Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

Great atmosphere, very knowledgeable staff, great beds. Great place.

The wifi isn't great in the room I stayed in, but there's a computer available and wifi is not a problem in the communal areas.

Great place in relaxing wine country! If you want to relax outside the city, then this is the place. Right in the middle of Florence and Siena.

Amazing staff, amazing place. Couldn't recommend highly enough. The hostel itself isn't the prettiest to look at, but the showers were clean and hot, the beds were comfy and the people were fantastic. Stay here, hire a Vespa and enjoy Tuscany!!!

I love this hostel and Tavarnelle in Val di Pesa. This was the second time that I stayed here and I had a great stay like always. Great hostel and great staff.

It is the best hostel I have stayed in. Ever. The friendly staff and the beautiful countryside make it a must-go.

Lovely place to stay if you want a quieter location. Beautiful region, and Dechlan let me use one of the bikes one day to your the region. Full size fridge and dishes you can use to make food, also a filling breakfast. Spacious rooms and everyone was super friendly - had a great time!

Really beautiful area to explore in between big Italian cities. Drank lots of incredible wine and went for a 7km walk with the most breathtaking views. Also, the closest gelateria is AMAZING. The hostel itself is incredibly accommodating and homely feeling - the only thing I missed was access to a whole kitchen (they supply a small convection oven, microwave, kettle, however - just without access to a close sink or a stove) but that barely impeded on the stay. Also met some really lovely people.

Overall an okay stay. Wished the wifi would stretch to more than just the common area, and wish we had gotten a real map that included nearby cities! Shower was cold, breakfast was alright for €2. Pretty walk to a few wineries nearby.

This hostel is not in Florence, but the people who work here really are awesome. This is great if you want to get out of the city and walk between some small tuscan towns. Great atmosphere and met some cool people.

Mosquitoes ruined it for me. Go to Bassetto Guesthouse, I did that and it beats this hostel on every level.

The best hostel we have stayed in yet! Pretty far from the city of Florence, but Tavarnelle Val di Pesa is so charming we only went into Florence once. There's a really great community vibe and the staff was welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

I loved my stay in the hostel. The staff is great and it is really easy to know people there. The place itself isnt very great, it is old, but the location is nice. You have to read carefully the information about the hostel because on saturday, the check in is at 8:30 pm which is unusual so try not to arrive on saturday!

• 5th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. It was a little quiet, but also very personal and relaxed atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Good value for money.

Location is the best if you want to spend some time out of the city. Florence is about 1hr by bus. The bus station is close by and tickets are easy to get (3-5min walk). The views are so gorgeous that the bus trip seems about 5mins. There's a little festival where the Main St is closed off to cars so that the restraurants can flow onto the street and a market can be set up. This happens every Tuesday night during summer. There's so many free wine tasting close by. The staff are fantastic.

So hostel is not in Florence at all but even better because it's in a little village with lots of cheap wine and the best and cheapest gelato in Italy! So fun we didn't even bother going into Florence. Staff were great.

Really a great place about an hour outside of Florence. Walking distance to wineries, cafes, and a great place to watch sunsets. I would stay here again easily!

I had a great time staying here, it was nice to get out of the city for a bit. There is plenty to do nearby. I did horseback riding and lots of wine tastings (there are also cooking classes). The staff is very helpful with tips on where to eat and calling to make reservations for anything. The hostel itself was not that great. The view was of another building, there was nothing outside (plants/garden) and there was not much to do in the hostel either. But I would stay again