Raizzy's Guesthouse Reviews

165G Jalan Tun H. S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great social hostel in a perfect location in Chinatown. Easily accessible by stations Pesar Seni and Kuala Lumpur. Staff were great, met many lovely people here, and could easily connect to everything in KL. My only criticisms... The wifi worked for about half an hour out of our 3 night stay, also it was quite expensive to do laundry (8 ringgit a kilo) although the service was good.

It's fine... just about. The breakfast could include some fruit, not just toast. Do not get your laundry done here. They shrunk all my clothes by drying them at a too high temperature and broke my sports bra by melting the plastic bits.

Really nice place! The staff was awesome and it was easy to relax and feel at home. Location is great, you can walk to almost all the bigger sights. The breakfast is very simple, but there's free coffee, tea and water all day so it's alright. The pillows are amazing!

this guesthouse has a superb atmosphere. There are always people to meet in front of the hostel. Everything is clean and the staff is extremely helpful. It is just outside chinatown and near to Kuala Lumpur station, which makes it easy to go to some neighbouring areas around China town (Little india etc.)

Everything was good. Pity that I couldn't change the amount of nights (from 2 to 1) when I arrived.

This hostel was okay considering what we paid for it although it leaked a lot in the rain and the shower/toilet facilities could have been improved a lot. It's not the hostels fault (apart from the horrible pillows which gave me a headache) but we didn't have one good nights sleep while there and were happy to leave and hoped to get a good nights sleep in the next place! However, a big positive for the place is that the staff are lovely, a really friendly and welcoming family.

Stayed here 3 times. Staff treated me as family. Close to everything. Felt like second home.

The location is great! The hostel is near the cheap and delicious food stores with convenient stores and the hostel is very near the transportation system such as buses and trains. The staffs is also nice and helpful. However, the bathroom is not that clean and there isn't enough bathroom and toilet compare to number of guests.

Nice hostel to stay at and really good location!

Lovely staff, great location. Only worry was our ancient bunk bed that threatened to collapse !

• 30th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Amazing staff. Basic, clean rooms, bathrooms and common space. Simple free breakfast. Good location close to china town and night markets. A bit confusing finding it at first from the train station.

Excellent? Really? I booked a twin (and paid double) but got mini dorm, 2 bunks in a 2x2 tiny, dinky room. Noisy, could hear showers, people next room, temple bells chiming at 4.30 am! for 30 min, sleep was over. Blankets seemed unclean. Staff wasn´t overly friendly, they got angry cause they only charged me for 2 instead of 3 nites, not my fault. Also gave me worst directions. Breakfast just white bread, jam and yellow butter, all on the cheap. Worst hostel i every stayed in.

Very impressed with our stay at raizzys hostel, it was clean and a homely comfortable environment. The room was a little small but nothing to spoil the stay! Free tea and coffee was a treat and drinks to buy were well priced! The staff were very helpful and keen to five help and advice whenever needed. A very good convenient location on china town near all the attractions and easy to get to the klkummuter train line which took us everywhere we needed! Would definitely recommend! Thank you!!

• 19th Dec 2015

Good. Staff helpful when asked anything. Pillows uncomfortable!! Very hard and bumpy!

Having stayed at Raizzy's before a few years ago I booked to stay again. This time, however, I was a little disappointed. We booked a double room but were given a bunk bed instead. Some of the rooms don't have windows so get a but stuffy. And the toilets and showers were fine but could have been cleaner. There is a nice common area to meet other travellers and also a computer for guests to use which is useful. Overall our stay was ok but we won't be coming back next time.

Great location on the edge of Chinatown, close to a lot of delicious affordable food. Just a block away from 2 train lines so very easy to get around. The staff was very helpful and the wifi was great. Previous reviews had complained of squeaky beds which I thought was ridiculous, until I lay down on one, absurdly loud squeaking with every slight movement. Atmosphere isn't very social. Overall the good outweighed the bad and I came back at the end of my trip. Also the cafe next door is nice.

Nice hostel close to the centre of China town. Quite a walk to the bigger malls and shopping district but very conveniently located for getting around with public transport. Breakfast is very basic (toast and jam) and the common area is a bit small for the size of the hostel. Private rooms are very clean with proper ac and fair price.

Best hostel! Nice common area which is good to meet other travellers. Staff is really lovely and helpful. Only thing I can criticize is that the beds in the dorm squeak.

The quality is reasonable for its price. The room is ok. The location is good, pretty close to Chinatown and you could reach the metro easily. What I like most about this place is the atmosphere. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. All the guests there are also nice and there's a shared space at the lobby where it gives homie vibe. I had a good experience there hanging out with all the backpackers. As I'm a girl who traveled alone. I think this place is safe, cheap and cheerful.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Thailand

Nice hostel, very good location and friendly staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3