Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Clean, tidy and modern hostel. free drinking water is good,showers are amazing and beds are big and comfortable. however it's expensive compared to other places and for what you get it's not great value for money. The continental breakfast is just toast! everything is an add on cost, computers, cinema, entry to the bar... it's ridiculous you have to buy a drink to go into your own hostel bar! you are not allowed to take your own drink into your own room. Overall it's overpriced for what you get

May we remind our guest that you have read, understood and signed the guest registration form upon check in. We don't understand inspite the notice given to you about what the hostel's house rules, breakfast you still complain.

Really easy to find, super great location for using public transit. Also, walking distance to many sites in town. Very clean, great bed and private space in dorms. Can hear music on weekends but they warn you of this clearly - not too loud though anyways. Tons of locker space but bring own lock. Great free coffee in AM. Staff very helpful and welcoming! Had laundry done and turned out nice, have adaptors available and get a clean towel on arrival. Very comfortable!!!

Good place to stay, good staff with great recommandations for sightseeing. Room and showers are ok and quite clean. I was staying at the 4th floors, you can hear some music at night, but it won't make you enable to sleep as some comments can say, I slept well :) . As explained when you arrive the breakfast is basic, but it's still better than nothing. I recommend this place.

Best hostel in KL. Very posh and amazing interiors, it is a huge property. Great staff, location, vibes and people. Every time I go back to KL I stay here. Only negative is the basic breakfast.

This hostel was lovely and I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting KL! We stayed in the main dorm, you had you're own space with all beds having curtains for privacy. Location wise it was pretty spot on, everything worth seeing is accessible by the KLT and most only seemed to be two or three stops away from the nearest station to reggae mansion. Atmosphere was good, nice food and very reasonably priced drinks!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed, and for sure will recommend to other friends. Super attencious and friendly staff, security well done, good location, and of course, the amazing rooftop bar. Wish I could have stayed in KL some more days just to enjoy the hostel a little more!

• 12th Apr 2015

A large hostel with some of the nicest bunks and facilities I've seen. The rooftop bar is super fun, and a great place to meet people. Location is near a metro station and the Chinese market. They will do your laundry for you on the same day. The restaurant is good, but much too expensive compared to places close by.

Overall this is a very decent hostel. The facilities are clean and the staff are all friendly and helpful. I was disappointed with their power adapter policy- they request that you go down to the front desk to get a free adapter but every time I asked they didn't have any. The wifi is very poor throughout the hostel. The building is almost too secure. By the time you get to your room you've pressed buttons about 20 times. And when you're drunk it's difficult to remember the codes.

It had been a while since I stayed in a hostel, but friend recommended it and I am glad I went with it. Great place to stay, Ong and the 7 wonders tour was excellent!

• 4th Apr 2015

Great place to stay...music till 3am and super clean and nice.

Staff Is a Little bit unfriendly, especially The Securities. Rooftopbar closes at 2:30 a.m. (Too early). Despite of, it's a great hostel and i will stay there again.

I met some good people here and had a good time. I was staying on the otherside from the bar and slept incredibly well. It's close to the metro and the rooftop bar was good value for money and meeting fellow travellers.

Best hostel I stayed in! Its like An hotel.

It's a pretty well established hostel. Loads of incredible facilities including a proper restaurant, mini-cinema and rooftop bar. Private twinshare room was a disappointment, it was a tiny room with a double bunk bed, aircon was stuffed but they fixed it promptly. Honestly eve though they have gone to a lot of effort with this hostel, they party atmosphere actually made it harder to have intimate conversations with guests, though I still made some friends. VERY drunken nights up on the roof...

This time is my 2nd stay here. Overall still good. Just they were running out of towel when i checked in and told me to ask them again in next morning. I did but they still have no towel left. Thats it. :)

Party hostel, very hard to get any sleep. Room party goes onto 5am almost every night

Great hostel in a very convenient location in KL. The bunks are spacious and comfortable, with enormous lockers and cold-blowing A/C. Bathrooms are plentiful and clean. The rooftop bar is a great place to end your night (at 4am), or just to chill out, play some pool, or sing your heart out at karaoke.

I stayed here January 2015 for 6 nights and it was awesome so I gave them 100%. I stayed again for 4 nights and things have changed. The breakfast is just now toast and coffee/tea/juice. Basic breakfast usually comes with eggs OR fruit (even just a piece of banana or a slice of pineapple) but here is just plain toast. That was very disappointing!

We would like to remind our guests that upon check in you are informed of what we have for breakfast. That is a BASIC BREAKFAST. In the review above, You agreed with it by signing on the registration form but it is surprising in our part that in spite of you still complain and disappointed.

This place was awesome. Super clean and safe and very friendly staff. The rooftop bar is a great place to meet other travelers and listen to them all try to sing karaoke. The hostel is very close to Chinatown and a subway stop that can get you anywhere in the city. They also offer a reasonable sightseeing tour. If your going to KL definitely stay here for a couple nights.

Not as good as it was when I stayed last January 2015!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels