New Peking Guest House

• A1 12/F Block A Chung King Mansion, Yau Tsim Mong District (Tsim Sha Tsui), Hong Kong, Hong Kong
8.4
Fabulous 434 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 434 Total Reviews
New Peking Guest House Located at A1 12/F Block A Chung King Mansion, Yau Tsim Mong District (Tsim Sha Tsui), Hong Kong.
Hong Kong
Hong Kong A1 12/F Block A Chung King Mansion, Yau Tsim Mong District (Tsim Sha Tsui)
84% 434
22.2964522 114.1725075
    Rooms available

30th Apr 2016
4.0

The Internet did not work for me the first 24 hours. Later, it worked just long enough to confirm there were no incoming messages. However, that was misinformation because the message I needed showed up the next day and confirmed it had been sent more then 24 hours earlier. My trip, including my flight expenses from the mainland was ruined because I missed my meeting, due to the errant Internet. When I canceled day 3 of my reservation, it took police intervention to get me out of there.

27th Apr 2016
7.7

I spent 3 nights in this place, Peter was very helpful, the room was small but I didn't care, there is so much to do in Hong Kong you don't need a big room. It was clean and yes a bit loud this is why I always travel with earplugs. I had a hard time finding it though probably due to my jet lag and being tired. Yes there are many Indians outside of the building trying to bring you to a different hotel, if you ignore them is fine, they are harmless.

4th Feb 2016

This was my third visit to the guest house and I enjoyed the stay. I appreciated how Peter helped extend my stay which gave me an affordable sparkling clean room with its own bathroom through the Chinese's New Year parade and fireworks. Both of these great events were all within walking distance of the guest house. Downside is that the room is quite small but the price is right. Lastly there are annoying hawkers in the lobby vying for your attention.

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2015

Location and value for money is great.

• jetho789987
  • Malaysia, Male, 31-40
31st Dec 2015
6.3

Too noisy, can hear outside people talking from the room.

4th Dec 2015

This was my second stay and I was very happy that I returned. The best part of my stay was the ease of using the airport bus to get from the airport to the New Peking Guest House. The bus drops you within a few minutes of the doorsteps to the entrance of the building. The owner was gracious with my late arrival at midnight as my flight was delayed two hours. Downside issues are the small rooms and hawkers in the main lobby that can be annoying. Best value for a safe single room in HK.

• LVIDAL
  • Philippines, Male, 25-30
3rd Dec 2015
8.0

Location and price is the best thing this hostel has going for it. Some bad stuff: I got placed near the entrance, and it was very noisy given the thin walls. You can hear the clanging and banging of doors as well as the arrival talk of each visitor. You can even hear conversations. At one night during my stay, I can hear unpaid salary arguments between the hotel owner and the lady who cleans the hotel, who from what I gathered was due to leave her employment on the same day. It was very sad

• USA, Female, 41+
28th Nov 2015

The people hanging out in the front of the building are sketch. For anyone who is on a tight budget I would recommend it though. The proprietors (Peter and wife) are lovely.

• England, Couple, 31-40
27th Nov 2015
7.4

Lovely welcome, clean room with ensuite wet room. Able to leave luggage until departure and really helpful staff. Its only a few mins walk to shops, restaurants, wonderful views, airport bus stop, ferry & subway within 5-10 min walk. If I were a female travelling alone, I might feel intimidated staying here and although there's a card swipe system at the entrance to the hostel, wouldn't feel safe. We often took the stairs, which anyone can enter via, they lead to areas, from shops to a market.

21st Nov 2015

Good affordable guest-house in a excellent location. No complaints.