Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

Really a great place about an hour outside of Florence. Walking distance to wineries, cafes, and a great place to watch sunsets. I would stay here again easily!

I had a great time staying here, it was nice to get out of the city for a bit. There is plenty to do nearby. I did horseback riding and lots of wine tastings (there are also cooking classes). The staff is very helpful with tips on where to eat and calling to make reservations for anything. The hostel itself was not that great. The view was of another building, there was nothing outside (plants/garden) and there was not much to do in the hostel either. But I would stay again

• 11th Aug 2015

Loved our stay! We loved staying in such a cute and quaint little town! Tuesday night is a great night in town too! The staff were so lovely and helpful! If you are over being in a big city and want some time away where you can go to vineyards and relax then it's your place! Great value for money! We stayed a week!

The staff were really lovely and helpful! Wine region is beautiful

• 26th Jul 2015

A good hostel with great potential. The staff were absolutely amazing and so willing to help. The location was great, but buses from florence stopped running pretty early. The facilities could be improved upon. Only some rooms were able to reach the common room wifi, there was no kitchen to prepare your food, and the showers werent that great and there was only one per floor. However, the overall atmosphere of the place was great and it was really easy to meet people as a solo traveller.

Ostello del Chianti is a bit out of Florence, but well worth the effort. It provides great value for money, clean rooms, relaxed atmosphere and truly amazing staff. No kitchen, but plenty of options for food in town. Very highly recommend.

The staff and atmosphere was great. Great location with the hostel being a short walk to the town centre and 3 vinyards within walking distance. Only thing poor about the place is lack of air conditioning/fans and fly screens. By the end of my stay i looked like I had chicken pox with all the mosquito bites I received during the night. You either leave the window open and get sleep and mosquito bites or you close the window and get no bites and no sleep.

The directions to the hostel are not easy to follow, but once you've found this place you aren't going to want to leave. The location is stunning with incredible views, a quaint little town and a medieval village with wine tasting a short walk down the road. No air con and the wifi wasn't great in the rooms but it still had good facilities and me and my mate loved the ping pong!

Great place about an hour out of Florence. Excellent for us as we have had a lot of big city stays and it was nice to be out in the country side for a while. Awesome atmosphere. Cheap beer and wine :)

Located in a beautiful village, make sure you go to the medieval village and try the free wine tasting. Great common area, good place to meet other travellers. There was a festival on in the village which was heaps of fun. Staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful. Only negative is the wifi wasn't great

very friendly and accommodating staff. nice rooms. unfortunately there is no air conditioning so it is quite hot and there is a very severe mosquito problem in the rooms. I was bitten dozens of times in a single night by some vicious mosquitoes, which despite the good time I had there, largely ruined the last few days of my trip for me.

Great facilities & atmosphere in the hostel, could use some fans in the rooms and shade in the outdoor areas but those are the only cons. 1Hr bus ride to Florence but that's not a real huge problem considering the cost compared to hostels in Florence. Sylvia the hostess was amazing, super helpful and gave us some of her wine to share with our dinners. We enjoyed the Tuscany countryside and local wine tours whilst there. Would stay here again if in the area.

At first I wasn't sure about this place because it is far away from everything and I am traveling alone and I was the only person in my room. Met a few other people at the hostel who made it fun. Great if you are looking for some quiet time away from the city in an authentic Italian town. Would have enjoyed to have a car to explore a little easier, but the place was nice for what it was.

Staff is awesome. Sylvia gave us some chianti to try the first night we got there. But the nights are really hot and there isn't any air conditioning. But when you open the windows you end up getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. The bus ride over was a bit confusing and no one spoke English. Other than that, tavarnelle was a cute town to visit. I wouldn't recommend staying for longer than two nights though. Not much to do but drink wine.

We absolutely loved this hostel, it was in such a cute little town which gave us the opportunity to see more of Tuscany than we thought we would. The hosts were amazing, so helpful and gave us lots of ideas for things to do. The bathroom and beds were all generally very good. The hostel has such a lovely atmosphere. I would definitely recommend and will stay again if I am ever near Florence again!

This is a small village so hostel in this kind of places is a little bit unique to start with. Great staff and warm atmosphere. Good, free breakfast. It's hard to describe but I found attraction to this place in some subtle way. I stayed one more extra night. Very affordable hostel.

When reserving a stay at ostello, you are reserving a visit to chianti, Tuscany. The bus ride to Florence is a one hour bus ride away. That said, wine country ended up being a high point throughout our tour of Italy. The staff available were friendly and arguably the best aspect of this hostel. Ostello, PLEASE improve your directions to the destination. Getting there from the train station was much more difficult than it needed to be. Otherwise, a very lovely hostel with no air conditioning.

It was a bit difficult to reach from Florence, but once you are there it's such a beautiful and wonderful location. Sylivia and everyone else I encountered were so helpful. They drove is to nearby towns to go to a local festival, where I sampled food and wine from the region. I met a lot of nice people both working and staying at the hostel. I wanted to stay another night, but my next hostel was expensive and would not budge on my reservation.

I felt the room were a little dusty. I couldn't sleep very well and neither did my friends.

• 25th Jun 2015

Sylvia and Declan went out of their way to help guests. Providing info of local attractions and Sylvia actually drove some guests to a local festival and arranged to have them bought back to the hostel later. It was quite warm there and there is no aircond or fans. The place needs to invest in some insect screens for windows in rooms and long term fans or aircond for the summer months. Good price, cheap breakfast, good beds and plenty of space in rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3