Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Not much to say about here. Expensive in comparison to other hostels but when you compare the rooms, showers, staff etc. You see why. One negative is everything is an extra charge.... 10 Malaysia dollars to see a movie that is just off a USB? Come on.... Other than that incredible

I really liked the capsule style set up of the dorm rooms which gave complete privacy. The bar and courtyards were sociable areas and the little cafe has a good range of drinks and foods on offer.

Great, fun hostel. City tour was excellent. I feel like an old man saying this, but the music at the bar can be too loud here. When the bar is not crowded, it really doesn't need to be super loud - it made it more difficult to have a conversation there. I expected my room to be quiet since I didn't get a party dorm, but I could hear noise from the bar well into the night. Also, the staff wasn't very helpful when a taxi driver tried to rip off me and my friends.

Reggae Mansion is a pretty excellent hostel right in KL. The rooftop bar is fantastic and the facilities are really clean. Overall the staff was pretty great, except for one person at the front desk who wasn't very helpful and seemed annoyed all the time. Very close to the train station which made exploring KL and Malaysia really easy. I'd stay here again.

so loud everywhere on Weekends. impossible to sleep, Music from the rooftop is way too loud

Party hostel. If you want to relax, don't dare to go there. The rooftop is great and you even get a sight to Petronas Towers. The restaurant is good and staff super friendly, Only problem for me are the toilets. They are really small, hot and have no windows at all. You take a shower and 1 min later you are sweating again.

Very nice hostel. The restaurant was also great and really really worth the money. We will come back!!

Would 100% stay here again. Absolutely loved my stay, amazing happy staff, great rooftop bar, awesome beds. One of the best hostels I've been to.

• 5th Jun 2014

Nice amd cozy common areas. Looks like a expenxive botique hotel but really cheap rates. Big beds as well. I was in a mix dorm but feels like own the entire room coz im the only one staying there maybe there was not much of guest that week. I like it here.

I enjoy everything about this hostel aside from that they don't allow you to bring your own alcohol in the building, forcing you to purchase from their bar, or to drink outside.

• 3rd Jun 2014

we love the hostel, the place and the private room we had! really a great place to stay, also the subway and bankmachines just around the corner.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Most enjoyable stay, exceptionally friendly, courteous and helpful staff, very good aircon, and adjacent restaurant is very useful. Drinks are too expensive, the Raggae restaurant charges more than UK prices for beer by quite a margin, but then drinks are very expensive in KL generally. The combination of toilets and showers in one small room with no paper or cotton towels provided is a pain. Overall however I very much recommend you staying there. BBQ, music and drinks are on Top of the Roof.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Had heard about this legendary place from travelers all over SEA. My only regret was not being able to stay long enough to fully enjoy it. This is a full on social/party place where there's never a dull moment if you don't want it. The 24 bed room hardly felt crowded at all save for some undesired talking at albeit, reasonable hours of the day—naps were unfortunately out of the question for that room. Everything was extremely secure and clean. The organized tours were wonderful as well.

This place is worth the extra money compared to other options. Heard about it from friends and loved it. I returned and stayed here again and will sugest it to anyone going through KL.

Overall a really good hostel. Really enjoyed the free breakfast and the rooftop bar was a plus. One huge negative is that I was staying in the 16 mixed dorm and halfway through my stay realized there were video cameras in my dorm which made me quite uncomfortable as I had openly been changing outside of my pod.. Would have appreciated being told that ahead of time. Staff were nice, but not the most helpful

Great hostel, although expected for the price you pay! Not one bad thing to say about the place... at all. Staying here every time I come to KL.

This hostel, of the many I've stayed in here in KL, receives top marks for cleanliness, facilities, location, and general coolness. You pay a little extra, but it's worth it, because it's really first-rate, especially the full breakfast, where other hostels just give you toast. However, the rooftop party, however great I thought it was while I was attending, ceased to be cool when I tried to go to sleep. The music and DJ sounds permeate the whole building. If you want to sleep, don't go here.

Rats between the bed construction. No window in the dorm -> smell was horrible muddy. After 4 mounth travelling in asia I was never treated like in kindergarten so much like here.

I got six stitches in my foot cos I was walkig around barefoot on the roof... Don't walk around barefoot!!! But I bled all over my room and the stairs and the mattress and the common area and they cleaned it right away and didn't charge me extra for anything and just made light of it all which was really nice. The rooftop bar is really in and everyone was so friendly! Probably one of the best hostels I've ever state at, as long as you're willing to spend a little extra money..

• 25th May 2014

Friendly staff, clean showers/ toilets, good location near china town and metro. Rooms a bit noisy even with earplugs in!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels