Porto Alegre Eco Hostel Reviews

R. Luiz Afonso, 276, Porto Alegre, Brazil

The staff were helpful and friendly, they even organised.a movie night when the weather wasn't great. Really lovely hostel

A bit pricey but hey, it was World Cup time. A happening hostel right near the park, a centre of Porto Alegre life, and just around the corner is the bar scene and restaurant centre.

Horrible stay. Our room was given to someone else so had to stay in a 8 bed dorm which was a converted garage outside the main building. Outdoor lights left on all night meant no sleep, until we moved into the common room and selpt on the sofa instead. Really poor after high expectations. Would not recommend.

Bedbugs bit me at Eco Hostel Porto Alegre. I bites on my right arm, not too far from my armpit and I was a victim of bites on various other parts of my body. I had to wash my clothes a couple of time and also buy a product to spray my clothes down. In a nutshell this hostel cost me money thanks to their bedbugs. I took a photos of a couple bedbugs at the residence so I'm 100% they were there.Thanks Eco Hostel. Two Laundries were 50 reals and the spray was 18 reals, plus cost of bed with bedbugs.

Despite the high price due to the lack of competition in the city, staff and location makes it a good option. All guests were complaining about the meager breakfast.

It's a good surprise this hostel in POA.

Good location, but the staff is very aloof and rude. It took the front desk girl around 2 minutes to look up from her computer to greet me. She told me they don't take credit cards when they actually do, and she put me in a 10 bed dorm when I booked a 5 bed one. No explanations, no apologies. Also, I asked her about Gramado which is a very famous spot near Porto Alegre, not only she didn´t have any info on tours, she didn´t even know where it was! Not coming back there again, that's for sure.

• 22nd Mar 2014