Porto Alegre Eco Hostel Reviews

R. Luiz Afonso, 276, Porto Alegre, Brazil

It's a good surprise this hostel in POA.

Good location, but the staff is very aloof and rude. It took the front desk girl around 2 minutes to look up from her computer to greet me. She told me they don't take credit cards when they actually do, and she put me in a 10 bed dorm when I booked a 5 bed one. No explanations, no apologies. Also, I asked her about Gramado which is a very famous spot near Porto Alegre, not only she didn´t have any info on tours, she didn´t even know where it was! Not coming back there again, that's for sure.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Small hostel but in a good location. Rooms are also small with a lot of beds. Average breakfast. There is only one bathroom down stairs, by the kitchen, so had to wait a long time for showers. However shower is good and hot. Nice lounge area with TV, beanbags and sofa. Go to the 'dirty old man ' cocktail bar around the corner!

Hugely overpriced for what is essentially an average at best hostel. The staff, while friendly, weren't helpful and made no attempt to explain any of the facilities in or around the hostel. Handed a map with no explanation of where we were of what was close by - its such a little thing but would make a difference. Cleanliness could be better, especially the bathrooms - I also don't understand why there is a men's bathroom upstairs and then if you're female a unisex one as far away as possible?

View all Porto Alegre Hostels