MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was the best hotel I've ever stayed. I stayed in too many different hostels in different countries but Meininger Hotel is the best hostel far away. Hotel is too clean and also cafeteria and leisure time area are also well-designed and lovely.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Turkey

It feels like hotel although it's dormitory. Easy to find, kind staffs, nice facilities..! Everything was good! But When I go to the central station, train was best but I could not use my 24hour ticket for bus, metro, tram.. In that case. That was only thing that I felt uncomfortable!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Very clean and modern hostel. Staff was very helpful and they offered plenty of information and recommendations of what to do in Amsterdam. As a solo traveller I would just say it's a bit too big to meet people as easily as a smaller hostel. But that being said there's a waking tour and pub crawl available to meet people. Location is a train stop about 7 minutes to city centre. Which didn't bother me but if you want to be right down in it I'd say stay around centraal.

I don't usually leave reviews on hotel/hostels but this one was fantastic. The wifi is brilliant and the location of the hostel is perfect (so close to the train station) staff are friendly and were extra helpful (even ordered us a pizza takeout one night too!) rooms are very clean. Would definitely stay here again!

This place is more like a hotel with dorm rooms than a hostel, which is fine for me but didn't help much for meeting other people. The bar downstairs was decent and a lot of people hung out there, but there were a lot of groups and it was still hard to meet people. Ensuite bathrooms were great and everything is cleaned daily. Biggest downside was the distance from the city center, but there's a rail station next door which makes it easy to get there. Great place!

I thought the hostel was great. I booked 2 x Triple rooms which were quite small but comfortable. The only let down for me during my whole stay was the breakfast! 7.90€ for continental breakfast I thought was a bit excessive. Really wanted some hot cooked food for breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages, beans etc). Aside from that, great hostel, great location, staff were very helpful and informative...all in all, great stay and would definitely come back again!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Meininger is great for the reason that it's comfortable and runs like a hotel. Unfortunately they had been over booked, so my friend and I had to move to a different room day two. Then our (clearly labeled) food was taken from the fridge; the staff were unable to do anything, which was fair enough, but annoying. The kitchen is poorly equipped, but ok. The location is next to a station, which is great, but getting the train to the centre every day was expensive. Overall a mixed experience.

Very clean rooms, nice lovely staff. Slightly far from central Amsterdam, but still v. conveniently located right by the train station therefore easy access to airport as well

I didn't think the breakfast buffet was worth its money, however everything else was superb and I will definitely be staying at this hostel again the next time I visit Amsterdam!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very clean and safe hostel. Nice rooms. A bit far from the city center. Have to take a 10 minute train each time. It's really not that bad tho. Overall would recommend. Former hotel turned into hostel. Not crazy party hostel but i met great people there

Meininger hostels are clean, cheap, and quiet. A nice place to stay if you are looking for somewhere outside of the center of town. Unfortunately the shower flooded our entire bathroom, bad drainage.

Too far from the city, the public transit was confusing in knowing which cards were for which modes of transit and didn't get much clarification or help.

I only stayed here for one night. We stayed here for the location because we were leaving back for the States the next day and did not want to miss our flight. It was easy to get to the airport. I thought this place was really nice, but if i was staying in Amsterdam to party i would pay more to stay closer into town.However, it met my needs. Also, it was incredibly clean and new.

BEST ADVICE: Buy an unlimited travel ticket that INCLUDES train travel. This hostel is only one stop away from Amsterdam center, but the regular unlimited travel tickets that the hostel and trains station sell is just for bus or tram (you could take a bus into the city center). At the airport when you arrive, before taking the train one stop of Meininger, buy your unlimited travel ticket INCLUDING train travel. Otherwise you will pay 5 euro for each train journey. I paid 25 for 3 days unlimited

This was an awesome hostel! I was very impressed by the size of the room and connected bathroom, and by the cleanliness and newness of everything! The little touches in the room made it extra comfortable, like the outlet by every bed and the little mounted shelf for personal items. The bar downstairs was a good place to unwind, too :) My only complaint is the location, since it took a 5 minute train ride (~4 euros round-trip) to get into the city. It's not much, but it was a bit inconvenient.

This place is not good for a solo traveler. There are plenty of people around, but the atmosphere is not really conducive to meeting them. It's a good backup though, since apparently you have to book a month ahead of time to get in anywhere good in Amsterdam. The location's not great. I guess being next to a train station has perks, but the train is expensive. With a bike location is not a huge deal, though it's still a 20 minute ride to get to downtown.

This was an old hotel that has been concerted I to a hostel. It was filling teacher groups and students but overall is a fine place to stay. Doesn't have any sort of group vibe or atmosphere but it's a good place to sleep. The breakfast is pretty decent and all you can eat but it's 7 euro 90 as of June 2015. We found really top notch food at the bar up the road for only a few euros more and found that to be a better option overall.

Really nice hostel very clean, staff are very friendly and beds are comfy and rooms are safe. Only slight downside is the out of town location but this is tackled by the proximity of the Station and the ability to rent bikes cheaply

Atmosphere was fun. Lots of people to meet. The breakfast was expensive for what was offered. Room was nice and the bathroom was decent. Location was inconvenient if you want to walk anywhere, but it's right next to the train and bus station so that's a plus. Really easy to get to from the airport.

This place has no life. Very boring as a single traveller. Also it's outside of the city so not ideal for just hanging out and walking around.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7