Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good location, close to china town. Really nice terrace bar, open also for other people. They have a super good cinema but they charge for it. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm, the bunk bed was too high, you had to climb up every time. A table or something else in the room to put stuff would be nice.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. Beds are super comfortable and private, the staff is constantly cleaning, the showers are hot and the AC is cold. As they clearly state, the hostel does play music till late at night and it can be easily heard in the rooms. Definitely stay here if your looking for a good time and a really nice hostel.

A fantastic building and facility for a hostel. Rooms very clean, modern and spacious with all the trimmings. My only issue was the staff not overly friendly or helpful. I asked the best way for a backpacker to the airport and all they offered me was a cab costing 95 RM. After getting advice from a local tourist info centre I realised I could catch a bus for 10RM straight there. On occasion the staff would not even look up from there desk/phones to look at you when asking a question.

Phenomenal value. Great property. Enjoyed my stay.

Great place to stay in KL close to everything trains Chinatown shopping etc. 24 bed dorm is the place to meet people! 7 wonders of maylasia tour organised by the hostel is brilliant you meet lots of people and the driver Ong keeps you laughing the whole trip.

Had a good stay here. The bunks are nice, spacious, and private. Sheets could be cleaner though, some stains. Also get your own personal outlet and light which is nice. Bathrooms and showers were clean and nice. Provided shampoo which was a nice extra. It's a party hostel so if you're looking for a good time this is definitely the place to go. Would recommend the place to others.

Really upscale hostel with a great location in KL. The hostel is beautiful and has outstanding facilities. The massive dorm rooms do make it difficult to meet other travellers.

The mansion was beautifully designed. Everything there was like a scene from a Korean drama. Personally i loved the place. Toilet is clean with hot water. Room has a locker. Breakfast was provided, Train station is about 5 mins walk away and the station was in the central. Staff there are awesome. However, we were on a budget getaway and this place is more of an Atas environment, to go to the roof you have to buy a drink first. Its a little harder to meet people compared to some other hostel.

Reggae Mansions is the best hostel in KL! Awesome staff who make your stay welcome (shout outs to Jayke), great services/facilities, and the most comfortable mixed dorm I've ever been in. If you get the chance to do the 7 wonders tour, I highly recommend going with Hong, who will make your sightseeing a memorable and hilarious time. Great place to meet others as it's a party/social hostel. I'll be back next time I'm in KL :)

had plans such as BBQ, City Tour etc.. It might have help for my trip planing.

Probably one of the best hostels we stayed at in the whole of Asia. A walk away from Chinatown and close to the station. Good sociable atmosphere, very clean and the staff were friendly- really enjoyed out stay!

The best hostel that I have ever stayed! Kudos to the Filipino staff of hotel - very friendly and helpful!!!!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel, easy to meet people, decent sized, clean private room.

Great hostel to stay at in KL. Like it states it is a party hostel so if you don't like staying awake at night probably not the best or bring some ear plugs. Staff were great bathrooms clean, great for meeting other travellers. Rooftop bar is the place to be.

The front desk was incredibly helpful. Our flight the next day was super early and they prepared sandwiches for us since we wouldn't make it to breakfast. I thought this was a great service. Rooms are super cool. Very clean and beds are spacious. Private plugs and mirrors in each bunk is a great added touch.

Can't say anything bad about this place. The place is spacious and clean. Wifi is super fast and accessible throughout the building. The breakfast was good and filling. The location is in the heart of the city, no more than a 15 to 30 min walk to most of the attractions - even the Petronas Towers. For me, the best part was the staff, they were nice, welcoming, and informative, some of them even greeted me by my first name. Great place to relax, meet people, and have fun!

Great social hostel with beautiful interiors. Large mixed dorm had a lot of privacy (curtains, big bed, etc.)

The hotel is good with a very helpful, friendly and accomodating staffs. Their food is also delicious and cheap.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Very spacious and clean, great amenities, helpful staff, right next to the subway/ train station. Plus rooftop bar was sweet!! Has everything you need, would definitely go back! Only critique would be food was just okay, but not a big deal.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels