Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

The room was stuffy with poor ventilation and a very poor fan. Not great for hot tropical summer nights. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable- it actually feels like a blow up mattress. Really, really bad nights sleep on that bed. Also, the layout of the semi private room is just odd- you have to go through the dorm to get to the room- this wasn't made clear when booking. We knew that it would be a shared bathroom, but not that the room was within another room. Would definitely not come back.

• 25th Jul 2015

I was surprised that the staff was really kin d. I read a lot of comments before making my booking at this hostel and some comments did mentions that the staff wasn't friendly. But I've got the opposite feeling. I enjoyed my time here. The staff was really helpful. Maybe I'm lucky ? I don't know. The kitchen was not that good but it's still OK.

Has a common global problem with offering WIFI which is not good quality eventually causing me to return to Australia needlessly. In Maslow's hierarchy of needs . . good internet is the new peak . . poor internet is frustrating, time wasting and in my case - expensive

This was actually the first time I ever stayed in a hostel, and I didn't know what to expect. But I was actually pleasantly surprised! My husband and I had a private room with a shared bathroom, which was absolutely ideal for a couple. Perhaps the one thing that sets this hostel apart was its super cost effective tours. We went on two tours (North Shore and Windward Coast), and they were both incredibly awesome! The tour guide knew so much, and meeting her was one of the highlights of our stay.

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel has definitely a spirit. Perfect for backpackers staying for a short period of time .

This hostel encompasses what every weary travelled desires - a great atmosphere, kitchen facilities to create your own meals, attentive staff and opportunities to see Oahu. The staff were incredibly accommodating, and the tours they run out to the other sides of the island are a great deal of fun.

• 28th Jun 2015

It was too loud to sleep and people were outside at 2AM talking. The staff said it was to be quiet after 10pm but no one reminded the people There are staff at the site 24/7 so why couldn't they do something? With only 1 bathroom and 8 people, it was difficult to wash and even pee. I would NOT tell anyone to stay there

Great place to stay and meet other travellers, close to all the tourist things youll ever need.

pros: excellent location, super close to the beach awesome meals cooked by Kevin - his chocolate & pineapple cake is amazing! Shelley on reception is SUPER helpful 8-bed dorm spacious cons: a lot of long-term guests give it an odd atmosphere staff (other than Shelley) were unhelpful and uninterested could be cleaner

I had a brilliant stay at the Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki! Staff was brilliant, the hostel organizes great tours to discover the island and the atmosphere is really fun and friendly. Truly recommend it. Would definitely stay there again. And the location could not be better! 1 min walk from Waikiki beach!

• 20th Jun 2015

fantastic place

My stay at the Polynesian hostel was fantastic. It was by far one of my most memorable weeks. The staff was helpful and the atmosphere was extremely friendly. In the end, I was honestly sad to leave all my new friends.

• 17th Jun 2015

Overall, it's an ok hostel. It's in a great location and very cheap for this area of Hawaii. It's not the cleanest or nicest and the staff were minimally helpful, but it was a decent place to stay for a quick layover in Waikiki Beach.

Great location. Quiet at night. Great day tours around the island. Good value. A great place to stay.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! As a couple we stayed in one of the private rooms, which was nice to unwind in after a day of exploring, but the general vibe around the rest of the hostel was great. Loved the free pancake breakfast in the mornings, and the staff were all so pleasant to deal with, and very helpful in arranging transportation, recommending activities, etc. And the location is PERFECT! Would definitely stay here again/recommend it to anyone travelling to Waikiki.

Great location and staff.. So friendly and nice with foreigners thank you everyone!

Great location, helpful staff

Probably one of my favourite hostels I've stayed in. Perfect location (so close to the beach!), great atmosphere, and friendly staff. And the fluffiest pancakes ever served for breakfast! Will be returning, and would recommend to anyone n a heartbeat.

I was surprised that to get a towel it was a $2 fee for the first towel even though afterwards it's unlimited change. Also, in other hostels that I have stayed, there was no problems with using the shower after check out but here, they suggested that a half day be paid for the spot. Also if they were fully booked, you could not use the shower. Although there is a public one in the open to rinse off snad.

Mix up with our booking