MEININGER Berlin Mitte Humboldthaus Reviews

Oranienburgerstr. 67/68, Berlin, Germany

Great place.Very central, high end hostel, and somewhat costly as a result.

We had a lovely stay at this QUIET hostel. It felt like a cross between a hostel and a hotel. I stayed in an eight bed room but it had ensuite bathroom and shower, in separate rooms. The room did not feel cramped and was well insulated from street noise if you shut the windows. The breakfast was a decent price and substantial. If you are looking for a party atmosphere then this is not the hostel for you. But I always like to get up and out early so I need the good night sleep.

We enjoyed our stay, the breakfast, rooms (particularly bathrooms) and staff were all fab. Thanks!

it was a perfect 2 days stay in that wonderful hostel. price is good for all the amenities included. it's full with young people from all over the world. it's really clean. bathrooms are new and rooms are well arranged. Wi-fi connection is quite poor but may be because of the big amount of people accomodated. great plpace. highly recomended.

great location and facilities. very clean and modern. not a great place to meet other travellers but perfect for sightseeing in berlin.

I think that having to pay for using the computers is a big problem for some backpackers who might not bring a laptop and need to skype. I have been to hostels all over the world and for this price, I think the service should be included. It doesn't raise the hostel's cost much, but it annoys customers.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Romania

Dunno what to say, it was fine. Somewhere in between a hotel and a hostel. The lobby is a great place to meet people, other than that, you're pretty much on your own. Super close to the train station if you take that otherwise it's a bus. There are a surprising number of prostitutes in the area, but they're friendly.

Located right next to public transport which can get you anywhere you need to go. Great staff and clean room with comfortale beds. Common to most hostels there is a lack of a suitable place to leave things charging while using the bed - recommend small shelves be installed. Overall a great stay.

Thanks a lot for rating us! We are glad you enjoyed your time at MEININGER Hotel Berlin Mitte and would love to welcome you again some day! Maybe again here in Berlin, or in one of our other hotels around Europe, like Brussels, Munich or Vienna. Thanks for the feedback regarding room equipment, we will cerstainly take this into consideration. All the best, your MEININGER Team

Pros: The hostel itself has a nice structre and facilities in perfect state of conservation. It's very well located. Cons: extremely hot room, difficult to sleep even with not that hot days. Security for entering the hostel is zero. A completely drunk (and idiot) guy that was not a guest (he told me) entered into the kitchen area looking for the toiletes. This means someone at the reception desk gave him the key. He insisted in taking a picture with me and I denied, even argued. Tough moment.

Thank you for your feedback! It`s very important to us what our guests think about their stay. This helps us to react directly in order to improve where necessary. We would like to apologise for this inconvenient matter and hope you still enjoyed your time in Berlin. Of course, security is one of the most important things to feel confortable, we will therefore make sure this will not happen again. Hope to see you again one day! Take care, your MEININGER Team

1 2 Next » last »