Old Town Hostel Kanonia Reviews

Jezuicka 2, Warsaw, Poland

Great location (right in the rynek) and good facilities, while compared to other hostels I have been the common area is a little be neglected and the staff was not particuarly friendly

Great place, no atmosphere but the location was ideal and the staff were helpful.

I was sick most of my stay here, so I didn't really interact much with anyone, but my general impression of the hostel was positive. The fact that they don't have a washing machine made me find a different hostel for my last night in Warsaw - there are no laundromats close by to compensate either, so that's the one thing that need a new solution I guess.

This hostel is very far away from the old town (though I usually like to walk a lot), and is located in the cheap end of the city. It is close to a shopping centre. There is not really any place for chilling and meeting people inside, but outside the hostel is a bar where a lot of young hipsters are hanging out.

This hostel is completely devoid of character. The people are very old and very weird. Its only redeeming quality is the price. It's very cheap. The staff aren't very friendly. The common area is awful and not conducive to meeting people. Yes, it's located in old town. But you don't want to spend the night in old town. Stay in the new town and make a day trip to the old town. The hostel is far from any sort of nightlife in Warsaw Lastly, the hostel lacks any security. There are no lockers.

I booked for 2 nights but on the 2nd night someone was asleep in my bed. They had sold my bed. They sorted it out, but the receptionist didn't really seem to care and thought it was funny

• 9th Jul 2015

We enjoyed the charming atmosphere of the hostel; the location in the Old City was perfect. We would stay there again.

Great Hostel, very quiet when I was there on a Thursday night.

Hostel's hard to find if you arrive at night. Right next to the main square in old town, location should be the only reason you choose this place(and the price as well). No locker anywhere, I had to leave my valuables to the reception. Kitchen consist of a fridge, a toaster and a microwave. Wifi is good as long as you're the only one who use it. Staff will answer your questions but won't take the initiative. Make sure to ask for the bed sheet, they forgot to gave me mine on the first night.

The location of this place was literally perfect, right in the heart of the Old Town. The staff was kind of hit-and-miss: one girl was really helpful, but another was not. The bathroom smelled a little weird and the dorm was really small, but I liked how colorful and well-decorated the place was. Overall, it was exactly what I wanted: a cheap bed that served as a launching point for my Warsaw adventures. I would come back!

We spent two whole nights in a bus. In the morning, we arrived at Old Town Hostel Kanonia. We asked for a possibility to take a shower since the check-in time is after midday. The staff was very kind! The man at the reception made a room-upgrad for us. We didn't have to pay more because it was not a very busy time. Great hostel!

Great location. Our room was the kitchen- the common room. It was different but served our purpose. Just felt bad for guests who were expecting to use th kitchen during our stay!

Great hostel!

Perfect location for old town.

most of the staff is not helpfull, and have a funeral atmosphere

Great hostel, excellent location. The room is clean, beds are good and staff is helpful. I would definetely recomend it.

• 12th Apr 2015

Very good location, old square seen from bathroom and cathedral from my room, kitchen like in my grandma's house, nice smell of linen, staff helpful

I had a reservation in this hostel and when I arrived there, they had some problems so they sent me to another hostel. We had to take a taxi that was half price of the hostel price. They didn't even send an email before to tell me. At least, the other hostel was very good.

After booked we asked for an extra bed in our room wich it was not provided at the time, however the staff made their best to acomodate us in an extra room. In our five bed room only one bed had pillows, sheets and covers What made it really uncomfortable. One clean shower for each room.

The people at the front desk were really willing to work with us both on arrival times and on luggage storage. They were also really helpful in helping us plan activities around the city.

• 28th Mar 2015