Pillows & Toast Heritage Reviews

No. 38 Upper Cross Street (Level 2), Singapore, Singapore

I found the location of the toilets a bit annoying. They were not in the building itself but on the patio. So you needed to get out of the hostel building to use them. Ok, it was just some 10 meters but especially at night I found this inconvenient. And you also pay a lot of money of that place and you need to make your bed yourself. But the location was excellent, just nearby Chinatown MRT station. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel itself was very clean and well-maintaned.

I take a vocation with my family. We are good experience with hostel. Here is good location. Room clean and sleep well but the bath rooms and rest rooms are not enough and is not separate male and female . We like the terrace for eating and take a break.

• 9th May 2015
  • Thailand

One night of my stay the fire alarm went off at 11:30pm. No staff responded, no fire fighters arrived and there were no signs near the alarm giving instructions on what to do if the alarm sounds. After the hostel number was phoned (it rang out unanswered) and an emergency after hours number that was found outside the hostel was unanswered after being phoned multiple times eventually an offsite hostel worker returned my call. She instructed me in ways to cancell the alarm, none of which worked.

Pillows & Toast is really close to Chinatown and the MRT. The shower was fine, although it was pretty blocked up, causing water to pool. The bed is comfortable and the room clean. The lounge area is pretty small and doesn't really lend itself to meeting new people. The staff were fine, however not about going as other staff in Singapore. Overall the hostel is pretty standard, no complaints.

Awesome! I like the place. The staffs very friendly and the place is comfortable and clean!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

My experience was good for the location , the room was crowd with snoring and farting by the guy above me , oxygen level in the room decreasing while the room crowd . The toilet are cool . The breakfast is bread and butter only . The security every thing work in magnet card that you should not lost it because in night their is no staff after 10 PM. I think for the price theirs another hostels cheaper but i cant guarantee . Them the location. Ery cool just walking distance to the china marke

What an amazing hostel to stay at.... The staff was excellent and I would recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to come back!!!!!!!

Stayed there for a weekend with a friend and I was glad that I chose this hostel. The location was superb, close to almost everything. The bed was clean and comfy. Cleanliness throughout the whole hostel in fact. Staff were friendly. If you want a good night sleep after an exhausting day out, this is the place for you in Singapore.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had a very nice stay at the Pillows & Toast Heritage. The hostel is close to Chinatown metro station. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was nice. I liked the terrasse very much. Breakfast was ok. Would come again.

Super friendly staff! Great stay! Good work :)

Great place! It had a good location and a very friendly staff.

I had a great stay here! The staff is friendly and fun and helpful, and I felt very comfortable here.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Even though we were here for only one night we wished we had more time to stay there. Best shower through out our four week trip. Felt beyond safe there. The security was very advanced. Staff extra sweet and joyful smiles. Bathroom clean. Very easy to come and go. They also provide locks for lockers, new sheets and bedding, soft blankets, and lastly adapters for the outlet. Thanks again!! We hope to return soon! FYI stay here during Chinese New Year, it's in china town.

Regarding the bad, as a guess we need to self service to prepare the bad. Would be better if the guess does not need to prepare bad by themself, because when we came we were so tired and we still needed to prepare bad.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent location, staffs, cleanliness, everything you want for a good hostel, they have it. Such ashamed that I could only spend there, would definitely go back again.

Great location and the most helpful and friendly staff you could ask for. Basic breakfast which was good. Only thing was the shared sinks were very small and only two of them, but was manageable, and not a reason to not stay. Definitely recommend here.

Super chill place with lots of interesting materials in the common area. It also has a veranda where we can relax. The place is really comfortable and was near the MRT so it was easy to access. It was also near 24 hours convinient stores. Would def go back! :)

This would be my second booking with pillows

The staff very helpful and friendly, close to subway station and chinatown

I like this hostel,it is cheap,location good ,have breakfast ,have wifi and the staff was excellent