Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

First time I've written a review because this hostel was amazing! We've been travelling for five months and this is the best place we have stayed, easily. Stayed in the 16 bed dorm but the pod style beds are private and quiet and SO comfy, it feels like a hotel. Great facilities, cinema and roof top bar. Perfect location, right near the train. Don't stay anywhere else in KL!

• 31st Jan 2015

If you like to party, book this hostel, if not, prehaps find another:) The rooms and bed and showers were really good btw!

This has the feel of a hotel not a hostel from the minute you walk in. The staff on the front desk are dealing with so many people that at times are rude just asking for a map gets you a blank face and a map shoved in front of you with no advice on the area not the hostel vibe I have grown to love around the world. The cafe downstairs plays techno at 3 in the afternoon with terrible WiFi all over the place. Great bar on the roof but on quiet nights the bar staff try too hard to create atmosphere

Great hostel, very luxurious compared to other hostels I've stayed in! It might be a little pricier than others but I've enjoyed myself there and met some cool people. Only downside is that if you want to go to the rooftopbar in the evening, you HAVE to buy a drink and they were expensive - not hostelfriendly prices

This seems to be quite an upscale hostel for KL, and is very enjoyable. It was the first time by hostel bed has had its own "cubby" rather than being a simple bunk bed. The rooftop bar has a great view, the downstairs restaurant is quite good, and the place even has its own cinema. Do note, however: there are multiple hostels with the name "Reggae." My maps app sent me to the wrong one, and it took me forever to find the actual "Reggae Mansion." Also, the wifi often got bogged down.

A good hostel, but a bit over rated. The atmosphere was good on the roof top bar, and it's really cool up there. The rest of the hostel seems to lack something... no sense of community like there is in other hostels we've been in. Maybe my expectations were too high as everyone raved on about this hostel. Overall a decent place, with good staff. Wifi was shocking at times; pretty inconsistent connection, but that's not really a big deal. Would stay at back home hostel if in Kl again.

I have nothing bad to say about the hostel itself or the staff. Staff very helpful and hostel very clean with good facilities. Basic breakfast is included, bread n rice/pasta depending on day, but if you have dietary requirements like I are, you can order omelette for jus RM4. The only comment I have is that the location is near a dodgy area but you are right beside the metro that takes you everywhere so it can be avoided. I would still recommend staying here.

as the last few times I stayed at raggae mansion, it's always great. the rooftbar bar is awesome with a great view and great people and party every night. But you will also find your quiet spot. Would definetly stop there again

Awesome hostel. Big beds. all clean. Staff very friendly. Would recommend ir definitely. Best hostel I have stayed in so far.

This hostel is dope! Pros: - very close to MRT - awesome rooftop bar open late....great for socializing! - comfortable, clean bed Cons: - Staff could have been a little friendlier. They were so-so. Not the worst experience, but not the best either.

A bit more expensive than everywhere else in KL but i think its worth the extra couple dollars. Beds were huge and comfortable, had curtains and were pod like so had a ton of privacy. Rooftop bar was pretty cool, though drinks were expensive and they tried to tell me i had to buy a drink to enjoy the rooftop even when i was a paying guest. Overall good though, would stay again!

Look its not what it use to be. Staff are very stange and you have the security sleeping in the bunks and collecting money from travellers for drinks or what not so they can make a quick buck. Theyre pretty stupid, one of them changed money with a traveller and got the wrong amount anyway try another hostel guys

If you are looking for a place with a good atmosphere, this is the perfect place for you!, good location, the staff is always up to helping you, I would come back to this hostel! you should go to the rooftop bar, you'll have a good time and be able to meet new people !

Great hostel, very clean and fun

I found reggae mansion to be very clean and very safe. However, it wasn't the 'party hostel' we were expecting and we got pretty bored each of the three nights we stayed there. The rooftop bar looked good but lacked atmosphere. Maybe we just hit a boring bunch of people. The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hostel is very good.

Reggae Mansion is definitely worth the praise it gets. The dorms are clean, the pod style beds are awesome for feeling like I had my own space in a huge dorm room. The only problem was that the AC was on full blast and I was absolutely freezing. The breakfast was ok, toast or some sort of noodle that seemed like leftover from dinner last night but maybe not. The potato wedges were pretty good. Nice central location near transportation and buses. Rooftop has an awesome view.

I stayed here for total of 6 nights. Everything was great. Just check my overall review here: http://iamryshel.com/2015/01/21/six-nights-at-reggae-mansion-kl/ Thanks for the wonderful time Reggae Mansion! :-)

Had a great stay at the Reggae Mansion. It was nice to stay at a hostel with its own bar - the rooftop bar was a great place to have a drink and view the city surrounds, very nice atmosphere and not too much of a crazy party vibe when I was there. Good, clean facilities too. The only downside was that the top bunks were very high up. A good place for meeting other travellers and close to public transport.

Let me get one thing straight... There is no Reggae at this Mansion. Sky blue walls... More like sky white walls! Best hostel I've ever stayed in! A really good atmosphere! After drinking a little too much at the rooftop bar, security kicked me out just in the knick of time! They were so nice that they even carried to my room, as my legs forget how to walk.... Dreams are made and then shattered to make new dreams! Great Hostel, keep up the good work chaps!

Good facilities, breakfast, location and clean rooms. I'm glad I had a hard copy of my booking though as the receptionist struggled to locate it on the system and initially insisted I had none. Subsequently, when I checked out after two nights, I was told that I was supposed to check out the previous day on the system. I showed my receipt and booking ref yet again which they, somewhat reluctantly, accepted as proof. Overall a good hostel but a slightly strange attitude from the reception staff.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels