Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Waikiki Reviews

2584 Lemon Rd., Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Look. This place is ok as a last resort. It delivers a room, a roof and some internet connection. We paid for a private room - which was hideous, it would've been more comfortable to sleep on the floor than on that mattress - the dorm room beds had actual mattresses and were a fraction of the cost. So the private room was not worth the extra expense for limited additional privacy. The hostel next door is much better and virtually the same price.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Worst Hostel I have ever been to! Slow staff, breakfast was Only a pancake and you have to wait in a looong line to get one! The beds wiggle and the bathroom was dirty. Everywhere in the room was stuff people who already checked out forgot and nobody from the staff threw it away. The only good thing was the 1 minute walk to the beach from there. I stayed there for a week and it was definitely too expensive and I don't recommend it.

The room itself is very run down, and I would have liked to have seen a much cleaner bathroom. The beds were fine just a little unstable. Roommates were great, and I also liked that they had large lockers in the room. The location of the hostel couldn't have been better since it was right by the beach. I loved the pancakes in the morning and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I just wish the room would have been cleaner.

• 31st Dec 2015

Most unconfortable bed I have ever slept in my life. The only thing you feel are the springs hammering into your body. A chair is much more confortable.

Pros: Great location, close to the beach and the main Waikiki strip. Helpful staff, great atmosphere in our room and downstairs (we were there over NYE 2016). Tours and activities available every day. Affordable rates. Cons: Even though they're cleaned daily, the bathrooms are in need of a restoration, a bit dilapidated and dirty (though we didn't really mind all that much). Only one washing machine, constantly being used, struggled to get a load of washing in. Overall: Good, cheap hostel.

The hostel had a great atmosphere and is in a great location at Waikiki. The bathroom probably needs a renovation but was mostly clean but the bed was horribly uncomfortable!

I always stay here! Great every time. Rooms were even improved!

Little slow on laundry completion, but nothing that posed any problems. Breakfast is provided but only pancakes that needed to be thicker. Clean rooms, nice bathrooms, room was great.

• 18th Dec 2015

Free shuttle, this hostel is very lost! It's easy to find someone with a car for visit Maui. My room was very cold! I think that the medium age in this hostel is 35 years old. This hostel is very quiet but there aren't a lot of young people (20-30)

• 12th Dec 2015

If your a laid back traveller who plans to spend all your time at the beach, this place would be good for you. Not luxurious but good enough. I recommend going for a private room/shared bath. Best deal

• 11th Dec 2015

The hostel wasn't very clean and it kind if looked old. But nonetheless I would still recommand this place, I met heard of cool people and the hostel offers a lot of acticities around the island. They have free beach stuff, you can rent a surfboard for cheap and they have a complimentary beeakfast.

Walk to Waikiki.

• 1st Dec 2015

I only booked in for one night here. The staff were super cool and very friendly. But that was about it, my room was pretty grim, including a smash in the wall and stains on the wall and stains on the bed sheets. There was feeling of dirtiness everywhere too. Besides that, great location so I didn't need to stay in the dirty room for long. I wouldn't rush back here. But would stay for one night if I needed too.

The athmosphere was so weird in general. The staff seemed completely stoned and like not really giving a s*** about anything. The rooms were really noisy at night because of loud wind fans and the need for open windows to compensate for the humid and warm climate in the room. Whether it was caused by the bad weather or not, the cleanliness of both the room and the hostel in general was pretty poor. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone I do not hold grudges against.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So close to beach it's great. Bathrooms were filthy. Staff were great. Would stay again. 8bd dorm had heaps space.

Nice hostel located one block away from Waikiki Beach. Unfortunately it's not allowed to sit together in the group area after 10 pm, because the neighbours could complain. Fair enough. Great Pancakes for breakfast. You get a good value for your money.

I felt like this was the lowest quality of Hostels on the block. Tiny rooms and tons of beds. There was nowhere to put my stuff, other than in the small locker. No couches, or chairs, counter. It was hot and crammed into a tiny room. The staff was nice and seems like a chill place. Just the room with 6 peeps was not a pleasant stay. Sorry

First time staying in a Hostel and I had a great experience. I would definitely stay again! I stayed in the 2 bed female room and it was super loud outside (nothing the hostel can do though- just the hotel next door). The staff was super welcoming and were great help for anything you needed!

• 6th Nov 2015

This could be a really great hostel if just a couple things could be updated! Firstly, the bathrooms were on the not-so-clean side with mould and some tiles missing so it would be nice to see some renovations to get it up to date. The pancakes at breakfast were nice, but it would also be great if there were some other options too such as cereal or fruits, especially to keep the lines shorter during the peak breakfast times. The location of the hostel is fantastic though!

My room was not cleaned when I arrived at midnight. Dirty carpet throughout. Black mold in bathroom. Bathroom smelled. only one stove with only two burners working . Fridges overly full, no room. Overly loud music in common area. Staff member with no shirt of any kind. They had no record of my key deposit.

• 3rd Nov 2015