MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was very friendly. Even though we arrived early in the morning, we could put our Luggage in the Luggage room. The location is great: close by a train and metro station, so you can get to the city centre in no time. We hired bikes. You can easily ride from the city centre to the hostel: it's only a 20 minute bike ride away!

This is a great hostel. It's clean like a hotel but has the friendly vibes like a hostel. It's one 5 minute metro stop away from Amsterdam and probably walking distance if you're up for the challenge or navigating yourself there. Definitely recommend this place and would stay again.

I had a great stay, it wasn't as close to the city as I would have wanted but it was okay. The dorms could have been a little bigger for the price. Overall I had a great stay and everything was clean.

Overweight manager lady was pretty rude. Her colleagues would ask her a question in English for me and she would respond in Dutch so I wouldn't know what she was saying. Not cool. Negative undertone,always seemed unhappy. Poor her I guess, I'm in Amsterdam! :) :) PS: Hotel looks like a freaking 4 star hotel. seriously surprised. Don't let her stop you! :)

A nice gigantic place in the middle of nowhere, anywhere would have been better.

Very friendly staff, clean, good facilities. Location is a little far from the city centre but it's very well connected by public transport.

Meininger is more like hotel then hostel...excellent security, excellent facilities and very clean...if this three things is important for you....then meininger is your excellent choice for you.

Great Hostel would highly recommend it! We got upgraded for free which made our trip even better. The hostel is one stop from Grand Central Station (about 5 mins via train). I would highly recommend this hostel! We didn't deal with the staff to often but they were helpful.

Nice atmosphere but a little far away from the city center. Very noisy at night as well. We had problems to sleep tight

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

really nice! staffs are really kind and funny. they were always smilling to cumstomers. and the location is good, too.

Was pleased with the whole experience. Location a bit out of the way if trains don't work (as it happend on the day of my stay). Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm. Everything was greatLarge hotel - different age groups, lots of teenagers on school trips. Great facilities. Very clean. Breakfast was ok. Big lockers in room but you have to bring your own padlock. They even have a kinchenette wher you can cook your own food. On the whole I had a great stay. Only minus is the location.

the only drawback of this hostel is that it is pretty far away from the city, but the train and bus station are pretty close by. the hostel is one of the best place i stayed during my trip. there Bar is one of there best USPs.,

Impressive about the standard of quality together with the price level. Helpful staff, simple and stylish design, spacious room, but reasonable price.

Everyone was very friendly.....important when one is is a strange land........thanks!!!!!!!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Really lovely, modern and clean hostel. The only downside is that it isn't right in the centre of town, however it's only a 5 minute train ride (about 5 EUR return), and you can apparently bike it in 15 minutes, or take the tram or bus.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Me and my three friends had a pleasant 3 nights stay at Meininger. Amazing location, 5 min far from central station (which is in the city center) The room overall looked clean and nice however bed sheets were a bit nasty and never changed during our stay.

This is more of a hotel than a hostel which it is up to you to decide whether is a good or bad thing. Very clean, large, comfortable rooms with the best shower I have ever seen in a hostel. Great breakfast in the morning for $7.50 or so. It is a train or bus ride from town which can add up or about 20 minutes on a bike. But the price was very reasonable. Very fast internet. If you're looking for a funky local hostel this is not for you though.

I considered the price was too high for the type of room I received.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Peru

Front desk staff were very friendly and great. Staff in the bar were ok. Facilities were very nice and very clean. Location is a little outside city center so don't expect to walk out the door and have lots of options for food, activities, etc, but it is literally right next to the train station which is very convenient. I loved my single private ensuite room. Very clean and a great, efficient use of space in the room. No problems with noise either. Overall a good experience here.

Really liked this place and would like to stay at another Meininger! Glad wifi was in rooms too, and only would've liked to see free breakfast... even if just cereal or fruit or toast or something small, but I am still ok without that option as the price was really low considering the quality overall!

• 8th Mar 2015

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Meininger and hope to welcome you again soon in any of our hostels around Europe! Greetings from Amsterdam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5