Matahari Lodge Reviews

58-1, Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My mother and I stayed here for one night. We had a pleasant experience. The room is pretty basic. I wasn't pleased with the air conditioning system. It's one AC machine per hall with a fan. It didn't keep me cool enough personally. Other than that for the price it's decent. The location is great. The linens and towels are pretty old, however, they smelled very clean. The staff is wonderful. They make you feel at home. I would stay here again.

One of the best hostels we've stayed in so far, love the nice priced, private rooms! Good facilities you can use, such as laundry, computer, printer, tv, book-exchange etc. The (mostly) women at the reception are very friendly and always smiling. We stayed here for a few days and celebrate christmasday, which we've enjoyed very much, thank you! Highly recommand this hostel for anyone who has plans to visit Kuala Lumpur.

Staff was helpful and pleasant. Clientele was lovely. Location is a stone's throw from the Central Market. Swipe keys keep facilities secure. Kept clean. Great value for money.

• 25th Dec 2015

I stayed here before so that tells you something.

Friendly staff, awesome location. Facilities are average. Cleanliness could be improved. This is definitely not the hostel to visit if you are looking for a social place, but the location right next to china town and the central market is ideal

Quiet hostel in a very good location. Been there for several times already.

A very basic hostel but clean with friendly staff. Great location in Chinatown and right next to metro station. It is a small hostel with a small common room so there is little atmosphere. But if you are just looking for a place to sleep whilst exploring the city then this place is cheap option especially if you are not a fan of dorm rooms.

Loved the private room. Nice bed. Nice lamp. Good showers. Good networking opportunity.

Great location and very clean, fair price. Staff was friendly and helpful. It would be great if soap were provided in all bathrooms.

• 8th Nov 2015

The location of the hostel is really good, close to chinatown and central market and with the bus/train station just 2 minutes away . The room was basic and not very clean. The girls on the reception were nice and very helpfull.

We booked for a 6 man dorm but they put us in a twin room for the same price which was a nice surprise (i think they double booked the dorm beds). The best nights sleep we had for aaages and free toast for breakfast was a bonus :) good place

Staff could have provided us with local Information I.e safety of area, things to do, buses etc

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

My third stay in this hostel for this year and still a great experience. Chill place and transportation options within the area are all accessible.

This is a very average hostel. Very average dorm rooms & comfort. Very average cleanliness. Very average facilities & atmosphere. Staff were good. Location is close to transport & Chinatown. But this hostel has nothing special to offer.

Close to the monorail and J. Alor. Don't get a street facing room as it is very noisy.

It was good in an overall. I'd just highlight that the bed bunk is extremely high (which can be a challenge for short people :P), and in the dorm there were no plug ins in the bed, only one extensor, but in the ground. It is very quiet and organized.

Perfect location, helpful staff, very basic room.

Being the first time in KL it took me ages to find the place. I had the upper bed directly next to the aircon. Every time someone entered the room it got really loud and windy. I didn't get a lot of sleep that night.

Nice hostel. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are a bit old but clean and cozy! Enough for a short stay in KL.

Breakfast included good. Quiet, single room no windows little stuffy. Otherwise all pretty good.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels