Matahari Lodge Reviews

58-1, Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good location and beverage available all the time, helpful staff.

A great place to stay! You can socialize with others in the kitchen or common room. Very helpful staff, free wifi, free breakfast and the best location for exploring KL. Really recommended!

Considering the ratings of this hostel we were a little disappointed. Although centrally located & very secure, the hostel is shabby & in need of a little updating.

Super location right next to central market and Chinatown and close to the monorail and another train line. There is also a great, and cheap, Indian restaurant called Vinni Jeyaa something located on the same street as the lodge. Ate there all 3 nights and their sweet lassi is really good too. The lodge is clean. Had a spacious single room but there was no windows. But not a huge deal. I enjoyed it.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

close to lrt & ktm station

We truly enjoyed this hostel, the rooms were peaceful, spacious and the guests were nice and quiet. It is very well spread out so the common room on the 3rd floor is used as a space for people to gather, which creates a pleasant night's sleep for those who like to wake up early to get the day going. If we come back to Kuala Lumpur there is no doubt that this would be the only place we would stay.

I stayed there for just one night and it was "okay". The place is old, so it makes it looks dirty.. The room is fine and you can rest very well! They offer coffee 24hs. If you want a place cheep, I will recommend you to stay there for two nights, no more.

Excellent hostel! A very comfortable environment, clean, safe and modern. The rooms have power point and lamps for each bed, giving privacy but still permits interaction. They have computer, snooker, x-box. The staff is amazing! Loved every minute.

Hi Victor, It was nice to have met you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again in the future. Thanks

Nice and secure place to stay. Just a bit of improvement on their toilet facility. The pillows and towel they provide looks old and worn out already. But staff were great and helpful. A nice place to stay if you prefer a chill and quite place to stay while in KL. Will be back there soon.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Excellent hostel. Clean, comfortable and safe. Always stay there when I'm in KL

I arrived at 6AM after a sleepless night on a train from Penang, so I was exhausted to begin with...luckily, although the staff say check-in only after 8, thanks God I buzzed early and they had no problem checking me in. The rooms are dark as they are in the Middle of the halls...it's rather disconcerting trying to get around in the pitch blackness. The bathrooms are clean enough but overall the rooms are kind of dingy...the trash was overflowing. I loved the staff and upstairs balcony!

The staffs are great, efficient. The room are spacious, as compared to other hostel that I've been to. A shelf to put our stuff, a small desk behind our bed, good value for money! The shower are okay, but it would be great if they provide toiletries too :)

I stayed already five times in this place, because i like it very very much.!!

there was no power socket in my room

• 13th May 2015
  • Russia

Was my second visit-- totally love this place! Simple, cozy and affordable...right next to the train and the staff is lovely. The WIFI is good too.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels