MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Fabulous 3953 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 3953 Total Reviews

22nd Jun 2017

Lovely hostel. Amazing decoration, rooms are big and clean and have air conditioner. Totally worth it, although it's not a cheap place.

21st Jun 2017

This was a very refreshing change of pace from most hostels I stay at! The rooms are clean and air conditioned. It definitely feels more like a hotel. There's a great kitchen, bar and common space, where it's easy to meet people. I stayed in a different hostel in the middle of Amsterdam, then switched to this one since the right by the station and made day trips out of the city. It worked out perfectly! Highly recommend this hostel.

20th Jun 2017

As others have mentioned, Meininger dormitory rooms are like hotel rooms with ensuite shower and toilet. I made friends with the guys in my room and had a great stay. Located next to the train station and gets you into the city center in 5 mins. The only negatives that come to mind are the kitchen was always taken over by people cooking up very large meals and there were a couple of young student groups that were huge and always congregating in the lobby making it hard to pass and use the lift.

• bala_s_pv
  • India, Male, 31-40
19th Jun 2017

Wonderful staff, great location and fantastic accommodation. Hats off. Highly recommend!!!

18th Jun 2017

While more of a large modern hotel conveniently located next to the Sloterdijk travel hub than a hostel, there was truly nothing to complain about. Rooms were modern, clean and well designed. There was a guest kitchen and very large eating area as well as washer dryer available. While outside of the Centrum, it was only one stop away by train. Only thing that I didn't like were other guests who have no clue how to behave in a common dorm room setting. But that's not Meininger's fault.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

If you want a clean, crisp place with good security, effective staff, good location, comfy beds and the same general operations as a good hotel, then come here. If you want to meet people, then don't come here. I enjoyed my stay. Reception we so very helpful. I don't like the after 3pm check in though.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

This was by far the best hostel booking I have made. The rooms were spotless and although I was in a four person dorm, it was still designed to look like an upscale hotel. I had everything I needed-plenty of outlets right next to my bed and the showers were sleek, modern, and clean. I highly recommend booking this if you're headed to Amsterdam!

• India, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
6.3

Not sure why this place is listed on Hostelworld? Booked 5 beds in a 7 dorm room, when I checked in, I was given 2 personal rooms with 3 beds in one, and 2 in the other. The 4 bed rooms are too personal to be shared by strangers, and don't meet the basic criteria of a hostel stay. The staff did not even inform us about this at the time of check in and we're flat out rude when I raised it as a concern later.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read you were not satisfied with your stay, and would like to apologise on behalf of our staff if they came of as rude. Our rooms are flexible, which means we will sometimes use our personal rooms as dorm rooms and vice versa. However, we always keep our guests preferences in mind and are looking into the issues you were faced with. We hope to welcome you back in the future! With kind regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam

14th Jun 2017

Overall great place to stay. Great location right by train line and staff are very willing to get you oriented to the city. Many large groups come through so there isn't as much a sense of community as in other Hostels but that won't matter as much here since you'll be able to meet many people in Amsterdam itself.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jun 2017
7.7

Almost felt like an Airport at time, so many people coming in at once crowding the whole place, Staff were pretty busy and I feel for them but the attentiveness was severely lacking in terms of helping with where to go general enquiries etc. however, cleanliness, rooms and size were massive plus for the money paid. I still cannot justify the over €100 for Friday and Saturday when weekdays were €35

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We would like to apologise on behalf of our staff if they came of as unattentive. Especially when it gets busy it can be hard to give all our guests as much attention as we would like. We are happy to read you liked our cleanliness and room size. We hope to see you back in the future! With kind regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam