MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel with a central location next to sloterdijk train station roughly takes 12 minutes to Amsterdam Centraal on the sprinter train.

Dear guest We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay in Amsterdam. Hopefully we see you back again in the future! We wish you all the best, Kind regards, The MEININGER Team Amsterdam

Hostel is located 1 train stop for cost of about 5,50 Euros round trip away from the Amsterdam Central Station. It is located next door to the train station so you have a view and smells of trains and smoke stacks of industry. I smelled patroleum each night. Once passed the location and additional cost to get to the city centre, everything else about the hostel was wonderful! They had a fantastic shower! Best shower my whole trip! Great staff, great restaurant. Great facilities!

Dear guest, Thanks a lot for leaving such a nice review. Great to read that you and your friends had a nice time in Amsterdam and that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities at Meininger. Hopefully we see you back again in the future! All the best, Meininger team Amsterdam

This was just the 3rd hostel I have been to. Normally I go to hotels. But I have to say that this hostel looked like a hotel to me! Very very nice conditions! It is very far away from the center but we paid for a 48h transportation ticket and it worked perfectly! Amsterdam has an amazing and organized transportation system. By far the best trip and conditions I had outside my country!

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for your awesme review. We appreciate all feedback we get and have passed on your kind words to ur staff. We hope to see you again next time you visit Amsterdam. All the best, MEININGER TEAM Amsterdam

I had an awesome experience here! It's located directly beside the train station, one stop away from the Red Light District. 2 stops away from the airport. The staff was extremely helpful. I love that the wifi worked great! I would definitely stay here again. I have zero complaints!

• 16th Jan 2016

Dear Guest, Dear guest, Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay at our hotel and that you liked the facilities and services that we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It is great to read that you are thinking of staying with us again. It would be our pleasure! All the best and kind regards, MEININGER team

Hostel is very well set up and the staff were excellent. One draw back is distance from city centre, however it is easily accessed by public transport

Hi guys, Thanks a lot for leaving such a nice review. Great to read that you had a nice time in Amsterdam and that you enjoyed your stay at Meininger. Hopefully we see you back again in the future! All the best, Meininger team Amsterdam

Had a great time felt like home. Easy to catch the train or tram 12 into the tourist areas. Shower drain was blocked last night we stayed but other than that we loved it. Thank you

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your kind review! Hopefully we will see you again soon in Amsterdam. All the best, Meininger Team!

Great single room at good price if you want your own space. Not right in centre of town so very quiet, not a party hostel. Friendly staff, clean room, comfy bed, hot shower and fluffy towels, what more do you need!

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at MEININGER and we hope to welcome you again soon in any of our hostels around Europe! Warm regards, MEININGER Amsterdam

Great stay at Amsterdam. The hotel is very comfortable, next to public transports, with a great breakfast (you have to pay for it, but it's worth!).

More hostel events.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • bwoodss

Good location for me because I took a bus into the train station that the hostel sits by. Not the best atmosphere. Seemed like a lot of families staying there. The center of the city is a short bus ride away and you can buy tickets for it at the front desk. Meininger is a great chain of hostels I always stay here if I'm in a city there is one available.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your awesome review. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests as it helps us improve the quality of the hotel. We hope to see you next time you visit the hotel. All the best, MEININGER TEAM Amsterdam

Good place to stay for a short trip to Amsterdam, a little far from the centre but 5 minute train ride cancels that out. Rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. The security lockers were poor though, neither of my 2 combination padlocks would lock the door, so was pointless as you need your own. But other than that a good place!

Dear Guest, Thank you for feedback, we appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back again soon in Amsterdam. All the best.

The room was great and spacious, I was in a 4 bed mixed sharing and it didn't feel uncomfortable as I it would. It being right next to the Sloterdjik station helped tremendously.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon! All the best.

It never looked like a hostel, It was like a 3 star hotel

It's outside of the Amsterdam, staff are the way too rude.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback in order to improve our service. We are sorry to read that your stay wasn t as good as expected. However we hope you enjoyed your overall stay in Amsterdam. Kind regards.

We came in a small group to spend 3 days, and we all enjoyed the stay. Practical rooms, well sized. Nice atmosphere and amicable staff. Fred

• 31st Dec 2015

Dear Fred, Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and we would be happy to see you again at one of our hotels in Europe! All the best, The Meininger Team.

Warm welcome, very kind and helpful staff and loads of people to meet we had a fantastic stay here for New Year. I highly recommend the place for it's value for money and convenience, I would definitely come again. Very sweet (Columbian?) girl at reception :)

• 29th Dec 2015

Dear guest, What a awesome review! Thank you so much for all your kind words about our staff members and for taking your time to share the experience of your recent stay at the MEININGER Hotel in Amsterdam. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

THanks ! I really take some rest well!

Dear guest, Great to read you had a good rest! We are happy to welcome you back in the future. All the best.

I was well aware of the cancellation policy of Meininger Hostel. I needed to cancel and thus sent them a message on their website to request a cancellation. They never contacted me, and even worst, charged me for the room anyway.

Dear Guest, Thank you for leaving your review, we appreciate the feedback! We would like to inform you that in this case you have chosen the cancellation policy of Hostelworld; by choosing to book through this website, you automatically are restricted to their cancellation policies. Apart from that, all contact regarding cancellations and modifications are made through Hostelworld as well. We would like to recommend you to book through our own website next time as this will guarentee the most flexible cancellation policies. Kind regards, Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Nice and helpful staff, clean room, good facilities. Would recommend at any time :)

I would definitely recommend this hostel because of the high quality facilities, cleanliness and all of the functionality (tours, transport, car service, etc.). Anything you need the staff can help you with. Also the bar downstairs / restaurant makes up for the fact that it is a little ways from the centre. We took the bus into town everyday and it was a $20 euro taxi when coming home later at night. Highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7