Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

-the type of door may easily open, change a more security lock -wifi very week inside the room -all of them very excellent

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

I had a great three days here and wanted to stay longer but they'd run out of beds. Location is great and rather central which was perfect for me. Not far from food paradise which was a plus. Only down side was the dorm room didn't have any windows but it's was still a good stay here. Would recommend it and would stay here again

The staff here are soo friendly. They made sure my friend and I were safe when we would be outside of the hostel late at night, along with many other acts of kindness!

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel with nice feel to it - especially the open space on the ground floor. We were greated warmly, the room was clean, cosy and air-coned upon arrival and our departure in the middle of the night was no problem, the nice lady at the front desk arranged a taxi was for us (for a better price we would have gotten on our own, obviously). One point of future improvment might be the number of showers and toilets,which was just one each for everyone on the ground floor.All in all: very nice :-)

This place is an absolute gem. The building is gorgeous, the facilities are kept very clean, the beds are quite comfortable, and the staff is unbelievably friendly. The location is ideal because it's right by a happening night life scene, but it's down a side road so the noise isn't a problem. Additionally, free breakfast it's offered every morning. I highly recommend the dorm rooms for backpackers and single travelers, and the guesthouse has lovely rooms for couples.

I stayed here during Penang International Bridge Marathon

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Located just about 15 minutes walk from the Jetty/bus terminal, Old Penang guesthouse had serve us well during our stay in Penang. You basically get what you paid for, a decent place to sleep, walking distance to main attractions in Georgetown, free breakfast/wifi and great hospitality by the staff. Highly recommended

I have stayed at Penang Guesthouse a few times as I like the price and the location. It is a pain if you have a car as there is no car parking. Unfortunately, the last time I stayed I got bitten by bedbugs very badly. This has never happened before, so I was disappointed with my last stay.

attention my english is bad. everything was ok, i enjoed hostel old penag. during booking it would be helpful to know your room is without window. i could not stay in such a room, and was happy there was still a room with window. it was ok to pay a little bit more. the indian woman was very friendly, the chinese woman was always looking in her computer, did not see who come in and out.

• 7th Nov 2014

I had a single room with no window, the exhaust fan was quite loud and the AC was not possible to regulate, it was very cold in the room. But the receptionist was very friendly and helpful and the room was clear. For 2 days a good stay!

• 7th Nov 2014

I had a nice stay. Breakfast was good. The Internet didn't work that well. Especially in the dorm - there were NO internet connection at all. The Hostel is really clean and cosy.

Great place!

• 4th Oct 2014

I like that place soo much

Good location, can walk to most sites. Dorm room large with many beds, but very clean. Basic toast & fruit breakfast. Only complaint... Not enough bathrooms for as many beds they book out. Only 2 downstairs for over 12 people & staff!

It was nice and cozy stay overall. However,it's quite hard to find it for the first time. Little bit of tricky to be found. Plus,outsiders can be fined up to RM30 for not showing parking coupon on the car's dashboard. And first time outsiders won't know it. Please inform if the customer are using their own vehicle. Breakfast are fairly good. Can be improved for sure.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Great Location, lovely old building but modernized inside. Beautiful staircase. We stayed in the double en-suite, quiet room with a really nice shower.

Away from the main road. Easy to chill out at the front porch and watch life pass by. Locals will confirm the building has real old wooden floors, stairs ,tiles and design. Cool.

Great guesthouse in lovely Penang. Very cheap and very clean and beautiful old fashioned house. Loved it!

• 28th Aug 2014

Staff was helpful, friendly, & welcoming. I will definitely come back & recommend the place.

• 24th Aug 2014

Please change the out of shape pillows. Don't let children keep running outside the room (wooden floor, can you imagine how noisy is that?!) before 12pm, It was really really annoying. I was staying in room 5, I'm pretty sure there were bed bug. My legs are bitten all over. Extremely itchy, until now (20/8/2014) the spots are still deep red and swollen. At the same price range, I can have a good and quality in Bangkok, why small place liked Penang can't make it?