MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1987 Total Reviews

Great place to stay. Only 5 mins to central and 10 mins to schipol airport. Plenty of links to buses and trains you cant get lost. My only ossue was that we had a group of 6 one of my group had an emergency and had to arrive the next day we already had 6 keys, when the missing person from the group arrived he told them the room number and was given another key without asking for his ID to make sure this was the person that was one of the group. I had filled in everyones details during check in.

• 29th Aug 2015

Would definitely recommend. Facilities were excellent, beds comfortable, staff friendly. It was a bit far out from the centre of Amsterdam but it is right next to the train station so it was easy to get anywhere. Glad I chose here!

• 26th Aug 2015

First hostel I have ever stayed at and was happy with the experience! Chilled atmosphere since it is a train away from the city centre, and also have many different people of all ages staying. Super clean and felt my belongings were super safe in the lockers they provide. Can be tricky to find as me and my friend got helped by a nearby traveller who also said she had the same problem finding it!

• 25th Aug 2015

Although located just outside main Amsterdam, it's right next to the second main railway station and is actually in a pretty good location. Just the cost of getting there and back can add up. The facilities were great and the WI-FI was on point, the staff were friendly and the buffet breakfast you could pay for in the morning was great also. A little pricey but it's there for you nevertheless.

A big hotel-like hostel with many people. The staff were helpful. A good place for a short time, but expensive.

Helpful staff.

The Hostel Meininger is more of a hotel/hostel. It's a lovely big hostel that good for all people. We stayed in a 7 bed mixed dorm - the room was really spacious and clean with a lovely shower and toilet. There are free lockers for keeping valuables safe. The hostel has it's own kitchen and washing facilities you can use and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. It isn't in the centre but it is very easy to get there by a 5 minute train journey. Would definitely stay again!

Has lived up to the reviews, really great place to stay!

Wasn't sure about this hostel after reading a few bad reviews but we were really surprised at just how nice it was, great staff, nice bar/ dinning and out door area. The room itself was

The hostel is quite far from the city center but is next to a train station from which you can get to the center in 20-25 minutes or so (including wait time). Breakfast is available for an extra charge; would be nice if it was included since the hostel is already so expensive. The hostel is clean and the facilities are ample. Someone took my bed one night and I had to sleep on a different bed with someone else's linen; I don't know if this was a mix-up by the cleaning staff or what.

Everything was ok, we just have problems with our keys a couple of times but that was solved immediately. If you open the bar 24h, why not selling some snacks for the hungry?

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

All round just a good hostel, rooms were nice and clean and spacious. This place had everything you needed and staff were great too, whether it was directions you needed or just advice they were always happy to help. The hostel had a bbq on one day which was good for socialising and the food was great too, would definitely stay here again.

We found this hostel quite handy for travelling in and out of the centre and liked that it wasn't among the hustle and bustle of the city. Lacked a bit of atmosphere in the bar area the night before we left but you'd rather be in the town at night anyway. Staff were friendly and overall the place was very clean. Would stay again.

Great facilities, but it's a huge place so not much in the way of atmosphere. Also, being so far out of the city added to costs. Having said that, it was easy to get to, beds were comfy and clean, as were showers and toilets.

Amazing and very helpful staff, without them I probably wouldnt have got home!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Really impressed with the standard of this hostel, more like a hotel. Only slight downside was the location as you have to get a bus into Amsterdam City centre which is around 15-20 minutes ride, however the buses run regularly and through the night which was helpful.

Great place to crash; not your typical hostel. The staff were great , helpful and proactive to our needs. Overall great experience. Thanks.

• 3rd Aug 2015

I didn't get to stay there due to my delayed arrival. Without a way to call, I got into Amsterdam later than the checkin time so I did not stay here. I wished the hostel did not have a check in time as it is not fair that I arrived into town later in the day.

This place is the bees knees if bees had knees

• 3rd Aug 2015

Over all a fine hotel/hostel, easy to get to from the train station and airport. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. Beds with own lamp and plug. Seperate bath and toilet in the room, was super + air con. Lockers were too small(can't fit a 40L backpack) and too far from the centrum.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7