Moalboal Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Panagsama Beach, Basdiot, Moalboal, Philippines

Owner upgrade our stay to private room fan for free instead of 4bedded dorm. It's cool. But, at the night no water shower in my room. I ask the staff. She said water only will available on 6am tomorrow. So i have to use outside shower. Tomorrow around 630am. Still no water available. I dont know why. Overall good and value money to stay.

very good. superb location. great common area. very recommended.

The hostel is easy to reach from the busstop because every mototaxi knows it. It is located in the center of the beach promenade (but not beach side). It is probably the cheapest option in Moalboal and thats why I booked it. But as they say: You get what you pay for. Compared to other hostels in the world, this hostel was under average (poor wifi, once no water, no hot water, no AC, filipino staff not always so friendly, no door to the dorm). I only slept at the hostel and for that it was OK.

They recommend a guy called Dordoy to take return us to the airport he did not show up and left us stranded at 1am in the morning causing us to miss our flight. Do not use him very untrustworthy.

Friendly staff. Will come snd stay here again, and again!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

A cheap hostel right in the middle of Moalboal's dive shops. It didn't have hot water (or toilet flushing water half the time, for that matter). It's a clean place to stay with big lockers and mosquito nets. If you're planning to stay in Moalboal for a while, try to negotiate a cheap rate in some of the places across the street so you'll have free and easy access to the beach. Still, a decent place to stay for a few days.

Decent hostel right on the beach, good value, chilled vibe. The wifi is so-so (as with many places in the Philippines) and the staff seemed a bit complacent at times, but I would certainly stay here again

The worst hostel I've EVER stayed in! The owner is a grumpy, unfriendly no-good man. I arrived at the hostel and he waited for me, only to jell at me and tell me, that he is sick of waiting for people, and that - in his opinion - he would rather have closed the door and let me stand outside the hostel! - unbelievable! Because it is the only hostel in Moalboal they treat u like that and don't offer anything for money. Over all very dirty Hostel with poor facilities and unhelpful, bored Staff.

• 11th Feb 2015

Ma'am, Yoiu've got the info about our business hours. You did inquired the travel time from Malapasqua to Moalboal. My reply was to start early morning from that island to avoid late night time arrival. We working more than 12 hours per day and and I don't want late over time duty for my staff. Ma'am you're wrong! If my hostel is dirty, poor and bored staff, why you stayed longer than a night?

new kitchen outdoors is great - perfect for cooking sessions together the owner has really awesome ideas so easy to get to know people there!

• 2nd Feb 2015

nice place, situated at good location & value for money.

We stayed in the double room and it was ok. I think average for the price. They provided a hot kettle and free coffee everyday. We stayed there for 3 nights, and my only complaint was that they didn't change the trash bin in the bathroom since we have to put all toilet paper, etc into the trash can. Good location, close to dive shops and walking distance to snorkeling locations.

free kitchen to use....super friendly staff... double room is nice. instable WiFi signal... Unfortunately, there was water shortage due to typhoon damage;otherwise I would like to stay for another night.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Decent place to stay in Moalboal. Good value for money and there aren't really other backpacker alternatives. Had no issues storing luggage or checking in a bit early. Would go back there again.

place was good, but much better if all occupants will be allocated with a fan :)

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

It is open space free to meet people staying together. Staff helped us make our own tuna barbeque and cookings on one evening, good hostel memory! MoalBoal has a great snorkeling right on the beach extending kms long.