Riverbank's Hostel Reviews

via Volta dei Tintori nr. 1, Florence, Italy

The bed was not good, we ended up putting two of the many pillows under the mattress and that helped, but we forgot to remove them? Otherwise it was ok! Thank you, Elizabeth Miller

• 27th May 2015

The location was excellent, right on the river and within easy walking distance to everything. The hostess was friendly, helpful, and eager to make sure our visit to Florence was the best possible. Our room was beautiful, clean, and very relaxing. Out hostess made wonderful suggestions for side trips, the best was to watch the sunset from across the river at Piazzella Michaelangelo, (free for a lovely 15 minute walk) which was amazing, complete with a local street concert. Wifi a little spotty.

Hard to find the door of hostel

This didn't feel like a hostel -- it felt like a hotel. Our 5-bed room was gorgeous, with high ceilings and beautiful decor. They even served us biscuits and candy. The receptionist was great and showed us attractions and restaurants to visit. It was no more than 20 minutes walking to all the main attractions. My only critique is there is no breakfast. Other than that it was fabulous, can't believe we only spent €30 each for this place.

Hostel room was large and in a great location! We were able to use a kitchen which was great too! Staff at check in were lovely :) The only complaint we have is that there were TERRIBLE mosquitoes every night if we left the windows open. Might be worth putting in screens? Or mosquito repellent? There were dead mosquitoes squashed on walls so think other people had the same problem? Other than that it was a great stay :)

Room was very spacious and nice. Beds were incredibly comfortable. Wifi does not work in the rooms--only in the lobby, where the man behind the desk was not super happy about guests spending a lot of time in the lobby.

Major issue: the staff spoke very, very little English. Besides that, it was okay.

Really small rooms but confortable. Dirty.. so much.

the staff very nice, the hostel so so.

This was a great location (less than 5 from city center and everything) and amazing place for the price. We got a double room and had our own bathroom. Staff was helpful and everything was clean.

Absolutely fantastic! In a brilliant location, rooms were beautiful, staff were very friendly! We all had a lovely time here and I'd 100% stay here again, great value for money :) Thanks so much!

• 21st Mar 2015

The hostel was right off a street with lots of restaurants and bars and super close to the river which has tons of great shops and more restaurants, which was great for us. The check-in office is NOT in the same building as the rooms, but the walk to the hostel where you actually stay is not far (less than 5 minutes). The room was small but clean, basically a bed to sleep in and that's it, but we were perfectly comfortable.

My friend and I only stayed for one night but loved this hostel. I would especially recommend it if you are staying in Florence for more than one night. The rooms were very cozy and decorated and there were cookies and candies to munch on with tea in the room. The location was great; it was extremely easy to get around to all the major sights in Florence and there is a gorcery store across the street.

This Hostel was really great! It was cute, clean and the double bed was comfy, we even had an eu-suit bathroom which was a nice surprise!The owner was really generous and funny which made the environment of the hostel nice and 'homely'. I would stay there again for sure and i would recommend it to everyone (except my enemies because its too nice for them).

• 21st Feb 2015

We ended up actually being very impressed with Riverbank's Hostel! The best part was the location. The room was clean, organized, and quite comfortable. The man at the front desk was very welcoming and offered us direction for anything. Thank you!

• 11th Feb 2015

We had a great

I stayed 2 nights at Riverbank's hostel with my boyfriend and it was an excellent choice. We really liked the hostel, the room was big, cleaned, comfortable and we had all the facilities. The staff was really nice and very helpful. I had forgotten some clothes and they sent me it by mail right after I asked them about it.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Spain

We spent one night in Riverbank's hostel and it was very good. The staff was available for our necessitiies, the rooms were big and fancies, we didn't have any kind of problem and the hostel is very close to the centre of the city. Everything was comfortable and definitely the value for money was excellent.

• 4th Feb 2015

I cannot say enough good thıngs about the Riverbank's Hostel. First off, it was relatively easy to find and centrally located just around the corner from Santa Croce church. Our room was spacious and comfortable, loved the balcony access. Staff was very helpful in showing us sights to see as well as restaurants in the area that offered discounts if you showed them your Riverbank's key. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

A great place! Don't be afraid of the entrance, which does not invite too much, and enjoy the very nice rooms (we had a double with bathroom), the kind service, the facilities (wi-fi, tv and frigo in the room, possibility of having tee or coffee at any time, well equipped kitchen), the silence and cleanliness... and the room decoration and colours were also very nice. when I come to Florence, I will chose again this hostel! Barbara, France

• 2nd Feb 2015