Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki

7.9
Very Good 1441 Total Reviews

16th Feb 2017
7.4

It's only a block from the beach which is awesome. And the free pancake breakfasts were great too. You can definitely tell it's an older building, it could use some updating and small repairs. The bathroom in my room had at least been recently renovated and the cleaning staff did a great job.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

Absolutely love my stay! Great location. My 10 bed dorm was big and each dorm room has big secure lockers (bring or buy a lock). Staff were some of the best I've meet over my years of backpacking. They are extremely flexible and I liked how you got to decide each morning if you wanted to continue your stay without being charges. Cleaners did a great job! Bathrooms aren't the most modern but are kept cleaned. Great place, made some amazing friends there. Would 100% stay again!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Feb 2017
3.1

I rate a hostel on its guest to washroom ratio This one was the worst I had ever stayed at. On top of that the rooms do not come with any sort of curtain so get used to bright lights in your room all night. This was the first hostel I had to switch out of, one night was enough for me and I had booked four initially. I would appreciate if hostel world would return my deposit for three of the four nights I had paid for.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

The hostel is in an awesome location right next to the Waikki beach. I slept really well while staying here, 13 hours one night and 10 hours the next so couldn't be happier about that.

7th Feb 2017
3.4

Bedroom was disgusting, sheets were slightly stained, bathroom had quite a bit of mold growing in the bathtub, clearly had not been cleaned for several days. Handle on the sink was broken & toilet ran all night. They charge $2 for a towel. Also, kitchen area was gross, and didn't provide enough room for a large number of people to prep and cook. Also, there is no security, no lock on the street entry to the hostel. Anyone can enter the compound from the street straight through the front door.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Polynesian had the perfect location and offered different tours to go on everyday, for free or a small cost. Staff was super friendly and made us feel welcomed. Only complaint was the bathrooms were a 10 person to 1 bathroom and that was just annoying because there weren't any other options. The kitchen had plenty of space to keep all food and what not but I've definitely used much cleanlier kitchens at other hostels.

26th Jan 2017
7.1

Overall had a good experience. Some of the issues, would not be the hostels fault. For an example, loud crowds outside the window. I swear the trash dumpster is getting emptied every hour in the hour.

25th Jan 2017

These are very helpful people. The environment was great, it's very close to the beach. There is a bus stop right outside of it. I found myself taking the bus a lot! The room was clean and the bathrooms were decent. The price was a complete steal. Split the double private with your girlfriend or boyfriend and you're staying in a private room for 30$ a night each. Very happy with my stay.

24th Jan 2017

I will most definitely stay here again!

• AlexShorthose2401
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Chilled out place, close to the beach, helpful staff, would stay here again if i was in the area!