place to stay- it was pretty much a hostel with hotel features. great bathroom/shower, comfy beds, clean towels and sheets. great value for money!

More a hotel with shared rooms than a hostel! No complaints with the staff, room or cleanliness. Location maybe a downside as you have to get a train into Central Amsterdam. Only minor complaint, breakfast charged at extra €7.90 each, this seemed a bit steep given the price of the room. Overall great place to stay.

I was a bit disappointed because the room wasn't as clean as I expected, there was a complete mess left by previous guests, but he ensuite and common areas were in perfect conditions. The location is not the best but the city center is easy to reach by bus or train and even by bike (it's a 20 mins ride). Besides the mess and the location I will definitely book here again or recommend it.

Enjoyed my 2 night stay here and really don't have any complaints. The only thing I can think of is that breakfast isn't included in your stay and is slightly pricey (8€ I think). That being said the breakfast selection was amazing. The hostel is also conveniently located within sight of the sloterdijk station, so its easily linked to the rest of the city.

Great location for those coming by bus or using airport. Breakfast is awesome as well! Staff is nice. A little bit pricey so personally I will pick another hostel to stay in case I don't arrive late and am not obliged to leave early.

A bit off centered, though two seconds away from the station that leads you to centraal within 9 minutes by train/15 minutes by bus. This is an Hotel, so it doesn't have the hostel atmosphere and breakfast is not included (7 Euros), but you'll have all the hotel comfort. The staff is very cool and helpful, there are lifts that leads to floors (very rare isn't it? so GLORYYYYY:)))), rooms are clean, clear and comfy and the kitchen + the common room are well equiped with a baby foot table and so.

Dear guest, Thank you for your lovely comment! We really appreciate our lifts and are happy to read that you did as well:) Hope to welcome you here again some time! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Every dorm has an own toilet and shower... The staff is friendly.. buuuuut its a mix between hostel and hotel... there are lots of people who are not backpacking and not interested in meeting other people... lot of families... and its huuuuge... to big... at night there is nothing really going on at the bar... its def not a hostel feeling what you have there... you can hope that you have fun roommates and then you can still enjoy the stay with the nice shower... Amsterdam is a lil bit far away..

Great location close to railway station. Not much in the way of cooking facilities. Kitchen near bar area meant smoke and cooking smells going all over bar. Washing machine not working Staff member on check-in not particularly nice to my wife saying that children not allowed in mixed dorms and we were lucky they had a room available for us. Odd therefore that I was allowed to book the room online and had to provide my children's ages when doing so.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Wales

All round an excellent experience, would stay with you again in a heartbeat. Thank You!

• 8th Aug 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it and hope to welcome you again soon! Warm regards, MeiningerAmsterdam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7