Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. Breakfast was a bit of a let down cause everything else was such a high standard

We booked a twin room. It was so small and claustrophobic. The bathrooms were not very nice. The staff when we checked in were really nice and helpful but the staff on in the morning when we checked out weren't great. The rooftop bar was cool and it was in a good location - getting around the city was easy.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay and be safe with clean and really nice atmosphere then it's the place to go!!! I really enjoyed to stay there... The staff are really nice and helpful...

• 14th Feb 2015

We stayed at this hostel twice and had two completely different experiences. The first time we had a two person room with a shared bath and got a room on the first floor. The staff was really helpful and we really liked it. Then, between the 13-14, the night staff when was very unhelpful and didn't seem to know what was going on or rude. We had booked the same style room but was put in an awful bunk bed room close to the bar. The party that night went on til 3a and wasn't worth joining.

Awesome beds if you get the bottom bunk, bit of a hike to the top bunks. Really good rooftop bar with views of kl tower and petronas, more like a club then bar it's huge. It's got a cinema but no one really used it. Good showers that were clean. Definitely recommend going here if you go to kl. Close to the mrt for getting round and the free jump on and off bus.

really poor breakfast, not too friendly staff

We would like to remind our guest that we are serving a simple basic breakfast. When you check in the breakfast menu was being explained and given to you. Please don't come and complain about it because it is a complimentary and you have the right not to check in if you don't like our breakfast. Thank you.

Quite expensive or a hostel.... But its spotless and the dorms are probs the best ive ever stayed in absolutely nothing to complain about its like a decent hotel

Best hostel I've stayed in. Clean, comfy, good facilities, nor far from metro or bus station

Room smelt like a wet rug.

• 9th Feb 2015

Was awesome it's such a good hostel. Has everything you need cleanliness and party atmosphere

Nice hostel! Beware that its a party hostel, they also have more quiet rooms (you can ask for it!). I miss a relaxing room (only reception) and the breakfast is very simple (they should add eggs..).. Rooftop bar is cool but expensive food in hostel.

• 8th Feb 2015

rooms were not that nice. Bunk beds are difficult to climb. Bar insanely overpriced. Had to print sensitive data and didnt want to send it to the hostel mail. As a consequence I couldnt print it as the staff refused to let me login and download the file on their computer.

What a cool place!!

Huge hostel w/ tons of things backpackers love! They have an awesome roof top bar, great beds in the dorm rooms, good place to eat & has a cool Victorian feel to it. By becoming so big tho they've sacrificed in other areas. Above Avg rooms at Above avg costs, stifled atmosphere, & front desk staff is professional but didn't mention many things that other front desks do (ie. KL busses are free, here's how to get to...) They didn't mention the Thaipusam festival going on at the time, just too busy

First time I've written a review because this hostel was amazing! We've been travelling for five months and this is the best place we have stayed, easily. Stayed in the 16 bed dorm but the pod style beds are private and quiet and SO comfy, it feels like a hotel. Great facilities, cinema and roof top bar. Perfect location, right near the train. Don't stay anywhere else in KL!

• 31st Jan 2015

Feels like a 5 star hostel. Hectic! Awesome lockers, comfy beds, great party culture in the roof top bar. Private pods so you sleep like a baby after passing out from the sick shots cheap ass drinks. Best hostel in KL

If you like to party, book this hostel, if not, prehaps find another:) The rooms and bed and showers were really good btw!

This has the feel of a hotel not a hostel from the minute you walk in. The staff on the front desk are dealing with so many people that at times are rude just asking for a map gets you a blank face and a map shoved in front of you with no advice on the area not the hostel vibe I have grown to love around the world. The cafe downstairs plays techno at 3 in the afternoon with terrible WiFi all over the place. Great bar on the roof but on quiet nights the bar staff try too hard to create atmosphere

Great hostel, very luxurious compared to other hostels I've stayed in! It might be a little pricier than others but I've enjoyed myself there and met some cool people. Only downside is that if you want to go to the rooftopbar in the evening, you HAVE to buy a drink and they were expensive - not hostelfriendly prices

This seems to be quite an upscale hostel for KL, and is very enjoyable. It was the first time by hostel bed has had its own "cubby" rather than being a simple bunk bed. The rooftop bar has a great view, the downstairs restaurant is quite good, and the place even has its own cinema. Do note, however: there are multiple hostels with the name "Reggae." My maps app sent me to the wrong one, and it took me forever to find the actual "Reggae Mansion." Also, the wifi often got bogged down.

← Back to search results