Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

This is a really nice hostel located in lovely Tavarnelle...... It's quite a bustrip away from Florence, so we wouldn't recommend you to choose this hostel, if you're only interested in the City of Florence. Except from that this Hostel is so nice; the staff is so friendly and gave us a private room because of a missing key for the dorm - and we shouldn't pay more. We extended our stay because of the good atmosphere. Nice and clean. Wi-fi very spotty though. :-) We'd go there again!

Great vibes around the hostel, free wine tastings down the road. Good location to go between Florence and Siena but if you're going by bus don't expect to be out too late since the buses stop around 8. The staff are really accommodating and so are the people that live around. Recommended

I absolutely LOVED IT there!!! The staff is oh so helpful and friendly and not to mention how many people I met my two day stay! It's amazing how well I spent it here. The countryside is absolutely beautiful! DEFINITELY worth the investment(: the backpackers there are so nice that you just wanna to stay longer. I definitely recommend anyone to stay!

• 26th Jun 2014

I stayed in Ostello del Chianti with 6 friends and stayed in two different rooms. From the moment we arrived at the hostel we felt very welcome - at the reception we were given detailed maps of the town and surrounding area which recommended restaurants, bars, vineyards (with free wine tasting) and walks (one to a beautiful medieval town). The rooms, although very basic, were clean and spacious with their own balcony and two ensuite bathrooms. A beautifully located hostel in Chianti.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Wales

The staff was very helpful with knowledge of the surrounding area and help with museum reservations in Florence. Yes, this place is far away from the city, but the drive is beautiful and a great place to see the Tuscan area! Plus some of the best hostel hang out time since there isn't too much to do in the town at night. Everything was clean and spacious! Only could get wifi in the common area, pay for breakfast (decent) and free computer to use! Definitely come stay here and you won't regret!

True, this hostel is not in Florence so you'll have to take a 45 minute bus to get into town, but it is in the most beautiful little village with the most amazing view of Tuscany. There are also free wine tours and a little medieval town within walking distance. I personally preferred to take day trips to Florence and live in the amazingly picturesque village of tavernelle. It was beautiful and quiet and the friendliest people I've met so far in Italy live there. The hostel itself is really nice

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff were great! Responded to their emails promptly. There is a lovely area that allows for the guests to connect to the internet and has couches and tables. You can watch the TV in the common room and they have cold beverages for sale in the common area. BEWARE that a double room is actually a four-person room with two bunk beds. There are very spacious lockers in the rooms. The directions on the e-mail are not as clear as they could be but the staff were great.

Good for getting away from big cities. Not in Florence but that's what we wanted. The staff was wonderful. There are small towns, wine tastings, pasta classes... Plenty of things to do and accessible by food, bike, car, or bus. Wifi was spotty.

This is an awesome Hostel. In a small town near Florence, the hostel has a great young atmosphere, with a nice breakfast. Very good for lone travellers, like myself, met a lot of people and was never really by myself. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Best hostel ever, definitely recommend it!!

The location is not convenient at all. Unless you have a car I would not advise staying here.

A fantastic hostel if you're interested in truly being in the countryside of Tuscany. A small hostel and easy to meet people. However, in the town itself there isn't much to do - and many of the typical "Tuscan" activities are easy to do from Florence as well. Do not stay here if you want to visit Florence - it's about a 45 minute bus ride and fairly difficult to navigate.

No staff on site, have to check in across the street. Only good thing close to bus/train stations.

Hello, I am afraid that you are mistaking us with some other place. I was here to check you in when you arrived and we had some conversations about your trip to Marocco and in particular about your stay in Essaouira. This is Ostello del Chianti and there is no other place across the street from us and neither are we close to a train station. All the best Declan

The breakfast buffet was great, but there is no real kitchen to cook your own food in.

This place is great for exploring the Tuscany. It is located between Florence and Siena, in the cute little town Tavarnelle. We were traveling by car, so it was convenient for us to stay here because of the free parking. The staff was great, they will recommend where to eat and what to see. We were not in the hostel much, but its location is great for exploring near towns.

Cutest town and hotel! Incredible staff! I could spend a month here! This is authentic Tuscan living!

Not for backpackers if you like to visit florence its just to far away and the bus is not driving often.

Highly recommend to all. Excellent care. I felt at home. However I believe could have more plates to indicate how reach us. : D

Great staff here, and good location if you're after a bit more of a town experience than a city one. Great walks can be done to close little towns for coffees, pictures and meals in an unbelievably beautiful setting. However the hostel is quite different, in our opinion, to the advertised image here on hostelworld. The facilities are quite lacking (cold rooms, no heating in the day, limited wifi, very limited bathroom/showers, etc.)

I had a nice stay at this hostel. It was very quiet most of the time and I could relax. I thought that staff was friendly and I met a couple of nice people. I think it was worth the price I paid for. I have stayed in better hostels, but this wasn't the worst I've stayed in. I was not happy with the wifi though. If too many people used it, it went out.

Very far from city center of Florence. The atmosphere around the hostel is quite good though.