Piece Hostel Kyoto Reviews

21-1 Higashikujyo Higashisanno-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

You just would not have expected a hostel can be that good. Less than 10 mins walk from the Kyoto station, charging a low price, having nice decoration comparable to a hotel, and providing decent free breakfast and sometimes even Okonomiyaki as free dinner dinner, the hostel is just a perfect one to stay. The luggage storage service is also considerate - just put down yours in front of the service counter and the staff will store it into a storage room of which key is held only by them.

Everything about this hostel was amazing!

thanks for all, plz keep what u already did.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Your hostel was in a very good location with restaurants, cafes, and shopping. It was clean and the staff were very professional. Yes, I would stay here again and I would refer my friends too. Thank you for all your help and for the excellent service.

Really a nice stay! The directions they provided from Kyoto Station were very clear and easy to follow. I also accidentally locked my belongings into a locker I couldn't reopen, and the staff was quick to assist me. Their dorm-style room was quite comfy and actually gave quite a bit of privacy, unlike most dorm-style hostel rooms i've stayed at in the past. i would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Jun 2014

Amazing hostel with incredibly kind and helpful staff. It was ideal for me since it's 2 minutes away from Kyoto station and I was planning on taking day trips from there everyday. The sleeping holes are awesome and the beds are HUGE and extremely comfy.

Very good bed and overall the whole hostel was very clean. The breakfast was also very good, there was choice between Western or Japanese breakfast, a lot of variety!

Amazed at the cleanliness and layout of this hostel. It seemed all very new, like something out of an ikea catalogue. We stayed in an 18 bed dorm which was incredibly private as the bunks are enclosed on three sides with the open side having a curtain to pull across if you want complete privacy. Free breakfast is fantastic. Location is great. Its very safe with lockers and swipe card access to all rooms. Highly recommend it!

By far one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. I don't even know if this deserves to be called a hostel, it is that nice. Everything was very clean, the hostel was stylish and well designed with fast internet, cheap beer and great books. Everything worked perfectly, the beds were comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was quite good. You even get a towel, sink, slippers and flatscreen TV in your room as well as a choice of about 6 different pillows to maximize your comfort.

• 8th Jun 2014

Absolutely stunning hostel with great staff and delicious Japanese breakfast!

Great hostel. Provides a lot. Clean. Helpful. Location is not bad. Walking distance to station. Breakfast is basic. Great for young travellers.

Extremely good, love the place, however would be happier if they increase the age of the occupants staying there because since its a hostel, should have more interactions with guest in the same dorm. On the first day, was quite unhappy that a mother with the son was staring at us cause we wanted to turn the lights on at 11.30pm in the night.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Piece Hostel Kyoto is the nicest I've ever stayed at. Close to the train station, very clean and spacious, great facilities, free breakfast, great staff - I highly recommend this hostel.

Excellent! Only a few minutes walking from Kyoto station, very friendly staff, good bar where you can meet new people, I had a twin bedroom that was clean and had a keycard lock, superclean, these people really do their best to make your stay convenient and the building is supernew, even luxurious toilets (heated!!!). I highly recommend this hostel and would visit again. Really one of the best hostels you can get! Go here!

V modern with v private partitioned and curtained dorm beds that are almost large enough for two people. The free breakfast and happy hour are bonuses. It's well equipped and the staff friendly and helpful. The downside is that it does lack atmosphere. It feels large and slightly soulless but that said I would recommend it too others

This is the nicest hostel I've stayed in. Pretty private for a dorm. Lockers, slippers, and extra pillows provid. The staff was very nice and put the sumo on tv for me. Some people complained about showers only on the first floor. The toilet/ bath being separate is normal in Japan. I took showers at night with no wait. The only thing I hated was the light in the dorm. There are privacy curtains on the beds, but the light was pretty bright and shone in my bunk. They could easily fix it.

An excellent hostel, very close to Kyoto Station. Very clean, helpful staff, and awesome shower facilities. There is a good selection of books in the lobby, the bar was stocked, and the complimentary breakfast was very good. A larger capacity locker would have been nice (I was in the 16-person dorm), but, overall, this was an excellent hostel. Note: I did have some trouble finding the hostel, as the directions are not very clear, but that could be because I arrived there at night.

Great place close to the train station. Good staff and good breakfast for free. Really enjoyed staying here - the showers are on another floor to the room which is slightly odd but not an issue. Tiny rooms but as described and was fine!!

We booked a double room in the hostel and loved it! The room was a bit small, but the bed that occupied most of the room was hotel-level luxurious. The shower rooms and toilets were clean and spacious. The breakfast was enough to set you off for the day (I was wondering -- where could I buy those miso packets? :) ).

I had a room with double bed. I cannot complain in overall, but they should pay more attention to cleanliness of the rooms. I found a used female underwear beside the bed. That was not really nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3