7.9
Very Good 248 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 248 Total Reviews
Moalboal Backpacker Lodge Located at Panagsama Beach, Basdiot, , Moalboal.
Philippines
Moalboal 6032 Panagsama Beach, Basdiot
79% 248
9.9512668 123.3723449
    Rooms available

24th Apr 2016
5.7

I give this place 2 stars out of 10. One star for the other super nice backpackers and one star for a mosquito net that actually works. Accommodation and amenities are basic but what really threw me off was how unfriendly the staff was, even borderline rude. Several other backpackers had similar experiences. Even the informational signage in the reception area is loaded with a negative tone. Unfortunately it's the only hostel in Moalboal for budget travelers. Major attitude improvement needed

Hi,thanks for your comment. You booked a night and you stayed two nights and you had such a uncomfortable stay in our guesthouse finally. May we and perhaps everyone like to know what was the facility problem? Was the original hammocks from Brasil to small? Anything with the free coffee facility at the lobby, sorry we serving local products only. Was the mattress on our bamboo deck to thin? Well, we remember that you insist to checkout a quarter to 8am and of cours you're right its borderless rude from my staff to start a 12 hour duty at 8am. Thanks.

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
7.4

Everything went well except for the recurring water shortage in my room during peak hours.

5th Apr 2016
7.7

Amazing location, just 3 mins to the beach. Free coffee, tea, and chocolate in the morning. It's a pretty good place to stay.

• Indonesia, Mixed Group, 25-30
29th Mar 2016
5.1

If you can not provide good and enough water, please STATE it in your lodge description in detailed information. Maybe you just need to close your business. Compared to another place nearby, water is not a big deal, even though they must buy it. If you can not provice a good manner and hospitable attitude in your personal service, get out from the lodge, let your staff do the rest. Don't ruin your own business for your own staffs sake. Please redesign your room to have a better ventilation.

Dear , hopefully you have on your island in Indonesia water supply 24/7. At your time on March 29, we did bought water from the truck already. Furthermore your booking was the 4 bed dorm. This room is equipped with two fan for two bunk beds and has a door to open to the back yard. My dear, a bed with fan and free coffee facility in the morning for around US 7, anything else. I don't think that we have to redesign anything. Good luck for our carrier.

28th Mar 2016
7.4

The location was great, accessible and in near the beach. Tha staff very friendly and accomodating. They are helpful, and informative... all this and more if you're a FOREIGNER!!!If you're local like I am, dont wonder if they treat you coldly. I mean I didnt expect anything fancy, but they just left me to my own devices. Didnt even orient me to the physical set up of the establishment. While if they have foreign guests, they show them around and such. Never going back.

27th Mar 2016
6.0

We had misunderstanding with the owner, Torsten, with our booking. I booked 5 beds on their dorm room. 14 days before our arrival date, I canceled one bed out of our booking since one of our friend won't be able to join. What Torsten did was he cancelled the whole booking. The staff are kind enough to let us use their lockers while we find another place to stay. Sadly, their lockers are infested with mice that ate most of our groceries for our trip. Really disappointed.

Dear, only you had and make the misunderstanding. You has cancelled the whole group and you didn't show within the business hours. The beds been finaly released on the booking engine. Stop your bla bla.

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016
7.4

Really nice dorm, airy and spacious with a nice bamboo balcony thing. Only 3 showers between 14 is a bit tricky especially in the evening if everyone wants to go out together. Pretty clean although I did have ants in my bed :/ but other than that all good! A great place to meet other backpackers and good location :)

• Australia, Male, 31-40
10th Mar 2016

The private room is excellent value for money. It was clean and well furnished. The hammock was well used for siestas and, despite a few holes, the mosquito net kept the biteys off at night. There is no hot water on tap, but in this climate, you don't really need it and I did not miss it. Anna, the manager, was very friendly and approachable and was around most of the time. There were other travelers hanging out in the sitting area regularly, so never a shortage of people to compare notes with

9th Mar 2016
2.6

Poor Ventilation...

Thanks for your comment and I do remember your group. Well, a fan room might be uncomfortable for people who life and work in n an "aircon world". But I do remember as well your shortly timed cancelled 2nd night of your stay and your demand for refund. Thanks.

9th Mar 2016

It's an awesome place but i hope there could be more electric fan.... I love the place and dedinitely ill go back here...