Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Clean and functional. Great place to use as a base to explore Penang.

• 3rd Feb 2016

The hostel is beautiful and well located, but it is the only good things. The staff is not really friendly and I was bitten by bed bugs during my stay...I changed after 2 nights for another plaace

Thank you for taking time to post a review on us. We sincerely apologize the incident happen on you during your stay with us. We have already close the room for 2 weeks and hire professional beg bug control company to do the treatment. We will monitor it from time to time to make sure no more infection. We apologize again and looking forwards to see you again.

it was a horrible stay. I was told by an Indian lady that one staff call Farah from other hostel came and created havoc in the guesthouse. She is very rude by asking guest around not to stay at this guest house.There are many many things happening which I cannot relate all. The Boss of this guesthouse needs to do something to avoid any further damage to its reputation.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Seen a fue comments about the man on the night being abit of an arse and i have to say its so true. The woman is nice but not much help is given by iver, this is more of a place older people would stay. Not a good vibe here i couldnt wait to get out of the place

Think it's a good place that is central and in good walking distance for most stuff. The busses stop close by so you can also easily get around.

Great location and helpful staff. Facilities like toilets, showers, lounge area are good and the simple breakfast is adequate. It would have been nice if the hostel had a copy of an English daily newspaper so that guests can be kept abreast of local news and events.The single room I stayed in could be lit up brighter so that one can actually read better inside the room. .

I stayed in the 12 bed mix dorm, after the first night I woke up with over 300 bed bug bites, and bed sheets covered with blood spots/squished bedbugs. Another girl said she also had to sleep in the lobby bc of bedbugs.I then spoke to the main worker & she said that she knew there were bugs there but put me in it anyway. She sent to 'The Frame' hostel. Ive had to spend a lot of money and time to exterminate the bed bugs from my clothes/bag. Sleeping here is not worth it. Only 1 toilet and shower

Thank you for posting a review about us. We are really sorry that you had such a poor experience with us. We have already hire professional beg bug control company and close the room for couple of week to do the treatment. We will monitor it from time to time to make sure no more infection. We apologize again and looking forwards to see you again.

Only the wifi is not that good, but the staffs are really helpful and nice (great job).

I stay 2 nights in double private room with ensuite bathroom. Not bad breakfast with Jam and toast. The lady who stayed in the morning shift was very helpful and friendly while the night shift guy wasn't friendly indeed. Linen wasn't clean and I found bug in it. Also the wooden floor was horrible, despite that no shoes allowed on the upstairs. Even people are walking slowly you will hear their steps anyways. It was annoying.

Excellent location, generous private rooms with a peaceful , relaxed atmosphere.

Its ok. Location, service, lobby, reasonable price, water, AC, bed condition. Everything is alright. Also u can take any kind of transportation from here. But i think i lost my HDD in here. Did u guys find any HDD which is red color and coverd with balck case. If there r Korean things, must be mine. If u have it, could u send it to my place? I pay all of delivery fee and plus aadditional money. Plz mail me ms910714@naver.com

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Walls paper thin, a minor niggle only. Staff helpful and pleasant. Best location possible!

Everything was good. Right.infront love lane. Easy to find. From the jetty take bus 101 then told bus driver love lane and they will stop at 7eleven right infront love lane. Walk 20 steps you will find. Dont forget to try #selfie coffee right infront the hostel.

It wasn t possible to pay with the creditcard which I used for the initial payment over Internet. Very strange, because in other cases there is even a need to have the same card to pay the rest of the bill. Besides it was announced to have an own bathroom in a threebedroom. This was not reality. So we 2 payed more, having nothing in return, what we couldn t have had much cheaper anyway.Coming into the room there was a mouse on the floor-none of interest for the nightwatch! Only a trap was given!

• 28th Dec 2015

bunkers room - dark, no windows, does not feel good... weird people there... if you have the lower bunker bed - you cannot even sit there since the above bed is very close to yours people having problems with the stuff, arguing a lot, some complains about their rooms (not exactly sure why) huge, massive tourist hostel (you will definitely not experience a family nor party atmosphere)

The lady at the reception (sorry forgot her name) very friendly and helpful. She gave a lot useful guidance on places to visit especially nice local food around heritage area. It saves us alot time. We took family room, simple nice & cozy room we have. Shared toilets are clean. Everything very comfortable. Definitely will visit again.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Helpful, friendly staff, comfy bed (we had private room). Simple self-service breakfast (tea/coffee and toast), tea/coffee all day, and 24-hour access to filtered hot or cold water. Excellent location for people who love to walk: Little India, Chinatown, street art, historical buildings and food (hawkers, restaurants and cafes galore) all nearby. For those who don't fancy an exploratory stroll, tricycles, cabs, buses and bike rentals await. They also offer earplugs for light sleepers Great place

• 24th Dec 2015

Brilliant location. Drinks could maybe have been a bit cheaper. Thinking of going back next xmas. My one marketing suggestion to try and touches of what it would have been like back in the colonial days so that the interior matches the name of the Guest House. It wouldn't cost much and would make it an even better place to someone like me who knew all about the colonials from school. I would definitely return. Maybe a wee bit better breakfast if possible though it was adequate just basic.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Good hostel! Clean rooms and clean, good bathrooms and nice location. We didn't hear the nightlife from our room so it was quiet and nice on our side of the hostel. The only thing I would want is to add more toppings to the sandwiches than just jam at the breakfast. Also a better coffee. Everything else was great!

Very stylish place! I would recommend to go there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4