Moalboal Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Panagsama Beach, Basdiot, Moalboal, Philippines

It was a very pleasant stay and much needed time away. We had a wonderful stay and have no complaints. Thank you and hope to visit again in the future.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

So far from convient store.

• 12th Aug 2015

Enjoyed my stay!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • rcodina

The staff are always friendly and willing to help, in any way they can, the vibe is great, i have moved to a more permanent place but miss the great friendly staff there...they are currently putting in a new water tank so water wont ever be an issue. For budget travellers its a must...also the private rooms are individual, basic but nice and clean.

• 5th Aug 2015

Thank you for the services and everything else. The workers there were very nice and friendly, the place was nice, and the travellers there were super nice. Definitely will encourage every traveller to come here

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Very friendly, warm and welcoming staffs.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Dormitory was full so booked first night in single room and the morning move to dormitory for 2 nights.Room was with only a sliding door with 10 cm open space,no Key.Everybody can look inside, roof too with 10 cm of open space so every animals can come inside.Full of big spiders.Safety box with a ring for lock so small that i could't use it. Go out for dinner with values in a bag because can't let there.Told at reception,but they don't care. Check-out after 1 day and they don't refuse nothi

• 9th Jul 2015

Hi, you did booked for your first night a two bed dorm with balcony and not a single room. The gap on the sliding door is max 2cm and we do have inside of this dorm and at the main building locker. They're so large that will fit a big backpack. The small safety boxes are large enough for wallet and passport. We did refund to you the 3rd night! And sorry for a big spider.

The place is nice and I realy like the room, big and confortable., with water and water boiler. I love the mosquito net on the windows and on the bed. From my room I could hear the outside noise but is a quiet place. In my opinion the price and the quality are balance. I'll recomend this place and if I come back I'll repeat.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Spain

For the price, I think It's good.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

For the price 275/night it's the absolute best as long as you are ok with heat. The nights gets very, very warm. Great staff and great hospitality! Loved my stay

The staff are friendly and nice. The room are at the most value-for-money whole year round. Ideal budget stay for backpackers.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Really friendly place. The facilities are basic but for the money it's great as the location is just amazing!

definitely will be back here once I back to Moalboal

• 14th May 2015
  • Indonesia

This hostel was great. Great value for money. Minutes from the beach and ocean. Take a five minute ride into the city. The staff greeted me like family. Even enjoyed some drinks and pool with the boss. Very friendly. I stayed in a private room that had locks for my belongings. The beds were equipped with mosquito nets which worked amazing. Enjoy a drink and talk with another backpacker on there bamboo balcony!! Would definitely stay again! Also located on the beach strip. Maybe close by restraun

Owner upgrade our stay to private room fan for free instead of 4bedded dorm. It's cool. But, at the night no water shower in my room. I ask the staff. She said water only will available on 6am tomorrow. So i have to use outside shower. Tomorrow around 630am. Still no water available. I dont know why. Overall good and value money to stay.

very good. superb location. great common area. very recommended.

The hostel is easy to reach from the busstop because every mototaxi knows it. It is located in the center of the beach promenade (but not beach side). It is probably the cheapest option in Moalboal and thats why I booked it. But as they say: You get what you pay for. Compared to other hostels in the world, this hostel was under average (poor wifi, once no water, no hot water, no AC, filipino staff not always so friendly, no door to the dorm). I only slept at the hostel and for that it was OK.

They recommend a guy called Dordoy to take return us to the airport he did not show up and left us stranded at 1am in the morning causing us to miss our flight. Do not use him very untrustworthy.

Friendly staff. Will come snd stay here again, and again!

• 18th Mar 2015