Old Town Hostel Kanonia Reviews

Jezuicka 2, Warsaw, Poland

most of the staff is not helpfull, and have a funeral atmosphere

Great hostel, excellent location. The room is clean, beds are good and staff is helpful. I would definetely recomend it.

• 12th Apr 2015

Very good location, old square seen from bathroom and cathedral from my room, kitchen like in my grandma's house, nice smell of linen, staff helpful

I had a reservation in this hostel and when I arrived there, they had some problems so they sent me to another hostel. We had to take a taxi that was half price of the hostel price. They didn't even send an email before to tell me. At least, the other hostel was very good.

After booked we asked for an extra bed in our room wich it was not provided at the time, however the staff made their best to acomodate us in an extra room. In our five bed room only one bed had pillows, sheets and covers What made it really uncomfortable. One clean shower for each room.

The people at the front desk were really willing to work with us both on arrival times and on luggage storage. They were also really helpful in helping us plan activities around the city.

• 28th Mar 2015

Quite good

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Actually, it was private apartment and not directly on the hostel. It was great. Worthy of money. Staff was helpful also

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Georgia

It was very loud at night on the stairs outside of bedroom (no sound insolation at all) and I couldn't get asleep for 2 hours (only earplugs saved me). I didn't receive bed linen on first night. Handle on the door was broken and it was not easy to close it. People from my bedroom didn't close it at all (I mean, by the key)! Someone stole my products from the fridge (they were not in the "common" drawer).

This hostel is in a very good location and the staff was ok, not the nicest, I am saying this because the receptionist was speaking only with my boyfriend that is polish, and that was not nice because i don't speak polish :( . my partner and I had the flat which had the same price of the private double room, that was really nice. The flat was ok but the problem was that was really cold and the bed blanket wasn't really warm, the heating was not working, and they did't have curtains.

I had a very beautiful room with a bathroom that felt very homelike. My friends reserved a apartment and unfortunately didn't get it first night. They had to stay in a room without a bathroom while waiting for the apartment they reserved. The staff was fair though - they received a discount.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Really nice Hostel. Warm, clean, friendly and helpful staff. We stayed on the 3rd floor and had a good WiFi connection. The hostel is right in the old town and the city still has its Christmas lights and decorations up, so its beautiful at night!

The best thing about this site is the location: less than 5 minutes walk from the central place of the old town, less than 10 from the river and about 30 from the central railway station, tourist information and exchange points nearby. We got the private apartment for 5: it is in a different building, still with a perfect location, very cossy, with a small but fully equipped kitchen and bathroom, wifi and TV. I will go there if I ever am to come back to Warsaw.

Literally the only location in Warsaw you should stay in, Old Town. Had no issues what so ever and the staff helped us out with questions whenever we needed! We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment out of the hostel, but still super close and convenient, here we had no issues with wifi, which is pretty important. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly.

Great room, very clean and great value for money. Although i would prefer staying somewhere near the centrum station, as in the old town there is really nothing to do besides a one day stroll.

Great hostel to explore the historical center. Perfect location, nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Thank you Marcin! Wishing you all the best in future, Wei Lin

Next to the old town. have a small kitchen where we can cook

there weren't enough electricity plugs and the light in the room wasn't strong enough. also the stairs to thw upper bed are really painfull!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Greece

It's located right between the Old Town's square and a balcony to see the whole vistula, in a charming street and the place is cool. The price is perfect and the staff was friendly. Rooms are nice and clean, there is wifi and the place is warm :)

• 22nd Nov 2014