Pillows & Toast Heritage Reviews

No. 38 Upper Cross Street (Level 2), Singapore, Singapore

AC didn't work. Showers were cold. Breakfast was never out on time. Staff were not avaliable for checkout. They are suppose to be in at 730am and they didn't show up until 9am the morning of my flight. I missed my flight due to waiting for them. Horribly small rooms. This is a waste.

Hi Thank you for your feedback. Our AC comes with individual remote in each room where you can adjust the temperature to your preference. We would like to apologize for the cold showers. After turning the heater switch on, you have to wait for a couple of minutes before the water is fully heated. It was our first time that staff didn't show up on time causing delays to your travel plan. If you have other unsolved problems, email us :)

A hostel is located in a nice area with nice area of social areas. It is easy to get reach with MRT... I hope I will come back soon on one day :)

Great hostel in a nice location, met some really nice people and had a great time! Loved waking up every morning and having breakfast on the patio. Will stay again when I come back!

I had a wonderful two-night stay at P & T. Chinatown SMRT station is right across the street, so it's convenient to go to literally anywhere in Singapore from here. Places like Chinatown Complex and Chinatown Point are within five-minute walk. As for the hostel itself, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is clean and the decoration is classy. Also, I had a great time chatting with all the kind staff, whose traveling tips turned out to to be quite helpful.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

Awesome staff! Super clean!

Great location - very close to Chinatown & the MRT! So for convenience, it's top notch. However, I was a bit shocked by the facilities. The toilets are out on the terrace & showers/sinks are directly outside of the rooms & reception. So you're basically showering in a public area of the hostel, rather than a separate room (b/c there are no bathrooms). I also didn't like the kitchen - self-service breakfast out on the terrace with ants everywhere! Other than that, the rooms were comfy & spacious.

Really nice hostel with friendly staff (in keeping with most people in Singapore - ex-pats excluded) expensive for a dorm but after all this is Singapore. Great area minutes from Chinatown by foot, and a tube station across the street for everywhere else (the public transport is brilliant here). Everything you could need including printing and laundry. Toilets outside were very hot in the humid heat, but clean. Not a party atmosphere, which would be to most people's liking but friendly people.

I think value for money is not worth it. 40 dollar per night seems too expensive for what they offer. Just as a example I can say ''5 stones Hostel'' where I stay before charge me 28 dollars for a better room, better common area, better security with 24 hours reception, and better breakfast. Simple things like put a cool water machine to drink cool water will be good, breakfast use cheap jam and cheap nuttela imitation. I you are going to put a bad product for breakfast better don't put anything

• 1st Jul 2015

Thank you very much for your candid review of your stay at our hostel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the breakfast that can be improved on. We have already offered more variety of local spreads which majority of the guests did not complained about. Cheers!

I really liked this hostel. It was clean, staff was helpful, comfy common area, nice outside terrace, fast internet, short walk to chinatown food street and 3 mins to the chinatown MRT station. It was a bit pricey though. I stayed at The Hive as well, and by no means is it as nice or in as good of a location as Pillows & Toast, but it was half the price. If you stay at P&T, check out the bottom floor of the chinese market/mall next to OG.. there's some good food there.

Had 2 lovely stopover nights at pillows and toast. Awesome and perfect location! Rooms were good and comfy. Air con could have been cooler! It's a very quiet hostel and somewhere to come back to after a big at for some quiet time and an uninterrupted sleep. Staff were nice but couldn't really provide any info or recommendations about attractions etc. This would have been helpful as we had no idea what to do. But overall a great hostel. Will definitely stay again if stopping through Singapore.

the location is very good. It is very close to China town MRT. Hostel provide us all of facilites such as towel, electric plug adaptor and locker(no key, you need to prepare key by yourself). the shower room in front of my room had a bit problem with leak water to corridor. there were breakfast start from 7am-11am with cornflack ,bread, milk, tea and coffee. The staff are helpful. Love here and will be here again for next SG trip.

The best thing of the hostel is about its location. It really has the best location and it is so convenient to travel to different locations in Singapore! The staff is nice and helpful too. So, with this superb location, it really worth money to have a stay here!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Perfect location. Right in front of the Chinatown train station. You can move very easy around the city from there. The stuff is very nice, the bedrooms are kind of small... but it is ok in general for a backpacker.

Overall my stay was a positive one. The location is superb, the staff friendly, and the place impeccably clean. There were a few issues, however. There wasn't nearly enough tableware at breakfast time. I ended up having to wait around for 45 minutes just to get my hands on a bowl and a cup. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you have an early flight to catch, either. Reception is only open from 7.30am, so you can basically kiss goodbye to your $20 room deposit if you have to check out earlier.

Hi Christopher, We are really sorry that you had to experience that. It is an isolated incident that may occur during times when the hostel is running on high occupancy. With regards to the $20 deposit, you can have it arranged to be refunded back to you the night before your departure day. Our staff at reception will always be more than happy to assist you if you had any enquiry. Furthermore, your $20 deposit was refunded back to you before 0730hrs :) Thank you for your feedback!

Only stayed 2 nights but was a good 2 nights. Close to all the Chinatown markets, and a 20 minute walk to the marina. Nice and quiet so you can get a good nights sleep. Would definitely stay again.

Cleaning staff interfered with my property and my earplugs and sleeping mask went 'missing. When I approached a member of staff about this proceeded to look in the bin and pulled out a little bag with earphones which weren't mine. I thought it was very bad that they didn't have a 'lost property' and just put people's belongings in the bin. It was obvious that I wasn't leaving as there were other things on my bed and the cleaner just took it upon themselves to throw my stuff in the bin. Very bad!

• 7th Jun 2015

Thank you for staying with us! We apologised for your unpleasant experience with us and would like to assure you that it is an isolated incident. We would also like to clarify that we do not disposed lost & found items, we do have a lost & found box in which you may have thought it was the trash bin. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Cheers!

Nice staff, excellent location

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Very nice staff that helped me in any way. Te hostel was located very close to the MRT. I really liked getting a towel, a plug and a lock for the locker. Just two showers was not enough for so many people as well as one sink was not enough. The water of the shower did not always go down cause too many hair blocked the way. Could be more clean. The doors were hard to close and made a loud noise when closing.

I didn't know that they had moved to the new place, which was I thought it was excellent! Straight in front of MRT entrance in the Upper Street, so we only need to cross the road. All was great, the staff, facilities, room and the breakfast. We even get much cheaper for USS ticket for 6 person. It would be perfect if the hostel located from the 1st fl but we don't mind since our main needs was fulfilled. Overall, it was a great stay and holiday for us. Will comeback in the future!

Lovely little hostel, and really clean.Basic but good breakfast, comfortable rooms and beds, helpful staff and nice atmosphere. Keycard entry very secure. Perfect location too, next to Chinatown but not in it and MRT station just across the road...