Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Overall a really good hostel. Really enjoyed the free breakfast and the rooftop bar was a plus. One huge negative is that I was staying in the 16 mixed dorm and halfway through my stay realized there were video cameras in my dorm which made me quite uncomfortable as I had openly been changing outside of my pod.. Would have appreciated being told that ahead of time. Staff were nice, but not the most helpful

Great hostel, although expected for the price you pay! Not one bad thing to say about the place... at all. Staying here every time I come to KL.

This hostel, of the many I've stayed in here in KL, receives top marks for cleanliness, facilities, location, and general coolness. You pay a little extra, but it's worth it, because it's really first-rate, especially the full breakfast, where other hostels just give you toast. However, the rooftop party, however great I thought it was while I was attending, ceased to be cool when I tried to go to sleep. The music and DJ sounds permeate the whole building. If you want to sleep, don't go here.

Rats between the bed construction. No window in the dorm -> smell was horrible muddy. After 4 mounth travelling in asia I was never treated like in kindergarten so much like here.

I got six stitches in my foot cos I was walkig around barefoot on the roof... Don't walk around barefoot!!! But I bled all over my room and the stairs and the mattress and the common area and they cleaned it right away and didn't charge me extra for anything and just made light of it all which was really nice. The rooftop bar is really in and everyone was so friendly! Probably one of the best hostels I've ever state at, as long as you're willing to spend a little extra money..

• 25th May 2014

Friendly staff, clean showers/ toilets, good location near china town and metro. Rooms a bit noisy even with earplugs in!

Had a great stay in Reggae Mansion actually stayed for two night over what we originally booked. Lovely rooms and fun rooftop bar. Just don't get the salads in the restaurant, their only fail. Only three ingredients in the "mixed" salad.

• 22nd May 2014

The staff were super awkward, very unapproachable. When you arrive they don't explain the facilities or give you a tour. Can be quite confusing. The rooms drunk of old washing/mildew. Party hostel. Not ideal for solo travellers.

Some of the best times I had on my travels were in this hostel. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

One of the nicest hostels throughout my SE Asia trip

The Hostel of Asia.

We (2 persons) stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 5 nights. The dorms were pods and provided a large locker, a reading light, pillow. mattress and curtain for privacy. As noted in other reviews the hostel is aimed towards those looking for party atmosphere with a club and bar on the top floor. Non-guests would regularly walk through the hostel, although limited to one 'party' staircase (with 'party dorms'). The noise was actually pretty bad for the rest of the hostel as well.

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed at. All the facilities are great. It's a shame the cinema hardly gets used as it looks really good

Very good hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful, good location and can see the Petrona Towers at night from the rooftop bar, good friendly atmosphere, cool bar to drink at up on top, definitely recommend this hostel.

• 15th May 2014

Great hostel! Easy to get there from Klia2 or LCCT. The hostel is located 2 blocks from Masjid Jamek LRT Station. Good to move to/from KL´s hotspots. The staff is really nice and the rooftop and common spaces are really good. Rooms are spacious (with A/C) and the cleanliness of the whole hostel is excellent.

The beds are super comfy but are so private the make it a little hard to socialize.

Reggae Mansion is a really nice hostel with great facilities, helpful staff, a rooftop bar and breakfast which we only managed to get up for 1 morning haha! We stayed in a 4 bed dorm. While the pod beds are nice for privacy I did find them a little bit claustrophobic and it makes for an unsocial hostel. You never really know if there's anyone in the rooms as the curtains are pulled around the beds. We didn't find the rooftop bar that social to be honest maybe we were just unlucky!

Really nice room (2-bed private). Nice atmosphere.

• 10th May 2014

Great location, nice and clean and good facilities.

Nice hostel, however some rooms might be very noisy. The staff was not very welcoming.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels