Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

The place is a DUMP. Never stayed there. Paid for 1 night but as soon as we saw the room brought our luggage down the 3 flights of stairs (no elevator)

• 8th Nov 2014

Location is great, easy access to everything. Rooms are big, but the bathroom doesn't look very good and the shower was pretty bad. It's nice that they have tours around the shores and they only cost 20 dollars for those staying there. The biggest problem that I had was that the staff (in general) wasn't very good about giving information and that made me upset a lot of times. It's a quiet place, so good for people that like to go to bed earlier to wake up early and enjoy the day.

• 6th Nov 2014

In a brilliant location, Super friendly cool helpful staff and great atmosphere, We loved staying here so much that we extended are stay by 4 nights and were still sad to leave. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in Waikiki :)

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Wales

Rooms were good, lockers if needed. Some people leave doors open as its hot, not great if you don't have your stuff locked up. Saying that, people were very nice and seemed trustworthy and not bothered if stuff was out. This was our first ever hostel so our review might differ to frequent hostel users. Free pancakes in the morning, result! Nice staff and beach like 1min away. Free use of equipment amazing. Hot shower. We would recommend as amature hostel goers.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Have stayed at this hostel before! Although, it's been awhile, I was impressed that Jesse, one of the guys at the desk, remembered me!!!

First and for most I want to say that the staff is amazing! They are all very polite and make you feel at home. If you're traveling by yourself and are young this is a great place to stay and meet people. It's literally a block from the beach where you can see the Duke statue. And the restaurants , bars and other stores are right in the neiborhood. Everything in the room was clean the linen and towels, and the place is pretty secured. Again if you are young please stay here lol

Amazing staff, more helpful than the Hilton, who help because hey like their job. Well bejond the call of duty. Shelley, the manageress stands out. staff organise nice local tours. Noise dies down at 10 pm. The place is a typical hospital and would benefit from a makeover. Your dorm experience depends on your dorm mates...

• 16th Oct 2014

Amazing location, great staff, good wifi. Good social area. Great place to meet people. Good pancakes in the morning. Bathrooms could use some modernization other then that will come back for sure!

Loved the location. Was so close to the beach. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. Room were quiet. Good common area! Would definately go back!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Polynesian Hostel! Especially the tours are good value for money. One thing they could add is curtains in the rooms so that you dont wake up at 6 am every day.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very helpful people! Only one block from the best points on waikiki beach. The rooms a pretty good, enough for staying several days. They have a lot of entertainment activities, and those are really cheap! It's an awesome place!!

very dirty ... the bathroom, oh my god what a nightamre ! no furnitures, only beds ... close to the beach, just 5 min walking

Really nice hostel. Awesome staff, good pancakes for bf! :)

I only stayed for one night. Nothing special, but staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. I couldn't have breakfast because it starts at 8:30 and I had to leave at that time.

Location is awesome, takes 15secs to walk to beach, I was in a 8bed dorm, had a locker and a shared bathroom(cleaned every day). you can get a towel for $1.00 for your full stay and have it washed as often as you want. Pancakes/coffee free every morning. One reason i wont come back is there is no air con in the room. Just one fan to share with 8 people and when its hitting 30degrees on a night you need more fans or air con! If you don't mind no air con then this hostel is perfect!

I really like staying at this hostel because the staff are great. The hostel is extremely close to the beach and it is so cheap to stay at the hostel. I don't like that there is only one bathroom per room since I was staying in an 8 dorm room and the floors get really dirty sometimes but that is a little thing. The staff make pancakes for breakfast which is really nice and I always meet the coolest people at this hostel. I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

Bathrooms were run down and needed fixing up, also the private room has to share one bathroom with the whole dorm room next door. Nowhere to put your belongings inside the rooms, and not many windows. Location is great, really close to the centre of things and to the beach strip. Pancakes and coffee for breakfast, although you do have to wait ages for your pancakes as they only make a few at a time.

More of a party atmosphere and not the cleanest place, but close to the beach and everyone was friendly. Took me 1 1/2 hours to check in because I was in line after a big (8 people) group.

Decent place great location just 2 minutes from waikiki beach.

Brilliant place to stay, great social atmosphere! I felt very comfortable with my stay here!

• 9th Sep 2014