Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

I stayed there for 1 night and I thought it was a little waste of time. Nothing much to see/do in the town. And the "heart of Chianti" can only be reached by bus. The hostel didnt have a friendly atmosphere. But it was clean and quiet. The lady at the reception was awesome though!!! Without her the hostel would be bland

Ostello de Chianti was the perfect place to stay! It's location is ideal if you want to get both the Chianti (Tuscany) and Florence regions! It is only a 50 minute bus ride from Florence, but you can actually see more of Italy instead of just buildings and monuments! There is also a medieval town in walking distance from the hostel also and a great winery La Spinsoa! The staff was extremely helpful, the place was clean, met so many good people, and would come back again! Thanks Ostello!

The staff were lovely however the Mosquitos were really bad in our room. Seemed to be breading in the bathroom. It was hot during the night with no fan provided and so had to have the window open letting more Mosquitos in. Other guest were very noisy in the dinning area until 01.00 in morning do didn't sleep the best.

• 28th Jul 2014

This hostel is about a hour away from the actual city of Florence. It's a gorgeous town with vineyards surrounding it. The hostel itself was good, clean and friendly. Great price.

I would NOT suggest this place if you want to see Florence (too far and considering the bus ride, you wouldn't save any money). BUT if you want a break from sightseeing and just want to relax a bit in some nice tuscan sun and see some nature, then I WOULD definitely recommends this place. Free wine tasting down the street. Overpriced bike rental Great breakfast buffet for 2 euros. Lady at reception is super friendly

This is a really nice hostel located in lovely Tavarnelle...... It's quite a bustrip away from Florence, so we wouldn't recommend you to choose this hostel, if you're only interested in the City of Florence. Except from that this Hostel is so nice; the staff is so friendly and gave us a private room because of a missing key for the dorm - and we shouldn't pay more. We extended our stay because of the good atmosphere. Nice and clean. Wi-fi very spotty though. :-) We'd go there again!

Place is a little run down. Our room only had 1 electrical outlet that worked and it was loose. We did have a small terrace and set there each evening to journal. We just used that place to sleep and traveled all day so it was fine for what we needed.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great vibes around the hostel, free wine tastings down the road. Good location to go between Florence and Siena but if you're going by bus don't expect to be out too late since the buses stop around 8. The staff are really accommodating and so are the people that live around. Recommended

In a nice small town right in countryside. Don't expect to shuffle back and forth from here and Florence but instead soak in the Tuscan countryside with wineries all over and small reasonable restaurants to soak in the culture.

I absolutely LOVED IT there!!! The staff is oh so helpful and friendly and not to mention how many people I met my two day stay! It's amazing how well I spent it here. The countryside is absolutely beautiful! DEFINITELY worth the investment(: the backpackers there are so nice that you just wanna to stay longer. I definitely recommend anyone to stay!

• 26th Jun 2014

I stayed in Ostello del Chianti with 6 friends and stayed in two different rooms. From the moment we arrived at the hostel we felt very welcome - at the reception we were given detailed maps of the town and surrounding area which recommended restaurants, bars, vineyards (with free wine tasting) and walks (one to a beautiful medieval town). The rooms, although very basic, were clean and spacious with their own balcony and two ensuite bathrooms. A beautifully located hostel in Chianti.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Wales

The staff was very helpful with knowledge of the surrounding area and help with museum reservations in Florence. Yes, this place is far away from the city, but the drive is beautiful and a great place to see the Tuscan area! Plus some of the best hostel hang out time since there isn't too much to do in the town at night. Everything was clean and spacious! Only could get wifi in the common area, pay for breakfast (decent) and free computer to use! Definitely come stay here and you won't regret!

True, this hostel is not in Florence so you'll have to take a 45 minute bus to get into town, but it is in the most beautiful little village with the most amazing view of Tuscany. There are also free wine tours and a little medieval town within walking distance. I personally preferred to take day trips to Florence and live in the amazingly picturesque village of tavernelle. It was beautiful and quiet and the friendliest people I've met so far in Italy live there. The hostel itself is really nice

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff were great! Responded to their emails promptly. There is a lovely area that allows for the guests to connect to the internet and has couches and tables. You can watch the TV in the common room and they have cold beverages for sale in the common area. BEWARE that a double room is actually a four-person room with two bunk beds. There are very spacious lockers in the rooms. The directions on the e-mail are not as clear as they could be but the staff were great.

Good for getting away from big cities. Not in Florence but that's what we wanted. The staff was wonderful. There are small towns, wine tastings, pasta classes... Plenty of things to do and accessible by food, bike, car, or bus. Wifi was spotty.

This is an awesome Hostel. In a small town near Florence, the hostel has a great young atmosphere, with a nice breakfast. Very good for lone travellers, like myself, met a lot of people and was never really by myself. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Best hostel ever, definitely recommend it!!

The location is not convenient at all. Unless you have a car I would not advise staying here.

A fantastic hostel if you're interested in truly being in the countryside of Tuscany. A small hostel and easy to meet people. However, in the town itself there isn't much to do - and many of the typical "Tuscan" activities are easy to do from Florence as well. Do not stay here if you want to visit Florence - it's about a 45 minute bus ride and fairly difficult to navigate.

No staff on site, have to check in across the street. Only good thing close to bus/train stations.

Hello, I am afraid that you are mistaking us with some other place. I was here to check you in when you arrived and we had some conversations about your trip to Marocco and in particular about your stay in Essaouira. This is Ostello del Chianti and there is no other place across the street from us and neither are we close to a train station. All the best Declan

The breakfast buffet was great, but there is no real kitchen to cook your own food in.