Reggae Penang Love Lane Hostel Reviews

57, Love Lane, 10200 Georgetown Penang, Penang, Malaysia

Had a really good time here! Nice beds with a lot of privacy and clean toilets and showers. The location is great and the hostel has a nice bar downstairs where you easily meet new people. The host, Charlie, is amazing!! He told me a lot and is very funny! He also did my laundry and booked me a taxi to the airport. The hostel is a little bit expensive though. And when you sleep in one of the front dorms it can be noisy because of the bar (but I'm normally a bad sleeper and I slept really good).

Great location. Cool people. Weird smells in some areas. Pod beds are awesome but mattresses getting old. Owner was very cool and bought us free booze!

Reggae Penang in Love Lane was a really comfortable hostel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get to know some people. You can have some drinks in Reggae Mansion, relax at the beach that is 45 minutes away or do some sightseeing. Especially the guy at the reception, Charly, was really really cute :) I had a great time there :)

Love the pod bunks, and Uncle Charlie is too funny!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Such a great stay here. Probably my favourite hostel through two months of backpacking. Awesome food nearby, cheap beer around the corner and nice balcony. Also Charlie is the man!

10min from fort cornwall, and major sight. there are some place to rent bicyle so that i can take that to go everywhere in george town. cleanness is not bed. Futher, noise in night too. in order to use safe box. lock is needed

• 27th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Reggae Mansion is what it is due to uncle Charlie. I loved the conversations that I had with him. He is full of life. Apart from that all the staff were friendly and there to assist with anything that we needed. Fantastic place... I would stay there again.

• 25th Dec 2014

Not as good as it's counterpart I'm KL but the pods still offer a level of privacy you won't get in other dorms. Hot showers and pretty quiet

Internet was poor

Poorly ventilated rooms, horrible breakfast, often times no toilet paper in bathroom, dripping water from ceiling everywhere.

Great place to stay very sociable stayed in the 12 bed dorm air con clean etc some really nice restaurants near bye check out red garden. Ask for Charlie can help you organise anything tours visa etc

Everything was just perfect and I had know a lot of friends here which are from different country. The only thing that have to improve is the stability of internet connection.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

I loved staying at this hostel. The staff were really helpful and super friendly. I guess everyone who stays there knows Charlie, he's a great guy that really goes out of his way to keep everyone happy. He took us to the Monkey beach and spent the whole day there with us. Everything was really clean and overall it's a great place to meet people. The location is perfect, close to most of the street art, street food stalls and bars. It's really one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Cozy and nice to stay for a while. So closed with other public spots. Best recommend for all backpackers..

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Location ideal. Seconds away from street food. Minutes away from street art. Great lockers. Bring your own lock. Staff very helpful. Great common areas. we stayed in 4 bed dorm. Larger dorms alot more social. I recommend eating in red garden up the road. Delish food.

• 14th Oct 2014

Really enjoyable stay! Thansk!

Lovely hostel! Loved the bunk-cave-like beds, felt private even though sharing with 12 ppl. Bread and coffee for breakfast. Nice bar area and the location is great.

Loved staying here! Uncle Charlie who manages he place is great and very helpful! Everyone was so friendly and the food there is great!

Reggae Mansion is a beautiful old building and it's a really nice hostel - the beds are capsules but they are big and airy and don't feel claustrophobic. The big balcony is a lovely place to chill out. As usual, the wifi is really erratic and it would be great if the staff were a little more helpful (perhaps speaking english a bit better) but can't really complain about anything. The bathrooms are good.