Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

We spent a very good time here. People friendly, ambiance peaceful, quiet and clean room so a good value...

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hope to clean a room and changing towels everyday. Except that, everything include location, price, atmosphere, staff, room condition is perfect.

I ended up staying for 3 nights in the 12-bed dorm. Good value for money. Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Positive vibe.

Breakfast is very good, and was surprised for the fruit. The bathing room is open all day. A hot/cold water bath was wonderfully enjoy after hiking or sightseeing in a sunny.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Excellent location in Chinatown-there are lots of food places nearby and it's a perfect base for exploring Penang on foot. It's a short walk (15-20mins) to the bus stations but, conveniently, buses to the national park and airport also go past the end of the road. Room was simple but comfortable and clean. There is free filtered drinking water available at all times which was a bonus.

i enjoyed my stay here!amazing place to stay!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice place, helpfull staff and nice atmosphere. Also the place looks clean, but unfortunalety there where bed bugs. I slept in the dorm and a single room. Both places i had troubles and i was bite i think more than 50 times. Terrible!

Very helpful staff, gorgeous building, private room with ensuite is a dream!

• 24th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, geat architecture and good breakfast!

A clean, friendly guesthouse, right in the centre of Georgetown. We stayed in both the double room and the other double room with en suite and whilst both were a little small, they were very comfortable. Wifi was reasonable in the public area but couldnt get it in the rooms. Breakfast was limited to tea/coffee and toast but you could eat as much as you like. Great value and would recommend staying here

-the type of door may easily open, change a more security lock -wifi very week inside the room -all of them very excellent

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

A fantastic guest house but it will be good if there is wifi in the room.

I had a great three days here and wanted to stay longer but they'd run out of beds. Location is great and rather central which was perfect for me. Not far from food paradise which was a plus. Only down side was the dorm room didn't have any windows but it's was still a good stay here. Would recommend it and would stay here again

The staff here are soo friendly. They made sure my friend and I were safe when we would be outside of the hostel late at night, along with many other acts of kindness!

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel with nice feel to it - especially the open space on the ground floor. We were greated warmly, the room was clean, cosy and air-coned upon arrival and our departure in the middle of the night was no problem, the nice lady at the front desk arranged a taxi was for us (for a better price we would have gotten on our own, obviously). One point of future improvment might be the number of showers and toilets,which was just one each for everyone on the ground floor.All in all: very nice :-)

This place is an absolute gem. The building is gorgeous, the facilities are kept very clean, the beds are quite comfortable, and the staff is unbelievably friendly. The location is ideal because it's right by a happening night life scene, but it's down a side road so the noise isn't a problem. Additionally, free breakfast it's offered every morning. I highly recommend the dorm rooms for backpackers and single travelers, and the guesthouse has lovely rooms for couples.

I stayed here during Penang International Bridge Marathon

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Located just about 15 minutes walk from the Jetty/bus terminal, Old Penang guesthouse had serve us well during our stay in Penang. You basically get what you paid for, a decent place to sleep, walking distance to main attractions in Georgetown, free breakfast/wifi and great hospitality by the staff. Highly recommended

I have stayed at Penang Guesthouse a few times as I like the price and the location. It is a pain if you have a car as there is no car parking. Unfortunately, the last time I stayed I got bitten by bedbugs very badly. This has never happened before, so I was disappointed with my last stay.

attention my english is bad. everything was ok, i enjoed hostel old penag. during booking it would be helpful to know your room is without window. i could not stay in such a room, and was happy there was still a room with window. it was ok to pay a little bit more. the indian woman was very friendly, the chinese woman was always looking in her computer, did not see who come in and out.

• 7th Nov 2014