Riverbank's Hostel Reviews

via Volta dei Tintori nr. 1, Florence, Italy

Nice place and location, big clean rooms. No real hostel-vibe going on (small hostel), but perfect for couple or weekend away together. Recommended!

I had a wonderful stay at riverbanks. It was in a fantastic location, closer to everything than I had originally assumed with the directions online. I had the single room and it was just beautiful! Staff were fantastic and very helpful. They were very sweet to talk me through the map and point out the hidden gems I wouldn't have found by myself. I am already planning my next trip to florence and will definitely be staying with riverbanks again!

• 6th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

In terms of location you can't wish for more. I lived in Florence for years and this is my favourite area as it's near all the nice bars and restaurants. The accommodation was impeccably clean with hotel standard sheets and towels included. The room was larger than most hotel rooms in Florence. Safes were provided but ironically not fixed to cupboard :/ the man on reception was helpful but seems to never sleep as he was there every hour of the day! Checkin is offered at any time as a result!

The place it was ok and well located in the city, but it was a bit hard to find it, ´cause we arrived at night and it's located in a dark street with no visible identification. We were late 'cause we had a flat tire and while understanding the person who received us was tired, we also had a long night and expected a much nicer welcome.

We stayed in a lovely apartment located in the historical part of town and had a stunning view looking towards the dome of the Cathedral. The man at the hostel was very friendly, charming and helpful. He kept us entertained all the way to the flat, told us a bit about the city and recommended a few places where to eat. The flat was clean and quiet, and we loved being woken up by the church bells every morning. We definitely recommend this hostel as we would return again ourselves.

• 17th Aug 2014

The receptionist was really a shame, the way he receives the hosts, the way he behaves doesn’t’ fit to a hotel, cheap or not. It is a pity because the place is quite nice and very well located. My suggestion, find him an other job not link with public. Pierre Jaccard

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel is based in an avarage flat, which in italy is not really fancy. But when entering the hostel (2nd floor) it is nice and clean. Wifi is good, room is clean and the free bottle of wine is cool! everything was spot-on. Virenze is so small. From the hostel the whole city can be reached within 20 min. walking. So don't take a taxi. it even takes longer :) If i will get back i will go to this hostel again :)

• 8th Aug 2014

We got upgraded from a private room to an apartment in another building overlooking the Duomo, so it probably wasn't a typical experience. That said, everything about the place was great and what we saw of the main hostel (location, cleanliness, staff) was all positive as well.

If I were booking this trip again, this place would *NOT* be on my list. Also, they ONLY accept cash, up-front, regardless of what the internet says. We did not complete our stay, and left early. I would advise you to take your money elsewhere.

Cons: Rude host, lots of Mosquitos, not desirably clean, loud alleyway, somewhat poor security, host watches tv with drinking buddies until 1 am in the lobby next to your room, had to ask for toilet paper upon arrival, unmade beds upon arrival, rude host. Pros: Free champagne upon arrival, excellent location for sightseeing and nightlife Will not be returning. Not recommended for you.

• 30th Jun 2014

Enjoyed our stay, very nice and a good location. The free bottle of champagne was a bonus!

The owner was very friendly and jovial. He moved us around the corner to a different hotel with a lovely room plus balcony. The young woman there was helpful but the young man (her boyfriend?) was unfriendly. There was a problem with the plumbing and the floor of the room was seeping water, presumably from the shower. Excellent location, close to everything but nice and quiet.

The first night we had to stay at a nearby flat due to overbooking. It was nice, but for two nights it was an inconvenience to pack and unpack and lug bags back and forth. Both places were clean and spacious though. WiFi was OK, but room was clean and amenities were good. Close to the sites! We got charged cash on arrival though, which was not what was advertised. The desk man was nice and tried to be helpful, but seemed a little clueless. Would stay there again.

What a great spot! We were close to everything. We had a private room and they threw in a bottle of wine. Great internet, great room, and an all around good experience! The only minor complaint we had was that the bed was two twins pushed up against each other and kept splitting in the middle. We'd highly recommend this place!

We really liked staying here. Right in the center of Florence, two steps from all sights. A very nice hostel. Staff was very helpful with any questions. Felt like home. Recommend it to everybody!

• 8th May 2014