MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very clean and well facilitated hostel, with an impressive breakfast buffet and very welcoming staff. Even though a bit further from the center, the location turned out quite convenient since it is so close to bus, tram and train!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Our room was completely new. Was very nice and cleaned every day. Very good place to people who want to visit the crowded city but who also want to have a rest in a nice place. Very , very nice!

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Poland

It's like a hotel room that just happens to have seven beds in it. I loved how it not only provided a kitchen but also some free food and free shampoo in the shower. The only problem was that the place was located outside of the city, but it's right next to a transport hub so there are trains, buses and trams nearby and the train to Centraal Station only takes five minutes. Highly reccomended.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff

It does not look like a hostel but like a hotel. Pretty impersonal and not really friendly. If you are looking for something really cheap maybe but at the end it is not that worth it since you are subjected to train schedules and prices.

Great access to the train station, quick trip into the city, and great accommodations! I was very impressed with the low price!!! I will come again for sure!!!

• 25th Nov 2013

We round a very nice hotel. Everything was in accordance with the advertised.

Very clean and very helpful staff.

• 22nd Nov 2013

I have been travelling and studying abroad for the past 4 months and this was the best hostel I have been to. Everything from the room to the service was awesome! I cancelled and rebooked my trip about 4 times and the staff was very patient and helpful to me. They were always attentive and ready with an answer.

• 21st Nov 2013

We had a very good time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location and very very clean. Would definitely recommend and will be visiting again in the near future!

Really unhappy about my card being charged for the whole group on the eve of our arrival in the hotel in Amsterdam. Thanks to that stunt my credit card was maxed out for the duration of my stay in Amsterdam... No email was sent warning this situation... According to the reservation conditions there was no reason for this... Still don't understand also why our group had to be separated when we were told 5m before that we would get a room for all our group...

A clean simple hostel, ofcourse the location isnt that great - you have to catch a train in to the city (which is 2euro per person, and 2euro return). But it was ok for us since we had a rental car, and they had parking for about 10euro per day. It is a very big place, the kitchen was a bit of a mess at times, and the staff have quite average customer service. Not acknowledging waiting customers, etc. I probably would stay here again, but only if I needed cheap parking.

Great Hotel. Great value. a bit out of center but good connections. With breakfastroom and an apen kitchen free to use for everyone. brandnew beds,and a light and a energyplug next to every bed. very clean and nice bar/lobby to stay. really great place.

Very modern and clean, excellent place to stay if a little out of the centre, but transport is good.

I will be stay this hotel next time...it was the best i have ever had.

Gorgeous hotel. Spacious, clean, 'hotel-feel'. Even shampoo and handwash in the bathroom! However, they advertise that they are 5 min from city center because you can take the train two stops. Train each way is 4 eu so It is more economical to buy the transit pass for bus/tram/metro and take that which is about 15-20 min to city center. Just be aware!

The hostel is good but the location is far from everything. Spacious room and the staff are nice. But the overall experience is good.

Very nice place.

Hi, thank you for your kind review :) Greetings from cold Amsterdam!

Hostel is located out of the city centre, but it was just beside the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station, which is just 1 stop (5-7minutes) from Amsterdam Centraal. Rooms were clean, but the wifi was a little sketchy and didn't work well all the time.

Hi, thank you for your review. We noticed the wifi had some failures so the problem is now being solved. Hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels! Greetings from the Meininger Amsterdam team!

The problem of this Hostel is the location. It is far from all the attractions. Having said that, I have no further complains. My stay was great.