Moalboal Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Panagsama Beach, Basdiot, Moalboal, Philippines

Decent hostel right on the beach, good value, chilled vibe. The wifi is so-so (as with many places in the Philippines) and the staff seemed a bit complacent at times, but I would certainly stay here again

The worst hostel I've EVER stayed in! The owner is a grumpy, unfriendly no-good man. I arrived at the hostel and he waited for me, only to jell at me and tell me, that he is sick of waiting for people, and that - in his opinion - he would rather have closed the door and let me stand outside the hostel! - unbelievable! Because it is the only hostel in Moalboal they treat u like that and don't offer anything for money. Over all very dirty Hostel with poor facilities and unhelpful, bored Staff.

• 11th Feb 2015

new kitchen outdoors is great - perfect for cooking sessions together the owner has really awesome ideas so easy to get to know people there!

• 2nd Feb 2015

nice place, situated at good location & value for money.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

We stayed in the double room and it was ok. I think average for the price. They provided a hot kettle and free coffee everyday. We stayed there for 3 nights, and my only complaint was that they didn't change the trash bin in the bathroom since we have to put all toilet paper, etc into the trash can. Good location, close to dive shops and walking distance to snorkeling locations.

free kitchen to use....super friendly staff... double room is nice. instable WiFi signal... Unfortunately, there was water shortage due to typhoon damage;otherwise I would like to stay for another night.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Decent place to stay in Moalboal. Good value for money and there aren't really other backpacker alternatives. Had no issues storing luggage or checking in a bit early. Would go back there again.

place was good, but much better if all occupants will be allocated with a fan :)

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

It is open space free to meet people staying together. Staff helped us make our own tuna barbeque and cookings on one evening, good hostel memory! MoalBoal has a great snorkeling right on the beach extending kms long.

Very good location, our room very nice and clean, the staff was very friendly and alawys willing to help. I would definetly stay here again.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Nice view

very nice crew, lovely place.

• 30th Sep 2014