Old Penang GuestHouse Reviews

53, Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Great location. Close to a lot of cool cafe and street food. Staffs were nice. Could use some extra power outlets in the dorm room (the only outlet has to be shared with reading light)

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

We received a warm welcome with good explanations about the hostel and where everything is. The advice about where to go and what to do was very helpful. The rooms are clean but the toilet could be cleaned more often ( we did not find out till we were there that the bathroom and the showers was a sharing one - and more than once there wAs no toilet paper) For people who sleep very lightly - be aware. The house is an old heritage house over 100 years old. So, you hear everything.

• 9th Aug 2015

"First time stay was fantastic" It's my first time stay in a guest house.I was worried about my stay in Penang as I know nothing about this city but after I saw the place , all my hassling gone . It's very close to the street art walk and to bus stations. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful anytime. The rooms are very clean with comfy bed and bathrooms are new renovated , free breakfast and wi-fi such a good thing . Many cafes and bars surrounding and street food highly recommended! especiall

• 7th Aug 2015

Perfect hostel! Highly recommended

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Very clean hostel, kind staff. In the night sometimes very loud from the hostels in neighborhood (we had the room facing to the street.

• 4th Aug 2015

Nice house, well located. warm welcome from the staff and helpfull. Room is cleaned and shared area are clean too. Good free breakfast

Nice colonial building. The double bedroom with bathroom is spacious and clean. The free breakfast is nice. The staff is helpfull and Good place to stay

I really enjoyed the stay at the Old Penang Guesthouse! The location was amazing, and the atmosphere there was the best I experienced on my stay in Asia so far. Definitely recommend staying there!

• 28th Jul 2015

It is good choice if who would like a cheap and good hotel.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I had a great stay. The hostel is really pretty. I found the staff helpful, although I saw them being a bit rude to some other guests. My room was slightly disappointing, given the shape of buildings in Georgetown, it's understadable not all rooms will have windows, however my room was still very sparse with no decoration.

lovely lady, very clean, it is not a party hostel, you can sleep really well.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Great place to stay in penang. Staff was really nice they gave us great tips on food and on what to do. Walls are thin but night are quiet.

• 19th Jul 2015

Wifi doesnt covered room and sometimes disconnect

Very enjoyable stay at the old Penang! Aircon and wifi were a bit dodgey but breakfast was nice- toast, coffee and fruit. The beds are really small though if on the bottom bunks- distance to bed above I mean! Great location. Would stay again!

Nice and clean room, good shower and friendly staff!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Good location in georgetown. Lady at the desk is very smily and friendly.

Amazing location right in the centre of Georgetown with friendly and helpful staff. Beds are great and the air con is dreamy. I'd definitely recommend staying here

It's an old building so the facilities are just ok and simple but the building is nice. The reception lady is nice to show me the attractions and shops nearby. But the noise at night is very loud maybe because the bar nearby so the music wa s kept on late at night thus I couldn't sleep well at night! So if you are not adapt to the noise you may ask for a quiet room.

Stayed here for two nights. Great place, friendly and helpful staff. Made a few friends too! Would definitely choose this place if I go again to Penang.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff were friendly and helpful, nice to talk to. Location could not be more central and convenient. It's a place I would certainly come back to.

• 21st Jun 2015