Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

A fantastic hostel if you're interested in truly being in the countryside of Tuscany. A small hostel and easy to meet people. However, in the town itself there isn't much to do - and many of the typical "Tuscan" activities are easy to do from Florence as well. Do not stay here if you want to visit Florence - it's about a 45 minute bus ride and fairly difficult to navigate.

No staff on site, have to check in across the street. Only good thing close to bus/train stations.

Hello, I am afraid that you are mistaking us with some other place. I was here to check you in when you arrived and we had some conversations about your trip to Marocco and in particular about your stay in Essaouira. This is Ostello del Chianti and there is no other place across the street from us and neither are we close to a train station. All the best Declan

The breakfast buffet was great, but there is no real kitchen to cook your own food in.

This place is great for exploring the Tuscany. It is located between Florence and Siena, in the cute little town Tavarnelle. We were traveling by car, so it was convenient for us to stay here because of the free parking. The staff was great, they will recommend where to eat and what to see. We were not in the hostel much, but its location is great for exploring near towns.

Cutest town and hotel! Incredible staff! I could spend a month here! This is authentic Tuscan living!

Not for backpackers if you like to visit florence its just to far away and the bus is not driving often.

Highly recommend to all. Excellent care. I felt at home. However I believe could have more plates to indicate how reach us. : D

Great staff here, and good location if you're after a bit more of a town experience than a city one. Great walks can be done to close little towns for coffees, pictures and meals in an unbelievably beautiful setting. However the hostel is quite different, in our opinion, to the advertised image here on hostelworld. The facilities are quite lacking (cold rooms, no heating in the day, limited wifi, very limited bathroom/showers, etc.)

I had a nice stay at this hostel. It was very quiet most of the time and I could relax. I thought that staff was friendly and I met a couple of nice people. I think it was worth the price I paid for. I have stayed in better hostels, but this wasn't the worst I've stayed in. I was not happy with the wifi though. If too many people used it, it went out.

Very far from city center of Florence. The atmosphere around the hostel is quite good though.

Had a great time in this place. Such a lovely area and just what I was looking for.

1 2 Next » last »