Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

I really like staying at this hostel because the staff are great. The hostel is extremely close to the beach and it is so cheap to stay at the hostel. I don't like that there is only one bathroom per room since I was staying in an 8 dorm room and the floors get really dirty sometimes but that is a little thing. The staff make pancakes for breakfast which is really nice and I always meet the coolest people at this hostel. I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

Bathrooms were run down and needed fixing up, also the private room has to share one bathroom with the whole dorm room next door. Nowhere to put your belongings inside the rooms, and not many windows. Location is great, really close to the centre of things and to the beach strip. Pancakes and coffee for breakfast, although you do have to wait ages for your pancakes as they only make a few at a time.

More of a party atmosphere and not the cleanest place, but close to the beach and everyone was friendly. Took me 1 1/2 hours to check in because I was in line after a big (8 people) group.

Brilliant place to stay, great social atmosphere! I felt very comfortable with my stay here!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very basic hotel, sufficient if you're on a tight budget. Seemed somewhat disorganised - didn't get bedsheets until 6 hours after I arrived, and they mostly seemed to be using the hostel laundry facilities for the sheets. Everyone got woken up in the middle of the first night by the staff checking who was where one by one. Fairly noisy at times in the evening/night. Not many bathrooms, slow wifi etc. But still, overall, it's a decent budget option in an expensive location without many hostels.

Close to the beach, friendly staff! Good prices! 😊

+ very close to the beach + communal kitchen, but notnthat big - private room in the back of a dorm

Really nice place Great staff Near the beach I recommend this place

• 5th Aug 2014

Best time of my life, ive stayed at plenty lonley hotels. Hostle life was awesomeness, they pair u with great mates, room was open an airy, staff was alert and helpful, kitchen easy to use 20 actual steps to the beach I counted abc stores at each corner for supplements, laundry was available for a few bucks .. free lockers just bring a lock, group tour discounts and every morning freeee pancakes, I did not want to leave my new fave place, bring a smile a great attitude an have an adventure

• 19th Jul 2014

Great location and a stones throw away from the bus to the airport and the beach. Awesome atmosphere and friendly helpful staff.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Very basic hostel that needs to be done up to be considered good. No aircon or blinds which was troublesome for sleeping. Bathrooms could use a good clean and taps that work properly. However the hostel does have great activities and Margaret is an amazing your leader, finding the best spots in Hawaii.

It's worth staying here for the location. Genuinely in amongst the Sheraton and Hilton etc. right next to the beach. The place itself is alright, staff didn't really seem to know anything but I guess they are all travellers and probably haven't been in Hawaii for long. One of the staff asked me what pearl harbour was when I asked how to get there. All in all pretty sweet though.

Just need more bathrooms :)

Very basic place. They make you make and strip your bed. Good location.

The sheets, bedding and mattress were extremely old and dirty. The entire building was shabby. It is very close to the beach which is a plus

We stayed there 2 different occasions, and we stayed in the semiprivate rooms. The first room we had was good, but the second one looked like a big closet with a bed in the middle... It didn't have any furniture except for the bed, there were no windows, the only light on the room was the closet one and we were sharing a restroom for 10 people. The location is great, right next to the waikiki beach, the kitchen and atmosphere are good, but overall it is not a good value for money

Helpful staff, nice hostel.

I have been use hostelworld.com last year to book my last trip to Singapore, it was good . This hostel has it good location but it is very unclean and the door handle in bath room is falling. I am stay in a motel in LA now with a clean own bedroom and bathroom with even lower price.

the hostel staff are very kind and helpful. location is amazing..walk to the beach in 2 minutes and find everything you need at so many shops and restaurants. getting to and from airport is easy unless you have an early flight. buses start at 5:30 am. the trip is about an hour and 13 minutes.

• 26th May 2014

The staff is amazing but the rooms are old and not so clean. The atmosphere in this hostel is great! They also have cool tours! Shawn, Rafael and Margaret are great people who work there and make people enjoy the time in Waikiki. They also prepare pancakes for breakfast.