Matahari Lodge Reviews

58-1, Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice and secure place to stay. Just a bit of improvement on their toilet facility. The pillows and towel they provide looks old and worn out already. But staff were great and helpful. A nice place to stay if you prefer a chill and quite place to stay while in KL. Will be back there soon.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Excellent hostel. Clean, comfortable and safe. Always stay there when I'm in KL

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Egypt

I arrived at 6AM after a sleepless night on a train from Penang, so I was exhausted to begin with...luckily, although the staff say check-in only after 8, thanks God I buzzed early and they had no problem checking me in. The rooms are dark as they are in the Middle of the halls...it's rather disconcerting trying to get around in the pitch blackness. The bathrooms are clean enough but overall the rooms are kind of dingy...the trash was overflowing. I loved the staff and upstairs balcony!

The staffs are great, efficient. The room are spacious, as compared to other hostel that I've been to. A shelf to put our stuff, a small desk behind our bed, good value for money! The shower are okay, but it would be great if they provide toiletries too :)

I stayed already five times in this place, because i like it very very much.!!

there was no power socket in my room

• 13th May 2015
  • Russia

Was my second visit-- totally love this place! Simple, cozy and affordable...right next to the train and the staff is lovely. The WIFI is good too.

Great location, very easy to use transport to get any where or to walk places in KL. Really handy having computers available, good wifi and we were able to leave our big luggage there whilst we explored the islands for a few days which has been very helpful!

Not too bad for the price, cheap and central but dont expect too much

Very nice and tidy place to stay in the heart of the heritage center! Wonderful location. Definitely recommend :)

• 12th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Simple, clean, great location. I have stayed here many times for my trips to KL to get a visa at the Thailand embassy. Have always enjoyed my stay and the staff are friendly and helpful! Highly recommend!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels