Ostello del Chianti Reviews

via Roma 137, Chianti Tavarnelle, Florence, Italy

I had a great stay, the staff were friendly and very kind and the place had a great atmosphere and was able to meet a really great group of people.

Sylvia was amazing! I had an incredibly experience at this hostel. The town is quite small but it's super authentic..you feel like you are in a real Italian village. Also, there was an amazing night market on when I stayed there (recommended by Sylvia!). All in all I had a wonderful experience here - could go on and on. Great atmosphere, beautiful location, amazing experience!

The location in Tavarnelle was quite far (about 1 hour bus ride from Florence), but the village is cute and the surroundings very beautiful :) Atmosphere in the hostel is laid back and cheerful, it was easy to feel at home. Staff was amazing!

We had a great time here. At first we were worried that there wouldn't be much to do, since it's in a small town called Tavernelle which is about an hour drive from Florence, but Tavernelle is actually the perfect base camp for seeing Tuscany. We did day trips to Florence, Sienna, and San Gimignano, and we just hung out in the area. In addition to being a good location, the people working at the hostel are incredibly nice and make it a very social, fun environment.

• 10th Jun 2015

The announce says it is in Florence but it is not true, the hostel is in a place named Chianti and it is 1.5 hours from Florence

If you had come here you would have realised that buses take 40 to 50 minutes to get here. The first thing we state is that we are 23 km south of the city. You should not rate a place you did not see.

I LOVED this hostel! The owners/staff are friendliest and very helpful. Its a small city/town, but close to vineyards, other towns, and major centres. I came here to relax for a few days, and it's the perfect place to do so. N.B. Buses are infrequent on weekends and holidays, so you may be stuck in Tavarnelle.

I absolutely love my stay here. Sylvia (I believe her name was, working at the check in) was a wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. Also very grateful for the refrigerator access.

Awesome hostel in Tavernelle! Absolutely loved the picturesque location in Tuscany's Chianti wine region! Postcard perfect! Not too far from Florence or Siena either-was easy in a car/bus to get to these cities. Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful :) Hostel facilities provided everything a backpacker needs-comfy beds,clean bathrooms,kitchen and wifi.

No hot water. The bus is not as frequent as they said . It took an hour to a small town which is not that special

The hot water was missing on Thursday morning for a few hoursdue to a power blackout which occured in the north section of the town.. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it did not depend on us.

Such a perfect, quiet & relaxing getaway. Not much to do in the location other than drink wine and enjoy the view but that's just what we wanted. KINDEST STAFF EVER. MOST ACCOMMODATING. If you have any trouble getting to the hostel or anything: CALL THEM. The lady literally sent a driver to come get us from florence and drop us off right at the place at night for a great price! (Thank you so so much again! :) Big rooms! Kitchen and breakfast! Just a very charming and lovely place to relax.

The perfect place to take a break from the city. Chianti is so beautiful and the hostel is easy to reach. It attracts a certain type of traveller so making friends and sharing the experience is all too easy. There is a lot of space and nearby towns and vineyards to visit. The staff are very warm and helpful and really add to the lovely stay you'll enjoy here!

Perfect location to unwind between the bigger cities in Italy. small town vibe, attracts a different kind of traveller, chilled, relaxed, easy. Beautiful scenery can be accessed by walking, cycling, vespa rental. Clean facilities, big lockers, helpful friendly staff. enjoyed my time here immensely :)

The hostel was amazing! Tavarnelle is a great small town in an absolutely beautiful region. Easy bus trips to Florence and Siena, though on weekends they don't run very frequently. Completely recommend this hostel!

What a breathe of fresh air... Only 30 minute bus ride out of Florence, the location is great if you're looking for a break from city life. Local family-owned restaurants like Viola are CHEAP and GOOD!! You get the real Tuscany experience here with help from the extremely friendly staff. (One of the staff members even drove me to my bus stop on a particularly rainy morning.) After a day of outings and trips, you will feel right at home back with other travelers, drinking wine in the common room.

• 20th May 2015

Amazing staff who will help you out with anything. Loved my stay at ostello and would highly recommend!

One of my favourite hostels. The owner is very sweet and the location is beautiful. I made some great friends here and would love to revisit. All amenities are good.

Great hostel. The rooms are clean. Federica also helped us book a car to Greve to avoid a trip to Florence.

This was truly a great place located in a charming & scenic area around 30km outside of Florence. The people who run the hostel are extremely welcoming, as well as knowledgable of the town (of which shares the same traits as the hostel management) and will go out of their way to help you without seconds hesitation. I left my jacket on the bus from Florence and the man behind the desk called the bus lines lost & found for me to see if it had been found. It was lost, but the gesture eased the loss

• 16th May 2015

It's a great place to stay. The hosts are so friendly and really helped us plan our trips. The small towns around tavernalle are beautiful! I recommend asking the hosts about renting mopeds... It is a quiet place to stay and the breakfast is definitely worth it.

staff were extremely nice and helpful