Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel to stay in. I had comfortable 4 nights stay here as I extended. Amazing views and great place to meet people. Staff were a little straight to the point but friendly enough and the water fountains on each level were a great touch. Very clean hostel with great facilities would definitely recommend and stay again.

Rooms are quite small and top bunks are ridiculously high and the ladder to reach them is steep and could be hard to climb for some. Also be prepared to lock your valuables away (with your own padlock) because the room doors are not locked automatically. Security outside of this is good though - inner doors require a passcode. Bar and restaurant are nice enough, with friendly staff. Breakfast is poor but with it being a "party" hostel I don't suppose many people make it to breakfast.

The security guard is a hero!!

amazing rooftop bar, breakfast was very good, staff lovely, location perfect, would definitely recommend it and come back if ever in KL again!

Absolutely loved this hostel, was apprehensive at first to spend the extra money as it seemed pricey, but was totally worth it. Met so many amazing like-minded travellers who made my birthday one to remember on the roof top bar! Rooms are super comfy, I stayed in a 16 bed dorm but saw the 24 bed dorm and recommend it because it is HUGE! All in all the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Oh and ps- the showers are to die for.

I find this concept of a upperclass hostel a bit strange. It's a lovley place to stay for sure but as a single traveller it's not great for meeting people. The common rooms are scattered and the beds in the dorms are booths so you can't even see if someone is in your dorm to chat to. Well put it like this the 'backpackers' who come here have suitcases. (So it's that kind of person)

A very good party hostel, but with a lot of privacy in the dorms! You can see the cleaning and security staff to every time in the house. Also the breakfast is a little bit bigger than in other hostels.

Amazing hostel for people looking to meet other backpackers, particularly over NYE. Love the rooftop bar & dorm rooms are private and clean, cool atmosphere, relaxed staff, overall an amazing hostel. For SE Asia dorm, it's a little expensive considering you can find clean private rooms in similar locations for much less, but I guess you pay for the atmosphere. Sometimes there's a little too much pushing to go to the rooftop bar, everyone knows its cheaper outside so let people decide.

• 30th Dec 2014

친절하고 재미있는 직원들, 쾌적한 식당과 옥상 바가 정말 좋았어요 정수기가 설치되어있어서 편리했고 젊은 20대 초반의 사람들이 많아서 유쾌한 분위기가 납니다. 한국인들도 꽤 많이 오시던데 쿠알라룸푸르역 말고 Nasid Jamek?이라는 역에서 가면 진짜 가까워요 좌우지간 재미있는곳입니다 가격도 적절하구요

• 29th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

It is close to Chinatown and the LRT train station to get you anywhere. The 7 wonders - tour was okay but I think they should really scrap the pewterfactory. never seen a group SO BORED in my entire life. rooftop bar is very nice to chill alone or party with new friends!

Absolutely loved our stay at Reggae Mansion, exceeded our expectations, great value for money!

• 27th Dec 2014

Great party hostel with good and new facilities. Drinks are fine with reasonable price at the roof top bar. Room number is a bit confusing in the beginning though. It's more like a commercial hotel rather than normal small hostel.

Great friendly, clean and fun place to stay. I highly recommend this place to anyone staying in KL

It really is a party hostel. Every evening is something going on until around 3 am. Seperated shared washrooms gives you a enough privacy. Food in the restaurant was delicous. Unfortuntly the wifi was slow an unstable in our room. Sounds were coming out of the outside wall in the evening and in the night (mice/rats?)

I wish they could let us choose which floor to booked, and when booked in the same name for 4 people of above can be put automatically in the same room, not separately, and making us wonder where the room for our groups will be in every visit. Also from hostelword the info was that our room will not be under the rooftop, but we end up getting under the roof top which the song from rooftop bar is so loud every night. I'm a bit dissapointed with that fact, But all the rest this place is awesome!

This hostel is amazing and it has everything. They are very upfront about their party hostel nature. However, it wasn't too noisy for me. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

An excellent party hostel to meet new people while travelling. Also has really good location to explore the city and friendly staff to help you make the best out of your stay. The rooms are clean and really loved the more private feeling the rooms give you even though you're in a hostel. Facilities are smth special including a restaurant, roof top bar and cinema, they even organized us a crazy christmas party at the rooftop. Would definitely return here!!

The staff were a bit incompetent when we arrived - the 1st bed I was assigned had been slept in and had used tissues on, the 2nd was clearly occupied and I was eventually assigned a 3rd before someone cleaned up the original bed and I was reassigned again. All this required a trip down to reception and back up 2 floors every time I was moved and occured after an uncomfortable 15.5hr bus journey. Also, you're forced to sign a waiver at check-in to say you can't complain about noise from the bar.

I was drunk the whole time i was there. Didnt do much in KL but had a good time at this hostel

Very good party hostel. Have in mind that almost every day there is a party there. The hostel itself is pretty good and the rooms are unexpensive.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels