Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Amazing hostel, perfect for backpackers who want a good quiet night sleep. Brilliant rooftop party and a great location!

Friedly and helpful staff, perfect located hostel, rooftop bar with nice city view.

• 30th Jul 2014

Great hostel, with a lot of privacy even in the dorms and also great roof top bar.

Probably the highlight of my stay in KL - a proper diamond in the rough. Clean and beautiful hostel in a good location. Rooftop bar has an amazing view of the petronas towers and KL Tower. Such a great social vibe and the nightly games make it a lot of fun. Dorms are a great size and the showers are warm and clean. Highly recommend this hostel for any backpackers in Kuala Lumpur.

Great location , cool dorms, awesome vibe , wild rooftop parties

• 25th Jul 2014

We had a twin private room - this included a safe which was a bonus for a hostel. Rooms were clean and the water was even warm for a shower! The location was excellent and you were within walking distance of all the main attractions in the city. The rooftop bar was great to meet people - the only downside was that there was a private party there one night for young teenswhich killed the atmosphere. I would definately stay here again, it was excellent! :-)

• 24th Jul 2014

The showers and toilets were very clean and the prices at the bar were excellent. The top bunk beds were a bit scary to get into because they were so high but we liked having the private pods.

Great hostel with loads of activities going on and an amazing bar! Very central location near the markets and train station.

This is the best hostel I have seen. It caters perfectly both solo travelers and small groups. It'll be perfect if there isn't hair on my bed and the male receptionist could look at me when he's talking to me. it's not a big deal.

Very nice hostel in terms of decor, cleanliness and facilities. We didn't find the rooftop bar worthwhile but that would depend on the people staying in the hostel at the time, less social/friendly than other places. Huge shout out to Ong who took us on tour to the Elephant Sanctuary (highly recommended!!) which was one of the best days in our entire holiday. He is super helpful and has some great tips. Wifi wasn't great, breakfast is awesome and free! Walking distance to Petaling St.

Very noisy!! So much noise because of the roof top partys until 3-4am that are hosted by the hostel itself.Very unfriendly people working there, arrogant and really not willing to listen to our complains. Wouldn't go there again, and am not that picky usually

• 20th Jul 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us. Please note that Reggae Mansion is a party hostel. It was stated on our website when you booked and upon checked in it was highlighted to you as well. We are constantly improving our system and hearing feedback from reviewers like you helps us continuously improve our services.

Stayed 2 nights in a mixed 4 ppl dorm. Clean facilities, bunker style beds (=added privacy), great roof top bar (=easier to meet people over a drink as a single traveller), close to petaling st. Would stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great if travelling alone. roof top bar is amazing

Brilliant accomodation. So safe and welcoming. Such a party. Fab staff. Entertaining and Hilarious times had on the rooftop bar. Would go back to KL to stay at this hostel. Defiantly reccomend.

• 17th Jul 2014

reasonable for backpacker

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The rooftop balcony at Reggae Mansion is one of my top highlights of a hostel worldwide. Location is great. My one negative thing to say: I got in late my first night and wanted to see the nightlife on changkat. I figured it would be best for me to walk into a small dive bar, or in general a quieter bar, as I was a solo traveler looking to grab a drink and chat with bar patrons. I asked staff & they strongly recommended their sister bar, Reggae bar. It was a club with music blaring. Bad advice

Dear Guest, We really appreciate your feedback. Seems that you were disappointed with the advice of our staff but please note that "recommendations" are not always to be followed if it doesn't suits your needs. For solo travelers our recommendation, please do a little bit of research of the places you are going for you to have an overview. We wish you good luck on your travels.

Really great hostel! I've stayed in other hostels in KL and this is by far the best. Buzzing atmosphere, very helpful staff, good breakfast, clean rooms and a rooftop bar. Not much more you could ask for!

Good facilities. Nice rooftop bar but no other place to chill out or socialise. Staff are generally helpful but not very warm at all. The room I stayed in had no window and smelt slightly mouldy. Pretty much everything incurs a charge, even for computer use. The vibe is more like a hotel and less like a hostel.

awsome hostel

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Plus it has free breakfast!!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels