MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was perfect for me and my three friends traveling. It's literally a 2 minute walk from the train station. Very easy to get to and from Amsterdam. If you're planning on going out at night I would consider something right in the city as the trains don't run deep into the night. I was impressed by the rooms and bathroom in particular as they provide you with linens and shampoo/soap

• 28th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you consider us perfect for you and your friends. During the night the trains do stop running, but we have a direct connection with the center of the city by night bus which makes us reachable 24/7, even after a long and fun night out! We hope to welcome you again in the future! Best regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Great facilities, awesome atmosphere and very kind staff.

Dear guest, Thank you for your compliments! We'll make sure that your experience will be even more awesome the next time you will stay with us! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

This is not my first meininger experience and will not be the the last :) quality/price rate is always very good at meiningers.. i would recommend to my friends all the time. For Amsterdam, the hotel is a lit bit outside the city center but the train connections are just next to the hotel, so it won't be a problem with a daily ticket.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you have become a Meininger fan and that you would recommend us to others. We hope to see you again soon, either here in Amsterdam or in one of our other houses! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

The experience with you all was awesome! I had a great stay and facilities were far beyond my expectations. Especially since this was my first time staying in a hostel. Great job!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to read that we made your first ever stay in a hostel a successful one. We are happy to host you again if you happen to return to beautiful Amsterdam in the future! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

More a hotel than hostel wonderful accommodations. A bit far from the city center and had a little trouble finding it at first (wall down the stairs to the right of the rail station.) overall would definitely recommend this hostel.

It's a super hostel: tidy, with excellent facilities and friendly staff. It has a very good location, especially, if you want to get to the airport/from the airport fast.strongly recommended!

We had an amazing time! The hostel was very clean and the staff were knowledgable and friendly. There were people of all ages and there was a very friendly vibe in the bar area. If we decide to visit Amsterdam again we will be coming back!

• 21st Dec 2014

Dear guest, We are happy to read that you had an amazing time here with us! We're indeed taking pride in the fact that people from all walks of life visit us and thereby make our bar a fun and friendly place to stay and have some nice drinks at. Make sure to come by again if you ever decide to return to our beautiful city! Best regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Had a great time here in Meininger. Very clean rooms, good atmosphere, helpful staff and good facilities.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are happy that you had a great time with us here in Amsterdam and hope to see you again soon! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

This hotel fit our family of 5 since we needed to check in early and leave early. It was very convenient to the train station. It was quiet and clean (but bare necessities.)

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you appreciate our location and our flexibility when it comes to checking in and checking out. We hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Great place, very clean and excellent breakfast! The location was perfect for me!

Loved it. Big room, great WiFi, clean towels. Only down side - cafe staff knew nothing of coffee and had never heard of a latte.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. While we Dutchies usually like our coffee very simple (black) a cafe latte is available in our bar, but we call them koffie verkeerd (literally translated as coffee gone wrong). We hope to welcome you again in the future and we'll then make sure to treat you to an amazing koffie verkeerd! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Excellent! best in town

Was a nice hostel/hotel to stay at. My only issue is that it was a little too far out from the main area.. Aka centraal.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. While it's true that we are indeed located outside of Amsterdam's center it is within a quick train ride's reach, so even we are never really far away from where all the action is. We hope to welcome you again in the future! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Location was great train to central station was 5 minutes and you're there. Place is very clean. Distance from city centre not an issue at all as the hotel is a 2 minute walk from the station.

• 5th Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We appeciate your remarks about our location and hope to welcome you again in the near future! Warm regards, Team Meininger Amsterdam.

Great place to stay, good location, good staff !

I had a life changing epiphany in this hotel. Would recommend 10/10

This is a hotel! Really hard to meet people here, and you have to pay for literally everything! It also has nothing around it to go and eat! It's next to the metro which is good, but it's not like staying in Amsterdam at a hostel! Also there were families and a lot of old people!

Location is not ideal for this establisment but that's not something you can really change. Breakfast was the most extensive I've seen at a hostel and the room was definitely the largest room I've ever stayed in in a hostel! Overall, a good experience!

• 13th Nov 2014

It is a little bit out of the city center of Amsterdam but it is a quick train ride away. Great breakfast and customer service. Cleanliness was wonderful and I felt very secure leaving my belongings there for the day. I would definitely recommend it!

• 13th Nov 2014