Pandora after 80s Reviews

Flat F, 11/F, No.275 Gloucester Road, Entrance on Cannon Street, Causeway Bay D1 exit, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great hostel, right in the heart of Causeway Bay, a great base for exploring the island. Room prices here, like everywhere else on the island, increase heaps over the new year until they're asking about 4 times the normal rate for a dorm bed. Otherwise it's secure and comfortable. They don't do laundry.

The hostel totally mess up my reservation. I booked a whole 4 beds shared room for three people but the management gave us separated beds all over the hostel. We tried to get a refund but they refused. We asked to pay only for three people as we were only three and it was also rejected. Some of my friends decided to leave and look for a private room in another place and the hostel also refused to refund the money. I refused to pay but they took the money from my credit card anyway.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Spain

Thank You!

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Lithuania

I stayed in a four bed mixed dorm with two of my friends. The room was the smallest I've ever been to but we knew to expect that since Hong Kong Island isn't exactly known for having a lot of space. Our room was mostly clean though there was some gravel and hairs in my friend's bed. No bed bugs though. Bathrooms were a bit moldy. Wifi didn't work in our floor which was unfortunate. There we're no guest kitchen or cooking facilities, only a water heater for making tea or instant noodles.

A good low-budget place in a good location. Typical for all HK hostels, the rooms are extremely small. A minus for the grumpy building janitor. We couldn't get inside the building after midnight as the janitor did not open the building main door for us. If you plan to enter the building after midnight, pay extra deposit for the main door access card! This was not separately explained to us and we only found it out next day by asking about the issue.

I had a quick but very pleasant stay at pandora after 80s. As previous reviewers have mentioned, it's in an apartment apartment building where one apartment serves as the front desk/lounge and there's a patio outside. The rooms are on a different floor. Cindy check-ed me in and she was very sweet and helpful. Location is great as it's less than a 5 minute walk to the MTR and also a bus stop to/from the airport.

Stayed in the 10 mixed dorm room. Very disappointed when I arrived. Their pictures looked so good and spacious. But this place looks really small. No keys are needed to enter the area, that means anyone can walk into your dorm. Talk about security. Beds were really small and slim. No area to put your bags. Lockers are provided only if you deposit 20hkd for the key. And the lockers are located outside the room above a cupboard with sofas blocking it which was hard for me to reach as I'm 159cm.

Nice common area with a very social atmosphere. Beds are comfy with curtain for privacy.

The facilities pretty good especially toiletries. Will come back again.

Pandora has a cool vibe, if your moved by interior design when selecting a hostel. Moreover, the hostel's balcony has a nice view of the harbor. It's a pretty good social environment. The location is also a plus. buses on the corner can take you as far the new territories and it's a five minutes walk to the tram, which can take you to the peak tram. The down side is, like seemingly all hostels on the island, a lot of beds are cramped into a small space. So if want privacy, look elsewhere.

Hi guest, Thank you for your comments. We would continue to improve our property to provide a better environment for our dear guests. We wish you have enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope to see you again in the future! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

Great location just a few mins walk from Causeway Bay metro station. Room was tiny with no windows but you can't judge HK hostels by the standards in other cities. Compared to other hostels in HK, it was decent sized and very clean! Also it had a common area where I made some friends and played Ring of Fire (despite my original intentions. Ha). Good place.

Hi guest, Thank you for your comments. We wish you have enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Do recommend us to your friends and family. Hope to see you again in the future! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

Hostel wasn't reachable by phone as supposed. I was staying in a room where I did not need key. As I didn't have key I kind of couldn't enter the hostel after 23:00. There was no one answering the bell and the guard would't care about us when we were locked outside the building as it's stated that the guard doesn't interfere the business of hostel. So I waited for sometime till someone came out and left the door open so I could enter the building where the hostel in.

One of the better hostels on HK island. Easy to get to from the airport via metro or bus, and walkable to the shopping and nightlife around. The room is small, but privacy curtains and personal power outlets are very helpful. Also near a park if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle for a nice relaxing walk.

The view on the balcony in the reception floor is good. Only thing is in that seating area in reception, when they smoke and have the large doors open is that the smoke usually came inside while i was sitting there. And it's like one person finishes a cigarette and then the next person starts one up. The 4 bed room only has a small window above someones bed so you'll have to make sure that they want refreshing air to come in to compliment the air con which you can manually control. Nice place

Dear guest, Thank you for your valuable comments to us. Regarding the smoking issues, we would improve our common area in order to provide a better environment for everyone. We wish you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in near future, thank you! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

This is a small hostel right in the middle of the shopping area, so everything is easy to get to (especially with the railcard). The beds are comfortable and have curtains for privacy. However there isn't many places you can put your luggage, lockers are outside the room. The only communal space is outside on the balcony, there is some seating out by the reception area. Would recommend to backpackers.

The curtains and hooks are a good touch!

• 16th Nov 2015

Dear, Thank you for staying at our hostel. Meanwhile, thank you for your valuable comments to us. We look forward to seeing you again in near future, thank you! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

When I first arrived to Pandora After 80's, I was a bit disappointed. It was not like the hostels I was used to in previous experiences in China. The hostel was rooms scattered around in this big building, however after further research, it appears that's how all hostels are like in Hong Kong. What really made the experience great was Candy, she was kinda, attentive, informative and went above and beyond to help me and my colleagues out. She made the experience much easier.

• 4th Nov 2015

Dear guest, Thank you for your valuable comments to us. We wish you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in near future, do recommend us to your friends and family, thank you! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN HONG KONG. EXCELLENT LOCATION, A BIT DIFFICULT TO FIND AT THE FIRST TIME, BUT EASY AFTER THAT. JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE ADDRESS OF THE HOTEL IN CHINESE.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • India

Dear, Thank you for staying at our hostel. Meanwhile, thank you for your valuable comments to us. We look forward to seeing you again in near future, do recommend us to your friends and family, thank you! Cheers, Pandora After 80s

Nice hostel; probably typically hostel for hongkong, i was staying in a four-bed room and it was very small...

Dear, Thank you for staying at our hostel. Meanwhile, thank you for your valuable comments to us. In regards to the room size problem, we make our best effort to keep the rooms in a cozy way within the area, wish you have had a comfortable night in our hostel. We would continue to improve the room so that everyone could have a nice stay with us. Thank you once again for your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future. Cheers, Pandora After 80s

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel, not because of its good location, value for money or cleanliness. It was because of the staff. From the moment i stepped into the hostel, the entire staff was very helpful. For a female traveling alone, it was very comforting knowing that I felt safe at this hostel as well. Candy, the owner,, was beyond welcoming. Not only did she provide useful information, but she also took me to dinner! Genuinely just a good person! Highly recommend this hostel!!!

• 26th Sep 2015