Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2093 Total Reviews

Rooms are private, cubby holes are great to sleep in. Food was horrible and expensive so eat out. Overall decent place to stay.

• 24th Dec 2013

Good hostel, very social and great for meeting people, the pod beds are good if you are looking for privacy as well. Only negative is the noise, which can be heard from the rooftop bar until 2am, I didn't trouble me but if you are a light sleeper it may be a bit of a nuisance

One of the best hostels I've been to. Great atmosphere and has everything you need (and more) in a hostel.

Great hostel. The beds are huge and comfy. Great facilities for a rest day. Breakfast for free. Security is top notch, best security I have seen at a hostel yet. HOWEVER the first night there there was a cockroach in someones bed and for us not accustomed to it we were freaking out cause it is gross and it took forever for the staff to come and kill it, like 15-20mins? (they did change the sheets though). Recommendation to them to add to the cleaning would be to wash the walls once a month.

We've been to plenty of hostels on our journey through asia, and this one was our favorite. We booked the reggae mansion again for our last night, just to end with an awesome hot shower and a cold drink on the roof. The staff was always super helpful and friendly, which set it apart from the rest. Loved it here!!

• 21st Dec 2013

This is what i would believe to be the best Hostle in Kuala Lumpur.. Pick it.. you will love it :-)

The Reggae Mansion Staff was very aware with their customer. When i have electricity problem, the staff and receptionist help me solve this problems. The securities also very good, helping customer in needs.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Noise from rooftop music can be heard from level 2 (lv1 is the reception), even with wearing earplug. Reception area smells of smoke. And NO fire alarm at all in the rooms.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Very clean and spacious hostel. The size of the beds and the way they can be curtained off made a 24 dorm feel more like a private room! 2 plug sockets per person is also great. Close walking distance to all major locations and transport links. Rooftop bar was a cool place to hangout but more could be done to help get people together and offer more suggestions on where to go and what to do ( best places to eat/go out etc ).

all round good hostel

• 16th Dec 2013

Awesome place! Beautiful building. We had a private room, and it felt like a hotel room, absolutely stunning. Rooftop bar was great, and drinks were well priced! It is a must :) Will be back one day!

This was a great hostel to stay at. The atmosphere on the roof top bar was better than the strip. Met some amazing travellers which I hope to see again. Overall me and my friend had an amazing time.

Amazing hostel. By far the best hostel I have ever been to. Not only was it a very modern, clean and fun place to be - it was extremely comfortable. The building alone was beautiful and the beds and facilities were comfortable. The location was perfect and conveniently located nearby the station and Chinatown. I loved the roof top bar and as a solo traveller, it is the perfect place to meet other people. The ambience of this hostel is just amazing - 5 stars!!!!!

Exquisite interior with a very well-stocked bar and dining area, lovely courtyard and funky rooftop bar! Staff are attentive, fellow guests are friendly and facilities are clean. Perfect for the traveller who seeks to meet new people and enjoy themselves around that part of town.

Great Hostel, felt more like in a hotel! Great facilities like Rooftoop Bar, Restaurant and Cinema. Would definitly come again.

• 11th Dec 2013

Well located near the Masjid Jamek stations. Many attractions are walkable and those that aren't are close by metro. The security was high. I stayed for four nights in the four bed mixed dorm on the first floor. I didn't even hear any music from the rooftop bar. The pods are quite private. Some people in my room I didn't even meet. Lounges are indoor/outdoor and quite nice in the rain. Lots of people stay here but I found it slightly hard to meet people. Internet is spotty. Movies cost.

Super comfortable dorm rooms!

clean with a friendly, helpful staff. . . anyone over the age of 30 should probably avoid this place. it advertises itself as a party hostel, and rightfully so. . .but i didn't anticipate the overwhelming number of douchebags walking around, causing a ruckus after hours. the kids here all wear tanktops, get trashed at the hostel bar, then return to disturb anyone who is sleeping past 2am. if you're one of those people, congrats! you should totally stay here. . .

Can't complain,pretty good..

Amazing hostel, by far the best one of my travels. Perfect if you are traveling alone as it's very social. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooftop bar is a perfect place to spend your evenings, sipping cheap yet strong drinks on beanbags.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels