MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really great hostel in good location. Only slight downside was we thought the breakfast was a little expensive for what was on offer but maybe it just wasn't to our taste!

For such a big hostel there's a few negatives. Only one washing machine is definitely not enough for over 500 people.

More like a chain hotel. Very clean. Did the trick, but would choose other options if available.

Fantastic, well run hostel, great staff, great fellow roommates, nice facility

very clean, great staff. but You'll have to take a cab back at night past 1:30 pm ~ 20-25 Euro

• 28th May 2015

Very clean hostel. More like a hotel! Towels and a turn down service. Stayed in a mixed dorm of 7. Great people (except the guy who was a horrendous snorer). Lockers in the room (remember your own padlock) Great location as well. Only downside: around 10pm every night there seemed to be no hot water.

• 27th May 2015
  • Steffers88

Stayed as a solo traveller in a four bed dorm-very small and felt cramped with the windows not being able to be opened. Weird situation with the beds-there are 2 single beds together so if you are travelling solo be prepared to get cosy with someone else. I feel this is unacceptable. Even if you push the beds apart, barely makes a difference. Expensive breakfast in the morning for what it was-cereal didn't taste nice at all. Location good by the train station but expensive to travel everyday

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Meininger Amsterdam. The hostel is spotless and the staff were great as well. The location was a bit problematic but it took only 10 minutes to get to the city centre so its not too bad. The bar is pretty good and I met quite a few people there. The rooms are incredibly clean and very comfortable. It was close to the airport too so that suited me perfectly.

More like a hotel. People were generally friendly including the staff. Atmosphere was meh. It's just a place to crash. Wouldn't stay here again though.

We loved Meininger - it was gorgeous and super clean. However, I didn't know it would be so far from central Amsterdam, and we had some trouble finding the entrance based on Google Maps' instructions - it might help if they sent a walking map from the Sloterdijk train station when the reservations were made.

Very nice establishment and very clean. Only bad thing is the location is far from the city center but metro is fairly close.

Clean, big dorms, hair-dryer provided, free WiFi, Hostel is not in the city center, but it is located right next to a big station where trains and buses run regularly, free breakfast (though we found 7,90€ too expensive), nice staff, snack bar

• 22nd May 2015

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated and we hope to welcome you again in Amsterdam! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Good to stay here if you're not looking to stay near the nightlife of the city. It's only one train stop away though, which takes maybe 10 minutes. Staff was really nice, we got a free upgrade to a three bed private room instead of five. Very clean/nice rooms and bathroom. More of a hotel than a hostel. I'd stay here again, but I think next time i'll want to be closer to the city center.

Nice, clean hostel. Pleasant helpful staff. Close to public transport. The breakfast is a little over priced, but you can have as much as you like and it's pretty good quality.

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in Amsterdam! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Really nice place, near to the airport, friendly receptionist, clean room more like staying in a hotel in a budget, only nice things to say.. I'll definitely book again here or to their other branches in different countries..

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in Amsterdam or one of our other hotels in Europe! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Nice room, seemed clean. Didn't use the kitchen so can't comment on that. Very close to train station

The staff were super friendly and helpful upon arrival and the room was far better than expected and our expectations were hardly low! Everywhere was spotless and it is a two minute walk from the station. Loved staying here, don't think our Amsterdam adventure would've been the same if it wasn't for this hostel!

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you once more at your next stay in Amsterdam. Your Meininger Team Amsterdam

Just a stop from the Main Central Station so it is convenient. But the design is really like a hotel not a hostel.

Meininger is a nice hostel. A few stops away from the airport and one stop over to Centraal Station. It feels more like a hotel as opposed to a hostel so the rooms are really nice but nobody is really there to get to know each other. The breakfast is a little steep (7.90 euros) but they do offer you as much as you can eat with great options. The first day I was there my locker door was broken off the hinges. However, staff was quick to fix it when I informed them.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your Meininger Team Amsterdam

This hostel was very clean and felt like a nice hotel. It was one of the most expensive places I stayed at and for the price I felt the WiFi connection was very poor. I felt for you to be able to surf the net you had to wake up early in the morning . Lastly, the hostel is located outside center city making it difficult to stay out late however it is close to the station and if you have a euro rail pass you can take the intercity train which is faster and free over the metro.