Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

This place is absolutely amazing! 😀

• 14th Apr 2015

Me and my daughter had a awesome time the free pancakes and lovelt meals that were cooked for all that stayed at the hostel I miss hawaii the weather,beach,shopping I would definately recommend polynesian hostel to anyone on a budget many thanks dalea moonia from new zealand mahalo!!!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Our room was a private one and it was falling apart. The bed was the most uncomfortable and noisy thing I have ever slept in, the place was pretty shabby and not very clean. Staff were friendly, but I wouldn't go back!

• 25th Mar 2015

Well-run, super nice staff and just the best pancakes for breakfast! My favorite hostel in Hawaii! Surf board rental prices are also very fair! (10$ for a half day)

My time at Polynesien was really good, the staff was so helpful.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

We really enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere was very relaxed and enjoyable. Visitors were treated with courtesy and staff went out of their way to go the extra mile to make the stay memorable. Special thanks to Margaret and Kevin for their hospitality.

• 17th Mar 2015

Absolutly belting hostel this is! Loads of fun people , especally if ur traveling solo! I would deffo rekomend and i would deffo come back! Take it easy! SMASHIN TIME I HAD

• 16th Mar 2015

(security) in the last night, a drunken boy crashed into our ladiesroom, just by knocking hard at the door and assaulted one of us, (staff) the two office employees let us wait to check in because the needed to go to have breakfast together, (price) breakfast fo free should be from 7:30 but was not available before 9:30

Only stayed at Polynesian Brach Hosel for one night as a stop over on the way home. Bathroom - shower was decent and clean. Would have been good to have hand soap or something as there was none, Sleeping Area - I was on the top bunk right next to the door, no curtains or coverings on the windows made for a bright and loud night with not much sleep. Other room occupants were quite messy (this might not be the same in other rooms though) so finding space for my stuff was difficult,

• 13th Mar 2015

Upon trying to check in, the hostel had just finished up a keg party and the receptionist seemed drunk and couldn't stay focused enough to check us in. Took 20 minutes just to get our key. Parking is horrible and they require you to leave your key with the front desk so that they can move your car in and out.We booked a private room, had to walk thru a dorm room of people to get to the private room..not very private.Bathroom filthy w/roaches.missing tile and mold. Gross!!!!

• 11th Mar 2015

Great location close to Kuhio Beach. Good wi-fi connection. Small rooms with ensuite bathroom (6 bed dorm). Kitchen was useless. One stove for the entire hostel and the area was not clean. Not enough cutlery and crockery

This place was pretty gross and I'm pretty sure we slept on a box spring (no mattress?!! Super uncomfortable) in our private room. Good location, but that's all it's got going for it.

We stayed in a private which was connected to one of the dorm rooms. Bed was pretty comfy. Had a good stay overall, although the bathroom in our room was pretty moldy. Other rooms had nicer bathrooms though. Overall it wasn't bad, and the location is perfect, only a block from the beach and nearby a few other hostels.

The wifi wasn't working and when we told the stuff that it isn't working, they just said that it should work, again and again. Our room and the bathroom were really dirty. The stove in the kitchen was old and not clean. The location is ok and they offer free pancakes in the morning.

Good location, but not the cleanest rooms or friendliest staff.

pots and pans in the kitchen for the studio unit could do with replacement, several of the bottoms were not flat so it makes it harder to heat and cook.

I slept in a 4er dorm for women. It was plactical to have a bathroom inside the room, but it was not realy clean and water didn't come from the tap on the sink. The shower worked. The room was a passage way for an another room. The breakfast with coffee and pancakes was very fine.

The staff was nice. The location is perfect. It is close to the beach and the night life. The rooms was good, but the bathroom needs a renovation and a little bit of celaning. Everything else was ok.

This hostel was adequate. I was only there for a one night stay. The room was dirty and had only one lamp for the entire room. This lamp seemed to move around the room as well. The bathroom was not very clean and there was window missing and covered with a tarp. The common area was decent and did not have the best kitchen. The staff was the best thing about this place. They were all nice and helpful. The location is right next to all kinds of restaurants, bars, shops, etc.

This place was horrible! We stayed less than 4 hours total before we checked out and had to find a new place to stay. The place was filthy. The bathroom must have never been cleaned. The sheets were stained. And customer service was horrific. They REFUSED to refund or money. It makes me question of we will use the Hostel World website again. It was that bad.

• 13th Feb 2015