Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Really nice place to stay! Highly recommended.

Everything is fine. Good staffs and facilities

Great location with cafes and bars surrounding it. My 4-bed female dorm room had no windows, just fyi. Everything was very clean. I liked the minimalist, chic design. There didn't seem to be much socializing going on in the common area, though. Like other people have mentioned there were lots of mosquitos, so use repellant.

The receptionist in the morning is very friendly and informative unlike the one at night look unfavourable.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice hostel! The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful. There aren't many bathrooms, but we never had to wait for more than a couple of minutes. Great location on Love Lane- this is a really nice option for Penang!

It can be quite noisy at night but I suppose that cannot be helped as the place is located in the middle of a busy street. Everything else is perfect :)

• 30th May 2015
  • Malaysia

What a beautiful building ! ...and they have also a guitar to play with ;)

We stayed in the dorm,beds are great,Nice and firm matress good airco.great stay,gold hostel!!!

Very clean. The walls are quite thin, I could hear the next door conversation even with my ear plugs on.

Great place to stay with a good location, staff are helpful as well. Would be nice if lockers were included

• 8th May 2015

I loved my stay at this hostel! It was very clean, bathrooms were well managed and I liked the little sitting area outside!! Would definitely stay there again

Really lovely hostel, clean and good location. Staff are friendly and always willing to help with directions etc. Nice relaxed atmosphere, easy to meet people. Would definitely stay here again.

All great for me !!

Could have better wifi coverage throughout the hostel, and additional power outlets in the room

Good location, nice and helpful staff.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice staff, great common area. สะอาด สะดวก สบาย คุ้มค่า

I got a horrible bed in the 12 bed dorm and in middle of the night something began to beeb very loud and i didnt sleep at all. Breakfast is very easy, peanut butter but watermelon

Such a welcoming, relaxed place to stay for a few nights while on busy Penang Island. Staff were fantastic at pointing out places to go to eat, see and drink. The room we were in had a nice bed, was quiet and comfortable for it's size. We had caught an overnight train from KL and they were great in getting us into a room well before check in time. Not many showers available so often had to wait but was a great place to wait in so didn't mind. Fully recommended to anyone heading to Georgetown.

Great hostel but just two things to point out. One is that the door to the shower upstairs was broken (I spent 4 days at the hostel and it was never fixed) - that meant that there was only one shower for everybody. Also, it is nice to sit outside but the chair eats were unravelling so rather uncomfortable to sit on.

• 16th Apr 2015

Could do with another shower and toilet for the dorm. Otherwise great hostel only minutes from everything in Georgetown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4