New Peking Guest House Reviews

A1 12/F Block A Chung King Mansion, Yau Tsim Mong District (Tsim Sha Tsui), Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This was my third visit to the guest house and I enjoyed the stay. I appreciated how Peter helped extend my stay which gave me an affordable sparkling clean room with its own bathroom through the Chinese's New Year parade and fireworks. Both of these great events were all within walking distance of the guest house. Downside is that the room is quite small but the price is right. Lastly there are annoying hawkers in the lobby vying for your attention.

Location and value for money is great.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Too noisy, can hear outside people talking from the room.

This was my second stay and I was very happy that I returned. The best part of my stay was the ease of using the airport bus to get from the airport to the New Peking Guest House. The bus drops you within a few minutes of the doorsteps to the entrance of the building. The owner was gracious with my late arrival at midnight as my flight was delayed two hours. Downside issues are the small rooms and hawkers in the main lobby that can be annoying. Best value for a safe single room in HK.

Location and price is the best thing this hostel has going for it. Some bad stuff: I got placed near the entrance, and it was very noisy given the thin walls. You can hear the clanging and banging of doors as well as the arrival talk of each visitor. You can even hear conversations. At one night during my stay, I can hear unpaid salary arguments between the hotel owner and the lady who cleans the hotel, who from what I gathered was due to leave her employment on the same day. It was very sad

The people hanging out in the front of the building are sketch. For anyone who is on a tight budget I would recommend it though. The proprietors (Peter and wife) are lovely.

• 28th Nov 2015

Lovely welcome, clean room with ensuite wet room. Able to leave luggage until departure and really helpful staff. Its only a few mins walk to shops, restaurants, wonderful views, airport bus stop, ferry & subway within 5-10 min walk. If I were a female travelling alone, I might feel intimidated staying here and although there's a card swipe system at the entrance to the hostel, wouldn't feel safe. We often took the stairs, which anyone can enter via, they lead to areas, from shops to a market.

Good affordable guest-house in a excellent location. No complaints.

I appreciated the little touches such as a free toothbrush, slippers, hot and cold water dispenser, fresh towels everyday, very clean room, Metro and airport transportation all within a block, and of course free W-Fi. Owners here are very pleasant and helpful. Downside is that the single room with its own bathroom is very small. In addition in the main lobby downstairs there can be the tourist hustle that can be a bit annoying while waiting for the elevator. Best value for the money.

The rooms are small but clean, the staff is helpful. The location of the hostel is interesting and makes for a cosmopolitic athmosphere. It's a bit sad that there is no common area where the guest could come together to have a chat and a beer. Also the Hostel does not provide travel information.

Too expensive for such tiny room. Needs to be cheaper

this hong kong. all expensive. you must understard. thanks.

Very clean hostel within the centre of Kowloon. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Be aware that you need to get used to the enviroment around the bulding but the hostel itself is great.

I was in the single room which is extremely small however I settled in fine and actually it's a perfectly suitable size for 1 person paying the price you pay in the middle of Hong Kong! The room was very clean and the wifi was great. The owner was lovely. I would recommend this guesthouse! The men outside of the building are a bit annoying but you'll get this in most places of this price and they aren't rude or intimidating. You just have to say no you have a room booked.

This little hostel was brilliant for the price we paid.It may have been small...but in a city so heavily congested, we really couldnt complain! The owner and his family lived just by the rooms...making it incredibly convenient should anything go wrong. The only downside to the location (this is more of a warning about Kowloon rather than the hostel specifically),is that it definitely feels very seedy. Expect to get bothered by men trying to sell you rip off goods, among other questionable things

• 24th Oct 2015

The owner, Mr Ng was extremely helpful during my stay. Rooms are small, but big enough considering location and price. Free wifi was fairly quick. Since staying there I stayed at a much more expensive hotel and had to pay for a much slower wifi connection, cost almost as much as a days stay at the New Peking. Definitlely would recommend to my freinds and stay here during next visit to Hong Kong.

• 11th Oct 2015