Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

It was a bit difficult to reach from Florence, but once you are there it's such a beautiful and wonderful location. Sylivia and everyone else I encountered were so helpful. They drove is to nearby towns to go to a local festival, where I sampled food and wine from the region. I met a lot of nice people both working and staying at the hostel. I wanted to stay another night, but my next hostel was expensive and would not budge on my reservation.

• 26th Jun 2015

Sylvia and Declan went out of their way to help guests. Providing info of local attractions and Sylvia actually drove some guests to a local festival and arranged to have them bought back to the hostel later. It was quite warm there and there is no aircond or fans. The place needs to invest in some insect screens for windows in rooms and long term fans or aircond for the summer months. Good price, cheap breakfast, good beds and plenty of space in rooms.

Little far from everything, but good relaxing atmosphere. Nice staff.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great stay! We were only here for one night and wish we had stayed longer it was such a lovely area to be in and very close to Florence. Breakfast was great too. Great place to stay!

This place was gorgeous my god Chianti and Tuscany are just such a great place to get away from the city for a second. Attendants were awesome people and spoke a multitude of languages to accommodate their guests and genuinely funny and nice guys. They even offer tours around the major attractions with a guide from the hostel. The rooms are so nice and spacious wih large lockers that could fit two suitcases. Only quarrel wit the place is that getting there late night is impossible except by taxi

Great hostel for meeting people. Not the best of the best in terms of beds, facilities or things like that though. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend others stay there if they want to make friends.

Loved the social areas - met a lot of new people. It's a small town, but a bus to florence makes it pretty easy to get around.

I had a great stay, the staff were friendly and very kind and the place had a great atmosphere and was able to meet a really great group of people.

Sylvia was amazing! I had an incredibly experience at this hostel. The town is quite small but it's super authentic..you feel like you are in a real Italian village. Also, there was an amazing night market on when I stayed there (recommended by Sylvia!). All in all I had a wonderful experience here - could go on and on. Great atmosphere, beautiful location, amazing experience!

The location in Tavarnelle was quite far (about 1 hour bus ride from Florence), but the village is cute and the surroundings very beautiful :) Atmosphere in the hostel is laid back and cheerful, it was easy to feel at home. Staff was amazing!

We had a great time here. At first we were worried that there wouldn't be much to do, since it's in a small town called Tavernelle which is about an hour drive from Florence, but Tavernelle is actually the perfect base camp for seeing Tuscany. We did day trips to Florence, Sienna, and San Gimignano, and we just hung out in the area. In addition to being a good location, the people working at the hostel are incredibly nice and make it a very social, fun environment.

• 10th Jun 2015

The announce says it is in Florence but it is not true, the hostel is in a place named Chianti and it is 1.5 hours from Florence

I LOVED this hostel! The owners/staff are friendliest and very helpful. Its a small city/town, but close to vineyards, other towns, and major centres. I came here to relax for a few days, and it's the perfect place to do so. N.B. Buses are infrequent on weekends and holidays, so you may be stuck in Tavarnelle.

I absolutely love my stay here. Sylvia (I believe her name was, working at the check in) was a wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. Also very grateful for the refrigerator access.

Awesome hostel in Tavernelle! Absolutely loved the picturesque location in Tuscany's Chianti wine region! Postcard perfect! Not too far from Florence or Siena either-was easy in a car/bus to get to these cities. Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful :) Hostel facilities provided everything a backpacker needs-comfy beds,clean bathrooms,kitchen and wifi.

No hot water. The bus is not as frequent as they said . It took an hour to a small town which is not that special

The hot water was missing on Thursday morning for a few hoursdue to a power blackout which occured in the north section of the town.. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it did not depend on us.

Such a perfect, quiet & relaxing getaway. Not much to do in the location other than drink wine and enjoy the view but that's just what we wanted. KINDEST STAFF EVER. MOST ACCOMMODATING. If you have any trouble getting to the hostel or anything: CALL THEM. The lady literally sent a driver to come get us from florence and drop us off right at the place at night for a great price! (Thank you so so much again! :) Big rooms! Kitchen and breakfast! Just a very charming and lovely place to relax.

The perfect place to take a break from the city. Chianti is so beautiful and the hostel is easy to reach. It attracts a certain type of traveller so making friends and sharing the experience is all too easy. There is a lot of space and nearby towns and vineyards to visit. The staff are very warm and helpful and really add to the lovely stay you'll enjoy here!

Perfect location to unwind between the bigger cities in Italy. small town vibe, attracts a different kind of traveller, chilled, relaxed, easy. Beautiful scenery can be accessed by walking, cycling, vespa rental. Clean facilities, big lockers, helpful friendly staff. enjoyed my time here immensely :)

The hostel was amazing! Tavarnelle is a great small town in an absolutely beautiful region. Easy bus trips to Florence and Siena, though on weekends they don't run very frequently. Completely recommend this hostel!