Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

I think this hostel has the best location, just like 250m from the Waikiki Beach.

Everyone at the hostel were so friendly and helpful! It was a very nice experience to stay there.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Norway

Excellent staff and the place was ok - rooms were good but common areas were not. Also the internet didnt even remotely work - not helpful in that regard. Was only there for a night so hard to get a huge impression, however would investigate further.

Nice pancake every morning before go to the beach. Location is great. Bus stops nearby to go around and to the airport. If the cleanliness improves, I would definitely recommend this hostel.

They make you pancakes for breakfast... winning. Bathrooms were a bit dirty and I found a cheeseburger under my pillow. Great location and strict security. Night time noise restrictions.

There were to main problems: 1. The guy at check-in was not skillfull at all. He need lots of training. 2. Wifi service was terrible, poor signal and if you catch the signal, internet was not working too often. Staff do not care about it.

I saw a cockroach in the room, the bathroom was old and moldy. A few drunks working there. The kitchen is pretty much outside and not clean.. The mattress had no cushion left.. The "free internet" does not work, so expect to have no internet.. That place sucks!!

• 4th Jan 2014

A good location close to the beach. Most of the staff are very friendly. Breakfast, pancakes, are made by the staff from 8.30, included in price.

My wife and had a 1 night layover and decided to stay here. The location is great, 100m to the beach and main strip. We had a private room with a shared bathroom which was adequate for a hostel. We had to walk through one of the shared bedrooms to get to our room which was a bit awkward. The wi-fi didn't work in our room, and was pretty average in the common area. Some of the staff were helpful and friendly but it seemed like some didn't want to be there.

We had three women staying in the Hostel for one night. One of us was disabled and needed help up to the 4th flloor. Late at night when we were down stairs in the kitchen area, the staff went into our room and began going through all our personal items that was on the bunk bed. Without asking or communication with us, they took our backpack and clothes off the bunk and rented the bed out to someone else. They forced us to separate from each other. It was so disrespectful. No apologies given.

• 16th Dec 2013

I already wrote a complaint. If you didn´t get my complaint please send me another mail adress.

• 11th Dec 2013

Location location location, this is all this hostel has to offer, it's right in the middle of the wakiki downtown area, and we all know how expensive hawaii is! However this hostel is very dirty and run down, but you get what you paid for, so the price is pretty fair.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • China

I had a terrific time in Waikiki, and the Polynesian hostel staff had a lot to do with it. What a bunch of nice people...

• 3rd Dec 2013