MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a chain hotel/hostel which provides good value for money. All the facilities are top class! The only con is location: though it's really convenient to get to/from the airport, there's absolutely nothing of any interest in this area. Not even a supermarket around. Since it's a chain hotel-like hostel, don't expect any special backpacker's atmosphere here. However, it's a good place to stay.

It's a great hostel! The best I've ever been. Beautiful, modern, clean, with a good location... The only problem is their late check-in. I arrived at 10:30AM after all night traveling and their check-in is at 3PM. Luckly the staff is very kind and helpful and they maneged to clen the room faster and allow me to sleep a little. Great place!

The train station is a short 2 min walk, takes about 7-10min to Amsterdam Central. Rooms were very clean and atmosphere was very nice. Staff was friendly and provided lots of source and materials to get around the city. Train was limited for late saturday/sunday arrivals so plan ahead if you are trying to get back to the hostel

Location is 1 stop away from central station by train. But you can get to hostel from central station by bus. It takes 15 min. It would be bothering if someone wants to walk around central! Staff was friendly. They answer my questions kindly, in detail whenever I ask them

Although this hostel's location was a little far from main street and sightseeing site, I would recommend Meininger Amsterdam, cause except location problem, all other things were nice and the room was so clean!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Really a great place. The only downside is the location but it's easily solved by taking a bus or train, it's not that big of a deal.

the location could be good if you would like to stay near a train station. There are not much to do around the hostel You also have to pay transportation fees to go to the most places, which I hated most. If you would like to stay near the attraction, this hostel is not a good one to choose.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Meininger. It´s a large hostel, but still very organized and clean. We used the common areas and the kitchen and I think i´ve never seen a hostel kitchen that organized! It´s not walking distance from the main atractions, but it´s right beside a train station (one stop from central station). The staff was friendly, but always seemed too busy to help.

Great little hostel right near the main city. Place was super clean, full of lovely people, and not too loud. Definitely recommend.

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! Hope to see you again in one of our hotels across Europe. Greetings from Amsterdam

It first looked quite clean, but actually staffs didn't cleaned properly. Even two days have passed after some travelers left, staffs didn't clean travelers' leftovers. Basic facilities were good, but keen conciousness for cleanliness wasn't in amsterdam city west.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Well first of all it's a very nice hostel and I did enjoy my stay very much, there were just certain things that would make me reconsider staying here again. First of all in my room, the bathroom constantly smelt like urine, even after the cleaning. The staff were very slow at their jobs it seemed and didn't really help me in showing me where places are or what to do. They were too overwhelmed with guests. And the location is literally not close to anything besides the train station.

Very nice hostel, good facilities. Breakfast was very expensive, though. And you needed to take a bus or train to go downtown. But it was a good stay overall.

Rooms are clean and new. It will be a good choice to stay this hotel, absolutely !

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place is super cool! Totally recommended!

The location is not at the city center, but it's very convenient to take bus, metro and train to city center. There are free towels everyday and clean the room everyday. They also equipped with shampoo and hair drier which are very sweet for a hostel ! It's the best hostel I ever stayed.

I would recommend this place to ANYONE. I've visited Amsterdam once before and stayed in a very central hotel so was skeptical to do anything else but so happy we chose this place. I read a lot of reviews complaining it was a 'little far out' it is literally a 5 minute train journey to and from Centraal. And the station is a minute walk from the hostel! I don't know why it's called a hostel, it was nothing short of a hotel, clean, comfy, great location, stupid cheap! Will stay again!!!

• 9th Jan 2015

Any time I asked the staff questions they answered but seemed reluctant to help. There were only 2 staff members I spoke to that seemed like they wanted to be there, which was not a good start to my stay. This place has a hotel rather than a hostel atmosphere, which, is definitely not ideal for someone travelling alone. Everyone kept to themselves and were disinterested or awkward when you tried talking to them. In addition, the location is far from central station.

it was really clean and comfortable and the best thing is the price. Although it cost only 16Euro(it was promotion price) for one bed per 6 bed room, it was clean and has a pretty wide shower booth and a suitable toilet. There is a private locker so that you can keep your valuables safely. But, you should know that you need to bring your lock with you if you want to use them.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Nice hotel! Modern facility. Super friendly staff! Our bathroom has not been cleaned properly though. It seams that the hotel in general is clean though. Kind of out of town but right next to the train station and bus station. If you come from central station, take the bus number 48, it takes you right to the big station at the hotel.

• 4th Jan 2015

Bathrooms and showers so close to the beds is always going to be a little annoying making it difficult to use them at late hours. Otherwise there were some beds that lacked as much privacy as others but that was the worst of it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5