Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Rooms were good, lockers if needed. Some people leave doors open as its hot, not great if you don't have your stuff locked up. Saying that, people were very nice and seemed trustworthy and not bothered if stuff was out. This was our first ever hostel so our review might differ to frequent hostel users. Free pancakes in the morning, result! Nice staff and beach like 1min away. Free use of equipment amazing. Hot shower. We would recommend as amature hostel goers.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Have stayed at this hostel before! Although, it's been awhile, I was impressed that Jesse, one of the guys at the desk, remembered me!!!

First and for most I want to say that the staff is amazing! They are all very polite and make you feel at home. If you're traveling by yourself and are young this is a great place to stay and meet people. It's literally a block from the beach where you can see the Duke statue. And the restaurants , bars and other stores are right in the neiborhood. Everything in the room was clean the linen and towels, and the place is pretty secured. Again if you are young please stay here lol

• 18th Oct 2014

Amazing location, great staff, good wifi. Good social area. Great place to meet people. Good pancakes in the morning. Bathrooms could use some modernization other then that will come back for sure!

Loved the location. Was so close to the beach. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. Room were quiet. Good common area! Would definately go back!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Polynesian Hostel! Especially the tours are good value for money. One thing they could add is curtains in the rooms so that you dont wake up at 6 am every day.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very helpful people! Only one block from the best points on waikiki beach. The rooms a pretty good, enough for staying several days. They have a lot of entertainment activities, and those are really cheap! It's an awesome place!!

very dirty ... the bathroom, oh my god what a nightamre ! no furnitures, only beds ... close to the beach, just 5 min walking

Really nice hostel. Awesome staff, good pancakes for bf! :)

I only stayed for one night. Nothing special, but staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. I couldn't have breakfast because it starts at 8:30 and I had to leave at that time.

Location is awesome, takes 15secs to walk to beach, I was in a 8bed dorm, had a locker and a shared bathroom(cleaned every day). you can get a towel for $1.00 for your full stay and have it washed as often as you want. Pancakes/coffee free every morning. One reason i wont come back is there is no air con in the room. Just one fan to share with 8 people and when its hitting 30degrees on a night you need more fans or air con! If you don't mind no air con then this hostel is perfect!

I really like staying at this hostel because the staff are great. The hostel is extremely close to the beach and it is so cheap to stay at the hostel. I don't like that there is only one bathroom per room since I was staying in an 8 dorm room and the floors get really dirty sometimes but that is a little thing. The staff make pancakes for breakfast which is really nice and I always meet the coolest people at this hostel. I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

Bathrooms were run down and needed fixing up, also the private room has to share one bathroom with the whole dorm room next door. Nowhere to put your belongings inside the rooms, and not many windows. Location is great, really close to the centre of things and to the beach strip. Pancakes and coffee for breakfast, although you do have to wait ages for your pancakes as they only make a few at a time.

More of a party atmosphere and not the cleanest place, but close to the beach and everyone was friendly. Took me 1 1/2 hours to check in because I was in line after a big (8 people) group.

Brilliant place to stay, great social atmosphere! I felt very comfortable with my stay here!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very basic hotel, sufficient if you're on a tight budget. Seemed somewhat disorganised - didn't get bedsheets until 6 hours after I arrived, and they mostly seemed to be using the hostel laundry facilities for the sheets. Everyone got woken up in the middle of the first night by the staff checking who was where one by one. Fairly noisy at times in the evening/night. Not many bathrooms, slow wifi etc. But still, overall, it's a decent budget option in an expensive location without many hostels.

Close to the beach, friendly staff! Good prices! 😊

+ very close to the beach + communal kitchen, but notnthat big - private room in the back of a dorm

Really nice place Great staff Near the beach I recommend this place

• 5th Aug 2014

Best time of my life, ive stayed at plenty lonley hotels. Hostle life was awesomeness, they pair u with great mates, room was open an airy, staff was alert and helpful, kitchen easy to use 20 actual steps to the beach I counted abc stores at each corner for supplements, laundry was available for a few bucks .. free lockers just bring a lock, group tour discounts and every morning freeee pancakes, I did not want to leave my new fave place, bring a smile a great attitude an have an adventure

• 19th Jul 2014