MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Well first of all it's a very nice hostel and I did enjoy my stay very much, there were just certain things that would make me reconsider staying here again. First of all in my room, the bathroom constantly smelt like urine, even after the cleaning. The staff were very slow at their jobs it seemed and didn't really help me in showing me where places are or what to do. They were too overwhelmed with guests. And the location is literally not close to anything besides the train station.

Very nice hostel, good facilities. Breakfast was very expensive, though. And you needed to take a bus or train to go downtown. But it was a good stay overall.

Rooms are clean and new. It will be a good choice to stay this hotel, absolutely !

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place is super cool! Totally recommended!

The location is not at the city center, but it's very convenient to take bus, metro and train to city center. There are free towels everyday and clean the room everyday. They also equipped with shampoo and hair drier which are very sweet for a hostel ! It's the best hostel I ever stayed.

I would recommend this place to ANYONE. I've visited Amsterdam once before and stayed in a very central hotel so was skeptical to do anything else but so happy we chose this place. I read a lot of reviews complaining it was a 'little far out' it is literally a 5 minute train journey to and from Centraal. And the station is a minute walk from the hostel! I don't know why it's called a hostel, it was nothing short of a hotel, clean, comfy, great location, stupid cheap! Will stay again!!!

• 9th Jan 2015

Any time I asked the staff questions they answered but seemed reluctant to help. There were only 2 staff members I spoke to that seemed like they wanted to be there, which was not a good start to my stay. This place has a hotel rather than a hostel atmosphere, which, is definitely not ideal for someone travelling alone. Everyone kept to themselves and were disinterested or awkward when you tried talking to them. In addition, the location is far from central station.

it was really clean and comfortable and the best thing is the price. Although it cost only 16Euro(it was promotion price) for one bed per 6 bed room, it was clean and has a pretty wide shower booth and a suitable toilet. There is a private locker so that you can keep your valuables safely. But, you should know that you need to bring your lock with you if you want to use them.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Nice hotel! Modern facility. Super friendly staff! Our bathroom has not been cleaned properly though. It seams that the hotel in general is clean though. Kind of out of town but right next to the train station and bus station. If you come from central station, take the bus number 48, it takes you right to the big station at the hotel.

• 4th Jan 2015

Bathrooms and showers so close to the beds is always going to be a little annoying making it difficult to use them at late hours. Otherwise there were some beds that lacked as much privacy as others but that was the worst of it.

The only bad thing about this place is the location and even then, it could have been worse. It's not in the centre of amsterdam, so you have to take a 10 minute train to get there, which costs about €5 return. Apart from that it's probably the second best hostel I've stayed in (the first being their location in brussels)

Clean rooms, Good location and Excellent Atmosphere !!!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Didnt expect that it would be a hotel hostel . Have had a terrible hostel experience before I changed to meininger. So meininger was perfect to me. Nice bathroom, clean towel and linen. Was a bit scared about sharing room with 3 other guys in the same room. Turned out ,They were very nice and neat :-) Kinda expensive tho

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was pretty cool, the staff and the atmosphere were excellent, me and my boyfriend had a great time there. The breakfast-buffet is the best!! The beds really comfy and the bathroom clean.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Peru

I would totally book this place again for my next visit to Amsterdam! I'm very satisfied with the service and the staffs are all helpful! Thank God i chose this place 😊

It was perfect for me and my three friends traveling. It's literally a 2 minute walk from the train station. Very easy to get to and from Amsterdam. If you're planning on going out at night I would consider something right in the city as the trains don't run deep into the night. I was impressed by the rooms and bathroom in particular as they provide you with linens and shampoo/soap

• 28th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great facilities, awesome atmosphere and very kind staff.

This is not my first meininger experience and will not be the the last :) quality/price rate is always very good at meiningers.. i would recommend to my friends all the time. For Amsterdam, the hotel is a lit bit outside the city center but the train connections are just next to the hotel, so it won't be a problem with a daily ticket.

The experience with you all was awesome! I had a great stay and facilities were far beyond my expectations. Especially since this was my first time staying in a hostel. Great job!

• 23rd Dec 2014

It's a super hostel: tidy, with excellent facilities and friendly staff. It has a very good location, especially, if you want to get to the airport/from the airport fast.strongly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6