Pillows & Toast Heritage Reviews

No. 38 Upper Cross Street (Level 2), Singapore, Singapore

Pillows & Toast Heritage was once a brilliant hostel, however based on my last visit, the brilliance was no longer there. Shower stalls were faulty, there was no hot water on the left wing, the ironing area had somewhat disappeared, the sofas in the lounge area were how shall I say, sad, the pillows were not fluffy at all and my whole experience was not a happy one. Something has to be done to restore this hostel. Till then, I will no longer choose P&TH as (P&TH) my preferred hostel.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

I spent 3 nights in a room shared with other 5 men. Although this is a mixed room, the host should balance the number of male and female in a room. I really felt unsafe.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Vietnam

Hi, I have few comments with the followings: 1.) Room without curtain to prevent road lamp pole lighting. 2.) Window does not locked. One of the roommate he opened the window without asking permission in the middle of the night. He allowed the road traffic sound came into the room as disturbing of sleeping 3.) My bed does not provide me blanket instead of other roommates have. Maybe i was late check-in of the day. 4.) Please use lower watt light bulb in the room. Thank you.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

We paid over the odds as we stayed 4 nights at New Year. No wifi at all for 2 days. not much atmosphere and staff do not interact with guests. The location is perfect. 2 mins from mtr, Close to China town and walking distance to marina 15mins. Breakfast is very basic, toast, ceareal tea coffee... nice that it is even on offer. 1 shower was broke which left 3 showers for he full hostel.. This was a nightmare, long waits for shower and not the cleanest either. Our room stank of a sewage smell

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel does not really look like the pictures on Hostelworld. not as new as it looks like. The bed that I had to make myself (??) was so uncomfortable, very hard. Staff not really interested in guests. Weird setup of facilities. Glad I only stayed one night.

Unfortunately I spent 7 days at this Hostel and it failed to meet my expectations. The Hostel currently looks nothing like the pictures on the websites and must be at least well over a year old. the toilets are situated outside in the courtyard. there are 4 showers 2 for each side of the hostel, they require some attention regarding the fixings. The staff seemed none existent when sat behind the reception desk and take a bit of coaxing for them to interact with guests.

• 14th Dec 2015

Shower not so clean and you hear a lot the water of the shower from the rooms There was a family and the children shout load I was happy because in the room was one roomates and me. Nice staff I am not smoker but for them there is terrace but you can't smoke

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Overall this hostel is good. But only not good is the toilet / shower room.

Great location close to the MRT and five mins away from Sentosa Island stop

• 8th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Highly recommended. Funplace to be in. Close to anywhere/eveywhere every traveler wiuld like/want to go. Next to subway/bus stations

it is good for this hotel to provide curtain in every bed in order to keep the visitor's privacy. cost does not matter and i worth nothing. Thank you

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

Didn't like the fact I had to make my bed up late at night and annoy others who were sleeping. Especially difficult as it was a top bunk. Everything was fine!

absolute helpful staff; they try everything for your effort

Abit noisy at night.

Nice hostel, was clean and had everything I need, including a nice location. Only downsides were the bathrooms and sinks weren't great, not enough space for either.

We had a fantastic stay at this hostel. The staff were really helpful!

Not the first time I've stayed here, but I was less impressed my second time round. The hostel was much busier this time which really stretched the facilities. Two of the four showers being out of order made getting ready a bit of a nightmare in the morning, and one woman had commandeered the entirety of the already small indoor communal space for some kind of project she was working on which meant there was nowhere to relax - thankfully I didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel.

Great location. Rooms were a decent size with light. Washroom and shower facilities were just okay. Staff weren't quite sure how to handle complaints, disputes, squeaky doors or people who needed assistance. Breakfast is toast and spreads.

+ Fantastic location in Chinatown, so close to all of the city by MRT. Staff are nice and friendly and the beds are extremely comfortable. Would recommend. - Not much atmosphere. The door of room 4 is v squeaky and wakes everyone up each time it is opened Curtains or blinds needed in the rooms. On the buildings opposite there are really bright lights that shone straight in through the windows all night, and if you are top bunk it was very annoying as shines straight in your face.

Toilet should be better. The washer isn't work !!

• 10th Oct 2015