Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

very friendly and accommodating staff. nice rooms. unfortunately there is no air conditioning so it is quite hot and there is a very severe mosquito problem in the rooms. I was bitten dozens of times in a single night by some vicious mosquitoes, which despite the good time I had there, largely ruined the last few days of my trip for me.

Great facilities & atmosphere in the hostel, could use some fans in the rooms and shade in the outdoor areas but those are the only cons. 1Hr bus ride to Florence but that's not a real huge problem considering the cost compared to hostels in Florence. Sylvia the hostess was amazing, super helpful and gave us some of her wine to share with our dinners. We enjoyed the Tuscany countryside and local wine tours whilst there. Would stay here again if in the area.

At first I wasn't sure about this place because it is far away from everything and I am traveling alone and I was the only person in my room. Met a few other people at the hostel who made it fun. Great if you are looking for some quiet time away from the city in an authentic Italian town. Would have enjoyed to have a car to explore a little easier, but the place was nice for what it was.

Staff is awesome. Sylvia gave us some chianti to try the first night we got there. But the nights are really hot and there isn't any air conditioning. But when you open the windows you end up getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. The bus ride over was a bit confusing and no one spoke English. Other than that, tavarnelle was a cute town to visit. I wouldn't recommend staying for longer than two nights though. Not much to do but drink wine.

We absolutely loved this hostel, it was in such a cute little town which gave us the opportunity to see more of Tuscany than we thought we would. The hosts were amazing, so helpful and gave us lots of ideas for things to do. The bathroom and beds were all generally very good. The hostel has such a lovely atmosphere. I would definitely recommend and will stay again if I am ever near Florence again!

It was a bit difficult to reach from Florence, but once you are there it's such a beautiful and wonderful location. Sylivia and everyone else I encountered were so helpful. They drove is to nearby towns to go to a local festival, where I sampled food and wine from the region. I met a lot of nice people both working and staying at the hostel. I wanted to stay another night, but my next hostel was expensive and would not budge on my reservation.

• 26th Jun 2015

I felt the room were a little dusty. I couldn't sleep very well and neither did my friends.

• 25th Jun 2015

Sylvia and Declan went out of their way to help guests. Providing info of local attractions and Sylvia actually drove some guests to a local festival and arranged to have them bought back to the hostel later. It was quite warm there and there is no aircond or fans. The place needs to invest in some insect screens for windows in rooms and long term fans or aircond for the summer months. Good price, cheap breakfast, good beds and plenty of space in rooms.

Little far from everything, but good relaxing atmosphere. Nice staff.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great stay! We were only here for one night and wish we had stayed longer it was such a lovely area to be in and very close to Florence. Breakfast was great too. Great place to stay!

This place was gorgeous my god Chianti and Tuscany are just such a great place to get away from the city for a second. Attendants were awesome people and spoke a multitude of languages to accommodate their guests and genuinely funny and nice guys. They even offer tours around the major attractions with a guide from the hostel. The rooms are so nice and spacious wih large lockers that could fit two suitcases. Only quarrel wit the place is that getting there late night is impossible except by taxi

Great hostel for meeting people. Not the best of the best in terms of beds, facilities or things like that though. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend others stay there if they want to make friends.

Loved the social areas - met a lot of new people. It's a small town, but a bus to florence makes it pretty easy to get around.

I had a great stay, the staff were friendly and very kind and the place had a great atmosphere and was able to meet a really great group of people.

Sylvia was amazing! I had an incredibly experience at this hostel. The town is quite small but it's super authentic..you feel like you are in a real Italian village. Also, there was an amazing night market on when I stayed there (recommended by Sylvia!). All in all I had a wonderful experience here - could go on and on. Great atmosphere, beautiful location, amazing experience!

The location in Tavarnelle was quite far (about 1 hour bus ride from Florence), but the village is cute and the surroundings very beautiful :) Atmosphere in the hostel is laid back and cheerful, it was easy to feel at home. Staff was amazing!

We had a great time here. At first we were worried that there wouldn't be much to do, since it's in a small town called Tavernelle which is about an hour drive from Florence, but Tavernelle is actually the perfect base camp for seeing Tuscany. We did day trips to Florence, Sienna, and San Gimignano, and we just hung out in the area. In addition to being a good location, the people working at the hostel are incredibly nice and make it a very social, fun environment.

• 10th Jun 2015

The announce says it is in Florence but it is not true, the hostel is in a place named Chianti and it is 1.5 hours from Florence

If you had come here you would have realised that buses take 40 to 50 minutes to get here. The first thing we state is that we are 23 km south of the city. You should not rate a place you did not see.

I LOVED this hostel! The owners/staff are friendliest and very helpful. Its a small city/town, but close to vineyards, other towns, and major centres. I came here to relax for a few days, and it's the perfect place to do so. N.B. Buses are infrequent on weekends and holidays, so you may be stuck in Tavarnelle.

I absolutely love my stay here. Sylvia (I believe her name was, working at the check in) was a wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. Also very grateful for the refrigerator access.

« first « Prev 1 2 3