MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is bad, kinda far to the city centre. Also i had something of sentimental value stolen from me from the cleaning staff. So lock up all your valuables, even little things you don't really care about.

Room door didn't close properly so it was often left slightly open during the day. Bed was not made and sheets had a red stain that looked like blood. It is far from city centre, but accessible by a 5 minute train. Common area was decent but the bar and breakfast were overpriced.

your hostel is more like a hotel than a hostel. the inhabitants are much highschool group and not traveller. breakfast price is outrageous expensive, and for the number of rooms, only 1 washing machine and 1 drying machine.

Loved it, really added to Amsterdam experience. Thanks for everything

I've travelled the world over, and this is the first time I've stayed at a MEININGER hostel. I have to say, it's the cleanest, most efficient, and overall, nicest hostel I've ever stayed at anywhere. Most of the staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was basic, but for the price, I can't complain. It was good. I've had much worse in 3 star hotels. At the time of staying, finding the entrance was difficult, but it's an easy train ride into Amsterdam Central, and about 20 mins by bus.

• 15th Sep 2014

Fantastic place to stay. its outside the city centre but its right beside the train station so very easy to get there. rooms were very clean and nice. staff were friendly. definitely would recommend this place. I'm staying here again next time i go to Amsterdam

This is outside the city center, but it's easy to get to central by either metro or tram. Rooms were very clean and looked more as a hotel than a hostel. My only gripe is that it's hard to meet new people in the common area as the tables are individually set-up. If you want a laid-back experience, I'd definitely stay here.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Toilets, staff, rooms, wifi all great! Location ok. We had an issue with bookings as we booked another night while staying there and were told there was only a private room available but would allow us to book at dorm price. But when we came back to our room there was a random man was in our room. The man eventually sorted it out and with reception and didn't come back. Still, we had personal items lying around that would have been put away had we known.

facility was nice and clean. but washing machine was out of order and i cant use it for 3days. everything except that was nice.

Second time staying here, had a great time will almost definitely be using this hotel/hostel again.

The most comfortable I've ever stayed.

• 5th Sep 2014

It's a brilliant hostel! There was a slight mix up with the rooms, however the helpful an efficient staff sorted it straight away! All the staff are friendly and te location has good links into the centre. It was a great place to meet people and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great facilities. Good room layout (dorm). NOT in the heart of Amsterdam, which i found great because it gives you air and space to breathe, sit back and relax. Which is precisely what you need. Only down side is the single washing machine in building

Really lovely room, like staying in a hotel, slightly out of city centre

I was pleasantly surprised to find the hostel to be more of a hotel. Staff was very helpful with all our questions, and the coupons in the front for tours and museums came in handy. The rooms were very nice and clean, but confusing that we booked a 5 bed mixed room but were placed in a 3 bed mixed room. Either way it worked out and was a great stay.

Second time staying here, first was on a double room, this time a private single . Room was very clean, will definitely stay again next time I visit amsterdam

Very nice, but also very expensive. Great if you need to be near the airport, but not so good if you want to visit the city center.

Great hostel clean, friendly and positioned next to the metro station on stop away from Amsterdam Central.

I booked a 5 bed dorm but they put me in a 7 bed room instead without offering me a refund, they only changed it to a 4 bed room when I insisted. Room itself was nice, a bit small but the facilities were modern and clean. Location is not very good, outside the centre with pretty much nothing around apart from office buildings. Trains to the central station however run regularly. For that location I found it a bit too expensive (compared to hostels in the centre).

This is about a 15 min bus ride from the Amsterdam central but overall worth the stay. The space was great and clean. The only downfall is that this is actually a hotel that offers "shared" rooms. So it is not an average hostel atmosphere, more of a hotel as there are families EVERYWHERE

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7