Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

a good location 5 minutes to the beach and near by restaurants shops tour offices, the sink in the shower room was not running water and the light in the room was not working also i booked a dorm for 4 females but there was another door next to the bathroom with had another dorm so they was sharing the bathroom aswell.

Needs more fans too hot specially for the bunk bed

Not terrible but definitely not good setup for a "private room" as it's actually a private door inside an 8 sleeper dorm which makes it really inconvenient having to negotiate the shower & toilet with everyone in the dorm space. A separate toilet & shower block would have made a world of difference. We absolutely loved our North Shore tour with Jessie (awesome dude, awesome tour) and all staff, bedding, towels and location fantastic! It's ok when going cheap, but if it's hot- no A/C sucks :P

Good, priceable place👌

A convenient place to stay for those on a budget. This was my second time to stay and I'd come back again.

Bathtubs in the rooms are gross...needs a serious and immediate update. Also, seems like capacity could be slightly reduced in the large dorms and the quality + cleanliness would be vastly improved. Invest in staff training...some were great, some less so. There was one old, rickety fan per room. I didn't expect air conditioning, but the room was so stiflingly hot that we left the door open all night, which was great for security.

• 13th Aug 2015

It is quite hot. But it is cheap.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • China

Location and stuff were great but cleanliness not up to any standard. Also no air conditioning

Very dirty. Mold on the ceilings. No outlets in the bathroom. No ironing board. Terrible wifi. Pancakes in the morning took forever, which they don't even serve until ~8:45.

• 7th Aug 2015

Basic hostel...decent place to crash for the night. No A/C so it gets pretty hot at night. Staff was very friendly as were the other visitors.

• 28th Jul 2015

The room was stuffy with poor ventilation and a very poor fan. Not great for hot tropical summer nights. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable- it actually feels like a blow up mattress. Really, really bad nights sleep on that bed. Also, the layout of the semi private room is just odd- you have to go through the dorm to get to the room- this wasn't made clear when booking. We knew that it would be a shared bathroom, but not that the room was within another room. Would definitely not come back.

• 25th Jul 2015

I was surprised that the staff was really kin d. I read a lot of comments before making my booking at this hostel and some comments did mentions that the staff wasn't friendly. But I've got the opposite feeling. I enjoyed my time here. The staff was really helpful. Maybe I'm lucky ? I don't know. The kitchen was not that good but it's still OK.

Great staff, half of the hostel with long term people but very nice, all age groups

Has a common global problem with offering WIFI which is not good quality eventually causing me to return to Australia needlessly. In Maslow's hierarchy of needs . . good internet is the new peak . . poor internet is frustrating, time wasting and in my case - expensive

This was actually the first time I ever stayed in a hostel, and I didn't know what to expect. But I was actually pleasantly surprised! My husband and I had a private room with a shared bathroom, which was absolutely ideal for a couple. Perhaps the one thing that sets this hostel apart was its super cost effective tours. We went on two tours (North Shore and Windward Coast), and they were both incredibly awesome! The tour guide knew so much, and meeting her was one of the highlights of our stay.

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel has definitely a spirit. Perfect for backpackers staying for a short period of time .

This hostel encompasses what every weary travelled desires - a great atmosphere, kitchen facilities to create your own meals, attentive staff and opportunities to see Oahu. The staff were incredibly accommodating, and the tours they run out to the other sides of the island are a great deal of fun.

• 28th Jun 2015

It was too loud to sleep and people were outside at 2AM talking. The staff said it was to be quiet after 10pm but no one reminded the people There are staff at the site 24/7 so why couldn't they do something? With only 1 bathroom and 8 people, it was difficult to wash and even pee. I would NOT tell anyone to stay there

Great place to stay and meet other travellers, close to all the tourist things youll ever need.

pros: excellent location, super close to the beach awesome meals cooked by Kevin - his chocolate & pineapple cake is amazing! Shelley on reception is SUPER helpful 8-bed dorm spacious cons: a lot of long-term guests give it an odd atmosphere staff (other than Shelley) were unhelpful and uninterested could be cleaner

« first « Prev 1 2 3