Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The location and facilities are great. Breakfast changes slightly every day with the option to purchase other items. Only issue was that I had to basically walk by a lounge and the front reception area door to shower.

The hostel surprised me positively under every aspects. The 24 mix dorms room gives you lot more privacy than other single rooms in other hostels. The staff is friendly and the rooftop bar is amazing at nights and for meeting international people! Totally happy about the experience here!

• 11th Sep 2014

Make sure you get a receipt for your adapter deposit. I was denied to have it refunded as it was not clearly documented.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We would like to remind our guests that all the transactions done during the day are properly documented. We have log book and reports to support it. There are times that guests are claiming they have put a deposit but actually they don't and would like to have money back.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean, nice amenities and great location. A nice hostel for both chilling out and having a good time at the bar upstairs. Free earplugs are a nice consideration because they are needed on Fridays and Saturdays if you want to escape the noise.

• 8th Sep 2014

It was a pleasure to stay here. The team was very kind and welcoming! The free breakfast, the architecture and the design of the hotel were amazing! Thank you so much.

• 5th Sep 2014

We loved this hostel. We were 3 girls staying in a private room the first night. Although it's a "party hostel", as soon as we closed the door to our room, the music rooftop party was completely silenced. I stayed in the female dorm for my second night after my friends left, and was really impressed by the set-up in the dorms. Each bed is pretty much like its own little capsule hotel. The free breakfast was good value for a hostel (other places we stayed at only had toast and coffee).

Just excelent! Propably the best dorm ever. All over Malaysia travelers speak about this place which offer way more than you actually expect from a hostel/

The stay was one of the best in a hostel I ever enjoyed. I already stayed in the Reggae Mansion in Penang which was good but KL is even better. I highly recommend checking in if you are in KL. It's more than worth it.

Very Nice hostel with good facilities. In that hostel there's always someone cleaning... Good breakfast and many places to "hang over" or to "chill". The bar on the roof top is also great.

I didn't give this hostel a higher rating because in my dorm room the smell of moisture was quite strong. I didn't like that much the fact that on friday night they make very noisy parties: good thing if you want to have fun, not so good if you're tired after a long flight... The staff was happy to help and the place is decently clean.

Many thanks to Salman, Beth, Ruby, and Lovely for looking after me at Reggae Mansion for one month! :) They were very helpful every single day of my stay. Everything was generally great at RM although I do hope that it relaxes on the number of rules and signs (e.g. legal disclaimers everywhere) and on the number of security doors. The only reason I mention this is that typically I would only have to go through one or two doors maximum to reach my room but it was six at RM.

• 27th Aug 2014

Super friendly, awesome breakfast and very clean facilities!!! I can fully recomend this hostel, I stayed 1 year in Australia and never found a hostel like this. Also the rooftopbar is great, If I come back to KL Im 100% sure to take this hostel again. Thank you so much Luka :-D

• 27th Aug 2014

Booked a private room, was so clean and the shared bathroom was as clean. Great location, Breakfast was really good, staff were super helpful even got us a map and gave us directions we needed to get about. Didn't get to use the roof garden or cinema room as we only stayed one night.

• 27th Aug 2014

Reggae Mansion is located in the centre of KL just next to chinatown. We really felt at home there and met loads of nice people. Please bear in mind that it is a music and party hostel and bring earplugs, because it might get a bit louder in the evenings!

This is an excellent hostel. My biggest complain is it feels a little bit like a prison. They have cameras literally EVERYWHERE and someone is CONSTANTLY monitoring you. Too much of a big brother situation for my liking. They had cameras inside my dorm room. Crazy!

Dear Guest, We really appreciate your feedback. Guests can stay in smaller dorms or private rooms if they need privacy. The cameras around the place is to ensure the safety of the guest.

We really loved reggae mansion, its cleaning, structure, roof top, the breakfast and the nice atmosphere. Nothing else to say :) hope to be back soob

• 24th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel with cool roof top bar. Location is good!

Nice place to stay at .... beautiful city

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is worth the money! The rooms are extremely clean. Each bed/cube has a privacy curtain, a plug, mirror and personal light. A towel is provided as well. The rooftop bar is a great place to hang out in KL and meet other travelers. The hostel even has a movie theatre inside! The downside is you never want to leave the hostel! The location, right on a metro stop and walking distance from China Town, is amazing as well.

I stayed in one of the private rooms, I had a window so you could hear the music from the rooftop bar. Friends told me that they couldn't hear anything in the dorms. I was under the impression that my room came with a bathroom but it was shared between 6 rooms which wasn't a problem as not many people but not what I thought I was paying for. Apart from those two little things I was really happy with my stay at reggae and would definitely go back. The rooftop bar is definitely a highlight!!!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels