Purple Nest Hostel Valencia Reviews

Plaza Tetuán n 5, Valencia, Spain

This hostel was amazing. Me and my friends had the top floor, with access to the roof as well as our own private bathroom. With this hostel, we got to go on a walking tour to learn about the city of Valencia, and eat local Paella right in the living room. The wifi was great, the staff was hilarious, and it was so international and in such a prime location. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone traveling to Valencia, the people are overly accommodating.

Pros- The afternoon staff of two guys were really nice and welcoming. The hostel was easy to find. The common room is nice. Cons- filthy dirty floors in the rooms, no breakfast, no locks on the lockers. very unhelpful night staff. I couldn't get the wifi to work at all & the guy told me to try in the common room (where I previously was) and nothing. He said its probably because of Fallas. Night staff interacted poorly with others (i saw some heated discussions) & LOTS of excuses about Fallas.

Hi, Thanks for your comment! The breakfast was included in you rate (churros and chocolate) and it was written on the blackboards and we told you in the check in. In our hostelworld profile you can read that we sell the locks...Because of the storm, and because of the hostel was full the wifi couldn't work very good. The night staff apologizes. I talked with the guy and he told me he was in a hurry trying to control people when you came at the recepcion. Regards, Juan

Very helpful staff, clean and comfortable. They have free walking tours and pub crawls starting at their bar. Thanks guys! I will be back

Hello! Thank you for visiting us! We hope to see you back in Purple Nest soon! :) Kind regards, Saara

The location was perfect and the staff very welcoming and helpful. The beds were clean but it was a bit smelly everywhere. The whole hostel needs some renovation. Especially the bathroom was a bit shabby. I wouldn't say don't go there but don't expect a cozy hostel with comforting things like your own little lamp and charging facility on your bed. It's ok, I can't compare to others in Valencia. And the location I'd say is unbeatable. But it could be much better if they'd renovate certain parts.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your comment and thanks for choosing us! You booked a basic room type, and paid no more 14€ during Las Fallas Festival. We also had rooms with more facilities and bathroom inside the room for few euros more. Best regards Juan

Ma and a friend stayed in the basic 4 bed dorm. We didn't like the room. There were 2 bunk beds with no space to move. The beds were extremely squeaky, the light in the room was very poor and the window was facing the wall so the room was very dark + the walls were red which didn't help.There are no power plugs next the bed or lights. The bathroom needs some renovations, especially the showers. The staff was friendly but was missing some basic knowledge of the city. Great location.

Hi, Thanks for your comment! The room you booked is a basic type, that's why it has lower price. There is one locker per bed, and every locker has one power plug, and there are few on the walls... In a shared room, the light has to be poor, if not every people arriving could disturb other people. In our staff there are people from all around the world. Some of them are doing a internship... that could be the reason you feel they didn't know yet about basic things. Regards, Juan

Staff were very helpful! They helped me organising my trip and made my stay wonderful! Recommend the walking tour, they brought us to the mazcleta for fallas , incredible experience! Good location easy walk from city centre.

Hello! Thank you very much for your comment! It was a pleasure to have you here! :) Best regards, Saara

I only had one issue with this Hostel. They do not allow you to drink your own alcohol in the common area. I understand that most hostels do not let you drink alcohol near the bar, However this hostel doesn't allow drinking anywhere except outside. I did not feel like paying 5 euros for one beer or 2.5 euros for a shot of cheap tequila when there is a supermarket right down the street that I can buy good alcohol for much cheaper. Other than that, the staff and facilities were great for price.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. It is true that we don't allow people to bring their own alcoholic drinks to the hostel in order to maintain the dorms calm so that everybody can get a good sleep in their rooms. We have very cheap prices in our bar, you can get one beer for 1€! Every day we also make discounts for cocktails and mixted drinks, so even if you are a low budget traveler, the prices won't hurt too much :) Anyway, we understand your opinion :) Kind regards, Saara

Excellent location, you can get a really good brekfast for 3 eur wich is really cheap, staff are really nice and friendly also you can get clean towels.

Hello! Thank you for your comment! We are very glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us! Anytime you want to come back, we will be waiting in Purple Nest :) Happy spring time and greetings, Saara

The hostel is well located and the bedrooms/bathrooms are clean. The main problem is the weird atmosphere. The bar tender was playing very loud and club music all day long, even when people were only eating or reading...and when we asked him to lower the music, he didn't do it. It was annoying. Another thing is that we took it mainly for the roof terrace as we see in the pictures, but when we arrived, the staff said that's there is no roof terrace !!

Hello, Thank you for your comment! It is good to know your opinion about the music and the athmosphere, we will definitely pay more attention to that. We want all our guest's to feel comfortable in our hostel. Thank you for the tip! In the pictures you can see photo of our terrace which is located on the fist floor. There is no information told that we would have a roof terrace. We are sorry if the photo confused you. We wish you great spring time! Regards, Saara

I think that everyone needs to stay here, it was a little quite but I think that's because I was out of season however the staff are so friendly that I was never on my own. So close to everything and the breakfast was worth paying for !!!

Hello, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Purple Nest Hostel. Yes that is right it is a low season so it is a bit quite but we are trying to make as may activities to get guests involved as possible! Thank you very much for your lovely review! Regards, Joanna

Older age dynamic through all of hostel

Hi, Thanks for your comment! We have private rooms, so there are sometimes old people booking than kind of rooms...Why not? Best regards from Valencia Juan

I' ve been at purple nest for 4 days while searching for a house in Valencia and I must say that it has been like being at home. The hostel is clean (all the areas are cleaned everyday) the building is nice and in a really good position. The beds are confortable and clean such as the bathroom (showers are never running off of hot water). The best about this place are the people working there.. they are always trying to help you and feel confortable. Really a nice stay!

• 10th Feb 2015

Hi! I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Purple Nest! Hope we will see you again soon!! Joanna

Everything was fine expect for the temperature. At room 54 there are holes between the roof and the external wall that let much (cold) air in. Coming back at night the room would be warm because of the strong air conditioning, but later in the morning (with the heating turned off) the room becomes very cold very quickly (same temperature of outside which was less than 10 degrees during our stay!). If people get up early (8am) its ok, otherwise you should turn on some heating in the morning too!

• 7th Feb 2015

Hi , Thanks for your comment. We are happy that everything was fine excep the temperature. We turn off the air in the mornings because normally guests are out, and that way we try to save energy for the enviorement. The first week of February was very windy, so that's the reason why there was more cold air entering trough the windows. Our hostel is protected by the goverment, becuase is a historic building so can't change those windows. Best regards from Valencia Juan

The beer is bad and expensive. The kitchen smelled like noodles all day which cause the halls to smelled like noodles too. The showers are really bad since you have to keep pushing a button to obtain water and it's not even that much water coming out. They said staff will be in the front desk from 7am, I was outside of the hostel from 710 to 740am ringing the bell and nobody opened the door.

Hi , We sell in our bars the best spanish beer (Cruzcampo) and Heineken...and the small one costs 1€. Normally people are always cooking in the kitchen, so maybe you dislike how it smelled, and in christmas time we were cooking dinners every night. Sorry if one of this smell you didn't like. We have a 24h reception service, so maybe we arrive late maximum 10 minutes because we are always doing a round to check that everything is ok in the hostel. Regards! Juan

The receptions are very nice and they are helpful as well. The shower is cold though.

Hi Hamid! Thank you so much for your comments :) We are really helpful to continue improving! We hope to see you again! Kind regards. Purple Nest Staff,

Good hostel

Hey! Thank you for visiting our hostel! We are always happy to receive simley and happy guests :) Take care! :)

very good value for the money

Hello! Thank you for visiting us and for your comment! We wish you a happy fall time and take care! :) Best greetings from sunny Valencia

Upon check in there was some difficulty with the computer but the receptionist was incredibly apologetic and helpful. All of the staff were really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere in the bar/kitchen area was lacking and we found it hard to mingle with people in the common areas. The directions were easy for us to find the hostel, it's in a nice clean area very close by walking distance to the centre of the town for shops and food.

Hi Brooke! Thank you so much for your comments are really helpful. We are going to improve about the area of the bar and kitchen. We hope to see you again! Kind regards. Purple Nest Staff.

Great hostel, near to the old part of Valencia as well as the park and public transport. Good common area. They seem to have a few large groups coming through which was fine as there was plenty of space. I didn't buy the breakfast as it looked pretty ordinary for 3euros. The rooms were comfortable and bathrooms generally clean. It did get a bit cold with aircon at night so pack a jumper and some trackies.

Hi Johana! Thanks to you to stay in Purple Nest. We want that our guests feel like at home, visit the city, discover a lot of places and have fun in Valencia! We will check about the aircon. Kind regards. Purple Nest Staff.

Nice hostel with a few things going on here and there. Big well-stocked kitchen. Easy to walk to from both train (15min) and bus stations (25min). Nice terrace on the first floor. Elevator to all floors. It's a huge hostel with many, many guests. Lockers in rooms. Free towels! Room we were in (Room 11: 10-bed mixed), was right next to the major road and therefore very, very noisy.. bring earplugs!

Hi Shiv! First of all, thanks for stay with us in our Hostel and thanks again for your comments in HostelWorld’s website. We are always trying to improve our service: activities, facilities, cleanness, etc… I have checked with my manager and in the future, amybe, we will change the windows. Kind regards. Purple Nest Staff.