Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

I had an amazing experience at this hostel! Sylvia is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and instantly makes you feel welcomed. I was so late for my check in time but she simply said ´´you´re right on time!´´ Very clean and tidy. However, i stayed with only one other person in my room because it was the last day of the season. There is free wine tasting and a cute town all very accessible by foot. Very good place if you want quiet! I would definitely reccomend this hostel.

• 1st Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in ostello. 1. Clean 2. Amazing view 3. Staff is super kind- she drove me to one of the best pizza place for free. 4.wifi works only in common room.

everything is great. Just a bit difficult to get there if you dont have a car. Bus is the only way, and not very frequent scheduled. no kitchen facilities. Good place to retreat and enjoy lovely countryside of Toscana.

This was my second stay here (because I loved it so much!) And it was wonderful as usual. Sylvia is the hostess with the mostest! So sweet and energetic and welcoming! I've met great people there each time I stayed. It's quiet and relaxing in a town of the beaten path(, but a quick cheap bus ride away,) out of the tourist mob in Florence, half way to Siena, in the heart of Chianti. Great value for the money. Nice European breakfast spread in the morning. Love this place!!xoxo Sylvia!!

Hostel is located in the middle of the Chianti region, less than an hour bus ride to Siena and Florence. Bus stops, grocery store, good restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance. Wine tastings at vineyards, hotels and restaurants all over, try La Spinosa in old town Barberino, and Hotel Cortefredo! Also Silvia and the other man who work at reception are very lovely, even the cleaning lady is nice. Silvia was extremely helpful to me when I had an issue with the post, always kind & smiling!!

This was a great stay in Tuscany! Close enough to Florence without paying Florence prices. Clean quiet and meet a lot of great people here. In a quiet but , was good to get away from the overly touristy buzz. Great food, great wine is very close . Hostel h has great facilities and amenities