Reggae Penang Love Lane Hostel Reviews

57, Love Lane, 10200 Georgetown Penang, Penang, Malaysia

Good location, but the bus doesn't stop by the 7 eleven as they mention on the directions. I needed to walk a lot when I arrived. The bed smells like Pesticids strongly. The comun area upstairs is the balcony and people sit and talk right by the door the whole night, which makes it hard to sleep. I didn't feel safe at all with all the noise and so close to outside. Breakfast was very poor, but served by a nice old man.

i like the dorm bed, it's dorm but it's private and also they got several bathroom, so no you don't have to wait long, the staff is nice

Super Atmosphere, location and staff.

Is a very good hostel compare to other hostel I live.I love the design and environment there.At the night,the opposite road of 7-11 have many food stalls.There is a Kali mee stall is the best!!!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Great facilities and cheap drinks!

Very nice owner, everyone seemed to love him. A nice place to hang out on the verandah or at the bar. It is easy to meet people, too. I liked the idea of the pods, you had a little bit of privacy in the big dorms. There were however no kitchen facilities at all, not even hot water or a toaster.

The breakfast provided is too basic, only bread, butter, Jam, and a very cheap coffee.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Filthy hostel. A rat ran over my pillow and the reception weren't shocked when I told them.

There are quite much bed bugs in the hostel, don't try to challenge it if you don't mind be bited by the bugs, quite terrible.

good location with lots of buses nearby,but the upper bed is too high and bit noisy until midnight

• 13th Jan 2014
  • China

The location and hostel were alright, there are probably better ones around. Rooms and bunk were comfortable. Staff were probably the biggest let down, seem genuinely disinterested in the job, were not helpful at all.

i'll come back again with my family

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

The 3 nights were a good stay. Staff were friendly. And the dorms are kept clean.

The first problem is that the hostel has bed bugs, found in dorm rooms 25-32 and the one prior to this - these are mixed bed doorms. Staff need to take positive action, staff seemed not to fussed by the issue, they removed the bed linen and just changed it (yet it's in the seams), the person whom was in that bed decided to leave, I witnessed a new person going in. This is unacceptable. This was on 5th Dec. Staff need to take positive action and have an attitude to match that action.

Awful experience. My iPad was stolen 5 minutes after I had checked in.

• 29th Nov 2013

The ambience isn't as busy as their sister KL branch but there are still plenty of people to talk to outside. Charlie gave great hugs. I had to leave due to bed bugs so make sure you check your bed first - the staff didn't seem surprised or concerned when I told them and only managed a forced 'I'm sorry' which makes me think it must happen a lot.

• 13th Nov 2013

Stayed here after an amazing time at the reggae hostel in KL. Although its a really similar set up with the pod beds that I love. I found the atmosphere wasnt as good, its not as much a party hostel where you can meet people. Would still recommend though.

Nice looking hostel at a good location. But it wasn't very crowded at the 3 nights I've spend here. I don't think you need more time to visit George Town, 3 nights was good. The bar was realy empty at night, maybe it gets crowdier during the weekend. I spend my weekend on Langkawi, which I prefered more.