Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel with loads of activities going on and an amazing bar! Very central location near the markets and train station.

This is the best hostel I have seen. It caters perfectly both solo travelers and small groups. It'll be perfect if there isn't hair on my bed and the male receptionist could look at me when he's talking to me. it's not a big deal.

Very nice hostel in terms of decor, cleanliness and facilities. We didn't find the rooftop bar worthwhile but that would depend on the people staying in the hostel at the time, less social/friendly than other places. Huge shout out to Ong who took us on tour to the Elephant Sanctuary (highly recommended!!) which was one of the best days in our entire holiday. He is super helpful and has some great tips. Wifi wasn't great, breakfast is awesome and free! Walking distance to Petaling St.

Very noisy!! So much noise because of the roof top partys until 3-4am that are hosted by the hostel itself.Very unfriendly people working there, arrogant and really not willing to listen to our complains. Wouldn't go there again, and am not that picky usually

• 20th Jul 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us. Please note that Reggae Mansion is a party hostel. It was stated on our website when you booked and upon checked in it was highlighted to you as well. We are constantly improving our system and hearing feedback from reviewers like you helps us continuously improve our services.

Stayed 2 nights in a mixed 4 ppl dorm. Clean facilities, bunker style beds (=added privacy), great roof top bar (=easier to meet people over a drink as a single traveller), close to petaling st. Would stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great if travelling alone. roof top bar is amazing

Brilliant accomodation. So safe and welcoming. Such a party. Fab staff. Entertaining and Hilarious times had on the rooftop bar. Would go back to KL to stay at this hostel. Defiantly reccomend.

• 17th Jul 2014

reasonable for backpacker

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The rooftop balcony at Reggae Mansion is one of my top highlights of a hostel worldwide. Location is great. My one negative thing to say: I got in late my first night and wanted to see the nightlife on changkat. I figured it would be best for me to walk into a small dive bar, or in general a quieter bar, as I was a solo traveler looking to grab a drink and chat with bar patrons. I asked staff & they strongly recommended their sister bar, Reggae bar. It was a club with music blaring. Bad advice

Dear Guest, We really appreciate your feedback. Seems that you were disappointed with the advice of our staff but please note that "recommendations" are not always to be followed if it doesn't suits your needs. For solo travelers our recommendation, please do a little bit of research of the places you are going for you to have an overview. We wish you good luck on your travels.

Really great hostel! I've stayed in other hostels in KL and this is by far the best. Buzzing atmosphere, very helpful staff, good breakfast, clean rooms and a rooftop bar. Not much more you could ask for!

Good facilities. Nice rooftop bar but no other place to chill out or socialise. Staff are generally helpful but not very warm at all. The room I stayed in had no window and smelt slightly mouldy. Pretty much everything incurs a charge, even for computer use. The vibe is more like a hotel and less like a hostel.

awsome hostel

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Plus it has free breakfast!!

Loved staying here! You might think it's a bit expensive for Malaysia but considering its facility, location and cleanliness, this hostel is awesome. I highly recommend Reggae Mansion. Staff are also very nice.

Mostly everything was great, the only hiccup was with the facilities that I graded average, and this was because the wifi was mostly unavailable. When you´re travelling and relying on keeping in touch and researching, internet is imperative and we were given no valid justification for it´s lack of availability, just not working, end of story.

so good!!!! best hostel i've stayed at in a while

Really enjoyed our time at the Reggae Mansions. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the room we stayed in was really nice and clean. The rooftop bar was really good in the night time and we were staying in a 4 bed room that was a couple floors beneath it so the night we decided to go to bed early there was no noise in the room. Would definitely recommend Reggae Mansions to anyone staying in Kuala Lumpur.

Stayed here near the end of my trip, got really ill but couldn't have been in a better place to recover.. The dorm and bathrooms were spotless, the showers were great and there was water fountains on every level. However the hostel is almost so big that it's unsociable, in saying that I met some great people here who cheered me up when I was ill! You get a pod in the dorm rather than a bunk bed which is good for privacy but being on a top bunk is kinda scary! Rooftop bar is big but expensive!!

We stayed here for one night as we were flying the next day to sumatra. We had heard about this place and thought we should stay here for one night. It is quite expensive but definitely worth it. It's so clean and a really nice place to stay. We spent the evening at the rooftop bar which was really nice and had a good atmosphere with a view of the petronas towers. We enjoyed our short stay.

The hostel is secure and central. It's good that everyone has their own separate "bunker"

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels