Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

Awesome hostel in Tavernelle! Absolutely loved the picturesque location in Tuscany's Chianti wine region! Postcard perfect! Not too far from Florence or Siena either-was easy in a car/bus to get to these cities. Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful :) Hostel facilities provided everything a backpacker needs-comfy beds,clean bathrooms,kitchen and wifi.

No hot water. The bus is not as frequent as they said . It took an hour to a small town which is not that special

The hot water was missing on Thursday morning for a few hoursdue to a power blackout which occured in the north section of the town.. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it did not depend on us.

Such a perfect, quiet & relaxing getaway. Not much to do in the location other than drink wine and enjoy the view but that's just what we wanted. KINDEST STAFF EVER. MOST ACCOMMODATING. If you have any trouble getting to the hostel or anything: CALL THEM. The lady literally sent a driver to come get us from florence and drop us off right at the place at night for a great price! (Thank you so so much again! :) Big rooms! Kitchen and breakfast! Just a very charming and lovely place to relax.

The perfect place to take a break from the city. Chianti is so beautiful and the hostel is easy to reach. It attracts a certain type of traveller so making friends and sharing the experience is all too easy. There is a lot of space and nearby towns and vineyards to visit. The staff are very warm and helpful and really add to the lovely stay you'll enjoy here!

Perfect location to unwind between the bigger cities in Italy. small town vibe, attracts a different kind of traveller, chilled, relaxed, easy. Beautiful scenery can be accessed by walking, cycling, vespa rental. Clean facilities, big lockers, helpful friendly staff. enjoyed my time here immensely :)

The hostel was amazing! Tavarnelle is a great small town in an absolutely beautiful region. Easy bus trips to Florence and Siena, though on weekends they don't run very frequently. Completely recommend this hostel!

What a breathe of fresh air... Only 30 minute bus ride out of Florence, the location is great if you're looking for a break from city life. Local family-owned restaurants like Viola are CHEAP and GOOD!! You get the real Tuscany experience here with help from the extremely friendly staff. (One of the staff members even drove me to my bus stop on a particularly rainy morning.) After a day of outings and trips, you will feel right at home back with other travelers, drinking wine in the common room.

• 20th May 2015

Amazing staff who will help you out with anything. Loved my stay at ostello and would highly recommend!

One of my favourite hostels. The owner is very sweet and the location is beautiful. I made some great friends here and would love to revisit. All amenities are good.

Great hostel. The rooms are clean. Federica also helped us book a car to Greve to avoid a trip to Florence.

This was truly a great place located in a charming & scenic area around 30km outside of Florence. The people who run the hostel are extremely welcoming, as well as knowledgable of the town (of which shares the same traits as the hostel management) and will go out of their way to help you without seconds hesitation. I left my jacket on the bus from Florence and the man behind the desk called the bus lines lost & found for me to see if it had been found. It was lost, but the gesture eased the loss

• 16th May 2015

It's a great place to stay. The hosts are so friendly and really helped us plan our trips. The small towns around tavernalle are beautiful! I recommend asking the hosts about renting mopeds... It is a quiet place to stay and the breakfast is definitely worth it.

staff were extremely nice and helpful

This hostel was probably one of the best parts of our 3 weeks in Italy. The people who work here are kind and super helpful; in fact, the people and the area were so nice that we decided to spend a day in town instead of going to Florence. Although the hostel is pretty far from Florence and the bus was a bit of a pain to figure out, the staff, the town itself, and the picturesque countryside more than make up for it. Also, try the Icelandic horse riding if you can; the trail is gorgeous :)

• 1st May 2015

An hour outside of Florence in a nice quiet town, so far my favorite place on my trip! If you like wine stay here, they have phenomenal views and you can rent a Vespa! Highly recommend if you want a true Italian experience to ride through the mountains and see all the vineyards. Free wine tasting everyday and a nice place to stay. I will go out of my way to stay here again I had that good of a time.

The staff is the best! The most amazing, kind and lovely staff I've ever met. Congratulations!

We chose this hostel because of its convenient price and position in a little town between Siena and Florence. We were traveling by car, but red there is some kind of ride service at the reception. The place and facilities are ok, the staff very nice, friendly and helpful, and can offer various maps and advices. You can also have breakfast for 2 euros and eat as much as you wish. The town offers various nice restaurants, we recommend Pizzeria la Fornace, best pizza ever and delicious desserts!

Very nice place. Welcoming och good service at reception. Breakfast was not so good. Cheap, but not so tasty...Nice nature for walking around i the wally. Good place for children.

Much further out of town than we expected. Not too much to see. Very lucky we had a car to explore Tuscany and the Chianti region. Not much atmosphere here. Beautiful surroundings though and nice to be out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Extremely helpful staff at pointing out where to explore.

Property needs more outlets in each room. There was only one outlet in a room of six girls and then only so many out in the lobby for the entire building to use. That was my only problem.

• 29th Mar 2015