Reggae Penang Love Lane Hostel Reviews

57, Love Lane, 10200 Georgetown Penang, Penang, Malaysia

This was my second time staying here and Charlie just makes this place, love it. Also love that every bed is completely private with a wall and blackout curtain

Charlie is a real character and will always be around to help. The bathrooms could have been a bit better and the water heating isn't great, but it's quite hot in Penang so this wasn't too much of an issue. I really liked the dorm pods!

Charlie makes this hostel complete. We will miss him!

Great rooms, great staff but the washrooms need more cleaning. I love how there's a lot of chairs/tables inside and outside. Funny how the manager and the staff wanted to take pictures with me and another girl on our last day but not anyone else.

Love the pod type beds with curtains its almost like having your own room.

• 10th Mar 2015

Amazing staff - uncle Charlie makes this place truly special! Breakfast is brilliant, rotti dhaal - so yum! Great rooms, highly recommend!

Had a really good time here! Nice beds with a lot of privacy and clean toilets and showers. The location is great and the hostel has a nice bar downstairs where you easily meet new people. The host, Charlie, is amazing!! He told me a lot and is very funny! He also did my laundry and booked me a taxi to the airport. The hostel is a little bit expensive though. And when you sleep in one of the front dorms it can be noisy because of the bar (but I'm normally a bad sleeper and I slept really good).

This is the best hostel I stayed in for all of SE Asia. Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is more than just toast. Excellent atmosphere. The owner of the hostel was in town (from Singapore). He treated myself and all of the other backpackers to a 5L bottle of Johnnie Walker at Reggae Bar. Staff is awesome. The set up is excellent. Each bed is in its own "cubbie" - plenty of privacy, and plenty of common space outside to socialize. You should definitely stay here.

Great location. Cool people. Weird smells in some areas. Pod beds are awesome but mattresses getting old. Owner was very cool and bought us free booze!

Reggae Penang in Love Lane was a really comfortable hostel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get to know some people. You can have some drinks in Reggae Mansion, relax at the beach that is 45 minutes away or do some sightseeing. Especially the guy at the reception, Charly, was really really cute :) I had a great time there :)

Love the pod bunks, and Uncle Charlie is too funny!

Such a great stay here. Probably my favourite hostel through two months of backpacking. Awesome food nearby, cheap beer around the corner and nice balcony. Also Charlie is the man!

10min from fort cornwall, and major sight. there are some place to rent bicyle so that i can take that to go everywhere in george town. cleanness is not bed. Futher, noise in night too. in order to use safe box. lock is needed

• 27th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Reggae Mansion is what it is due to uncle Charlie. I loved the conversations that I had with him. He is full of life. Apart from that all the staff were friendly and there to assist with anything that we needed. Fantastic place... I would stay there again.

• 25th Dec 2014

Not as good as it's counterpart I'm KL but the pods still offer a level of privacy you won't get in other dorms. Hot showers and pretty quiet

Internet was poor

Poorly ventilated rooms, horrible breakfast, often times no toilet paper in bathroom, dripping water from ceiling everywhere.