Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Make sure that you are not on the 2nd floor. The roof club is extremely loud and you will not be able to go to sleep until 4am.

Impressive hostel. It feels more like a hotel. The beds are very comfortable and they give you some privacy with the courtains. It's expensive but worth it. My critic goes to the RM 3 they make everybody pay if you want to access the rooftop bar, it should be free if you are staying and the hostel!!!

Great place!

by far the best place for backpackers to stay in KL. centrally located, nice clean dorms. world cup match screening at the roof top bar. everything was great.

• 18th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Close to the train and bus station so getting everywhere wasn't a problem. Also in walking distance to central market and Chinatown. Stayed in a private double room on the bottom floor, was very clean and tidy. Shared bathrooms were also clean. Rooftop bar was a good place to hang out at night, didn't really have a problem with noise on the bottom floor. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

• 18th Jun 2014

It is impossible to be more impolite than your staff at the reception. Once I entered the lobby and the lady was yelling at me i didnt pay for that day. That was a lie and i proofed it. Instead of apologizing she just said: ok go! the guy at the reception with the undercut and the glasses was extremely rude to two of my female friends. The redt of the reception staff was not much nicer.

• 16th Jun 2014

Not good for solo traveller wanting to make friends. The place is huge and the dorm beds are private booths creating a very private vibe in the whole place. It's almost like being in a hotel because of how big everything is - making it awkward to approach people and socialise. The facilities were the best I've seen - but would only advise for groups or extremely confident travellers.

We had a good stay at the reggae mansion but felt that the advertised party atmosphere was someone lacking.

I've the same opinion as the majority of travellers I bumped into on Malaysia; this place is seriously over rated. I walked in to find a massive argument between staff and a guy from chile who wanted to watch the World Cup. Stayed Saturday night but zero party atmosphere, when nothing much happened the DJ just kept turning the music up. You could do better getting a more central hostel and avoiding the over priced bar here

Everything was great but the movie theatre was kind of a slight disappointment due to being more expensive than a real cinema, limited show times and a minimum requirement of 3 people. I was gone for majority of the day with activities and site seeing but a person can only go to the patio bar at night so many times. So it'd be nice to kick back and relax and watch a movie with a beer after a long day. Nonetheless still had a great time! Cheers!

Try to get a room that isn't under the rooftop bar and you're all good. Good social scene and location. Prepare yourself for a hike if you get a top bunk, they're 3 metres up!

The area is shady especially at night . Me and my bf got a private room and it ended up being a bunk bed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Not much to say about here. Expensive in comparison to other hostels but when you compare the rooms, showers, staff etc. You see why. One negative is everything is an extra charge.... 10 Malaysia dollars to see a movie that is just off a USB? Come on.... Other than that incredible

I really liked the capsule style set up of the dorm rooms which gave complete privacy. The bar and courtyards were sociable areas and the little cafe has a good range of drinks and foods on offer.

Great, fun hostel. City tour was excellent. I feel like an old man saying this, but the music at the bar can be too loud here. When the bar is not crowded, it really doesn't need to be super loud - it made it more difficult to have a conversation there. I expected my room to be quiet since I didn't get a party dorm, but I could hear noise from the bar well into the night. Also, the staff wasn't very helpful when a taxi driver tried to rip off me and my friends.

Reggae Mansion is a pretty excellent hostel right in KL. The rooftop bar is fantastic and the facilities are really clean. Overall the staff was pretty great, except for one person at the front desk who wasn't very helpful and seemed annoyed all the time. Very close to the train station which made exploring KL and Malaysia really easy. I'd stay here again.

so loud everywhere on Weekends. impossible to sleep, Music from the rooftop is way too loud

Party hostel. If you want to relax, don't dare to go there. The rooftop is great and you even get a sight to Petronas Towers. The restaurant is good and staff super friendly, Only problem for me are the toilets. They are really small, hot and have no windows at all. You take a shower and 1 min later you are sweating again.

Very nice hostel. The restaurant was also great and really really worth the money. We will come back!!

Would 100% stay here again. Absolutely loved my stay, amazing happy staff, great rooftop bar, awesome beds. One of the best hostels I've been to.

• 5th Jun 2014