MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A little different from most hostels, Meininger also offers full hotel facilities. The Amsterdam facility is away from Centraal Station but can be reached by tram, bus and night bus. The night bus is worse case and takes 30 minutes. The tram is quick. Excellent facility. Everything was new. Very hot showers. The dryer in the laundry was not working. Highly recommend. The room was quiet and did not hear anyone from another room.

• 18th Jul 2014

The best hostel where I've been in my trip around Europe. Perfect!

Very well-run hostel. I loved that you can rent bikes. It's a bit far from city centre but it's a short train ride or 15 minute bike ride away. I just wish their weekend rates weren't so expensive. They raise the prices quite high compared to the week.

Super clean hostel but the kitchen is ridiculously small for the size of the hostel. Made for some frustrating evenings.

Very confortable and clean, incredibly close to the train station, but it is closer to a hotel than to a hostel (which is not necessarily bad, of course)..

Good hostel, location is a bit out of the way but it's very easy to get into town from there. Atmosphere was more of a hotel than a hostel

Definitely worth it!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I just wish they put a space in between the beds esp. if it's not a private room. My roommate's knees kept going over my side of the bed. That was very uncomfortable, even though we're both female. That was the only negative in my experience but definitely unforgettable. Putting two twin beds right next to each other.... Wth!

Overall is good. Room is clean. I guess daily cleaning. But toilet a bit small.

This hostel is relatively good but way too expensive. I paid around 50€ for a bed in a dorm, which did not include breakfast and I even had to buy a locker for my little wardrobe... 5 more euros! Overpriced.

Dear guest, Thank you for leaving your comment with us. The prices of the stay are directly connected with the availability. Especially in Summer season, when Amsterdam is quite full with travelers, we always advise our guests to make the booking as soon as possible :) And we have lockers available at reception free of charge for your valuables of course. We really hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beauty of our city. Greetings from sunny Amsterdam!

Excellent facilities but 20 minutes by bus from Amsterdam Centraal station.

とてもきれいなビジネスホテルで一部をホステルとして開放しているようです。 場所は中央駅から10分ほどですが一日フリーパス外の電車で(往復4ユーロほど)徒歩では50分ほどかかるとのこと。ドラッグ不可の安全できれいなホステルを希望ならおすすめです。 キッチンもありますが二口しかないのでなかなか使えなさそうでした。 Everywhere is clean and safety. but every time staffs were looking busy and they made the customer waited. This is not hostel it's hotel. It's little hard to make friends.

Beautiful hostel one train stop away from Amsterdam center. Very easy to get to train and back.

• 1st Jul 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again in one of our Meiningers across Europe :) Greetings from Amsterdam

A comfortable stay and perfect location for awakenings festival. Wasn't happy about the additional tourist charge which I wasn't informed about. I had to change rooms every night that I stayed there

• 27th Jun 2014

Nice stay! We were disappointed that we did not get the room we booked. We had booked a room for 5 people, but was divided into two rooms. Apart from that we were happy with our stay.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

It's only one train stop away from the Amsterdam Central, which is not bad at all.. but 2.60 is a little expensive for the short train stop. Other than location, the price to stay there is a little steep compared to other hostels that you can get right in DT Amsterdam. But It was SUPER CLEAN and really comfortable.

• 26th Jun 2014

It's a good place to stay but for myself it was to crowded, especially in the cafeteria. The building feels like it used to be a hotel then was converted to a hostel, the rooms and hallways are nice though. Also, I felt like the breakfast was a bit expensive.

The hostel is more like a hotel. It is located away from the city center so you need to take a bus or the train into Amsterdam. Only takes 5 minutes by train so it's worth it for the reduction in price. The facilities are nice and updated. However during my stay the wifi was shutting off and back on.

Very clean, breakfast not worth €7, staff in bar were slow.

Dear guest, Thank you for writing down your review here! We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you here again in the future! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Definitely a good hostel. Location is good which can be reach by 10 mins from main station. Breakfast is available and it is good.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • India

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you here again in the future! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6