Old Town Hostel Kanonia Reviews

Jezuicka 2, Warsaw, Poland

You keep e- mailing me and I have never used your company! Also my name is not Christopher! Also I have opted out.

• 18th Aug 2015

Well, I had booked an apartment for 3 people and I found out at my arrival that the booking was for 6 people although my reservation only mentioned total people staying 3 and not 6. I have explained and showed my reservation to the manager of the hostel and she simply didn't try to understand and didn't offer any help at all with this matter. Yes the hostel was very cheap anyway, but as a matter of fact there were only 3 of us and not 6 and

The staff was really unfriendly, with the exception of a guy we unfortunatly saw only at checkout. Rooms aren't really clean and beds are uncomfortable. Wifi connection sucks. Light in the bathroom was broken and it stayed that way for who knows how long. There is only one key per room, without any locker or safe in it, so you should always carry valuables with you as there is no one checking who enters or exit the hostel.

• 9th Aug 2015

Great location, staff were friendly, however the weather was in the very high 30'C and there was no air conditioning. Other than this it was great!

In the private room in separate building. Not really a twin. Basic. Good location on edge of old town. Staff were mixed depending on who was working.

Great location (right in the rynek) and good facilities, while compared to other hostels I have been the common area is a little be neglected and the staff was not particuarly friendly

Great place, no atmosphere but the location was ideal and the staff were helpful.

I was sick most of my stay here, so I didn't really interact much with anyone, but my general impression of the hostel was positive. The fact that they don't have a washing machine made me find a different hostel for my last night in Warsaw - there are no laundromats close by to compensate either, so that's the one thing that need a new solution I guess.

This hostel is very far away from the old town (though I usually like to walk a lot), and is located in the cheap end of the city. It is close to a shopping centre. There is not really any place for chilling and meeting people inside, but outside the hostel is a bar where a lot of young hipsters are hanging out.

This hostel is completely devoid of character. The people are very old and very weird. Its only redeeming quality is the price. It's very cheap. The staff aren't very friendly. The common area is awful and not conducive to meeting people. Yes, it's located in old town. But you don't want to spend the night in old town. Stay in the new town and make a day trip to the old town. The hostel is far from any sort of nightlife in Warsaw Lastly, the hostel lacks any security. There are no lockers.

I booked for 2 nights but on the 2nd night someone was asleep in my bed. They had sold my bed. They sorted it out, but the receptionist didn't really seem to care and thought it was funny

• 9th Jul 2015

We enjoyed the charming atmosphere of the hostel; the location in the Old City was perfect. We would stay there again.

Great Hostel, very quiet when I was there on a Thursday night.

Had such a great time during my stay. Perfect location, literally 1 minute walking from Old town centre. The only negative point is that it was a bit difficult to find as it is in a hidden street, and I had to pay 5 PLN to get a towel, despite that, I highly recommend Kanonia for those who are heading to Warsaw, if I am back in the city in the future I will surely repeat!

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Spain

Hostel's hard to find if you arrive at night. Right next to the main square in old town, location should be the only reason you choose this place(and the price as well). No locker anywhere, I had to leave my valuables to the reception. Kitchen consist of a fridge, a toaster and a microwave. Wifi is good as long as you're the only one who use it. Staff will answer your questions but won't take the initiative. Make sure to ask for the bed sheet, they forgot to gave me mine on the first night.

The location of this place was literally perfect, right in the heart of the Old Town. The staff was kind of hit-and-miss: one girl was really helpful, but another was not. The bathroom smelled a little weird and the dorm was really small, but I liked how colorful and well-decorated the place was. Overall, it was exactly what I wanted: a cheap bed that served as a launching point for my Warsaw adventures. I would come back!

We spent two whole nights in a bus. In the morning, we arrived at Old Town Hostel Kanonia. We asked for a possibility to take a shower since the check-in time is after midday. The staff was very kind! The man at the reception made a room-upgrad for us. We didn't have to pay more because it was not a very busy time. Great hostel!

Great location. Our room was the kitchen- the common room. It was different but served our purpose. Just felt bad for guests who were expecting to use th kitchen during our stay!

Great hostel!

Perfect location for old town.