MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I did really like the hostel and services, staff and so on... i would definetely raccomend it

We stayed here for three days and we hope to return soon! Thanks for your hospitality!

Thank you very much for your feedback!! Warm regards from cold Amsterdam.

카드식의 번거로움. 화장실 입구,세면대 등에 칸막이가있었다면 더 좋을듯. 인터넷의 잦은 로그인.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

This hostel is not in the city but a decent 5-10min train ride from the center so I would not recommend staying here if you are wanting to make the most of Amsterdam by night. The trains do run frequently throughout the day and it was easy enough to get a night bus home in the early morning but it is not a walkable distance. The place is modern and clean with professional, helpful staff. It has a hotel atmosphere at hostel prices - Great if you want to sightsee and then go back to sleep.

This was a very nice hostel/hotel. I was placed in a very clean ensuite dorm. The breakfast is plentiful, there is a very nice kitchen on site. The only drawback is the location, which is far from the centre of Amsterdam. It's in a business/industrial type area. There is nothing around. It's not on any of the maps I got. The staff was great, very helpful and knowledgable.

Great, very nice, friendly and helpful staff!

• 31st Oct 2013

One of those "Hotel-like" hostels. Thus like a hotel, the rooms are definitely clean and don't have to share bathroom with everybody, but is not the place to hangout with people. The staff are helpful, but the location is a little away from city center. The train station is just nearby and it would be easy to travel to the city in the day time. But if you are going to hangout late, then the only way to get back is through night bus. There's a P+R nearby, good news for people traveling by car.

it was just the location that i did not find convinient. everything else was perfect. Would stay there again.

• Mexico

A great location with a very comfortable atmosphere, I looked forward to returning every night. Very cozy rooms and comfortable beds. Always SUPER clean and modern looking. It really depends on what kind of hostel you're looking for. It really wasn't the nest for us however because of the location. We also would have preferred having more people in the same room and paid less. The cafeteria room was very nice looking, but maybe add a few comfy couches for those spending a while there.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Everything about the staff and the hostel itself was great, and very affordable, but, me personally, I didn't like the location as felt it was too far out. Each morning and night, we spent an hour travelling to the city - 10 mins walking to bus/tram, waiting for it, 20 min or so journey then walking into the centre on the other side. I just feel that I would have experience the buzz of the city a bit more if i had stayed closer to the centre. Other than location, everything else was fantastic!!!

• Scotland

The location is great because it is right beside a main train station, but please note that it is very far from the centre. You will either need to train or bike to her anywhere central. It would be impossible to walk to the centre from this location.

I really enjoyed the unique day that I spent in Amsterdam and the hostel was perfect to me. The bedroom was very big and comfortable. I stayed in a 6 female bedroom and was very nice. All the beds have light and energy plug and they have free wi fi. The hostel is just one train station from the central station.

Great hostel, clean and new; staff is kind and helpful. I didn't like that the lockers weren't included in the price, because it wasn't written on hostelworld. The price is good. I would recommend to my friends.

like staying in a nice hotel, there just happens to be a couple other people in your room, but the room is so big that really, it doesn't matter :) the train can get a bit expensive every day, but it's quite easy to manage on just one ticket if you figure it out ;)

A lot of families and big groups come through here. This is the place where bucks parties etc come when they are not allowed in other hostels. Not really a place for solo travellers. You have to take the train one stop to city centre. Not really an issue though as they run frequently. Rooms are decent with medium size lockers. Good Wifi. Only one washing machine and dryer for a hostel that can hold hundreds of guests.

Close to a train station, comfortable beds, nice shower. It was just like staying in a hotel except with a few other people living in my room. When I was there, there were quite a few school groups, which made it a little loud, but I had a good stay.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »