Old Town Hostel Kanonia Reviews

Jezuicka 2, Warsaw, Poland

We booked just a double bed with a private bathroom and were delighted to find that we had a full apartment, with a working kitchen, lounge and a jacuzzi (!!!!) for just £8 a night each. The location is brilliant, right in the centre of the old town near some of the best restaurants in the city and plenty of tourist attractions that you don't need public transport to get to. The hostel reception had plenty of information leaflets about things to do and let you leave your bags there for free!

The hostel is well located, right on the city centre. The lack of lockers inside the room and the the fact that there was only one key for all the 8 people in the room was very unpleasant. Kitchen was nice though.

We did not have a good experience with the hostel. We arrived tired on a Friday night and although we had booked a private 5 bed room with ensuite bathroom we only got an 8 bed room with shared toilets. When we tried to highlight this situation with the girl working at reception she was extremely rude and said that is what they had. They were no lockers, showers kept going from cold to hot in an instant, there was no atmosphere and reception wrongly told us there was no polish food in the oldtow

I have stayed in a lot oh hostels,but i think I will always remember kanonia. It was very good,beautiful and clean. We were totally satisfied!

Thank You for Your review !

Our twin room was upgraded to a double room apartment when we arrived which was awesome! The room was beautifully cleaned with a kitchen, double bed, single bed and bathroom. The kitchen had everything needed to cook for yourself! The location was amazing, a street off the old town and walking distance to all the major sites! Even the far away ones were only 30 minutes walk!!! Loved our stay here and would recommend to anyone the private apartments!

We arrived friday night, and when we were in the stairs to get to our apartment, we found that the Police was in the flat that was above ours. They were having a party and they were noisy

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Spain

I stayed in a ground floor flat, which should have been better isolated so that I could have slept without all the noise from the street. And also, it was cold inside the flat

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Easy to find located in old town. Some of the staff seemed quite cold towards me when I arrived. I had to leave my key each time I left which was okay because I never lost it but it meant anyone could claim to be staying here as I never had to show ID to claim the key.

Nice hostel, though quite big and set across several floors so less atmosphere. Room was nice though the door from the dorm next to us was quiet noisy - only something I noticed and wasn't really an issue for me. Great location with nice view to the old town and loads of bars and restaurants nearby.

Overall my stay there was alright. There was only 2 keys per room, in a room that slept 8 people. There was only 4 power points that had to be shared by these 8 people. The bathrooms were tiny and no room to get changed afterwards, the shower nosel didn't stay in the hook so I had to hold it while I showered. It was very quiet and a lot more of an older crowd for the other people staying. But central and close to everything in the main square. And alright for a one night stay somewhere

If you're looking for a central hostel that's quiet then this is the place for you. There weren't many young travellers to chat with nor are there cooking facilities in the kitchen. Overall I recommend it for a couple of nights!

It was a great location in the heart of the old town. We had our own private room which was separate to the hostel and situated in another building which was great in terms of privacy and peacefulness. Didn't really have too much interaction with the staff but they seemed nice and willing to help. I would recommend this hostel and if I go back to Warsaw I will be staying there again for sure.

• 18th Sep 2015

The taxi couldn't get to downtown and the hostel didn't specify this

I really enjoyed my stay. People was nice, the staff gave us a lot of help (about the city, what to do...) and the hostel itself was very comfortable. And the most important think: the location! In the middle of the old city center, which is the main area to visit in Warsaw. I only need to say that when I was there (end of August 2015) there were works at the facade. It was only annoying at the morning, when the noise woke up me. I would like to know it (maybe an advice at the hostel's web page)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Thank You for Your comment. Facade renovation is over now. Best Regards.

Excellent location, super nice ensuite room, super cosy and silent hostel. Totally recommend it! Though, please, smile more, we are designed to. :)

Thank You for Your comment :) All the best !

Well, I had booked an apartment for 3 people and I found out at my arrival that the booking was for 6 people although my reservation only mentioned total people staying 3 and not 6. I have explained and showed my reservation to the manager of the hostel and she simply didn't try to understand and didn't offer any help at all with this matter. Yes the hostel was very cheap anyway, but as a matter of fact there were only 3 of us and not 6 and

The staff was really unfriendly, with the exception of a guy we unfortunatly saw only at checkout. Rooms aren't really clean and beds are uncomfortable. Wifi connection sucks. Light in the bathroom was broken and it stayed that way for who knows how long. There is only one key per room, without any locker or safe in it, so you should always carry valuables with you as there is no one checking who enters or exit the hostel.

• 9th Aug 2015

Dear guest Thank You for Your comment. Secure safe boxes You can find at the reception and it's free. Reception works 24 h and we control who is in the Hostel and who not - but without any pressure for our guests, we also have monitoring to made this part of job easier. All the best !

Great location, staff were friendly, however the weather was in the very high 30'C and there was no air conditioning. Other than this it was great!