7.6
Very Good 899 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 899 Total Reviews
Matahari Lodge Located at 58-1, Jalan Hang Kasturi, , Kuala Lumpur.
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur 50050 58-1, Jalan Hang Kasturi
76% 899
3.1437941 101.6958260
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 31-40
30th May 2016

The staff and food were incredible! The rooms were nice and clean too. The power gets shut off everyday in the rooms from 12-6 but the water and beach are right next door. Overall we'd recommend this place to anyone!

17th May 2016

I really liked this place. Great location, friendly staff, tight security. There's a simple breakfast included. Good map provided. My only gripe: one of the toilets is positioned so close to the wall as to be unusable! Recommended.

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th May 2016
7.7

Friendly staff, located next to train station so ideal, however I feel you can get better for your money. Stayed in dorm room with no air con and no windows! Room was therefore damp and felt unclean. Would definitely pick a different hostel next time

27th Apr 2016
6.3

This place has gone downhill. The rooms are hot cause they shut the Aircon off early in the morning I think 7 am. So forget trying to sleep in late. They don't run the ac during the day in the lounge area either so plan on sweating all day. . The Internet is incredibly slow and barely works. The sheets haven't been changed in years. The atmosphere is almost non existent now. Stop trying to save a few pennies.

23rd Apr 2016
7.7

great hostel, its a little run down but the staff keep it impeccably clean and are really friendly. while I'd usually never extend at a place with windowless rooms it wasnt an issue at all as the rooms are fresh with plenty of air circulating through thanks to the fans feeding them in. i'd def recommend this place and stay again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016
7.7

Second time staying at Matahari and perfect place to lodge for few nights while exploring KL - nothing too luxurious and perfect for backpackers.

• Philippines, Couple, 31-40
26th Mar 2016
7.1

the place is good for a short stay in KL! we stayed for only 1 night and chose the place for its proximity to Central Market, Chinatown and KL Sentral station. It was very convenient to just walk around the area with our "pasalubongs" or souvenirs to bring back home. The facilities were very basic - the room just had a bed, shelf, and 2 sockets. The room did not have its own AC unit, instead it had a vent for the air to pass through from the AC in the hallway. We enjoyed the free simple bfast!

6th Mar 2016
6.6

The location is super convenient (close to the LRT and the free purple bus). The cultural circuit on that side of the city are all within walking distance, or can be easily reached via the LRT. The rooms were okay. The dorm I stayed in had no windows, and the bunk bed is really tall (good for the lower bunk, bad for the upper bunk as there is only adequate head-room).

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2016
4.9

I can't recommend this place. I stayed in a dorm with no windows, not even nearby, it was like a prison cell and lack of natural light was disorientating. My bed was infested with ants which bit me so badly that I didn't sleep for the two nights I stayed. The staff were nice and changed my sheets but I still got bitten. Breakfast should not be advertised (bad white toast and tea with no milk). The showers/toilets were disgusting and I cut my hand on broken shower head. Dirty, dingy, unwelcoming.

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Feb 2016

Enjoyed our stay here. The location is great, right next to Chinatown. It is also opposite the free hop on bus round the city. The staff there are really helpful. We had a room overlooking the road and the lady on reception checked this would be okay first as the road can be noisy which is fine for us but nice they checked first. The breakfast is good too. We are due to come back to KL soon so will stay again for sure :)