Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is worth the money! The rooms are extremely clean. Each bed/cube has a privacy curtain, a plug, mirror and personal light. A towel is provided as well. The rooftop bar is a great place to hang out in KL and meet other travelers. The hostel even has a movie theatre inside! The downside is you never want to leave the hostel! The location, right on a metro stop and walking distance from China Town, is amazing as well.

I stayed in one of the private rooms, I had a window so you could hear the music from the rooftop bar. Friends told me that they couldn't hear anything in the dorms. I was under the impression that my room came with a bathroom but it was shared between 6 rooms which wasn't a problem as not many people but not what I thought I was paying for. Apart from those two little things I was really happy with my stay at reggae and would definitely go back. The rooftop bar is definitely a highlight!!!

I really liked the staff and the atmosphere.

Do not take a tour alone as a young female traveller. Overall the hostel was amazing, better than some hitels I've stayed in and the 7 wonders tour was good but be wary as a lone traveller.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I booked here because some fellow students were staying here, without realizing this was a "Party Hostel". Thankfully I fell asleep over the loud rooftop music anyway, but I really did not like the atmosphere. If you want a trashy rooftop party scene, book here. If you have your own padlock, bring it; otherwise you have to buy one from them to secure your belongings. Good city tours offered. Top bunks are weirdly high up. Good facilities though, and decent location, but KL is sort of boring.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. May we remind our guests once who booked in a hostel it is expected of you to take care your own belongings.The hostel provided you a place to keep your stuff therefore Guest should be responsible in safe keeping of their personal stuff.

Ver nice place and very well located. Facilities are great. Good breakfast. Bunkbed very spacious and provided with lamp and plug. Too noisy on saturday night due to rooftop party.

The rooftop bar provided with an excellent place to wind down after a long day out.

• Singapore

This is deemed a party hostel but the desk staff never really seemed upbeat or welcoming. They seemed under constant agitation with a lack of desire to look up and help the crowded desk in front of them. Questions were answered and needs were met but for this to promote itself as a party hostel, I would think that the staff would work to elicit such welcoming environment. The sleeping area was cute and there was a movie room as well. I woke up to a cockroach greeting me in the shower.

• 15th Aug 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for you comment. Our hostel have a comment and suggestion box for you to fill up so we can address the issue immediately. We wish good luck on your future travels.

정말 깔끔하고 좋았어요!!!! 외국인들과 이야기할 기회도 많았고!!!!옥상 바도 참좋앗어요!!!!!

• South Korea

Definitely a party hostel with the music bumping till the late hours of the night. Awesome place to stay, showers were the best I have seen in Southeast Asia with excellent hot water. Breakfast was small but good as is any that is included with a hostel and location was right near the masjid jamek termail which is central to Kuala Lumpur!! Worth a stay and a visit to the rooftop bar!!

Great hostel in a great location. I loved the 7 wonders of KL tour and would stay here again if I came back to KL!

Good in general, Nice building, very nice rooftop. BUT way too noisy in the rooms. We could hear the music from the rooftop bar even in what they call the "quiet" rooms, and even with earplugs. Even worse in the "loud" rooms. Also, too hot in the bathrooms!

Nice place to stay but it can be noisy in night time. Cleaners come in your room very often, sometimes a bit annoying. Breakfast is good and hot showers.

I love staying in the Reggae Mansion! I stayed in the four bed dorm which was pretty cool! Love the beds! Pretty private and comfy! The rooftop Bar is definitely worth a visit! Selling alcohol by the bucket ;) great place! Metro station nearby where you can get around easily with!

The hostel itself wasn't bad - room and facilities were clean and the location was quite good. However, Reggae-Mansion is a really big hostel, which means that it lacks the friendly atmosphere I have found in other hostels. The rooftop bar is a nice plus, though it was maybe a bit too party-ish for me.

Great atmosphere, ideal to know people. We had a single room, confortable.

• 9th Aug 2014

This is a really nice place, quite close to Chinatown and the Central Market, and a half hour walk from the Pavilion. Very clean and the staff are friendly. My only complaint would be that it's described as a 'party' hostel, but we kept getting yelled at for making too much noise...at 10pm. Once the bar closes, there's no common room. But overall, a nice place.

Everything was good. Nice people, clean and rooftop bar. But building has no elevator(lift) so that was the only little thing that bothers me especially when i carry my luggage to 3rd floor. Anyway overall i enjoyed in Reggae Mansion KL and wanna go back !!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice roof-top bar, even though quite expensive. It is a good place to meet other travellers

Great hostel, helpful staff. Cool beds and good breakfast. All ya need and more!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels