Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very good hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful, good location and can see the Petrona Towers at night from the rooftop bar, good friendly atmosphere, cool bar to drink at up on top, definitely recommend this hostel.

• 15th May 2014

Great hostel! Easy to get there from Klia2 or LCCT. The hostel is located 2 blocks from Masjid Jamek LRT Station. Good to move to/from KL´s hotspots. The staff is really nice and the rooftop and common spaces are really good. Rooms are spacious (with A/C) and the cleanliness of the whole hostel is excellent.

The beds are super comfy but are so private the make it a little hard to socialize.

Reggae Mansion is a really nice hostel with great facilities, helpful staff, a rooftop bar and breakfast which we only managed to get up for 1 morning haha! We stayed in a 4 bed dorm. While the pod beds are nice for privacy I did find them a little bit claustrophobic and it makes for an unsocial hostel. You never really know if there's anyone in the rooms as the curtains are pulled around the beds. We didn't find the rooftop bar that social to be honest maybe we were just unlucky!

Really nice room (2-bed private). Nice atmosphere.

• 10th May 2014

Great location, nice and clean and good facilities.

Nice hostel, however some rooms might be very noisy. The staff was not very welcoming.

This hostel is very clean with good facilities, and a great place to meet people in KL and the staff are friendly. The only problem was that in the evening you get questioned if you bring bottles (even water) to the hostel as they want you to buy all drinks from their bar. One guard suggested I leave my bottle of water at reception, even though I was going to my dorm and not the bar! He then took it back when I stood my ground. Later at the bar one staff member was openly shouting at another.

well, absolutly amazing stayingin this place, everything was so clen, organized. get to know lots of people from many parts, and the location was quite good, close to lots of good places. higly recomend this place if you are visiting KL.

• 8th May 2014
  • Panama
  • All Male Group, 18-24

good space and atmosphere to talk around and make friend everything is nice except air conditions(too cold) and restroom for gentleman( a little few)

Great hostel. Clean environment & friendly staffs. http://lookingassniggass.blogspot.sg/2014/05/backpacking-kuala-lumpur.html

• 6th May 2014
  • Singapore

6 bed dorm was comfortable enough, location was excellent for Chinatown. A/C leaked but was fixed the day after.

• 6th May 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Highly recommend it! Quite expensive though

We had a wonderful 5 nights at Reggae Mansion Luala Lumpur. We are older travellers and we stayed in a private room and were worried that the hostel might be noisy, due to its appeal to the younger traveller, but it was incredible quiet every night. We really enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend it to anyone. Great hostel, great staff and very close to Chinatown & little India and the LRT.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

the hostel itself if very good, more of a hotel than a hostel. food is very good, the cinema room is great

comparing the low price, I was happy with staying here. very good.

best hostel I have ever been. :)

Excellent hostel with fantastic facilities, showers etc, perfect if you need a break from slumming it at budget hostels. Great location with short walk to Chinatown and Little India and not too a stumble/crawl from clubs and pubs etc. Only downside I would say is since it is so large, that groups tend to segregate and I find there is not as much socialising in relation to smaller hostels, even with the great upstairs bar. However, I still recommend a night or two here if you are in KL.

Totally excellent besides the noise..

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Excellent hostel, perfect facilities, loved the pod beds - super comfy though not sure I could manage an upper bed!! Shame they don't show movies every day as standard, instead min. number of people and a charge. A young crowd at this hostel. Decent breakfast. Front desk staff funny and really helpful! Best shower I've had in Asia!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels