Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thank you! Wonderful hostel, very modern and clean. Rooftop bar was great and staff very friendly and helpful

Great hostel with a really good rooftop bar, it is a bit expensive but has a great atmosphere and party til late! In a brilliant location in china town and near to the bus station for buses out of the city. Also really close to the metro for getting around the city

Nice location and nice roof bar to enjoy the city

Enjoyed our stay at Reggae Mansion. Stayed in private room, clean, comfortable and quiet. Billed as a party hostel we found the price of drinks likely put people off as it wasn't as crazy as expected. Music still pumped out most of the night and upper dorms definitely not the place to be. Overall we found had a good stay and would definitely return.

Rather dirty and loud.

• 6th Sep 2015

I am so impressed about this hostel. The location, the activities, the rooftop bar, the privacy, the staff, the whole as it is. The staff at the reception were so helpful and really welcoming! They are very helpful and they are smiling.

The hostel itself is awesome. Specialy the sleeping "Boxes" give you lots of privacy. The staff was horrible. I booked a 6 bed dorm room a week in advance and when I arrived they just told me there was a "system problem" and now I have to take the 16bed room... They were not willing to upgrade or give any discounts and just told me it's not there fault it was "the system" and I can also get my advanced payment back and leave...

Please be reminded that you have agreed to the changes as you were informed before the check in. And please give an honest review as discount was given to you and you were given a complimentary voucher for all the inconveniences.

This was the most overrated hostel we have stayed at. Everyone recommended it to us but we certainly were not wowed. It's so big and the bunks are like cabins so it's difficult to meet people. The showers in the toilets is just weird and drum and bass music during breakfast is never ideal after a heavy night. A disappointing stay.

Second time to visit here. a bit expensive for backpackers but it's worth it. If you like to meet people, party and drink.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

Was looking for a place to meet people and to party, so it was the perfect place: party on the roof and common facilities.

Not as social as expected when compared to other hostels in similar price ranges. Rooftop bar was cool but slightly empty.

Good hostel. Security very rude.

The location is just perfect: few minutes to the light train, Chinatown, Little India. The beds are big and separated, so you have a lot of privacy. Stuff well trained and helpful. The only one thing I didn't like were the showers. It is a WC-shower combo:( After taking shower the whole WC is wet.

The name is missleading...should be 'standard party music backpacker party hostel'.

One of the best hostels I´ve ever been to, and there have been many! Just keep on doing like this, you´re perfect.

Great showers. Breakfast is only toast and tea or coffee though.

The showers were not good enough

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Wooden bunk bed is quite old yet stable .mattress are thin and quilt cover was uncomfortable

Pros: Rooftop bar, big comfy beds, clean. Cons: Cameras in dorm rooms they don't tell you about (girls left after finding out, after they had changed completely in room). Desk staff are rude. Security are rude, physical (I was assaulted), and generally unprofessional. Bar staff don't pour drinks correctly (big bucket had 4 shots not the 10 advertised). Staff refused to let me talk to manager or owner about my issues. Was banned for simply having another guest in the room, normal hostel stuff?!

My stay in Reggae Mansion Hostel was really amazing! I dont think there is any Hostel which has that awesome atmosphere and a really cool rooftopbar. My only criticism would be that the Internet is not that great in the Hostel, especially in the dorms/rooms But all in all it was amazing and you get to know people really easily!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels