Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Would 100% stay here again. Absolutely loved my stay, amazing happy staff, great rooftop bar, awesome beds. One of the best hostels I've been to.

• 5th Jun 2014

Nice amd cozy common areas. Looks like a expenxive botique hotel but really cheap rates. Big beds as well. I was in a mix dorm but feels like own the entire room coz im the only one staying there maybe there was not much of guest that week. I like it here.

I enjoy everything about this hostel aside from that they don't allow you to bring your own alcohol in the building, forcing you to purchase from their bar, or to drink outside.

• 3rd Jun 2014

we love the hostel, the place and the private room we had! really a great place to stay, also the subway and bankmachines just around the corner.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Most enjoyable stay, exceptionally friendly, courteous and helpful staff, very good aircon, and adjacent restaurant is very useful. Drinks are too expensive, the Raggae restaurant charges more than UK prices for beer by quite a margin, but then drinks are very expensive in KL generally. The combination of toilets and showers in one small room with no paper or cotton towels provided is a pain. Overall however I very much recommend you staying there. BBQ, music and drinks are on Top of the Roof.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Had heard about this legendary place from travelers all over SEA. My only regret was not being able to stay long enough to fully enjoy it. This is a full on social/party place where there's never a dull moment if you don't want it. The 24 bed room hardly felt crowded at all save for some undesired talking at albeit, reasonable hours of the day—naps were unfortunately out of the question for that room. Everything was extremely secure and clean. The organized tours were wonderful as well.

This place is worth the extra money compared to other options. Heard about it from friends and loved it. I returned and stayed here again and will sugest it to anyone going through KL.

Overall a really good hostel. Really enjoyed the free breakfast and the rooftop bar was a plus. One huge negative is that I was staying in the 16 mixed dorm and halfway through my stay realized there were video cameras in my dorm which made me quite uncomfortable as I had openly been changing outside of my pod.. Would have appreciated being told that ahead of time. Staff were nice, but not the most helpful

Great hostel, although expected for the price you pay! Not one bad thing to say about the place... at all. Staying here every time I come to KL.

This hostel, of the many I've stayed in here in KL, receives top marks for cleanliness, facilities, location, and general coolness. You pay a little extra, but it's worth it, because it's really first-rate, especially the full breakfast, where other hostels just give you toast. However, the rooftop party, however great I thought it was while I was attending, ceased to be cool when I tried to go to sleep. The music and DJ sounds permeate the whole building. If you want to sleep, don't go here.

Rats between the bed construction. No window in the dorm -> smell was horrible muddy. After 4 mounth travelling in asia I was never treated like in kindergarten so much like here.

I got six stitches in my foot cos I was walkig around barefoot on the roof... Don't walk around barefoot!!! But I bled all over my room and the stairs and the mattress and the common area and they cleaned it right away and didn't charge me extra for anything and just made light of it all which was really nice. The rooftop bar is really in and everyone was so friendly! Probably one of the best hostels I've ever state at, as long as you're willing to spend a little extra money..

• 25th May 2014

Friendly staff, clean showers/ toilets, good location near china town and metro. Rooms a bit noisy even with earplugs in!

Had a great stay in Reggae Mansion actually stayed for two night over what we originally booked. Lovely rooms and fun rooftop bar. Just don't get the salads in the restaurant, their only fail. Only three ingredients in the "mixed" salad.

• 22nd May 2014

The staff were super awkward, very unapproachable. When you arrive they don't explain the facilities or give you a tour. Can be quite confusing. The rooms drunk of old washing/mildew. Party hostel. Not ideal for solo travellers.

Some of the best times I had on my travels were in this hostel. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

One of the nicest hostels throughout my SE Asia trip

The Hostel of Asia.

We (2 persons) stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 5 nights. The dorms were pods and provided a large locker, a reading light, pillow. mattress and curtain for privacy. As noted in other reviews the hostel is aimed towards those looking for party atmosphere with a club and bar on the top floor. Non-guests would regularly walk through the hostel, although limited to one 'party' staircase (with 'party dorms'). The noise was actually pretty bad for the rest of the hostel as well.

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed at. All the facilities are great. It's a shame the cinema hardly gets used as it looks really good

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels