Riverbank's Hostel Reviews

via Volta dei Tintori nr. 1, Florence, Italy

My friends and I had a nice stay at the hostel. It was very clean, smelled nice, provided bedding and towels, the bathrooms were spacious and neat, plus there was a kitchen.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Fantastic hostel, very clean, manager was very nice and helpful.

• 16th Jan 2015

It was located so conveniently in between the center of Firzenze, Florence. As the name suggests, it was right by the river bank. The Duomo, Uffizi, Bulbolbi Gardens, Michaelangelo Plaza was all walking distance. Sorry if I misspelled. In addition, the hostess was nice enough to let a friend stay (and we mistakenly/didn't know we had to tell them in advance since it was very last minute for us) and added an extra bed in the room.

• 10th Jan 2015

🙆good room, wine and snack service, clean bathroom 🙅we booked a room which was including breakfast, but there was no breakfast, poor wifi in my room 🔺stuff (couldn't speak English enough)

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Japan

Absolutely awesome room! Complimentary bottle of prosecco, cookies, tea, and tangerines were very nice. Mini fridge was stocked with waters for purchase, and it came in handy when storing leftover food! TV with basic cable was a luxury after a month without. En suite was gorgeous and location was excellent. No atmosphere outside of your own room; this is an inn, not a hostel. Great value if looking for a private getaway in Florence, away from the hubbub of hostel life.

Nice place and location, big clean rooms. No real hostel-vibe going on (small hostel), but perfect for couple or weekend away together. Recommended!

I had a wonderful stay at riverbanks. It was in a fantastic location, closer to everything than I had originally assumed with the directions online. I had the single room and it was just beautiful! Staff were fantastic and very helpful. They were very sweet to talk me through the map and point out the hidden gems I wouldn't have found by myself. I am already planning my next trip to florence and will definitely be staying with riverbanks again!

• 6th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

In terms of location you can't wish for more. I lived in Florence for years and this is my favourite area as it's near all the nice bars and restaurants. The accommodation was impeccably clean with hotel standard sheets and towels included. The room was larger than most hotel rooms in Florence. Safes were provided but ironically not fixed to cupboard :/ the man on reception was helpful but seems to never sleep as he was there every hour of the day! Checkin is offered at any time as a result!

Difficult to find using their directions esp. at night. Upon arrival there had been a mistake on our booking and they took us to another building about 5 minutes away. Not a big problem, but they arent very organized. Hostel was very clean. I wish there had been a locker to store my stuff in during the day. 15 min. walk to city center. Upon checkout they made us pay city tax (64 euros) even though our booking said ALL taxes was included. Staff is not helpful in sorting this out (ignoring emails)

The place it was ok and well located in the city, but it was a bit hard to find it, ´cause we arrived at night and it's located in a dark street with no visible identification. We were late 'cause we had a flat tire and while understanding the person who received us was tired, we also had a long night and expected a much nicer welcome.

We stayed in a lovely apartment located in the historical part of town and had a stunning view looking towards the dome of the Cathedral. The man at the hostel was very friendly, charming and helpful. He kept us entertained all the way to the flat, told us a bit about the city and recommended a few places where to eat. The flat was clean and quiet, and we loved being woken up by the church bells every morning. We definitely recommend this hostel as we would return again ourselves.

• 17th Aug 2014

The receptionist was really a shame, the way he receives the hosts, the way he behaves doesn’t’ fit to a hotel, cheap or not. It is a pity because the place is quite nice and very well located. My suggestion, find him an other job not link with public. Pierre Jaccard

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel is based in an avarage flat, which in italy is not really fancy. But when entering the hostel (2nd floor) it is nice and clean. Wifi is good, room is clean and the free bottle of wine is cool! everything was spot-on. Virenze is so small. From the hostel the whole city can be reached within 20 min. walking. So don't take a taxi. it even takes longer :) If i will get back i will go to this hostel again :)

• 8th Aug 2014