Moalboal Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Panagsama Beach, Basdiot, Moalboal, Philippines

Very good atmosphere, helpfull staff.

Good location. You can snorkel, see small turtles on the sea opposite to the hostels (seen at 3pm) and sardine run (all times). The beach is gone if there is high tide in Panagsama Beach.. All the restaurants near by the hostel are quite expensive for filippinos. In the morning for cheap food you can go to "The corner" and find cheap rice and fish/meat already cooked. (around 15 pesos for rice and 25 pesos for fish).

Being able to use the small kitchen area to cook and make cups of tea/coffee was a refreshing change and unlike any other hostel I've stayed at in the Philippines.

Good location in center of beach 'village' close to bars/food.Staff helpful prior and during stay. Nice chill area upstairs and hammocks. All showers are cold - which is fine, but simply a high tap. I stayed in private room with on suite, and shower was worse, just a dribble. The wi-fi is not existent - shows signal but no data - no signal in most expensive rooms? A tv or some music/docking station could add to the chilled atmosphere. Mattress and pillow very light/soft.

I enjoyed the stay even though it was only for 1 night and 1 day. The staffs were very welcoming. The price is affordable and actually it is more than what I expected. The staffs were kind enough to let us keep out things to their cabinet since we decided to extend our stay in Moalboal though we cant keep our things in the room since there will be next people to occupy the beds. I will surely go back and will recommend this place. We will soon go back to CEBU and will book here again.

Clean, friendly hostel near dive centres

Had a fab stay here.. staff were really helpful and friendly. When we arrived our room accidentally got double booked but the staff put us in a better room for our stay for the same price as the budget room.. really good location with lots of restaurants, bars and dive shops nearby. Blue abyss dive shop would definitely be recommended :)

Loved staying here!

Cannot recomend it there is a construction area next door! Noise the whole day. Just in case the construction is quite for couple of hours the owner of the hostel starts his own noisy work in front of your door. Not the right place to relax.

The staff was very friendly and the room was spacious. There were some restaurants next door, where you could eat all day. There was no air-conditiong, only fans which is okay, but quite warm of course. It was pretty loud in the morning, but that might be the same everywhere in Moalboal.

Staff should provide an orientation to all guest. I do not even know where is the shower room! I was not given a towel from Day 1. I only get it when I ask for it. One thing for sure. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

This hostel have all basic needs, but should add more fans. I found that on afternoon was a little hot here. I met a lot of international backpacker friends here, they are awesome. Staff are friendly and good services. One thing dissatisfied: I was bitten by some insects when I slept at night. base on the bitten scar, most of my friends Said that is bed bugs or mosquito~ Overall: this hostel is great, will back to stay here if I'm in moalboal!

I booked a single room in Moalboal backpacker lodge and have been here for 11 days. The room is very clean and comfortable. Staffs here are extremely friendly, just like a family. There is a comfort bamboo deck, where you can meet and talk to other travelers.

• 23rd Oct 2013