MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Staff not very kind, a long way of, from the basic stuff in amsterdam, but very clean, excellent facilities.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Very close to the tram station "slaughterdijk" but no one mentioned the last train on a Saturday night to slaughterdijk leaves amsterdam at 2am and doesn't start again until 530 am. €24 euro cab if you make the same mistake we did. Also the entire tram system in amsterdam is a joke but that's not the hostels fault. Be warned.

• 24th Oct 2014

While the location was not ideal (about 20-25 minutes to Centraal Station by bus), the facilities and security were more than worth it, especially with such reasonable prices. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to take in the beautiful city of Amsterdam.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Meininger was great! the location is close to the station, thus easy to connect anywhere I go. the place is clean and the facilities are well maintained...well except the washing machine which didn't work when I was there for 3 days. but generally I was satisfied with overall in this hostel. the staffs are also helpful and friendly, despite there was large group was there when I was staying, they still had time to answer my endless and sometimes ridiculous questions ;)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

It's out of the centrum, and is right next to Sloterdijk station. The room I stayed in (an 8 bed mixed suite) was really nice for the money - it basically felt like an enlarged hotel room, with outlets next to beds and a little table with chairs in the middle. The bathroom was split into three - one room for a toilet, one room for a shower, and the sink was outside, in the living area. The atmosphere is very hotel-like, although there is a bar downstairs to meet people. Free food at 9 sometimes.

Although not that close to the city centreit was conveniant for transport links, felt it was quite a high tarrif but I don't know if this was because it was marathon weekend or whether this was always the case. Quite busy at reception and had to wait quite a long time on several occasions.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel was good, clean, and just one train stop from the city center. I felt it was overpriced for what it offered. I book pretty far in advance and still ended up paying around 115 euro, and breakfast was not even included. The hostel is nice, but I would think you would be able to do better elsewhere.

Great value for money. Location is okay, any late night adventures in the City Centre will require you take a cab. Otherwise, you can jump on the train which is located 5 minutes from the hostel.

The room and bathroom were super fine, more than I was expecting. A blondie girl at the reception was very kind and helpful. Breakfast is good but a little too expensive.

The staff where great but the organisation is poor and I witnessed people turned away that had booked , I was woken at 12:30 in the morning so a bed could be made for someone who had not booked a bed, no rational was given or apology for being woken. The WiFi did not work on the floor I was on. The best thing about the hostel was it is new.

I stayed in a female dorm. It was good. The room was clean. I feel like stay at hotel not a hostel.

My cousin and I stayed in a 5 person dorm for 3 nights. Very large, new and clean room. Far away from the city centre, but its beside the train station (1 stop from city centre). The unlimited transit pass does NOT include the intercity train, but its about a 30 min bus ride to the city centre. Good wifi connection in the rooms. Very nice and helpful staff. Breakfast was too expensive, so we didn't try it out. Not many restaurants in the area.

The location is not so near to go to Amsterdam central by walking and there's no many options to go around. However, is near from train, tram and bus. The staff and structure of Meininger hotel is fantastic as I was in Meininger Brussels. The atmosphere could be annoying, but this is not caused by the hostel itself; it used to appear lots of guys who sometimes don't respect the room mates. Instead, I would recommend this hostel, because I had a great time here!

Fantastic out of the madness of the City centre but only a 10 min bus or 5 min train for around 3€ or 7€ for 24 pass. Great breakfast aswell.

• 5th Oct 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind feedback! We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you here again soon! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

It was a pleasant stay but I would rather live in the city center of Amsterdam next time, taking train up and down from the hostel was costly and not practical if you plan to have a late night at the city with friends because most services end at around 12ish or 1am

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

It felt a lot like a regular hotel. The rooms with only 3 people are strange. It's better to have more people in a room. I would recommend this to people that have never been to a hostel and are nervous about trying it.

• 28th Sep 2014

Well, I think the price I paid was too high in relation for such a hostel-atmosphere with lots of teenager-groups in the lobby-area ... and the small shared room with strangers. But the bed and cleanliness in the room was very good ... as well as the hotel in general ('good').

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback and stay in our hotel! During weekend and high season, rates are always a bit higher so if it was too much for you, we recommend you to have a look at our rates during low season next time. We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and would like to welcome you again soon! (maybe in Winter?) :) Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Location is bad, kinda far to the city centre. Also i had something of sentimental value stolen from me from the cleaning staff. So lock up all your valuables, even little things you don't really care about.

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback! We are really sorry and shocked to hear that something got missing from your room! We always recommend to lock everything, as you were sleeping in a dorm and therefore all of your roommates have acces to your belongings otherwise. This is the main reasons we offer lockers in the rooms :) We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and hope to welcome you again some other time! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Room door didn't close properly so it was often left slightly open during the day. Bed was not made and sheets had a red stain that looked like blood. It is far from city centre, but accessible by a 5 minute train. Common area was decent but the bar and breakfast were overpriced.

Dear guest, Thank you for leaving your feedback here! We are sorry to hear that the cleaning wasnt done appropriately and that you door didnt close either. We hope that you have reported this to reception right away so they could deal with the issue and make everything alright for you as that is why we are there for:) we hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam in the end and always hope to welcome you again in any of our Meiningers! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

As usual the Meininger hostel was really good. Everything was clean and the staff was helpful. My only problem I was using a lock too thin for the lockers so you could still open the locker even if my lock was in it. As far as location goes it was easy to get to the city by train and was in a safe area but it would've been nice to be in walking distance. Minor issues I know :) everything else was great and I would defiantly book at the Meininger hostels... in any city!

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind review! We are happy that apart from the minor details everything was good for you:) Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7