Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

I was a bit disappointed of the tours. I think they are overpriced ($25 for hostel guests) and badly organized. Some of the staff is very helpful, others sometimes acted a bit rude. I liked the get-togethers in the evenings. All in all an average experience :-)

My first trip to Hawaii and the staff made it very enjoyable.

The bedding was in very poor condition.Mattress,pillow and linen in very poor condition. Mattress and pillow needs to be replaced.

• 10th Jan 2015

The Guided Tours from the Hostel are amazing. And totally worth the cheap amount of money. i sad the rest before already pro good stuff amazing tours very good atmosphere Contra: no common room after 10 pm no kitchen after 10 pm all in all pretty good but the kitchen and common room problem sucks

The staff is great and the location is excellent. The guests are also nice and there is kind of a good atmosphere. BUT, the place is so dirty. The kitchen is disgusting, there is a constant smell of something rotten. We had the idea of saving money on food by cooking for dinner, but it was impossible. Also, "Breakfast Included" means just pancakes made (in that kitchen) at 9 o clock or later, so if you plan on getting up early, there is no breakfast at all for you. Only instant coffee or tea.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Be aware that a private room in this hostel is a "semi-private" room. You have to enter it through a 6-bed-dorm, and share a bathroom with those 6 people (one toilet, one shower). Now imagine this dorm full with American teenagers in springbreak mode. My room was medium size, with one large bed that gave me back ache. The sliding windows didn't close properly, so it was cold and noisy in the room. For 3 days, the WiFi was very bad. Complaints to the staff were useless. Only good thing: location

Great value for money. Rooms are spacious with ensuite bathroom. It´s a 2min walk from Waikiki beach and public transport. I would definitely stay here again

Great place to stay on a budget! The GM is great to work with and the rest of the staff as well.

The hostel is not bad, but it´s more a party hostel, so if you like party it´s perfect, its very close to the beach, the staff is nice, and sometimes they have barbecue nights or other things. So they do a lot for there guests. The rooms itself are ok. What is a really no go, that they have only an open community room, and it closes at 10 pm, so if you guys have fun or nice discussions at ten its over and you can sit in your sleeping room or go out to the town. What is really good, the hostel...

We were scheduled to stay here on our trip to Waikiki and had an awful mix-up with our hotel nights. The staff at the Polynesian were very understanding. Although they didn't have a room for our first night there, they went completely out of their way to help us find a place to stay during our first two nights. No other place we went to was nearly half as helpful. There is a gate that remains locked at all hours. There was also a lot going on here! Great place. Recommended.

We found another place to stay after the first night. The staff was friendly and the location is good. However, the hostel itself was very dirty. We stood in a private room. The linens appeared to be clean however the mattress was sticky, stained, with the springs ready to pop out & the floor had not been mopped. The shared bathroom was disgusting with mold growing all over. The toilet leaked leaving the floor a wet mess. The common area and kitchen was also dirty, stinky and bug infested.

• 16th Dec 2014

In a pretty old building but awesome location, fun staff and easy going vibe. Thanks guys!! :)

I would stay again. The location is PHENOMENAL, though the accommodations themselves are quite old. The included breakfast was cooked pancakes, which were lovely, but you get them when they're served (circa 9 am in my case). I'd have preferred basic toast and cereal on my own clock quite honestly. Because the hostel is quite far south, the shuttle from the airport takes forever so cab it if you're tired. Going back to the airport the shuttle was fine: I was the last pickup.

위치는 굉장히 좋습니다. 그러나 시설이 열악하며 특히 욕실 청결상태가 좋지 않습니다. 청소는 깨끗히 해주는 편이겠지만 시설이 워낙 낙후되어 지저분해보입니다.

Good hostel, great location, super friendly and helpful staff, highly recommendable! I really enjoyed my stay there

All are good, but unfotunatly a staff and my miss communication made lose the suttle car to the airport. Therefore I needed to change it to go there by taxi. Except it I spent a good time and good relations. Thank you very much.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Great location, really good staff. It lacks on having a nice hangout area but would stay there again as location is almost unbeatable.

A budget hostel, the only good thing is its location, poor facilities. the luggage storage is tiny and not enough for the guests. Un hostal barato, lo unico bueno es la ubicacion, las instaciones son muy pobres, el cuarto de almacenaje de equipaje es muy pequeño y no es suficiente para los huespedes.

Excellent location, it lacks in a better commune area but it has good services and staff is accommodating and helpful.

A friendly, interesting atmosphere. Nice people, happy to help and talk. Shame that some guests do not wash dishes, but I think the general common area needs some input. I don't think any sweeping/cleaning happened on a regular enough basis. There was no wifi out of the common area, which sucked after curfew. Bathroom in dorm constantly had a wet floor, plumbing problems? Hostel could probably do with some kind of maintenance reporting system, (for issues like wifi and wet floor).