Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

I really enjoyed the stay at the Old Penang Guesthouse! The location was amazing, and the atmosphere there was the best I experienced on my stay in Asia so far. Definitely recommend staying there!

• 28th Jul 2015

It is good choice if who would like a cheap and good hotel.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I had a great stay. The hostel is really pretty. I found the staff helpful, although I saw them being a bit rude to some other guests. My room was slightly disappointing, given the shape of buildings in Georgetown, it's understadable not all rooms will have windows, however my room was still very sparse with no decoration.

lovely lady, very clean, it is not a party hostel, you can sleep really well.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Great place to stay in penang. Staff was really nice they gave us great tips on food and on what to do. Walls are thin but night are quiet.

• 19th Jul 2015

Wifi doesnt covered room and sometimes disconnect

Very enjoyable stay at the old Penang! Aircon and wifi were a bit dodgey but breakfast was nice- toast, coffee and fruit. The beds are really small though if on the bottom bunks- distance to bed above I mean! Great location. Would stay again!

Nice and clean room, good shower and friendly staff!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Good location in georgetown. Lady at the desk is very smily and friendly.

Amazing location right in the centre of Georgetown with friendly and helpful staff. Beds are great and the air con is dreamy. I'd definitely recommend staying here

It's an old building so the facilities are just ok and simple but the building is nice. The reception lady is nice to show me the attractions and shops nearby. But the noise at night is very loud maybe because the bar nearby so the music wa s kept on late at night thus I couldn't sleep well at night! So if you are not adapt to the noise you may ask for a quiet room.

Stayed here for two nights. Great place, friendly and helpful staff. Made a few friends too! Would definitely choose this place if I go again to Penang.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff were friendly and helpful, nice to talk to. Location could not be more central and convenient. It's a place I would certainly come back to.

• 21st Jun 2015

Didn't stay long enough to form an impression, but I liked my single room. No windows, but the privacy was well worth the modest additional cost. Walkable distance from the ferry. In the heart of the historic district. 7Eleven and local bus stop on the corner. Wifi is good in lobby but dodgy elsewhere in the building. Old colonial building.

Really nice place to stay! Highly recommended.

Everything is fine. Good staffs and facilities

Great location with cafes and bars surrounding it. My 4-bed female dorm room had no windows, just fyi. Everything was very clean. I liked the minimalist, chic design. There didn't seem to be much socializing going on in the common area, though. Like other people have mentioned there were lots of mosquitos, so use repellant.

The receptionist in the morning is very friendly and informative unlike the one at night look unfavourable.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice hostel! The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful. There aren't many bathrooms, but we never had to wait for more than a couple of minutes. Great location on Love Lane- this is a really nice option for Penang!

It can be quite noisy at night but I suppose that cannot be helped as the place is located in the middle of a busy street. Everything else is perfect :)

• 30th May 2015