Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki

Very Good 1477 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1477 Total Reviews

23rd Mar 2017

Staff were very nice, helpful, and laid back. Room was clean as well as the bathroom. I had a locker for storing my stuff. No complaints. I can't attest for the place's atmosphere as I was out most of the day and night while booked here.

20th Mar 2017

The location is excellent. The staff is friendly,helpful and always in a good mood.You can borrow many beach toys for free.Couldn't bet it.

20th Mar 2017
5.7

This hostel is extremely dirty and run down. I had a semi private room and when I checked in the sheets had blood stains on them with dried blood on the floor right next to the bed. The floor looked like it hadn't been swept or mopped in weeks. In top of that the bathroom was filthy and there were roaches. The whole places seriously needs to renovated and thouroghly cleaned because someone has been cutting corners for years now by the looks of it.

• USA, Female, 41+
15th Mar 2017

The staff at Polynesian were beyond belief wonderful. I'm 61 and they welcomed me as if I was 20. I would absolutely stay there again. It is a bit run down but otherwise clean.

13th Mar 2017
3.4

This place was nasty. Our roommates were so loud until 1 am. They were talking loud outside on the balcony and singing and yelling loud. We asked them 3 times to be quiet. Other people did too. We called the office and still nothing improved. There was garbage all over the floor. The fridge was crammed pack and no room to store my food. This place will haunt my dreams.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
8.0

The gate was always open so anyone could walk in. Lockers not big enough for large bags. The bathrooms were very dirty and bags were everywhere in rooms because there wasn't much storage. The staff were really nice and they always organise tours and night outs. Overall was a nice stay

• Italy, Female, 25-30
11th Mar 2017
2.9

Terrible. I have been staying in other hostels in my several travels and this was the worst I have ever stayed in. Booked 8 nights and left after 2. For the same price I have rented a studio in the center of Waikiki!! I booked a private and it was dirty, I found some rubbish under the bed..... the small toilet was in the middle of the dorm so you had to walk between sleeping people and it was stinky and dirty. You had to share it with 10 people and it wasn't cleaned that often. go somewhere else

• USA, Male, 41+
10th Mar 2017

I found the staff (especially Shelly the manager) to be outstanding in that they were very approachable, interesting and resourceful. The atmosphere of the hostel and the scheduled events were very conducive to establishing friendships with fellow travelers. My mixed dorm roommates were very respectful and interesting. I enjoyed the conversations and comraderie that resulted. I would stay there again upon my return to Oahu. Kudos to the staff!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
6.6

The Hostel is in a great location. Its minutes from the beach and surrounded by places to eat and go out too. However the bathrooms were disgusting. The showers were full of mold. Enough that I felt stuffed up just being the room. Everything had a really rundown feel to it. My toilet broke and the faucet had chunks missing out of it. Overall it was ok. The location was definitely the best part.

3rd Mar 2017
6.6

Not the cleanest place, but it's in good location next to the beach, the staff were great and the rooms were spacious. Bit on the expensive side, but so is everything else in Hawaii.