Piece Hostel Kyoto Reviews

21-1 Higashikujyo Higashisanno-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The staff and facilities are top notch.

Piece Hostel Kyoto was the nicest hostel I've stayed in! The staff are very helpful, speak in English, and the map of Kyoto with various attractions and events was great. We found out about events we wouldn't otherwise have known about. The showers are great and in general the atmosphere was very friendly, polite and quiet.

• 9th Apr 2014

Because the hostel is offering breakfast, there is no cooktop available in the morning. I wish I could cook my own breakfast.

best hostel I have ever stayed in. The interior design is so cool and fabulous. Even though I stayed in 18 beds mixed dorms, it doesnt really feel such I stayed with those many people, i still got my privacy. Definitely, stay in this hostel again when travel back to kyoto. The location is also very excellent, about 5 min walk to kyoto station. The breakfast really made my day..excellent..

I had the greatest time in Piece Hostel Kyoto, Japan. It was my first time to travel abroad alone and my stay gave me a very good impression. I chose a dormitory type for girls and it gave me a chance to mingle with other female solo travelers, at the same time, it still offered a sense of privacy that I wanted since each bed had a curtain to temporarily separate us from the rest when we wish to. The amenities were great, the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the location was strategic.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Great, modern hostel in a really good location (right near Kyoto Station). Be aware, though, whilst the rooms are extremely clean and modern they are also very small. Keep that in mind if you plan on travelling with large suitcases. That being said, the kitchen, bathrooms, showers and other shared facilities are extremely clean and modern. The bar downstairs is also great if you don't wish to go out at night. The staff are extremely nice and speak good English. The map and guides are great.

Awesome hostel. Breakfast can be a bit crowded.

Rooms are small, but everything else in the hostel is excellent. Very clean, staff are helpful and happy hour beers were delicious! Free breakfast is a big bonus too. It is a 5 minute walk from Kyoto station which is handy.

The staff are very kind, I even had a nice long chat with one of the staff even with my crude social skills. I really liked the whiteboard with listings of nearby events and suggested places to visit/eat. Facilities are clean and many necessities lacking in other hotels are provided for free including towel use, coffee/tea, internet, chargers, and even breakfast. Toiletries would've been a nice addition even if it's for sale to save a trip to the convenience store. Credit cards are accepted!

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel and thanks for helping me out with the credit card problem. Only thing I would recommend is regarding the rooms and having a quiet policy after 10 pm. There were people in my rooms chatting away some nights until midnight, but that kind of thing is hard to control. Really was a great hostel, thanks

I spent 6 days in japan and am in love with kyoto city, unfortunately i only stayed for one night. The hostel was incredible and plan to stay again when I visit Japan

What a great place it is. Cleanliness fair price and so on.

Wow, this place is awesome! It's a brand-new hostel with top class features. Prox cards to your rooms (like a hotel, very nice!) awesome facilities, everything is shiny and new. The shower cubicles are awesome and so were the toilet areas (one on each floor, with showers at the bottom) There is a free breakfast every morning and coffee and tea available throughout the day. A nice living room downstairs with a bar which is real good during happy hour. This place was better than our hotel in Tokyo

Great hostel. Great staff. Great location for the train station. Great facilities.

The best hostel we've ever stayed in. Amazing breakfast, loads of space in the mixed dorm, great bar, powerful hot showers and really clean. Can't say a bad word about this place!

Cannot believe how nice the dorm-rooms were - I didn't even SEE them! It's almost like every dorm room is divided into 4 tiny capsule hotels. You get your own little living space, and plenty of it. The beds are big, and nice, as well. And the breakfast is great (as long as you're not a vegan)!

Piece Hostel Kyoto is easy to find and just like 10 minutes walk from the Kyoto Station, the building and the room was very nice and have ample room in it. The good thing also they provide free breakfast with variety of choices

그냥 그저그런 느낌. 중국인이 80% 이상을 차지하고있고, 너무 씨끄러워서 여기가 일본인지 중국인지 착각할 지경... 시설 하나는 정말 깨끗하다.

Great, clean hostel in a good location (few minutes walk from Kyoto Station). The free breakfast provided was great and included salmon flavoured rice, pickled veges, potato salad as well as toast, etc. The rooms are definitely on the tiny side but are very clean :) Would recommend.

Highly recommend this hostel. Although the rooms are a bit small, the hostel itself is incredibly clean and has a lot of great amenities. They have a bar on the first floor and they serve breakfast each morning, which is included. The staff are really friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and speak great English. The showers are on the first floor, but each shower is separated into its own room so you are completely secluded from anyone else. It is definitely oe of the coolest hostels!

• 13th Jan 2014